attachments -- NOT read only

In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files
sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only
i like the old way -- not read only --- where can one
can / delete the read only option on attachements???
thanks
0
jackws (1)

On 10/21/2003 11:31 PM, jackws@jsarch.com wrote:

> In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files
> sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only

Just save the file to your local machine and start from there...

Alex

--
-( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )-

0
yua (62)
10/22/2003 2:22:03 PM
Is there any other way then to save the file, like a setting in
outlook or a registry setting.

Carrie
"Alex Yu [MVP - Academic]" <yua@REMOVE-THIS-FOR-SPAM.rpi.edu> wrote in message news:<ugX5lfKmDHA.1960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> On 10/21/2003 11:31 PM, jackws@jsarch.com wrote:
>
> > In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files
> > sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only
>
> Just save the file to your local machine and start from there...
>
> Alex
0
croth (2)

Constructor for Attachment causing Sys.Webforms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException
Okay, this seems odd to me but I've narrowed the source of the above error down to the following line of code: Dim att As New Attachment(attachment) Where attachment is a UNC path. If I comment that line of code out, the error goes away. Why does this work on my developement box but not on our test server? I've tried including the content type to no avail. Any help with this? using VS2008 on XP sp3 S P.S. This just happens to be on a page that has a couple of AJAX update panels on them and the error message box that pops up looks a bit AJAX like to me. ...

Web Client marking messages read
Need help with Blackberry web client marking messages read when it copies messages from Web mail. I just brought up about 15 blackberry 7230s using T-Mobile as a carrier. We are using Exchange 5.5 and have web mail setup. I am getting the mail messages to go to blackberry devices, but the messages are being marked as read in Exchange/Outlook. Basically, when the users are sitting at their desks their messages are being marked as read even though they haven't read the messages. I saw some kind of fix for Exchange 2000, does anyone know if there is anything I can do other than...

Read Receipts #4
How do I turn off read receipts? I would like to insure the sender does not know if I read the email sent to me. Thx in advance -d You could either swich it off globally in your exchange settings or use tools like aloaha to remove the delivery/read receitpt requests from incoming mails. FH "rgm" <rgmcleod@austin.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eXvM$OvfEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do I turn off read receipts? I would like to insure the sender does not > know if I read the email sent to me. > Thx in advance > > -d > > How do you switch i...

Deteted attachments
I'm using Outlook as my POP3 email client. However, when incoming emails with certain attachments arrive, Outlook says it has removed or disabled the attachment and there seems no way to get it back. How can I stop Outlook doing this? This "feature" is really ticking me off! What version of Outlook? Does this help? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Ian Carter wrote: > I'm using Outlook as my POP3 email client. However, when > incoming emails with certain attachments arrive, Outlook > says it has removed or disabled the attachment and there >...

attachments not received or in winmail
For some reason people do not always receiving my attachments or they are receiving attachments in a unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using outlook 2000. jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason people do not always receiving my > attachments or they are receiving attachments in a > unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using > outlook 2000. Don't use Rich Text, which is specific to Outlook. Use plain text or HTML format. -- Brian Tillman All... I have a similiar issue. We are using Exchange 2000, SP3....

uploading email attachment
I've attached a small program (ad-aware)to an email to a friend. Outlook 2003 won't let it upload and "send", something about a potential virus, etc?? Now the email is sitting in the outbox, stuck, won't send, won't delete. If I can't send attachments with .exe then at least how do I remove it from the outbox? 1. Always zip files you intend to send via email - Outlook will not send nor receive mails with .exe attachments, among others. 2. Create a new .pst file, make it the default, close and reopen Outlook. Go to the Outbox in the old .pst file and de...

Outloo reads aloud emails
I have Outlook 2002 installed. I usually send an email by using the key combination Alt/S but occasionally, instead of the email being sent, a voice starts reading aloud the email I have written. Now I have tried all sorts of Alt key combinations to make it happen on purpose but it won't so my question is, what is happening, why, and can I use the speech recognition program in other MS products? Regrds, Lloyd sounds like you are enabling narrator. look in accessories on the start menu. If it's not that, then it could be speech - look in control panel for the lauguage applet. --...

OE6 Deletes Attachments that are Ok
I recently updated my OE to version 6 - and it seems that since that time, there are numerous e-mails with attachments that OE is removing the attachment. These are coming from people I know. Is there something I can do or settings I can change to stop this from happening? Tools | Options | Security... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outl...

