Auto-Categorization?

Is it possible to automatically assign categories based on certain criteria
(like e.g. location)?

Reason: I find it a bit tedious (and often forget) to assign proper
categories. But since certain of these are redundant (e.g. with certain
appointments already the location could automatically imply the category) it
would be handy if OL could set the category automatically...

Michael

0
Michael

No... but you can use custom view to assign colors to items that are not
categorized. So, in the Day/Week/Month view, all appointments happening at
LocationA can be shown in Red and all appointments for LocationB can be
blue.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Michael Moser" <michael.nospam.moser@nospam.freesurf.ch> wrote in message
> Is it possible to automatically assign categories based on certain
> criteria (like e.g. location)?
>
> Reason: I find it a bit tedious (and often forget) to assign proper
> categories. But since certain of these are redundant (e.g. with certain
> appointments already the location could automatically imply the category)
> it would be handy if OL could set the category automatically...
>
> Michael

0
Diane

form auto refresh
Hi all, How can I have a form to refresh every 2 minutes? Thank. karim schrieb: > Hi all, > How can I have a form to refresh every 2 minutes? > > Thank. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h1c2h276.aspx -- Armin ...

Excel auto backup
it only happens in that excel 2007 file. when it is saved, it created a backup copy in the same directory. further saved, it overwrites the backup copy the backup copy come out even i disable the autosave function in option. i checked out that there is no vba or macro in that Excel. it should not be autosave function because it happens only in save action, not in time interval. grateful for any advice. thanks. tony Hi, I'm not sure what you are asking but you can turn off the auto backup option by choosing Office Button, Save As, open the Tools drop down and choose General ...

Auto nembering to Opportunity
Hi How can add a field to Opportunity Which be an Automatic Numer when ever The Opp is created I need it after i convert lead to an opportunity -- Thx, Omry I assume you want a unique id for each opportunity created? Best way would require code that would scan the opportunities in crm to get the last id then increase by one etc. This will require coding a callout using the CRM SDK ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Omry." <omry@medatech.com> wrote in message news:6A53CBBC-6E90-45DA-9F4F-0222471839B0@microso...

Auto Accept Agent
I've recently installed and configured the Auto Accept agent to perform automatic bookings of resources. I have switched over a Test Conference Room to use the Agent and to not use a delegated account to do the bookings. Although bookings are still taking place, there are no entries in the Event Log or a log file present in C:\Temp, which concerns me. In addition, I've added some of the Auto Agent counters to the Performance monitor, but they are standing at 0. Is the agent working? (It's been started, and I've checked to make sure that there is a COM object created). Ho...

Using the Median function with Auto-filter
How do I get median (=median(A1:A50000) to show a result for only filtered cells? When I autofilter on a different column and the number of visible cells is reduced by the filter, the median stays the same as the unfiltered list. Thanks! Mark, You could use a column of helper cells. In B1 enter =IF(SUBTOTAL(3,A1)=0,"",A1) and copy down to match column A. Then array enter the formula (enter using Ctrl-Shift-Enter) =MEDIAN(IF(B1:B50000<>"",B1:B50000)) Filtering column A will change the result of the SUBTOTAL functions, and thus the res...

Auto fill in
Ok... I have to edit this worksheet for shipping every day I have to put in an item #..which then relates to a SKU and shipping method... Is there any way I can get these to automatically pop up... For example Item 1 = (SKU) 099999 (desc)single (Shipping Method)UPS Ground All 4 are differetnt cells... so is there any way where I would just be able to type 1 in the item column and the rest would automatically pop up in the next 3 cells.... ...

Auto Email Signature
Hi there, How do you set up a global email signature to appear at the bottom of everyone's emails through Exchange.....not Web Outlook. If they have personal file set up in OUTLOOK for external email will that work for this too? cheers dunk There are a number of ways you can add a disclaimer to your outgoing messages, you can use the Microsoft Event Sink method as detailed in these KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 But you might find it easier to purchase a third-party product ...

auto fill weekdays only does not work
Type in the date in a cell 8/25/2004 then highlight it, click edit,fill,series,row,date, weekday and leave the step at 1 or even delete it either way click ok go back to cell little black cross at bottom right drag down and it fills with consecutive days not weekdays. Have tried every variation multiple times. Cleared the contents. Went to new sheet. Tried the little auto fill options box that apperars nothing works. Any suggestions. email me at Hamilton3576@bellsouth.net TX Try this: Type the date. Select the cell with the date and all the cells you want filled with a date. Then, go t...

