Attachments with Outlook

I receive many emails with large attachments and outlook
seems to copy the attachments down twice which causes long
delays.
When I first select an email with an attachment I have to
wait while Outlook downloads the attachment, then when I
want to see the attachment I have to wait while it is
downloaded again.
Is there any way of preventing this dual download?
I have the fastest network connection available in my
location.
Thanks
Brian
0
brian2 (1)

How do i set up outlook 7 with sky broadband?
I have been through the set up process hundreds of times and run up a huge phone bill with sky trying to set up my outlook since we changed from orange to sky as our ISP. I have gone through the help pages and gone onto sky eforum but it still doesnt work. Any help would be great. Cheers. Susie Which settings did you use? What exactly isn't working? Which error messages are being returned to you? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently pr...

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

Microsoft Office outlook connector fails to load
Hi, I recently had to refresh my PC but was able to backup and restore my profile data (including emails etc.) using our a backup/restore utility (that comes bundled on our corporate PCs based on windows XP professional). I am using Outlook 2007 and when I launched outlook I would get error msgs regarding some missing third party Add-ins that I hadn't installed yet. The most important/useful add-in for me was the MS Office Outlook connector to allow me to connect to my Hotmail account. So I started by installing the connector but restarting Outlook did not bring up the Outlook Connector m...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

Most Stable Outlook version for CRM 1.2
I've had numerous pains with Office 2003 with the CRM toolbars missing and none of the articles I've found have sorted out the problem...registering dlls...updating office versions...critical updates...etc etc. Perhaps by reviewing the responses to this topic, we could find out who has had the most joy from which version of the outlook for CRM SFO. The SFO's 'buggy' perceptions may be solved by stipulating a 'recommended Office version' in favour of stability, rather than functionality/performance... So, is it: Office 2000 (Version 9) Office XP (Version ...

Outlook Notes #4
How do you change the look of Notes from full-screen to a smaller size. There are no drag handles or "top right hand corner" options. Sounds like you dragged it too big or maximized it. Can you double-click the blue bar at the top? <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170d701c420ee$0960a350$a001280a@...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

Outlook attachments #9
Can you seach for any powerpoint attachments in an outlook folder? Hit Ctrl+Shift+F to bring up the advanced find form. Then search by "ppt" in "frequently-used text fields." That will search all fields for the term "ppt" which should find all the files that have a .ppt extention. I just tried it, and it seemed to work on mine. --Colin Jensen ...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Outlook vs. Netscape
Hello all, Maybe someone can help me. I'm encoutering a weird bug and I'd like to get to the bottom of it and fix it. I have a system using Windows XP Pro as an OS. I have the Office 2002 suite and for my mail service I use OUTLOOK (not xpress). I had the McAfee 2003 anti-virus installed which I removed for technical reasons (annoying tests) and the compuetr was sacnned free from viruses..... I have an account set up in OUTLOOK, my outgoing and incoming servers are exactly what they are supposed to be, I can receive all mail but for some odd reason I'm unable to send anything fr...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

outlook inbox refresh issue
Has anyone come acrosos an issue in MS Outlook 2000 where an incoming data packet processes but isn't deleted? There seems to be a refresh issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can you give a little more detail? Did you press the delete key and the message remained in the inbox? Or do you have a rule processing that should have deleted the message? Or...? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Johnny Jackman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02d301c39ffa$66c91380$a401280a@phx.gbl... Has anyone come acrosos an issue in MS Outlook 2000 where...

Setting up my Outlook at home
How do I set up my Outlook 2003 to work from home, but leave the messages on the server (as I do at the office)? I right-click Outlook and choose Email accounts. I choose Microsoft Exchange Server. I put in our server and my user name. I also uncheck "Use Cached Exchange Mode", which is what I assumed was what would move the data to my machine (which I don't want). When I say click next, I get the Message: "Mail from this Microsoft Exchange Server account will be delivered to the existing Personal Folder on your local computer. If you wish to keep your mail on your server...

Outlook Express #60
I don't even know if this is the correct newsgroup to post, but I can't find any group under the name Outlook Express, so I'm trying my luck here. I'm due to upgrade to a new computer, and I'm wondering if I have to save my old mails into diskette or CD. I certainly don't want to lose all my old mails collected in Outlook Express. The big problem is - I'm not able to find anything in Outlook Express that looks like the data files for my old mails. So what do people do when they want to keep their old mails in the course of changing their computer? "p...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

Print from Outlook to Avery Rolodex Cards
I am unable to find any way to print my Outlook contacts list on Avery Small Rotary Cards #8385. Please advise. And thanks much. S ...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...