Auto Complete #6

My friend's is using the Outlook 2000. And the problem is
he wanted to make the address automatic appear when he
wants to send new email. Since I'm using the Outlook
2002, I can't help him to make that auto complete in
outlook 2000. Please advise. Tq.
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2000 doesn't do auto-complete. It has a feature called
auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of
the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the
name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you
can right click on the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the
resolution for future use.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend's is using the Outlook 2000. And the problem is
> he wanted to make the address automatic appear when he
> wants to send new email. Since I'm using the Outlook
> 2002, I can't help him to make that auto complete in
> outlook 2000. Please advise. Tq.

0
russval (3097)

Converting ACT! 5.0 and 6.0 to Outlook
Trying to convert ACT! 5.0 and 6.0 contact data to Outlook 2000. I can get all of the text to convert to Outlook but it puts it all in the name field. How do I seperate the data? ...

Update Not Complete
I started a new file on 3.12.05. Just this past weekend, I was unable to update the file - I couldn't download new transactions or upload payments. I've repaired the file, turned off Norton then tried to update, etc. but still no luck. Is there a common solution to this problem? I'm using MS Money 2005, with XP Pro, 512MB Ram and Norton Internet Security 2005. The windows firewall is off. Thoughts? Version # 14.0.50.1105 "Confusted in TN" wrote: > I started a new file on 3.12.05. Just this past weekend, I was unable to > update the file - I couldn'...

Auto Hide Columns & Rows
How can I hide 1 or more columns based on a cells value For example, If there is an X in cell A1, column F will be hidden. If there is an X in cell A2, column F will be visible. If there is an X in cell A3, column G will be hidden. If there is an X in cell A4, column G will be visible. This could be triggered by a macro. I am using Autofilter for rows I am using Excel 97. Art Are the values in A1 and A2 mutually exclusive? That is to say, if A1 = x then A2 does not ever = x? Same question for A3 and A4. If they're not mutually exclusive and you run a macro then the macro will unhi...

Save not completed
I'm unable to save certain files on the network. The message will prompt "save not completed.file rename failed.retry ?" I have tried to create a new file same folder and I have no problem in saving the file. Hi Anthony, This is not actually an Excel problem, your solution will be outside of Excel and involve security administration for the server... Excel creates a temporary file, and when you save your file, the old file is renamed, the new file is renamed and saved and the old file is deleted (or something along those lines). http://google.com/groups?selm=eMnQt8%...

Outlook auto look up
Does any one know where out look stores the e-mail address that it saves when someone types in an e-mail address? Chris G The autocompletion cache is in a separate file with an NK2 extension. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Christopher Gay" <ChrisGay@RMTWoodworthcom> wrote in message news:eCjADL4ZFHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Does any one know where out look stores the e-mail address that it saves > when someone types in an e-mail address? > > Chris G > Works Great This was very ...

access 2007 auto import forms in a signed accdb
The new security handling of access 2007 is really suffocating. I had created a database to deploy among many users (+100). Because of ongoing development of the front-end, I had built in an auto update feature. Basically, the user opens his front-end. The first form (automatically opened) checks if version numbers match. If not the front-end imports all queries, forms and reports from a root file on a local server. Acces 2003: no problems with security: a pop-up warns the users that macro's are coming, he clicks yes and the first form opens and an auto update is triggered. Acces...

Inbox auto-deleted
I have Outlook 2003 which has the little pop-up shadowed window that shows up in the bottom right-hand corner when a message is received. It notifies you of the message and then gives you a chance to open it or delete it while working in other software on your computer. Yesterday, I deleted one of these email while I was working with Access and another software designed for our organization. My Outlook inbox was in the background behind what I was working on. When I deleted the email, my screen popped to a view of my inbox which showed that my email messages in my inbox were being...

passwords #6
I have Microsoft Money on my E-Machine and I have forgotten the password. Is there anyway to retrieve the password, or get past this screen? Thank you for your help See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=28. "margaret" <pnmkids@comcast.net> wrote in message news:506501c42c83$fedd2420$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money on my E-Machine and I have > forgotten the password. Is there anyway to retrieve the > password, or get past this screen? > Thank you for your help ...

