authentication #2

I seem to keep getting a password and ID prompt in outlook for my HTTP
Hotmail account even though I am entering the correct password and ID
because i can get to this account over the internet. remember my password is
also checked in tools\account\properties etc.



0
5/6/2009 11:42:57 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

3 Replies
407 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19

Version of Outlook? Does it work if you log into the site in a browser?

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


"martin adams" <martinadams319@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:ePuOO$jzJHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I seem to keep getting a password and ID prompt in outlook for my HTTP
> Hotmail account even though I am entering the correct password and ID
> because i can get to this account over the internet. remember my password 
> is
> also checked in tools\account\properties etc.
>
>
> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/6/2009 1:24:52 PM
yes this works on the MSN site for HOTMAIL

Can you access this account through outlook and outlook express on more than 
1 PC. I have 2 pc's


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message 
news:esCQ83kzJHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Version of Outlook? Does it work if you log into the site in a browser?
>
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>
>
> "martin adams" <martinadams319@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:ePuOO$jzJHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> I seem to keep getting a password and ID prompt in outlook for my HTTP
>> Hotmail account even though I am entering the correct password and ID
>> because i can get to this account over the internet. remember my password 
>> is
>> also checked in tools\account\properties etc.
>>
>>
>> 


0
5/6/2009 7:58:57 PM
Yes. If you have one mail client logged in, it might kick the other one off 
(I'm not sure it does).

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


"Martin Adams" <martinadams319@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:umagaUozJHA.5528@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> yes this works on the MSN site for HOTMAIL
>
> Can you access this account through outlook and outlook express on more 
> than 1 PC. I have 2 pc's
>
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message 
> news:esCQ83kzJHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Version of Outlook? Does it work if you log into the site in a browser?
>>
>> -- 
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point 
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>
>>
>> "martin adams" <martinadams319@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message 
>> news:ePuOO$jzJHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> I seem to keep getting a password and ID prompt in outlook for my HTTP
>>> Hotmail account even though I am entering the correct password and ID
>>> because i can get to this account over the internet. remember my 
>>> password is
>>> also checked in tools\account\properties etc.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/6/2009 11:51:20 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook OLE Registration Error #2
When I open OUtlooko, I get the following error message, followed by an Outlook shutdown when clicking Yes: An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program. I have tried a number of recommended fixes, none seem to work. Can someone provide some help? Additonal details: Win98SE, Outlook 2000 Thanks ...

money plus activation #2
I just downloaded money plus. When I try to activate it will not take the last digit of each activation box. What can I do? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >I just downloaded money plus. When I try to activate it will not take the >last digit of each activation box. What can I do? Thanks This is a problem if you have Windows set to use "Large Fonts" (has their font display size set to some larger DPI setting) Workarounds (either one should resolve it): o Temporarily change back to Windows' "default" font size o Copy the entire key ...

Vlookup, Index or Match
I posted this yesterday ... could not see ... so reposting it again Hello All, I am using Office 2003 and have the following problem: Sheet PROD (figures for example purpose only- it can be numeric or alpha numeric) Col B Col H 1 Mar-07 123 2 xx xx 3 xx xx 4 Mar-07 345 5 xx 6 Mar-07 678 7 Apr-07 910 8 xx xx 9 Apr-07 122 .... .... .... Below there are other months also...Col B will go down for a complete year. i.e. probably 500 Rows down. I have a Sheet name REPORTS where I wish to have the information from Sheet PROD when I input the Month ...

The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 2. -- using LoadXML
I've discovered I need to use LoadXML instead of Load for an xml string versus an xml file. HOWEVER, I get the above message when .net goes to load the string. The string comes from an xmlDoc.OuterXML save resulting in: <?xml version="1.0"?> <WorkFlow> etc., etc. So, when I save this xmlDoc.outerxml to a database field, do I need to remove that first? If so, wouldn't it not work when I then load the string as xml again? Also, I can't figure out how to delete that particular node... Any clues appreciated...as always. Thanks, Kathy It works for me: s...

Upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0 #2
I am upgrading from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0. I received the following: Ugrade fail. HR_Inquiry HR_Tests Payroll Benefit Master UPR00600 Payroll Benefit Setup UPR40800 Payroll Master - Archvie UPR_MSTR Payroll Work Benefit UPR10205 How can I fixed these errors and continue my upgrade -- tk ...

