auto archive check box unknown effect

When looking at my AutoArchive settings in Outlook 2003,
there is a check box under "During AutoArchive:" that
says "Archive or delete old items."  This doesn't make
sense -- what is the effect of this check box?  Does it
mean it deletes items in some folders and archives
others?

Thanks! Eric
0
wxrocks (2)

I originally setup an MST file that didn't allow users to change the Outlook
Cached More settings. I recently changed my mind about this, for Outlook
users on a slower WAN link.  The thing is, I have deployed Office 2003 via
GPO.  Redeploying doesn't fix this, nor does uninstalling/reinstalling.  The
only thing that works, is deleting the user profile on the machine. This is
not a good workaround, because it can be quite time consuming to recreate
the profile. and the OPS file from the "save my settings" wizard only
re-applies that setting that "Greys Out" the cached exchange mode setting. I
used the OPS file viewer, and saw this entry... But it seems you cannot
change it back from a text file to OPS. I also tried deleting/changing this
key in the registry, to no avail.

RegKey: 1, Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Cached Mode
RegValue(REG_DWORD): 1, Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Cached Mode,
Enable = 0x0

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

-Jason

0
j3391 (7)
8/13/2004 7:12:55 PM
I was able to sort of get around this by importing a new OPS file that
has cached mode enabled. But this is not a great fix, for it will not
retain the important Office settings such as templates that were in the
previous configuration.

please someone help!!!

-Jason

"Jason Lehrhoff" <J@JTECHservices.com> wrote in message
> I originally setup an MST file that didn't allow users to change the
Outlook
> Cached More settings. I recently changed my mind about this, for Outlook
> users on a slower WAN link.  The thing is, I have deployed Office 2003 via
> GPO.  Redeploying doesn't fix this, nor does uninstalling/reinstalling.
The
> only thing that works, is deleting the user profile on the machine. This
is
> not a good workaround, because it can be quite time consuming to recreate
> the profile. and the OPS file from the "save my settings" wizard only
> re-applies that setting that "Greys Out" the cached exchange mode setting.
> used the OPS file viewer, and saw this entry... But it seems you cannot
> change it back from a text file to OPS. I also tried deleting/changing
this
> key in the registry, to no avail.
>
> RegKey: 1, Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Cached Mode
> RegValue(REG_DWORD): 1, Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Cached
Mode,
> Enable = 0x0
>
> any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Jason

0
j3391 (7)

Clicking cells on sheet creates Text Box. How do I turn this off?
I have several sheets of a multi sheet workbook that seem to have Auto create on for Text Boxes. When I click on a cell, then try to click the lower right corner to drag the cell ad text box pops up in front of the cell and I cannot drag the cell since the cursor automatically jumps into the text box. This happens on 3 of 9 sheets in about half the columns. The sheets in question originally were clones of a sheet that did not have this problem and other clones don't have the problem. Can not figure out how to turn this off! Help! This sounds like a macro gone awry. If you clos...

Auto-complete an entry in drop-down list
In Excel 2003, I need to be able to auto-complete an entry in a drop-down list. I have set up a drop-down list that includes over 1000 entries. I would like to be able to type the first letter or two and get a list of available options from the list that includes those first few letters. If you created the dropdown list through Data Validation, it doesn't support autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete: http...

How do I auto-expanding SourceData range for charts
How do I auto-expand the SourceData range for charts when I add a new row to my data table. I have 49 charts that take 49 data tables. I'd like to be able to just add a new row to each table and have the charts automatically expand their SourceData ranges. Thanks. Vince - You can have your chart autoexpand when data are added. This is done for each series, not for the source data all at once, using dynamic defined names as the chart series data, as described in a couple examples and a lot of links on my web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html...

RE: Check this critical patch
--wjazkelemot Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mrrpurrxlet"; type="multipart/alternative" --mrrpurrxlet Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="iqgchsqcwvvpltf" --iqgchsqcwvvpltf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

Control Source for text box on a report
I have a table with only 2 fields. One is the name of Department and the other is the total number of positions in that department. On my report I have a label for every department. Next to that label I have a text box that counts every record on my report for each department. Next to that I want to add another text box that contains the corresponding number in the table for that department. How can I easily do this? Thank You, CEV I forgot to mention that I would also like to add yet another text box that adds the total of all the other text boxes that contain the total number of ...

Archiving whole mailbox to go back a version
I am currently using outlook 2003, I jhave archived my entire mailbox, and want to import it back inot outlook XP (2002) but when I try it tells me that I can't do it, has anybody tried this before and got a work around ? Steve cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > I am currently using outlook 2003, I jhave archived my > entire mailbox, and want to import it back inot outlook XP > (2002) but when I try it tells me that I can't do it, has > anybody tried this before and got a work around ? You can't directly. You have to export as a 2002 type pst. -- gordonA...

