Authenticating addresses for sending emails

I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop
recently.  Now, quite often I am getting an error message
when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You
must first authenticate this email address".

Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks,

Ken
0
anonymous (74722)

I have Office 2003 and I saw this once in my copy, I found it all I had to
do was to add the person to my address book as it was part of the built in
Spam filters.

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop
> recently.  Now, quite often I am getting an error message
> when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You
> must first authenticate this email address".
>
> Does anyone know how this is done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

0
Tedd

can't download pop3 email
This is my error message Task Receiving reported error 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do I fix this? What did your ISP say? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, M Pond <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | This is my error mes...

send from address
Hi all, is there any way to automatically change the from email address for all messages that go through a certain smtp connector? I want all messages going through that connector to look like they were sent from one specific mailbox / person. We need to make sure all replies end up in the same place. Thanks Rogier. Not in exchange natively. Typical solutions to this are implementing a "smart host" to re-write the headers, and routing all outbound through that host. Sendmail can do this, and there are other products out there for the Windows platform that can do this, ie...

Off Line Address Book
After upgrading Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, my remote users are not able to Download the Off Line Address Book. The error that is received by the remote user is [Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" Reported Error (0x8004010F): 'The Operation Failed. An Object Could not be Found.'] Thank you for your support. Debi I have the same problem but have not yet taken care of it. ...made som research and found that others with the same problem have tried to reset site folders. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273364 http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Printing an address in letter
I am trying to print a confirmation letter with an address in the body of the report. The address may or may not have an Address2 line. How can I eliminate the space if the Address2 line is blank? Also, can I use an "IF" to edit the printing of zero values? Thanks, tomc Depends on what you mean about the address being in the body of the report. If there is no label with the address or any text around it then use Properties to set click on the text box (es) in Design view and set Can Grow and Can Shrink to yes. Do the same for the Section that contains the address by clicking ...

WHY CAN'T I SEND MY E-MAILS? THEY WIND UP UNSENT IN OUTBOX.
Why can't I send my e-mails? The wind up unsent in outlook. Version? do they change when you look in the outbox? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "PatA" <PatA@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Anyway To Always bcc same email address automatically
Is there anyway to set up a rule or something so that everytime I send an email it is bcc'd to a specific email address? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services rick@rbdata.com Do not know if this works in 2003 but here is a link to some code that will do this for 2000: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick Bellefond asked: ...

Some users not listed in Global Address Book ???
Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:12:01 -0700, Mahmoud Metwally Ali <Mahmoud Metwally Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not >listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. >What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? Are you talking about user...

Duplicated Email
Exchange 2003; when an email is sent to the Exchange domain from a remote email address and more than 1 address is placed in the to: or cc: field, then when the email is received everyone receives 1 copy per addresse, in other words exchange is reading the resend as well as the to: and cc Is this a bug within exchange 2003, is there a way of configuring exchange to not look at the resend in the header. Using some kind of POP3 "connector"? Richard Schofield wrote: > Exchange 2003; when an email is sent to the Exchange domain from a remote email address and more than 1 addres...

Need to print all address lines on a 1099 form
In Great Plains Version 10, on the vendor card, under the address button, you are able to enter 3 lines of address information. However, when printing 1099's, only the first 2 lines of address information will print on the form. Since we utilize all 3 address lines, we had many 1099 forms returned as undeliverable this past year. According to our partner, Microsoft indicated that, currently, there is no way to print the third line of information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Missing Email Attachments
Hi all, please help! We have been sent emails from a partner company which are missing attachments. Upon investigation they have been sending emails composed in rich text format. KB 138053 provided this... "When an end user sends mail to the Internet from an Exchange Windows or Outlook client, a file attachment called Winmail.dat may be automatically added to the end of the message if the recipient's client cannot receive messages in Rich Text Format (RTF). The Winmail.dat file contains Exchange Server RTF information for the message, and may appear to the recipient as a bina...

Emailing Question from my DB
Presently I have a this code to email my Report when I close it, Is there any way that I can code my Batch Report to email remembering each report may have a different email address?? Below Is my Print Batch Invoice & My emailing code for single Report ------------------------------------------- Case "PrintInvoiceBatch" If IsNull(tbDateFrom.value) Or tbDateFrom.value = "" Or IsNull(tbDateTo.value) Or tbDateTo.value = "" Then MsgBox "Please Enter the Begining Date and End Date.", vbApplicationModal + vbInform...

