Auto Empty Deleted Items on Exit OR after X days or X Items accumulated?

In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder,
either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of
Items accumulated?
--

"J. J."
0

Go to "Tools" : "Options" : "Other"
First option is "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting"

You can set it to delete after x number of days for certain e-mail account
types.

Go to: "Tools" : "E-Mail Accounts" :
Select, "View or change e-mail accounts"
Select account to chnage and click "Change..." :
Click "More Settings"
Select the "Advanced" tab.
Settings are at the bottom under Delivery

"JDJ" <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder,
> either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of
> Items accumulated?
> --
>
> "J. J."

I use AutoArchive to keep about 3 days' worth of deleted items around in =
case I change my mind and need something I deleted.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"JDJ" <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote in message =
> In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder,
> either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of
> Items accumulated?
> --=20
>=20
> "J. J."
0
suemvp (4038)

auto number index snafu
I have a 2003 DB I've been adding to for 2 years. It's at 423 records = now. I export to a PDF for simpler searching and viewing. Using the search the other day, I went to grab DVD 186, on carousel tower= 2. And what came up didn't match the record. The index was totally screwed. I went thru all 423 records and created a numeric index by hand. The auto number field is useless. But I would still prefer an auto number field. Trouble is when I create the auto number field, it's still off the actual numbers of the records.. ie: 99-100 is actually 99-186,187, 188, 189 100-385,...

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Auto complete in Excel (Office) 2003
Is it possible to increase the *memory* of autocomplete?? I notice in the columns that excel will attempt to autocomplete if the text has been used in the last 100 or so cells (i think). What I would like is it to attempt to remember , say, 500 cells back. Is this possible?? Have I explained myself well enough? :-) Cheers Bob Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo possible solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2003 Imap Auto Purge wish list
I hope someone at Microsoft can code in a auto purge Imap deleted email function into there next Service Pack. I can see a problem rolling this out to our employees. There going to delete messages and those messages are going to stay on the Email server until they do a Purge. I'm afraid they just won't do this. We use Imap. No auto purge means emails staying on the server which over time just takes up hard drive space and makes tape backups take longer. wayne Hi Wayne, You should send suggestions to mswish@microsoft.com as the newsgroups are not monitored for feature request...

Auto Forward mail to a group of External addresses
Can someone please tell me how I create an Auto Forward to a group of external email addresses. I want to setup an auto forward on my exchange so that all mail sent to forward@mydomain.com is then forwarded to a group of email accounts such as me@hotmail.com, me@yahoo.com, user@mail.com. Can someone please tell me how I set this up on an exchange server. I know how to do it for an individual but I can't work out how I create an auto forward for a group of people. Thanks for any advice! what version Exchange? only the terminology is different...create custom recipients/contacts ...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Discount all items in a department?
Is it possible to discount all the items in a department (or other specified group) in one go? E.g. I want to discount all our 'media' department by 10% Help. El Presidente, SO Manager --> Wizards menu --> Inventory Wizard --> Task 110 Change Item Price --> Press Next --> Choose the Department --> Press Next, this is where we need to figure out if you are doing a permanent mark down or a sale for a specific period of time. For a Permanent Mark Down: Price change method = Discount from Regular price Percentage = 10% Price to be changed = Regular Sale for a spe...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Auto forward incoming mails.
Outlook 2003. How to configure such that all incoming mails to exchange will auto forward to my personnal email address? You can create a rule for that; Tools-> Rules and Alerts Note that automatic forwarding is disabled by (secure) default on the Exchange server. To enable see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNQsdGAkEHA....

Categories deleted converting from Quicken
Hi folks, I just converted from Q2003 Premier to the Money 2005 Trial 2 days ago. I noticed today that a number of categories have been removed from the transactions in my checking account and credit card accounts. What I've noticed so far: 1. All sub-accounts for Utilities were gone. This wasn't too bad because I could use find replace since the payee name has been the same on these for all years I have in Quicken/Money. 2. All sub-accounts under Insurance were gone. 3. The category Groceries came over, but there were no transactions in it. Quicken had several hundred...

Empty frames
While surfing the Washington Post site, I came across an empty video box with a tiny box in the upper left hand corner of the frame. Inside the tiny box were three little dabs of red, green and blue colors. On another site, I found an empty picture frame with the same tiny box. How can these be opened? I have Windows XP, SP 3, Windows Media Player 11, IE 8. Thank you. Web pages can contain all kinds of multimedia content. One is Adobe Flash. Empty boxes or frames can appear either because your PC doesn't have the correct software add-on to render the content or your secur...

Copy Matrix Items
I am afraid I know the answer to this already but here goes- I have a prospective shoe store customer who receives as many as 500 pairs of shoes in a lot. Most of the time 50% or more of these shoes have not been stocked before and they don't know what the shoes will be until they get the lot. Because of the nature of shoes they need the ability to quickly enter in the assorted sizes and colors in a run of Men's, Women's, Children's etc. While the New Item Wizard for a Matrix Item works well the customer would like to not have to enter in the size runs each time since they a...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

"Can't copy the items. You don't have permission ..."
I use OL 2003, latest service pack,etc. My PST file is about 1.2 GB and is Unicode-compatible. Lately Outlook shuts down suddenly without warning, and I have left checked the box to restart Outlook automatically. This is a big annoyance. However, in the last 2-3 days, I'm seeing a new kind of problem. I can't delete or move messages from mail folders. I get the message that is in the subject line, and the balance of this message is: ... to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder o...

Highlight color for selected items
How can I find out what color is used for highlighting selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users computer? Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. "Urban Olars" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:071c01c3c941$3db2c890$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I find out what color is used for highlighting > selected items (for example in Windows Explorer)on a users > computer? > Normally it is a blue color, but a user can change that. See if it's GetSysColor/COLOR_HIGHLIGHT. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Take a ...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

Securities with closed positions are being deleted
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe--having upgraded from the 2003 Money Business version. It appears that my closed security positions are being deleted automatically 60 days after selling the last shares. Price history for these securities is also deleted. I believe that in Money 2003 (Business) that I used a setting that is causing this (the results, however, were not my intent). Money 2006 does not appear to have such a setting. How can I stop this from happening now for securities that I will be selling? How can I recover the "lost data" How can I force Money 2006 to pic...

Auto Fill a Textbox in Form
What is the simplest way to auto fill a textbox (in a form) with the maximum values of more than one field in the last record entered, in the same table? Can the =DMax function be used for this? I have tried =DMax(“[field_1]”, “[field_2]”, “[field_3]” , “table_1”)+1, but this doesn’t work. Is something like this possible with two or more feilds with DMax? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com See MinOfList() and MaxOfList() here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-09.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allen...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

Calendaring agent failed in message delete notification
We have a user who previously synchronised his calendar with a psion and has many messages that had reminders on that he now can't delete using Outlook (gets error) but he keeps on being reminded that they are late. The psion has been thrown away so how can I delete these messages? Assuming we back up his calendar can we reinitialise it? Would a mailbox move help? Thanks David Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8200 Date: 29/11/2004 Time: 10:08:33 User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Calendaring agent failed in message delete notification with err...