Attachments, stripped from e-mail

A friend sent me a DVD driver in an .exe file, but Outlook blocked access to
it.
He's running XP PRO and Outlook 2002, as am I. Is there any way we can make
a usuable file attachment?

0
Steppenwolf

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for steps on how to
configure and acquire the blocked attachment.

"Steppenwolf" <aspenbus"@"bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>A friend sent me a DVD driver in an .exe file, but Outlook blocked access
>to it.
> He's running XP PRO and Outlook 2002, as am I. Is there any way we can
> make a usuable file attachment?

0
neo7948 (622)
10/14/2004 11:50:12 AM
Thanks for the great advice; I downloaded TweakOL and should now be on the
road to recovery - will know when he resends the file.

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

0
Steppenwolf
10/14/2004 12:30:13 PM
Why is he resending it? As long as you didn't delete the message, the file
should be accessible.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Thanks for the great advice; I downloaded TweakOL and should now be on the
> road to recovery - will know when he resends the file.
>

> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

0
dianenws (1904)
10/14/2004 1:43:48 PM
Hmmm, thanks!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> Why is he resending it? As long as you didn't delete the message, the file
> should be accessible.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Steppenwolf" <aspenbus"@"bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the great advice; I downloaded TweakOL and should now be on
>> the road to recovery - will know when he resends the file.
>>

>> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

0
Steppenwolf

OL2003 & Inbox w/ MSN Mail
Currently my OL2003 Inbox doesn't retrieve any email at all. When I attempted to associate an email service with the Inbox (my MSN mail), it created an entirely new set of personal folders (this group was called MSN), with a separate MSN Inbox, which DOES collect email. The problem is that several pieces of software, including ActiveSync, look ONLY to the original Inbox under Personal Folders. How can I get the "original" Inbox to collect mail again? Thanks, Brian ...

Attachments in parts
Hi I've just "upgraded" to Outlook 2000 at work, I was using OE6 without any problems. When I was sent attachments in parts (say 3 x 216kb) OE would automatically join them up so that they could be run or read or whatever. Now with Outlook the parts are not joined up and my apps can't use them. Is there a way of making Outlook join these parts so that they can be used? TIA -- Dragonet I had a similar problem using OE6 and the helpline sorted me out so may work for you. Open "Outlook" and click on TOOLS/ACCOUNTS/MAIL/ADVANCED. Set the following - Outgoing...

Freeware mail server needed
Hello, Can anybody recommend a free/open source or low cost SMTP server that will work for internal or intranet email using MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express ? I would like one that will run on Windows 98 and is easy to configure. Our other clients on the network are WinXP or XP Pro. I am trying one called free SMTP server. However it asks for a DNS Server. I do not know what to put in for this. It is autodecting our DSL router's internal/LAN IP address. Is this normal? Mike Not an Outlook issue - suggest you use your favorite search engine to = locate free SMTP servers and start your...

Outlook 2003: Unable to Launch attached VCards (.vcf files)
I have a problem using Outlook 2003. Somehow I've disassociated VCards from whatever program it uses to open/view them. I tried reassociating the .vcf with just outlook, but that did not work properly. When I do this, and attempt to launch the attached .vcf file, it only opens another email message with another VCard attached, instead of showing me the contents of it. Can someone help me with associating .vcf files properly so I can open them again like I used to be able to ? I have already tried repairing/reinstalling Outlook in at least 5 different ways. No change has occure...

Problem with mail flow
Hi, I am running 4 exchange 2003 mail servers, one of them being a front end and the other 3 back-ends. Recently i had a problem with one of the back end servers, where no mail was moveing out of anyones outbox into the queue for delievery so i did a /disasterrecovery on it. After i did this it worked fine for abt 2 days, now i have a huge mail delievery problem. I have no mail flow out of that server but i have mail flow into that server. All the mail going out just sits in the queue between the front end and itself. Even mail for local delievery is not being delivered. Please can...

dropped recipients in e.mails
Hi, Exch 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a Recently, e.mails that are sent to multiple recipients will not reach 2 or more of the internal users on the distribution list for e.mails from external parties. Per someone's suggestion, message tracking was enabled. Before the logs are posted here in an ugly haphazard fashion, here's some background. The "cn=johnyoo1124" is there because it's a custom recipient created for a one-time mass e.mail sent to clients. That cn= is the user who sent the e.mail. I forgot to delete the custom recipients after the mass e.mail was sent on Monday...

The body of my e-mails disappears
I have recently upgraded to Office 2003 pro. Fairly often after I compose e-mails and send them I find from the receipients that the body of the e-mail was blank. When I try the online update features it tries to have me download a service pack for Office 2000. Help Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Steve Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3d63c$91429eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Attachment size default setup restrictions
I would like to setup a global default for the attachments size in our server. I am not able to send a file that has a size of 6 MB and I would like to know If the MS Exchange 2003 server is installed with a limit restrictions by default. Please advise how to check this information. Thank you in advance for your help. the default limit is 10 Megs to change, goto Global Settings/Message Delivery and select the Defaults tab or did you want to set sizerestrictions to/from internet? /LasseP "nangel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8b9601c432...

quoting selected text in e-mail reply
I have Outlook for Office XP, and I would like to be able to reply to e-mails by quoting selected areas of text from the original message. I can "quote" the entire message and delete certain parts, but I have not been able to select a certain part of the text and reply with just that part quoted. Thanks ...