A forward loop was detected by the categorizer.
All, I'm seeing the following errors in the Event Log of my Exchange 2003 SP2 server. *********************** Type: Error Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: NDR Event ID: 3020 A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.6 was generated for recipient rfc822;cstockley@frametech.com (Message-ID <8787346389.810755843932@zoders.com>). Cause: A forward loop was detected by the categorizer. This is a common hosting configuration problem caused when someone uses the provisioning tool to create a contact in one organization unit and creates a user in a different organization...

Categorizing Contacts
I’m an Outlook newbie. I’m in the process of switching to Outlook and I need some advice on how to best handle a couple of things on my Contacts list. I previously used two separate programs: one for email and another for name/address/phone. Each program had its own contact list. Despite the duplication I found that having two separate contact lists was useful because the way I categorize people for email is different from the way I categorize them for name/address/phone. Since Outlook 2007 has one master list of contacts I need some advice on how to best set things up so ...

Auto Adjusting Text Boxes?
Is there a way to have text boxes expand, if necessary, to account for large amounts of text? I'm thinking more length wise vs. width. Thanks, Jae Depending on what kind of textbox you have it may have a 'auto size' option. If you add one from the Drawing toolbar, double-click the object then the Alignment tab. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <A8CA6D05-D77D-4DAA-9777-872C131D16AA@microsoft.com>, Jae@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Is there a w...

Auto calculation on a userform
Hi all, I am using a userform where I have 5 columns of 15 textboxes in each row I want to have 2 things happen! I need textbox 16 to add the totals of textboxes 1 - 15 automatically as they are updated. also there is textbox 17 which counts the amount of textboxes used . On a worksheet I would use the "isblank" formula but I have no idea of what to use on a userform. If anyone can help me with some code to start on this I can can work out the rest of the columns. Thanks in advance Greg ...

auto archive settings...
Is there a better way to centrally manage all users archiving settings instead of setting it all individually in their Outlook 2002 client? i.e. using some sort of group policy or something?? I really need to lock this down a bit more because I have users adjusting their settings all the time (some turning it off completlely because they are too lazy to make that extra click over to their archive folders...). I want to be able to set the auto archive settings across the board and lock the users out of it period. We are running an SBS 2000 machine (using Excahnge 200 obviously) and all ...

Auto Scale x-axis
e.g. The excel worksheet got 3 columns Year Month (No. of cases happen in this month) 07 01 100 02 90 03 18 ... ... 12 88 08 01 99 02 120 and plot a chart with the month/year as x-axis, the no. of case as the Y-axis. How to auto scale x-axis if it contains data for 5 or even 10 years ? Thank you. Use a column to combine your first two columns to generate an x-axis containing both month and year, either as a real Excel date or as text. -- David Biddulph "Mykonos" <My...

Outlook 2002-auto organize function
I have my inbox divided into sub folders for each client, employee, etc I have. When I get an e-mail from them it automatically goes into their specific sub folder. You can have the sub folders collapsed or expanded. I have so many that I always keep them collapsed. So, since I have upgraded my computer when I get an e-mail, it goes into the proper box but does not expand that box. So, I have to expand and look through each box for the e-mail. Can anyone help? I had this happen before and someone fixed it for me! HELP! If I may suggest - an upgrade to Outlook 2003 will make you ve...

cannot protect sheet with auto filter
Hi, heres what I have xp home xp office suite. I am using a sheet for grocery list database with auto filter. the headers at the top are like "quantity", "Item", "catagory". Normally I can select cells that I want to enter data and unlock them. then protect the sheet. but...with an auto filter If I select the headers mentioned above and lock them, then select all other cells and unlock them. the auto filter pull down list's dont pull down cause the headers are locked. Im explaining this the best I can but I may be leaving something out. Anyone? Greg ...

setting auto send/receive on closing outlook
I am trying to find the setting to set this for all users on a terminal server. ive tried making a new mst file with the proper settings but it dosent seem to use the last pages from the CIW ,when starting outlook. tried to make an PRF file and added it but still the settings for preforming send/receive wont change. is there another way ? registry or some other tools that can be used any advice or tips is appreciated (ps sorry about the rusty english ) ...

