Attachments not received #2

Can anyone help ?  - When I send some attachments using Outlook 2003 the
attachments are not received by the recipient just the mail.  Incidentally
they show the attachment paperclip in the Sent Items as if they were sent.
This happened in earlier version too but only when I switched to XP.  It
does not occur with Outlook Express

Many thanks

0
moi1 (2)

First thing to check is your sending mail format. Make sure you're not using
Rich Text Format. Try Plain Text or HTML instead

"Marian Hughes" <moi@esatclear.ie> wrote in message
> Can anyone help ?  - When I send some attachments using Outlook 2003 the
> attachments are not received by the recipient just the mail.  Incidentally
> they show the attachment paperclip in the Sent Items as if they were sent.
> This happened in earlier version too but only when I switched to XP.  It
> does not occur with Outlook Express

0
vince8328 (2733)
1/23/2004 11:35:40 AM
Unfortunately this is not the problem  :-)

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
> First thing to check is your sending mail format. Make sure you're not
using
> Rich Text Format. Try Plain Text or HTML instead
>
> "Marian Hughes" <moi@esatclear.ie> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help ?  - When I send some attachments using Outlook 2003 the
> > attachments are not received by the recipient just the mail.
Incidentally
> > they show the attachment paperclip in the Sent Items as if they were
sent.
> > This happened in earlier version too but only when I switched to XP.  It
> > does not occur with Outlook Express

0
moi1 (2)
1/23/2004 5:37:03 PM
What program is the recipient using to receive the mail item?

> Unfortunately this is not the problem  :-)

0
vince8328 (2733)

Calendar item received automatically accepted as tentative
Outlook 2003 Have a problem with one user when they receive meeting requests they are automatically accepted into his calendar as tentative. No messages appear in his inbox advising the meeting has been received. this is causing a problem as unless he is constantly checking his calendar, he has no way of being advised that a meeting has been requested of him. Any ideas on how to fix this? ...

Display max and min on bar graph #2
Hello all. I am constructing bar graph to display the numerical results of our quality metrics, and my boss would like the maximun and the mininum displayed for each category as dots over and in the individual bars. I know I can add error bars, but is there any way to do it as a simple dot and not have the lines? I hope that makes sense. Add a series for the max and a series for the min. Change the chart type for each series to LINE and change the point display as needed. "SWeyer" <SWeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022A0A3A-C4C9-4700-88F4-DDEFD5...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Macro help needed... #2
New to VBA, I'm struggling to do the following in a worksheet:- For all the cells in the sheet; Begin. If the cell.interior.colorindex is 1 (black) or 15 (light grey), do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. If the cell value has anything other than 2 or 3 characters or letters, do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. Otherwise, using Select Case, set the background color to an index linked to a particular string in the value, except that if the 2-or-3 character value is not found in the case list, do not change the backgroun...

floppy not accessible in a drive #2
I've been having trouble with "A" drive in Excel. I put in the disc to update it with information and it will not retrieve any material previously put on the disc and indicates "a drive not accessible - may be formatted for macintosh"...then everything n my disc is gone and i can't access the "A" drive anymore. What is happening here....what am I doing wrong.? L. Findlay First, it's not a good idea to work directly off a floppy. Better to use windows explorer to copy to your local harddrive, work on it there, then use windows explorer to copy ...

Lotus 1-2-3 keyboard commands ("/")
How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") Tools>Options>Transition. Enable the Lotus features. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:25:02 -0700, CyberLogicAL <CyberLogicAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") ...

How do I customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ? #2
How do I customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ? thanks ...

Deleted messages #2
Hi I had an account set up in outlook express that had about 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my old e-mails. Is there any way to recover the lost messages? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Andrew Andrew Colhoun <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I had an account set up in outlook express that had about > 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I > got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my > old e-mails. Is there any wa...

Change date format #2
I have a column in excel which outputs the date as: 1/1/2005, I would like the formatting to be as such: 2005-01-01. Ther are no formats built into excel to output the dates like this. Doe anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish the yyyy-mm-dd forma -- gplevriti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gplevritis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39102 Hi Select your cells and press Ctrl-1 Select Custom on the number tab and select a forma...

outlook 2000 and 2003 #2
We are having issues with sending emails from outlook 2003 to outlook 2000. if the email is of any considerable length...when it is sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 the email will not display the full content of the message...any ideas? If i send the same email from my hotmail or another outlook 2000 client to another outlook 2000 client it will dispaly just fine...any help would be greatly appreciated Paul ...

Queues never receive mail
Hello, After creating an AD user named support, with an email support@comp.com, I created a Queue with this mail address and taking all incoming mail. I uded mail router to deploy rule successfully. But sending mail to this adress I dont find sent emails in this queue ? Where is the error ? Thanks CS ------=_NextPart_0001_8B738295 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi CS, Here are the instructions for creating a queue user: - Create and configure a queue user This procedure provides the steps for creating and configuring a queue user that can receive incoming e...

Display Name missing from SMTP header #2
Hi I have an Exchange 5.5 server with SP4. I have created a mailbox on it but every time I send an email message from it using Outlook to someone outside Exchange (using SMTP), the Display name does not get included in the "From:" header. In other words, the recipient of the message sees my SMTP address in the "From:" field but not my display name. I would like them to see the format "Display Name" < mailbox @ domain.com > format. How can I fix this? Am I missing a configuration detail? Thanks, AK Anupam Agarwal <anupamagarwal@hotmail.com> w...

Macro for 2 Tables
Hello All I was wondering if it is possible to write a macro for the following situation and if so how? Basically we have 2 tables with various formulas in its cells, each table yields different results based on the formulas. Outside of the tables we have 6 cells which are the end results from the tables. Now the thing is we only want to use one table each time dependent on the results. We want both tables to run but we only want to choose one for the end, so can a macro be written that shows the results of table 1 in the "Results Cells" when clicked and then can be clicked a...