Useless identity database? #2
Hi, my "Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office X Identities/Main Identity/Database" has 300KB, the Office 2008 one 22MB. And I didn't even install Entourage! Can that file go in the trash? -- Tobias Weber ...

Selective Link to Picture #2
I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a cell. This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light. Any help? Insert|Hyperlink and point to your picture file or use the worksheet =hyperlink() worksheet function: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my pictures/myfolder/somepict.jpg") I think if you use the =hyperlink() worksheet function, your workbook will be "lighter". mloffler@simmax.com wrote: > > I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a > cell. > This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light. > > Any he...

Communication between views #2
Hi, I know this is a fairly common topic, but I need some direction because I keep looking at doing something, then realising its wrong and going back to stage 1. In my testing app, im looking to have 2 documents with their views and on one view have a 'go' button telling something in the other view to go. What would be the most advantagous way of implementing this? Thanks, Phil Winder > Hi, I know this is a fairly common topic, but I need some direction > because I keep looking at doing something, then realising its wrong and > going back to stage 1. > In my testing ap...

Can I view an excell document without excell (not installed wit. #2
can I view an excell document without excell as it is not supplied with the XP home addition. ???????? Good evening You certainly can. Go here : http://tinyurl.com/5az9k for Excel Viewer 2003. HTH -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346054 ...

Sales by time? #2
When I Z out my register I get a breakdown of sales by hour. Is it possible to run a report that shows the same thing over time? I'd like an easy way to figure out my busiest hours... hi Molly, you are talking out of the box, such thing may not accomplish by the receipt template because it provide hourly facility. But with active report or crystal report you can do so. Akber "Molly" wrote: > When I Z out my register I get a breakdown of sales by hour. Is it possible > to run a report that shows the same thing over time? I'd like an easy way to > figure ...

template problem #2
I have got a problem about template class. I have wrote a template class like the following. template <typename T> class CShuffle { public: CShuffle(); .... } template <typename T> CShuffle<T>::CShuffle() { .... } class CShuffleItem { ... }; CShuffle<CShuffleItem> m_Shuffle; When I declare this class, and call its member functions, linker error occurs like this: MyWARCallback.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CShuffle<class CShuffleItem>::CShuffle<class CShuffleItem>(void)" (??0?$CShuffle@VCShuffleItem@@...

BP 2.5
Hi, I am getting the following message when I tried to install BP 2.5 on GP 8.0. Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data. Please help Regards, Ani Hi Ani; I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to put Business Portal on a development server for testing and demo before i tie into our live GP server. Does anyone have any insight on this? I only found one other post online at Experts-exchange, but like this one it was unanswered. Any help would be appreciated. Ani, I think this has something to do with the way the data was copied. Are you insta...

serialization question #2
Hello, I have such question. I want to create SDI application to work with matix. I have a data that stored in the file in the form of the matrix: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 or something like this one. The nambers of colonms and rows may vary. How can I read this file (serialize) and store each number in CArray for example? Thank you very much in advance Igor igor tarasov wrote: > Hello, > I have such question. I want to create SDI application to work with matix. I > have a data that stored in the file in the form of the matrix: > 1 2 3 4 > 5 6 7 8 > 9 0 1 2 > or someth...

how do i plot a graph that has more than 2 axis
I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis on the same graph What are you trying to graph that would require two of each axis? "UK ENGINEERING" wrote: > I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis > on the same graph Doesn't matter what he's plotting. Here's how to get all axes you're entitled to. Usually when you tell Excel to plot a series on the secondary axis, all it does is add a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X axis, choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes t...

Outlook Contacts list #2
When sending a new message and clicking on the "To" button, my contacts list opens, but there is nothing there anymore??? How do I fix this? That would depend on your Outlook version and what you did to break it just before "anymore." You haven't told us anything that would permit an answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:410099D7-22BD-40EC-8AC3-FAB3C4064CD4@microsoft.com... > When sending a new message and clicking on the "To" button, my contacts > list > opens, b...