M03 / Auto Reconcile / Auto Balance dilemma
I am frustrated and annoyed (once again) at a seemingly simple M03 feature that I cannot figure out how to use, can anyone help, please! - With M03 doing background banking (i.e., obtaining posted transactions to a checking account), and acepted transactions get marked as Reconciled, (Tools > Options > Online Services), it seems auto balancing is also 'in effect' (I can't see anyway to either turn auto balancing on or off). - If my account does not get 'balanced' by the auto balance feature, I get into the following dead-end dilemma when I get a monthly paper...

Excel 2002 Auto Number
I two spreadsheets 1. invoice 2. quote. There is a cell for the inv. # and quote #, is there a way to have these cells generate a unique # (based on adding one to the last time it was printed or used?). I was thinking abouting creating a spreadsheet for the cell to reference the sequence from, but i'm still not sure how to bring it all together. Anyone have any thoughts, solutions? I appreciate it. ...

auto insert text
I would like to insert one word and have it automatically insert a paragraph. How do I do that? When you create the AutoText, make sure that it includes a paragraph mark (�). If you are using Word 2007, note that AutoComplete is no longer supported for AutoText. Instead, make use of AutoCorrect. To create your AutoCorrect entry: Create an example paragraph with the contents and formatting that you want. Select the whole paragraph, including the paragraph mark. Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. Select ...

auto respond
is there anyway to auto respond to an email to tell that person i will be on vacation. Use the Out of Office Assistant under the Tools menu - if you are using Outlook via Exchange Server this feature has to be enable on Exchange >-----Original Message----- >is there anyway to auto respond to an email to tell that >person i will be on vacation. >. > ...

Auto-Archive Settings
We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Due to the nature of the business it is often necessary to refer to messages that were recieved 5 years (or more) ago. Users have depended on the auto-archive features of Outlook to do this in the past. Unfortunately, this appears to no longer be an option. When an archive is run (either manually or automatically) the best result that we have had is that all the folders are created in the achive and all the messages that should be archived end up in the deleted folder of the archive. I have one user that now has over 22,000 messsages i...

Auto Format Width
Is there a hot key function for Auto Format Width? Excel 2007 would be Alt, H, O, I cp402 wrote: > Is there a hot key function for Auto Format Width? hi no. but you can record a macro to do this and then assign it to a keyboard shortcut. Regards FSt1 "cp402" wrote: > Is there a hot key function for Auto Format Width? Im not familiar with macros... how would I do this? "FSt1" wrote: > hi > no. but you can record a macro to do this and then assign it to a keyboard > shortcut. > > Regards > FSt1 > > &q...

Problem with Auto-Numbering in MSCRM 4.0
Hi All, Auto-Numbering for Contracts Prefix -- value is user defined Number -- 1001 Suffix -- we can set a length in preview it shows that CNR-01001-XRTYN if i create a Contract its showing like this CNR-1001-XRTYN i want the middle value in (01001)5 digits, but its showing only (1001)4 digit, how can i make it to 5 digits as shown in preview... can any please help me This might not be a good solution. :) But can you have the middlg enumber starting in 10000? then you will have 5 digits for sure. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 4, 3:01=A0am, Kutty <...

Excel,Auto fit
How can I make a large text field display all the lines on my spreadsheet and when I print it. About 1024k of characters will print, otherwise you'd need to use a text box Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ancastle" wrote: > How can I make a large text field display all the lines on my spreadsheet and > when I print it. Oops! Not 1024k, about 1kb or 1024 characters Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > About 1024k of characters will print, otherwise you'd need to use a text box > > Regards, > > Peo Sjoblom > > "ancastle"...