Combo Boxes #11
How do I get data depending on the selection I make in the combo box? eg. if my combo box includes Jan.Feb.Mar, and once I select Jan, the sheet for Jan is to be displayed, how do I do it. HELP please. How about a floating toolbar that can show you the names of worksheets to select: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40A584A3.DB381C74%40msn.com Christine wrote: > > How do I get data depending on the selection I make in the combo box? eg. if > my combo box includes Jan.Feb.Mar, and once I select Jan, the sheet for Jan > is to be displayed, how do I do it. HELP please. -- ...

Outlook 2003 not archiving properly
I have a user that is not able to archive his email to a local or network location. Outlook runs through the processs, but it only takes 15 seconds to complete the process and only creates a 256k .pst file. I have made sure that the folder properties are set to allow the folder to be archived. I have even gone to the lengths of uninstalling and reinstalling the office 2003 suite. Anyone run into this issue. Thanks. Try going to tools then options click on the others tab then click into the auto archive button there you can set the path to were ever you would like the pst file to ...

Effect on Daylight Savings on attributes of backup files
I use a portable drive to keep files synchronized between my home and office computers. The problem is that when Daylight Savings Time arrives the files on the portable drive get out of sync with the desktop computers by one hour. This doesn't necessarily cause a problem with my synchronization program, because the time difference apparently doesn't change the files' CRC numbers (if that's what they're called). I wouldn't have expected that, but it apparently seems to be so. Still, once Daylight Savings Time strikes, in the file attributes the creation and...

unknown cab file required
I just installed Project 2003 and immediately ran the update routine. Office Update tells me that it has SP1 for Project and some new junk mail filters for Outlook 2003. I tell it to download both patches. Download proceeds with no problem. Installation tells me that it cannot find a file called SKU111.CAB. I search all local hard disks - no file. I search the Project disk - no file. I search the Office 2003 disk - no file. I even searched the Publisher 2003 disk (which is not installed). I can account for an SKU13B and an SKU119, but no SKU111. I search all of Microsoft.com - nothing e...

Help! Auto formatting problems
I've created a file in Excel. My database is in Access. Whenever I change data in my worksheet, in Excel, it changes the column width of my A column. Do I need to deselect something? Why does this automatically change? Please help! I'm not sure how Access fits into this, but I've seen xl "help" with numeric entries--it'll expand the columnwidth to make sure you can see the digits. If you don't like this, one way to tell excel to stop it is to manually adjust the columnwidth. Excel won't "help" again until you autofit that column width. If...

EFT using ACH and auto settle
Our client is using EFT for receivables and payables and is setting up banking information for an ACH bank. The bank requires a summary record within the file traditionally setup as an "auto settle indicator". How is this record achieved? Surely someone has run into this before. The bank requires an auto settle line in the ACH file coming from EFT Payables or they will no accept the file. Essentially this is a summary line. There is a setting in payroll for the line but I have yet to find a similar setting in EFT-Payables. I sent an ACH payable test file to the bank and t...

How to check settings for Outlook 97
My Outlook is not working. The error message states, "Mapisp32 has caused an error in MINET32.DLL. Mapisp32 will now close." Secondly, whenever I attempt to check for "new mail" I get another error message, "messaging interface has returned to an error." Any help would be greatly appreciated. First thing to try would be to create a fresh profile here: Control Panel > Mail applet. Also, have you ever installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for OL97? "Alex O. Stone" <aistone@comcast.net> wrote in message news:005501c368bf$eaa638...

using combo boxes to sort
I need to make a spreadsheet for work with several fields. I have inserted combo boxes into certain columns (last name, first name) so that data can be easily found. The problem that I am running into is that when I choose let's say a last name, it separates from the rest of the data but the rest of the row (first name, date of birth, etc) stays in the original spot. How do I make it so that I can find data in one column but have all the information in that row move? I have also seen charts where when the requested data comes up the rest of the data "hides." If anyone know...

Large multi-select list box
We have large multi-select list box (8000 items). When we run the report in visual studio (database is on separate server) the select box loads very quickly and when we click view report it renderes quickly ( both wothin a few seconds). When we deployed the report to the reporting services server and attempt to execute the report the remotely we have performance issues. The initial loading of the combo box takes over a minute and then the rendering after the report is executed will take close to 2 minutes. The queries themselves run very quickly. Other reports without the l...