Excel sorting #2
I had a membership list on Access which was converted to Excel. When I try to 'sort' the members by membership numbers all the new members' numbers that have been inputted since the setup of the Excel spreadsheet appear at the top of the list and before the 'old' membership numbers. I need those members correctly sorted into proper numerical order - any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks Juan Kermode Everton FC Supporters Club, Isle of Man branch One of your lists of numbers has probably been put in as text. Excel will sort the numbers first and the...

Scanning opens tender window
Hi, Have you ever encoutered following issue. After upgrading system from version 1.3 to 2.0 there is one problem with some POSes. After scanning good it is not added to list in main window but program works like f12 was pressed and tender window appear. Could you please advice how i may solve this problem? Thank you in advance. Regards, Hi Adam, It is probably your ILC itself that is triggering the calling of the F12. Your scanner is probably set to carriage return, right? What is one of your actual ILC that prompts for the tender screen? -- Jocelyn &quo...

changing axis #2
I'm running excel 2002. I have a 2 axis chart with lines and columns. When I add a new series how do I tell it which axis the series is attached to. It keeps putting them on the lines and I need to add the new series to the columns Hi, I don't think you can control this when adding extra data. Once added right click and use the format to change the axis. Also use the right click to change chart type. Cheers Andy Liz wrote: > I'm running excel 2002. I have a 2 axis chart with lines and columns. When > I add a new series how do I tell it which axis the series is ...

Blocked attachment #6
If Outlook 2003 thoughtfully blocks access to a 'potentially dangerous' attachment how can I unblock it? Many thanks. http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_force_outlook_to_open_potentially_unsafe_attachments_that_i_know_are_ok.html "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message news:OPBtrP58GHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > If Outlook 2003 thoughtfully blocks access to a 'potentially dangerous' > attachment how can I unblock it? > > Many thanks. > Thanks! "Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in me...

Can series 1,2,3 label in data be RE labeled to different text?
I created a chart, a simple 3D chart using the chart wizard. I have 3 columns of information. I have sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. I created this chart and i have 3 data series being presented. Not sure if anyone understands what i am trying to say? I thought saying i had a data series was the best approach to describing my problem in my chart. Well on the right vertical axis i have numbers that the wizard put in for me. They go from zero to 60. The data series is for the sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. Then to the right of the chart i have labels that say,...

User not in distribution groups receiving calendar appointments
We have a user account in our domain that receives calendar meeting appointments that are sent to a distribution group that she is not in. We have tried deleting the distribution group, recreating it and putting in the original people but the problem still presists. I have also tried removing all the members of the group, placed a test user into the group and sent another calendar meeting appointment to the group. Same results. The user still receives the appointment even though she is not in the group. Has anyone ever had a similar problem or know of where I could look to solve it. ...

Saving Outlook E-mail Attachment
Since going to Office XP I cannot change the folder I want to save my e-mail attachment in. It always defaults to an internet temp file and I want to change it to a network folder. Any ideas? Bonnie <duell@co.muskegon.mi.us> wrote: > Since going to Office XP I cannot change the folder I > want to save my e-mail attachment in. It always defaults > to an internet temp file and I want to change it to a > network folder. Any ideas? You can browse to whatever folder you want and save the attachment. Outlook should remember the folder you chose until the next time you open...

Receiving Duplicate Emails #3
Hi there When I receive emails into Outlook XP I get two of everything? Does anyone know why please? Dave ...

Max attachment size
I would just like to know what is the maximum attachment size that Outlook 2000 can send over the internet. I can't seem to find it in the support group. Is it about 2MB or so and where can I find it in the program, if anywhere. Thanks.. Usually it's the ISP/e-mail administrator that limits attachment size. Outlook does not have a hard-coded limit in and of itself. -- Patrick Reed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVP [Outlook] Have you checked www.slipstick.com? ~Please list Outlook version~ "jcardisco" <jcar@bigred.unl.edu> wrote in message news:0cdc01c39d8b$99d0d180$a001...

Service Pack 2 failure
I was installing the service pack 2 to my HP notebook and it was taking awhile so during step 2 the computer went into sleep mode, so i shook the mouse to wake it up and it was already restarting. I'm not sure why it started to restart though, because right before it slept it was only at 5%. when I start it up I get startup repair or normal. normal doesn't work, but when startup repair runs it says it cannot repair automatically and reads this. Problem Signature 1: AntoFailover Problem Signature 2: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000 3: 6 4:196611 5: CorruptVolume 6: BadDr...

File Size Increases as Attachment
I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct group so I will post the same message in a Word group. I am using Office XP Pro (2002). I have a file that is 2,219kb. When I send it as an attachment it increases to 2 mb which makes it a large file to send. Why is this happening and is there a way to correct it? Thanks, "N Weir" <nweird@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IbtRb.45914$Kg6.337846@news20.bellglobal.com... > I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct group so I will post the > same message in a Word group. I am using Office XP Pro (2002). I have a ...

Text in Pivot Tables #2
Hi When doing a Pivot Table is it possible to have text instead of numbers in the table? If so, how can this be done. Greg Still no. "Gregc." wrote: > > Hi > > When doing a Pivot Table is it possible to have text instead of numbers > in the table? If so, how can this be done. > > Greg -- Dave Peterson I can, but I created code that creates my pivot tables. It's at work though, so you'll have to wait until I have some free time this week. Cheers, Jason Lepack Dave Peterson wrote: > Still no. > > "Gregc." wrote: > >...