Removing mail recived confirmation message
how to remove a recived mail confirmation message to outside incoming e-mail ...

folder access by mail-enabled user
We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site mailbox at their home site. How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of a local user? They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill down to the user... HankC The user will have to log into that mailbox separately. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message news:d739ad46-fa2e-43dc-a4b1-04006badddd9@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >...

Office Programs "hang up" on Send Attachment
I am using Office 2007. When I attempt to send an open document from Excel or Word using the Email icon in my small toolbar, the originating program and Outlook "hang up" for about a minute and a half. The document being emailed is saved on a network. Any ideas of what could be causing this issue? might try to see if it hangs via safe mode /w networking. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner ...

Error sending messages on Windows Mail
Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account. Error message is as follows -- Unknown error has occurred - Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net Protocol: SMTP" Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised Port: 587 Secure (SSL): Yes Server Error #0x800CCC65 (this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party) I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message was exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said - Server Error #0x800CCC90 I get error message numberox800ccc19 I wond...

user unable to deliver mail to us....
I was recently notified that one of our customers has been trying for the last two days to get an email to us (someone@truenorthloghomes.com) and they keep receiving an NDR. Why might an external user (domain is symaptico.ca) be unable to get mail to us? Could this be a potential problem with our Exchange server - or more likley a problem with our DNS provider or his provider? We have been receiving tons of external mail so I know that is working. What causes some email to bouce and other mail to be ok? Thanks, Brad Brad Pears wrote: > I was recently notified that one of our custome...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

copy an e-mail
I sent an e-mail to my e-mail office address with the intention of forwarding it tomorrow morning, I then realized I forgot to edit a very important part of it. Is there a way I can edit an e-mail that was sent to me by myself from another locale then forward to others in my office ...

Multiple E-mail Address for 1 User with Forwarding
Is it possible to create 2 E-mail addresses for one user and have the 2nd forward to the first? TIA. -- Regards, Allan C They are currently running Exchange Server 5.5 sp4. The scenario is that one user is receiving a lot of Spam. He would like to change his E-mail address * now * before he can contact everyone. Even if he did, some people will send to his old address by mistake. So, we would like to have 2 addresses running concurrently so nothing drops in the bit bucket. We would like to have the first address (with the Spam) forward to the 2nd so that he doesn't have to login ...

Get rid of mail from bogus users on 2003
How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad Mail" folder on 2003. I just want it deleted when their is no user account. Pre SP1 I think you have to make a registry change, check out http://support.microsoft.com for that, or just install Service Pack 1 for Exchange 03' be default badmail is deleted once sp1 is on. "Jordan" <nojunk_allowed@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23SDPfM%234EHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad > Mail" folder on 2...

Outlook won't send attachments #3
I have Office XP Pro (2002). When I type a document in Word, and then select File>Send To>Mail Recipient (as Attachment), Outlook opens the standard new message window and lets me type the address of my recipient, but when I click on Send, it doesn't do anything. I can hit Send all day long, and Outlook doesn't even try to send it. But, if I save the Word doc to my hard drive, and open a new mail window in Outlook, I can attach the Word doc and it will send it just fine. I have applied the latest updates to Office, and now I don't know what else to try. Any sug...

E-mail location 08-06-03
Can someone tell me where e-mails are stored in the CRM database? I'm specifically referring to e-mails stored in the "Personal Work" section of your "WorkPlace". It seems like these would be in the ActivityBase table, but I am not having luck finding them there. Thanks for any help. ...

Scripting Error When Printing E-mails
Does anyone have a solution to the scripting error message that is recieved when trying to print e-mails from Outlook. Outlook generates a line 1343 error message. Any assistance would be great. Thanks & Regards, Jay ...

Exchange Server 2000 forward mail to POP3.
Yes, this old chestnut. I've been reading the suggested solutions on the various newsgroups, but I can't get this to work. Under AD Users / Properties / Exchange General / Delivery Options / Forwarding Address you can't add 'fred@msn.com' because it will try to validate that address and fail. If I create a custom contact recipient or distribution group, I see no 'internet email' option to add 'fred@msn.com', only SMTP and so on. It's not an SMTP server. So can this be done? TIA. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:10:59 -0800, "Alan B" <fantantiddl...

Limited FREE BOOK (e-book format) and DVD giveaway
Get Jamie's Newly Revised FREE BOOK (e-book format) and DVD (valued at $97.00) As a special gift, we would like to provide you with a Free copy of Jamie McIntyre's newly revised E-Book and DVD (In hard copy mailed to you) titled: "What I Didn't Learn At School But Wish I Had" The key topics covered in this Book and DVD are: Jamie McIntyre Click Here For Your Free DVD! http://www.21stcenturyacademy.com.au/cmd.php?af=262381 " What you should have been taught at school, but weren't. " The 4 key skills you must master to succeed in the 21st Cent...

The host 'mail.cifode.ca' could not be found. Please verify that .
The host 'mail.cifode.ca' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.cifode.ca', Server: 'mail.cifode.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, fifi asked: | The host 'mail.ci...

How do I create a bulk mailing text box in Publisher?