How do I match 2 items in excel to return a unique value?
For example, how do I match product codes and warehouses to return an unique price? It is a lot easier to answer a question like that if the rows and columnns data is provided. After all, nobody on this side of the server can see your worksheet. "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF1EE951-D4F8-48AA-8040-4305FD948EB5@microsoft.com... > For example, how do I match product codes and warehouses to return an > unique > price? You are way to vague with your post. We need more details of what you are trying to ac...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$ #2
THIS REALLY WORKS IF YOU FOLLOW THROUGH!!! MAKE MONEY!!! MAKE MONEY!!! MAKE THOUSANDS OF "$$$" !!! I found this "NETWORKING PROJECT" on a bulletin board and decided to try it: All I say is, it "WORKS". By the end of the second week I had made more than $1000.00!!! All it takes is a small INVESTMENT of your "TIME" AND "less than $10.00"! INTERESTED??? E-mail: "spotty3443@yahoo.com" for DETAILS. ...

Make a formula
I will try it thanks Steve -- Steven E ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steven E.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26758 ...

How can I count the number of months between 2 dates?
For instance, I am trying to compute how many months are left in leased equipment contracts. I have a spreadsheet with the ending dates for all the individual contracts. What I would like to be able to do is to calculate the number of months between now and the end of the contract. I appreciate any help. Thanks Tom One way: =DATEDIF(TODAY(), A1, "m") In article <DCBFA6A3-A4D6-4AAB-ABFE-5C4659CECED9@microsoft.com>, Tom Bradstreet <TomBradstreet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For instance, I am trying to compute how many months are left in leased &...

ISP authentication, http auto logon
Hi everyone, cheers! Our only available ISP requires http authentication on a regular basis, with the following URL having to be opened locally to allow all traffic (imagine how convenient for RDP sessions...) http://200.171.222.97:86/speedywebapp/servlet/logon?opcion=internet&CPURL=&username=$USERNAME&password=$PASSWORD (of course replacing $USERNAME and $PASSWORD by the real ones) Since this task will run on a regular basis on a server it should be something very light, as a vbs. Is this possible? thanks :) ...

Item Picture #2
I have a client who has received pictures from different suppliers and as such they are all in different formats (jpg, bmp, gif) different sizes (ranging from 25kb to 600kb) and with different dimensions (from 120x80 to 1200x3500). I am trying to get them all displayed within the Special tab and have them properly formatted so that appear centered within the frame without the need for scrolling. Is this possible or do I need a third party app to accomplish this? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Page MSc. Hi Riki, If you are interested we can offer a 3rd party custom solution for ...

HTML Signature #2
I've created an HTML signature for my e-mail, which contains a small graphic and 5 lines of text. When I change the options to insert the signature, the graphic is not displayed. All I get is a big red 'X'. Also, when I send my e-mails, the spell checker picks up a line of text that is in the signature, which appears in a marquee. I don't really want to add it to my dictionary, but similarly, I don't want to have to ignore it everytime I send an e-mail. Anyone any ideas? KiltedScot version of outlook? Are you using word or outlook editor? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - ...

how do I print grid lines for blank rows #2
I'm trying to create a log-in sheet with titles in the top row and then blank rows the rest of the page which can be manually filled in. I cannot figure out how to print the grid lines for the blank rows. Thanks for any suggestions. Go to cell A53 (or so). Hit the spacebar once. This is enough to make Excel think that the worksheet ends at row 53. It will now print down to row 53. Make sure you have 'Gridlines' checked in the Print Setup. HTH, Gary Brown "gailrolfe" wrote: > I'm trying to create a log-in sheet with titles in the top row and then blan...

Money Plus Home & Business #2
Looking for Money in all stores in my area. Clerks are telling me that Microsoft reps came and took them off the shelves...are we about to get a new version that I can't find out about? Or did I just miss the email? In microsoft.public.money, ftwcowboy wrote: >Looking for Money in all stores in my area. Clerks are telling me that >Microsoft reps came and took them off the shelves...are we about to get a new >version that I can't find out about? Or did I just miss the email? They have gone to online purchase without annual releases. http://www.microsoft.com/money/Pro...

defrag #2
Exchange 5.5, sp4: I have a co-worker who claims that the Exchange 5.5 priv.edb should be OFFLINE defragged and repaired every 3 months. I disagree with that and wondered what the newsgroups thoughts and comments would be. Is this necessary? and don't you have to have 2 times the disk space of the db? Ours is currently at 59 gig. Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com I don't believe it is something you have to do. If you are running out of disk space then this is likely to reduce the space used by the database. Exchange reuses the "white space" so extra growth will cont...