Backing Up Outlook #6
I have to do a full recovery on my system and the last time I did this I lost all of the details contained within outlook i.e. contacts, all e-mails etc. Is there a way of backing up outlook without losing all of the details within it? ...

Virtual PC upgrade 5 to 6.1
I want to upgrade VPC to 6.1 but put it onto a new machine. Can this be done without going through the hassle of installing all the previous versions and upgrading them. TIA Rod Hi Rod, You can copy your virtual machine's file to your new computer. VPC 6 should have no trouble converting to its format (you won't be able to go back to 5 with it, though). I would make sure you have a good backup of your 5 virtual machine in any event, just in case. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://w...

Wrap Text #6
I just installed the SP2 for Office 2003 and now "wrapped" text does not appear in my cells. They are not merged cells. Prior to updating, the wrapped text automatically fit my text. Since updating, even if I manually resize the row the text does not appear until I double-click the cell. Once I leave the cell, the text disappears again? When I turn off "wrap text", the text reappears. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug? Is there a workaround? Thanks Mark. I've never noticed a problem with a specific version of excel. But in all versions, if the text ...

A problem in OE 6
My system C drive on my main machine failed the other day with a refusal to even have any OS recognized. So I replaced it, and restored an image from True Image from the recent past. Apparently there was some small corruptions in that image. And I have a strange situation in Outlook Express 6. All works well, except for when I click on FILE>IMPORT>MESSAGES to import some dbx files from the past, or another machine running OE6. I have these DBX files stored in a folder on my main machine, and the import has always worked very nicely. But now, when the import screen co...

GP Dynamics 6.0 install.
I'm trying to install GP Dynamics 6.0 on a new machine without benefit of the installation cd. We've got licenses but have lost the cd. Does anyone have any pointers on installing on a new machine from an existing working installation, or any ideas on where to find a cd, or at least download the install files from the cd? Thanks! You might be able to get a replacement CD from MBS (800-456-0025). If you can find a partner in your area, it is possible that the partner has a Dynamics 6 CD. "twbanks" <twbanks@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1106163360.507333.1355...

OE 6.0 to Outlook 2003
I have been using Outlook Express 6.0 as my default email program and I am thinking of making Outlook my email program but I would like to be able to export my email addresses and all my personal subfolders. to Outlook. I am looking for some advice on the best way to manage this transition. Thanks You must have both Outlook and Outlook Express installed on the same machine. In OE, go to "File|Export"; from here, you con export both messages and addresses to Outlook. You could also do this from Outlook using "File|Import and Export", however, OE's export func...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 #6
Is there anyway to get a 2003 Exchange out of AD and go back to just 5.5? Having issues with the setup of the servers and want to go back to no 2003. Is this possible without too many errors? Thank you. -- Jacquelyn Mitchell You can do this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273478 You can then restore your Exchange 5.5 server's informaton store and directory back to the pre-migration state. Now, if you want to get the data off the Exchange 2003 server and put it back on your Exchange 5.5 server, that could be hard depending on the state of your migration...

Using Query to send auto reminder e-mails?
We have customers that we need to remind on a six month basis that it's time to change their air filter. I was told that if we either imported an Excel spreadsheet with the contact info (i.e., name, e-mail address, reminder date, etc.) that a query could be performed in Access to find all those files and return them in a report. I then want to send everyone within that query an e-mail with a pre-designed template stating that it's time to replace their filter. I'm pretty new to Access so any help or directions would be great. ...