Access: Combo box switching btw multiple back ends?
Howdy. I was wondering if anyone knew a somewhat simple way to switch between back end databases using a combo box on a main startup form. I am working with Access 2002. Each user works from their own copy of the front end on their C: Drive. There are several back end databases (tables only). All of these reside on the server and each is for a different sector of my workplace . These DBs are essentially the same format, just with different data in them. The process of switching is simple enough to do manually: Tools-Database Utilities-Linked Table Manager-(select all) and then choose the ne...

Simple problem of combo box
Hi, I have access 2000 as front end for SQL server 2000. On the form I have a combo box which lists values from a table. The problem is I want to restrict user from entering only the values in the drop down box. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Strange dialogue boxes appearing
Running Office XP on XP with all updates. Outlook has started refusing to accept me moving an email from the Inbox to my chosen folder, 'Can't copy item, I don't have permission etc..' also dismissing a recurring Calendar event 'Cannot turn off reminder etc...' I have tried Detect and Repair which works for a little while and then starts again. Today it started and I terminated Outlook for 30 seconds, restarted and the problem has gone, temporarily. Am I missing a setting somewhere? It has only done this in the past few weeks, I'm wondering if a Registry Clea...

Adding text boxes on conditions problem
Hi Everyone, I am trying (unsuccessfully) to extract certain information from worksheet similar to that shown below. What I am trying to do is to look at a range - in this case D1 to D4 and if any of them match a string (99Admin or AdminSLA) to concatenat the results from the B column. EG If I am looking at the D Column for 99Admin the result needs to b displayed as "Office, Home". If I am looking at the D Column for AdminSLA the result needs to b displayed as "Location1, Location2". A B C D E 1 09:00 Office ...

Account Name auto-fill in
Hello, Is it possible to take information from 2 fields from the new account page and automatically fill in the 'Account Name' field on that same page? Thanks! Hi, Yes you can using JScript. Following is the code you may use to access a value of a field crmForm.all.SOME_STRING_FIELD_ID.DataValue; -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "crysztl" wrote: > Hello, > Is it possible to take information from 2 fields from the new account > page and automat...

How do I change the color of the timeline boxes in my Ghant chart
My ghant chart automatically boxes out my time line when I input my start and end dates for each activity. How can I change the color of the time line? I want to make different activitites different colors. What method are you usgint o create this Gantt chart? Have you customised a stacked bar chart yourself using suitably-calculated data? Have you used a template or some clever VBA code? Are you actually using Excel (and which version)? or some other tool (eg Visio) to do this? Tell us more and we can help you more! Adam On 11/03/2010 15:34, iswimfly100 wrote: > My gh...

matching Auto-number (primary key) to Record number
I recently created a db which begins the auto-number at 125. Unfortunately for my intention, the record number for 125 starts at number 1. Is there a way to begin the record number at 125 to match the auto-number? If so, please advise. Thanks ahead of time! -- NMP No, nor is there any reason to do so. Seriously, the value of the Autonumber field is totally meaningless. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "NMP" <NMP@discussions.MS.com> wrote in message news:92CA4F12-B130-4FBB-ACBF-B5DDBD508A5C@microsoft.com... >I re...

Auto Update will not install
I am trying to install auto update and it keeps erroring out with: The installer could not find Microsoft AutoUpdate, or you have clicked "cancel." plus some other stuff... I didn't click cancel so what gives? Thanks In article <1108703706.152514.110080@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, mwradke@hotmail.com wrote: > I am trying to install auto update and it keeps erroring out with: > > The installer could not find Microsoft AutoUpdate, or you have clicked > "cancel." plus some other stuff... > > I didn't click cancel so what gives? You ...

Check Styles
I currently use a check style that I cannot customize Money to print on neatly. Is there any way to customize the check styles Money prints to move the fields around to where I can use them? Not that any of us know about. "XianProf" <XianProf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000B1406-4159-4891-92AA-CD2AB56D84EB@microsoft.com... > I currently use a check style that I cannot customize Money to print on > neatly. Is there any way to customize the check styles Money prints to move > the fields around to where I can use them? ...

Which item was just 'checked' on my tree?
I have a CTreeCtrl populated with a flat list of checkable items. Certain items require a response when checked, so I am catching the event: ON_NOTIFY(NM_CLICK, IDC_TREE_RHS, OnNMClickTreeRhs) This gives my OnNMClickTreeRhs a NMHDR Structure. From the MSDN I can see that this structure contains: typedef struct tagNMHDR { HWND hwndFrom; UINT idFrom; UINT code; } NMHDR; hwndFrom Window handle to the control sending a message. idFrom Identifier of the control sending a message. code Notification code. This member can be a control-specific notification code or it can b...