Workflow generated email for reassignment of Opportunity
We have a CSR that inputs Opportunities in to CRM and then assigns them to the appropriate Salesperson based on Account Ownership. I tried creating a workflow process that automatically sends an email to the Account Owner that an Opportunity has been assigned to them. Unfortunately the recipient box is grayed out and by default the email is sent to the Account. Is there a workflow process in place that can handle my intentions? Actually, you can send email to designated recipients with Workfow, you just can't use a template. For some reason, it was setup this way. You could code a ...

"To: contains a phrase" filter does not work for outgoing emails
I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work for emails sent from my outlook. How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: field? O. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an > email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work > for emails sent from my outlook. > How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: > field? Use the "wit...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

Scheduling Outgoing Emails?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I've seen this question asked before but it hasn't been answered. Is there a way to schedule outgoing messages in Entourage so that you can write a series of emails, schedule them, and have them run on their own? <br><br>Thanks. On 5/16/10 10:41 AM, in article 59bb88f7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "johanna@officeformac.com" <johanna@officeformac.com> wrote: > Is there a way to schedule outgoing messages in Entourage so that you can > write a se...

Urgent Send email problem!!!
OK Techies; this is a baffler! Neither Netscape-7.1 nor Outlook-2000 send emails from my desktop. I can receive from any email client but can't send from the client. I can send form my ISP's Webserver, but not from my desktop client. I'm using Verizon DSL. Everything else (HW / SW) on the PC works fine; P-3 1 GHz. w/512 Mb. RAM - 80 Gb HD; running Win2k-Pro SP4. It seems as though port 25 (SMTP) is blocked somehow. I tried another DSL modem; no change.It's obviously not the modem, or is it the email client-app (I've used several). I've tried sending with and...

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

Convert activity (email, letter, etc) to case bug?
When converting any activity to a case in CRM 4.0, using the default Convert To Case button, I noticed the case's picklist caseorigincode not being set properly. This picklist holds values matching the activity types, such as email and letter. Is there a way to set this using relationships, workflow or whatever? I did notice that my picklist values are all above 200.000, and I cannot set them to something like 1,2,3. Perhaps these old values are registrered for such a mapping. Unfortunately, they were deleted some time ago and reset again. Anyone? -- CRM consultant ...

Tracking an email when sent directly from Excel
I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. However I can never find any record of this in Outlook, or anywhere else. Is there a way so this gets recorded in Outlook, or can you tell me where I can find some record of the email and its contents. Thank you, On May 18, 7:23=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) > when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. =A0However I can never find any > record of this in Outloo...

Can I Invite a Public Calendar on an Email?
I would like to be able to add an appointment to my personal calendar and invite the public calendar too to get that appointment into the public calendar. I have read that this is possible because all public folders have an email address, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Thanks! right click on the pf calendar and choose properties - there is an option to add the calendar to your address book. you can also guess at the address - many times the folder name is the email alias - if its longer than 8 characters, try the first 8. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

External Users and Global Address List
I stumbled across this a while ago but now can not find the setting again. I have an Exchange server and am accepting mail for multiple domains. A lot of these domains accept mail and then forward it off to external email accounts. When I create new "external users" in the Active Directory Users and Computers, they show up in my Global Address List. I really don't want this to happen. I know it is possible to not have this happen because as I said at the top, I stumbled onto a setting that turned this off. I did this for a bunch of accounts at the time I found the set...

Software for offline storage of email
Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows of any third-party products (such as EAS) which allows the offline storage of exchange data. Specifically 5.5 We are nearing our 16 Gb limit and want to avoid purchasing the enterprise version of exchange. any info would be appreciated. I believe Veritas has a product for this application. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023601c3c514$89d8cb10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just wondering if anyone knows of any thi...

Has email been read
is there a way to tell if an email has been read w/o using the return receipt option or recalling the message? thanks No. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0fe101c3be6c$8f470ed0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to tell if an email has been read w/o using > the return receipt option or recalling the message? > > thanks ...