Web Query #6
I have this web site which shows the approval status of a number: http://www.mca.gov.in/DCAFODINPortal/dca/MyMCALogin.do?method=setDefaultProperty&mode=22 The sample numbers being checked include the following:- 00004549 00007241 00359036 I have the above numbers in an excel file.I would like to check the approval status of these numbers from excel itself. Can anybody help? : Swami Hi Turn on the macro recorder and do it all once manually, with the first number. Then inspect the code and see where the number figures in the code. After that, you can think of ways to automate the p...

Error Message in Outlook #6
I have been using Outlook 2003 for some time now and with no problems. I am now getting an error message when I try to send an email and the email will not go. The message I am getting is "Interface Not Registered". I tried a different antivirus software, the problem seems to have started from then. I have now deleted the new antivirus and gone back to my original one, but still get the same error message. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Peter <peter.stevenson5@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I have been using Outlook 2003 for some time now and with no > problems....

how to auto arrange in alphabetical order-excel sheet
how to auto arrange in alphabetical order-excel sheet after typing names in random? Let's say we are entering data in column A and we want to alphbetize the column as entries are made. Try the following macro: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If Range("A:A").Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub This goes in worksheet code: 1. right-c...

Junk Email Auto Delete Question
I right click on an email and put on the junk email sender's list. It just sits there. Is it supposed to automatically delete? Also, if that address comes in in the future, is is supposed to automatically delete? I have several email addresses that I have put in the list, but they show up in my InBox anyway. I don't want them simply colored with Organize. I want them to be deleted! Thank you. Office XP Pro. Do you have the junk mail rule configured to delete or to colorize the message? You need to configure it to delete... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach You...

sent items #6
I'm a new user to outlook 2003. Does anyone know how to change the folder where sent mail is stored to another folder. Is there a setting somewhere that can be changed? I'd like to change it to a folder on the web server rather than the default folder on my computer. Cheers Jennifer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm a new user to outlook 2003. Does anyone know how to > change the folder where sent mail is stored to another > folder. New mail will always be saved in Sent Items. Replies to messages in the Inbox will always be saved in Sent...

Outlook 2003 Calendar #6
Is there a way to have the Outlook 2003 calendar to give me a warning or signal on a day, without opening Outlook ? Thanks No Sorry! Bart "Orlando Gondar" <GELECTRONICS@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:u#kaehmlEHA.2588@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have the Outlook 2003 calendar to > give me a warning or signal on a day, without opening > Outlook ? > > Thanks > > ...

Outlook 2000 and Auto Filling the Send To Name
My CIO has Outlook 2002 and reported that when he fills out the "Send To" box, he gets the red line under the user name, instead of the name he last picked. We have several users setups with two e-mail addresses, Smith, Joe and Smith, Joe (Pager). Apaprently it used to defualt to which ever one he last used. Also, when he types SMI, it used to pull up the names beginning with SMI , like Smith, and it also no longer does that. I have not been able to locate any area that may control this. Any ideas? Thank you Mark Winning OK, I just found the settings location at tools - options ...

Distribution Lists #6
I've set the "allow only from Authenticated users" setting on the distribution lists on our Exchange 2003 server. (which co-exists with Exchange 5.5) Perhaps, I don't understand what authenticated user means, but if I send from a hotmail, or some other outside account to the distribution list, I am able to. Should this setting keep all external email users from sending to distribution lists on our internal network and only allow authenticated exchange users the ability to send to DLs? Our exchange server is behind an SMTP gateway, so all mail is routed by the gate...

Auto update of cell information
Hi, I have a question. I am creating a spreadsheet (A) where all the numbers inside will be updated weekly. These numbers will come from different other spreadsheets which would also be updated weekly. But the new data will be updated not in the same cell but in the subsequent cell, week after week. How can spreadsheet (A) read different/subsequent cell week after week? Is there a function I can use? Many thanks HM Hi HM, There is insufficient information as to your arrangement for someone to reliably answer your question. Do you know how to find the cells that are to be referenc...