attachments not received or in winmail

For some reason people do not always receiving my
attachments or they are receiving attachments in a
unreadable winmail.dat format.  any ideas? i'm using
outlook 2000.
0
anonymous (74722)

jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> For some reason people do not always receiving my
> attachments or they are receiving attachments in a
> unreadable winmail.dat format.  any ideas? i'm using
> outlook 2000.

Don't use Rich Text, which is specific to Outlook.  Use plain text or HTML
format.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/4/2004 8:57:18 PM
All...

I have a similiar issue.  We are using Exchange 2000,
SP3.  Clients are using either Outlook 2000, 2002, or
2003.  My users are sending to a company using the
Outlook Express client for Macintosh, and the Macintosh
company is not receiving attachments of any type, only
the winmail.dat.

I have sent the mail with attachments using Plain Text.
I have checked the client's personal address book to
ensure that is set correctly, I have checked the client's
machine to ensure they are sending everything plain text,
I have checked the Global contact to ensure that is set
to not send as Mime.

Still no luck.  Anything I've missed?

Elizabeth

0
anonymous (74722)

OL2K-SR1 can't find/open outbound attachments
I moved the girlfriend's XP Pro SP1 system from a 8GB drive with no wiggle room to a roomy 30GB drive. Now Outlook 2K claims it can't find or open outbound attachments. It worked fine before the move. I believe I checked all the Option settings; even tried deleting and re-installing Office 2K SR1, with no luck. I'd really appreciate any ideas here. Thanks. Joe ...

Initiating an Excel mail attachment through Excel
Using Office 2002 SP3. A user opens an excel doc located on a network server. When they choose file -> send to -> mail recipient (as attachment)... This error message pops up: Outlook Could not open one or more attachments. You can open Outlook, browse to the excel file and attach it, but you cannot initiate the attachment from Excel. Or you can save it locally and then attach it. I saw this in Office 2000 and lowering the attachment security to NONE seemed to fix it. However, the attachment security in 2002 and greater seems be located in the registry and did not have th...

Thread not receiving messages
Hi I have a UI thread which creates a window that handles messages posted by another thread. After a few seconds of message handling the window in the UI thread stops receiving messages or rather it does not enter the message handler function. The other thread is still posting messages. The threads window of the debugger shows that the UI thread is stuck somewhere in the AfxInternalPumpMessage function. Can anybody explain what's happening here Moiz First, this could possibly be a very bad idea, unless the window is an invisible top-level window. So be very careful when you build UI win...

Outlook Attachment help...
I'm not sure if this is even possible but if it is I'd appreciate some help. I have a school email account but I like to use Outlook to view all my mail so I forward all school mail to my comcast account and just filter it to its own folder. My school account doesn't have pop or imap so that's why I can't access it directly and have to forward it. The problem is when I view it in Outlook all my emails from school are sent as attachments. Is there a rule or something I can create to have them show up normally instead of as attachments? It's just a PITA to open up every...

Attachment password reminder?
My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via the internet. They usually password protect these files. Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget to put the password on the attachment... Thanks, J.R. ...

New Messages includes Attachment! WHY!
One of our uses was playing around with outlook and now when ever she replys to a message or creates a new message there is an attachment on the page. It is always the same one and she can just delete it. I try to go and edit her signature options but the option is grayed out! Please help! Thanks ...

can I copy photos attached to emails onto a disc
I receive lots of emails with attached photos. How do I get the photos from the inbox of Microsoft Outlook onto a disc so that I can get them printed ????? ...

Attached Image file
Hi, Previously a user of outlook express, after upgraded to Outlook 2003. Find that the image viewing from outlook attachement very suffering... not like outlook express, i can scroll through all attached image inside my e-mail, but for outlook, i have double-click all the attached image in order to view them... is there a way to make image viewing easier.. pls advice what setting i can set in outlook 2003 or my exhange server 2003 ?? Thanks! No such setting. Outlook does not preview attachments inline intentionally. This is not Outlook Express. -- Russ Vale...

Outlook 2007 send/receive error
Using Win XP-Pro. Was using Outlook Express for email. Installed Outlook 2007 this morning and imported addresses and files from Express. Everything seemed to work fine until I attempted to send/receive. Got error message (0x8007000E) "out of memory or system resources". Cleaned off all extraneous files and significantly reduced folder storage amounts. Have run all diagnostics that I can find with no problems identified. Have checked my internet connections and everythng worked fine. Problem seems to be with Outlook. Would appreciate any suggestions for correction of problem. ...

Outlook 2007 freezing on send/receive
We are currently on Office 2007 SP2/XP SP3. We've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007, and users still freeze. We've eliminated .PSTs (still freezes), and deactivated all add-ins (still freezes). We're at an end of testing - any suggestions? Does it work in safe mode? Did you delete the SRS file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: ...

2003 Won't receive mail
Outlook 2003 times out receiving mail. This happens only on one machine. The exact same settings on another machine work fine and retrieve the e-mail. Winsock error 10054 from this machine only. All others are fine Repair install, uniinstall Service packs all tried. Thank you. That error usually indicates a problem with the remote server and not with Outlook. I would also tend to suspect any software your ISP has asked you to install to allow you to connect to them, this can cause an issue. Winsock error 10054 means: connection reset by peer. Is the one machine using ActiveSy...

.how open doc attach in exelspreadsheet xls...
what do I need to open an attachment that is in a spreadsheet xls exel spreadsheet. what do I need to download thanks bjs Joe If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx Excel is not included with Windows OS. It is part of MS Office Suite or a stand-alone application. You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or order from MS on line. They will send you a CD. For info on ordering see this website. http://www.microsoft.com/office/...

attachment or a forward
There are a lot of times that I'm receive an e-mail that says there is an attachment. But when I go to open it there is a blank page. What I really think is the sender is forwarding a message from someone else and it never appears for me. The instance I have in mind comes from someone who uses AOL. There are many other times this occurs but I haven't really paid attention to the senders mail account. What is going on? thanks. AOL compresses their email attachments. You need to download the opening program from AOL. Do a file save as and then open with AOL decompressio...

blocked attachment #7
I have a user with outlook 2003 The user gets emails from our customer that has an attachment. The extension of the file is .snp Never had a problem with this before. But now, when looking in her inbox, it shows that there is an attachemnt, but she cant view it. If I R-Clcik on teh email and selct view, it shows teh file. If I try to open, it wont, if I tray to save it to teh desktop, I get a message saying Outlook can't save teh file. This was workign just fine earlier today, and emails recieved yeterday can still be opened fine. Restarted teh machine, no luck. Any ideas...

Emailing attachments from Access
Not sure if this is the best group for this... I have an access application that needs to send emails. Some of the emails will require an attachment (may be more than one). The attachment will always be from a defined directory. Im using the code below to send the mail. What I'd like to be able to do is set the path of the directory that attachments will come from so that when user clicks Insert File, the file dialog opens in the correct directory. If there was only ever going to be a single attachment, I could open a File dialog first and send an attachment path into procedure ...

Outlook sending messages attachments corrupt??
Hi there I can't send any messages with attachment any more?? Attachments upon arrival appear as gibberish letters. Or if the attachment is a lager file it produces multiple emails ( up to fifteen single messages) Each email is screened by Norton antivirus 2003. I have not detected virus on my pc. any help would be much appreciated. What is going on?? Regards Norman ...

Why can't the email attachments I send always be opened?
I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of a schedule that was made with works word processor. How can I save these documents in a format that they can be opened when sent as attachments to an email? Hi the recipient of your email has to have a program which can open your files. e.g. MS Works. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwrogers wrote: > I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a > spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of > a...

Viewing .pps attachments in e mail
I used to have Microsoft Office and could view any .pps file attachments in incoming e mail. My OS crashed and after re-installed OS system, I cannot find my Microsoft Office installation discs and now discover that I am unable to open these attachments. I downloaded the free Power Point viewer from the MS download center and could not get it to work. I found some info on how to fix the problem and now I actually get the PPS viewer program to open, but then I get multiple error messages telling me it cannot find the files "Documents", "and", "local&quo...

Outlook Express attachment directory
I have one windows 2000 computer that defaults to the last place I saved an attachment and another that always goes back to default in my documents. Both computers are upgraded to latest version of windows 2000 professional. Where can I set a default for the download directory for attachments. Lee Lee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one windows 2000 computer that defaults to the last > place I saved an attachment and another that always goes > back to default in my documents. > Both computers are upgraded to latest version of windows > 2000 p...

receiving mails twice
I am using office XP on my pc. Whenever i start my outlook t see messages i receive each message twice.i dont know whether the prob is from server side or client side.. we use exchange 5.5 server... please help ...

Embeding a photo in outlook 2007 without attaching it
I just uplgraded to windows 7 and office 2007. I send emails through a distribution list that charges me on the file size of my emails. So what I do is upload images to a server then have my outlook stream the photos in the email rather than attach them. Well I can not seem to find out how to do this in outlook 2007, so i then downloaded the windows live mail but that doesn't seem to work when I tell it to not attach the images. I have been working on this way too long! Can someone help? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/72 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Save All Attachments
Periodically, I get emails with several *.txt files attached (I am using Outlook 2000). Instead of saving the attachments one file at a time, I have tried to chose all the attachments, then save all of them. Sometimes this works well, and other times, I get the message that "The filename is not valid." Its like if I navigate to certain folders, it doesn't work but there is no real "weirdness" related to the folder name that I see. Does anyone know what's going on here? Is there some kind of limitation to the length of the path and file name? Any help appreciat...

Can't attach a stored procedure to a Crystal report??
"Information is needed before this report can be processed" I get this error when I try to run a report through CRM that has been built with a stored procedure as the data source. Preview mode in Cystal shows the data just fine. Seems like this might be a bug. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave ...

send receive e mail
i'm running outlook 2002 on win 98 o/s every thing works ok but i can not make it send and receive on it's own. in the options menu there is 2 boxes one is for "send receve" on start up and the outher is for "check every 2 min for new mail" no matter what i do it will ont receve by its self thanx for reading >-----Original Message----- >i'm running outlook 2002 on win 98 o/s every thing works >ok but i can not make it send and receive on it's own. >in the options menu there is 2 boxes one is for "send >receve" on s...

outlook attachment
Can anyone please help? I tried to open an attachment, but it prompted me with a message "This object was created in Outlook. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed." Not your fault. Have the sender resend the message with an attachment in a format you can open. "Lynn" wrote: > Can anyone please help? I tried to open an attachment, but it prompted me > with a message "This object was created in Outlook. This application is not > av...