ValidationType.Auto and reading schema attribute
Hi, I would like my default ValidationType to be Auto. Now let's say I have both a DTD and an XSD file for this XML file being validated. While it's ValidationType.Auto, it will validate the DTD, but will not even attempt to read/validate the namespace or even check if schema file exists. I suppose it's a resolver problem; anyone have any insight on how I can have it check the schema File while Auto (without setting ValidationType.Schema)? ..NET 1.1 Validation can not perform DTD and XSD validation at the same time. If you have ValidationType set to Auto, and have a DTD decl...

Block Attachments
Hi, I use Exhange 2003 in my office which is installed in windows 2003 Enterprise edition. I need to block attachments such as *.exe,*.scr,*.pif etc.... is there anyway to restrict in Exchange ? Thanks in advance Regards Venkat On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:06:26 -0800, Venkat <Venkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > > I use Exhange 2003 in my office which is installed in windows 2003 >Enterprise edition. I need to block attachments such as *.exe,*.scr,*.pif >etc.... is there anyway to restrict in Exchange ? > >Thanks in advance > >Regards >Venk...

Missing attachment warning
Outlook should have it built in so that if the word 'attached' or 'attachment' is in the text, a warning message should tell you if an attachment is missing before allowing you to send it. The first time this happens you should be given the option to ignore this funcionality in future. Having the warning would save the hassle (an sometimes embarrasment) of having to follow up an email when attchments have been missed off. It happens all the time where I work... Cheers, Paul ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Limiting attachment size per user
I have a quick and easy question. If my SMTP virtual server is putting a size limit on outgoing attachments to 4MBs and in Active Directory under Exchange General->Dilivery Restrictions->Outgoing Message Size->Maximin KB-> I give him 10MBs......who wins? And if the gateway always wins, how can I give a user more without making the global change on the Gateway? Thanks, Pete Hey Pete, I think this article pretty well answers your questions: 322679 Set Size Limits for Messages http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322679 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to t...

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

Attaching captions to objects in documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I attach a caption to an object such as a photo, figure or the like in a document such that they don't separate at the bottom of a page? It would help a great deal if you'd give an indication of what program you're using... And it would be to your benefit to post to the group specific to that program rather than to the general Office group. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 12/3/09 10:06 PM, in article 59bae1ef.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Fox1@officeformac.com" <Fox1@offic...

hide attachments
I'm sending a newsletter as an attachment. The recipient can view the newsletter but there are also 20 attachments comprising the newsletter that are available to open. Is there any way to hide the attachments when sending? You are obviously sending the newsletter as HTML and your recipient is receiving it as plain text. Your recipient can enable HTML emails or you can send the newsletter as a PDF. There are free PDF converters around, www.primopdf.com is one. If your version of Publisher is 2007 Microsoft has a save as PDF converter. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.asp...

Images in Signature show up as attachments!!

Outlook Express XP
Why do my picture attachments open automatically at the bottom of the email instead of waiting for me toclick on the paperclip? Is it a setting I can change? Thanks "Michael Garcia" <michaelegarcia@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1d63501c453d7$bddfc790$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Why do my picture attachments open automatically at the > bottom of the email instead of waiting for me toclick on > the paperclip? Is it a setting I can change? > > Thanks There's no such thing as Outlook Express XP....... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/20...

Office 2004 and the spinning beachball when saving, opening or attaching docs, xls, emails, etc? Anyone else have this problem?
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing hang-ups while trying to save, open, attach a file. This seems to happen when we are on our OS X.2 server. However, today it happened while someone was trying to attach a desktop file in Entourage. The normal experience is that you click on the triangle so you can see all your different file options and somewhere in navigating the files you get the colored beach ball that does not stop or after a while you get a notice that the office program has crashed and would you like to report your problem to apple or reopen your file. If you reopen the ...

attachments not visible in OWA 2007 in signed messages
When opening a message contaning a digital signature via OWA 2007 we get the error: This message has a digital signature, but it was not validated. Attachments will not be displayed. The server has all the necessary certificates. What maybe wrong?? Regards, Peter Kerkhofs ...

attachments #63
I can't send attachments in Outlook 2003. can anyone help please ...

can I use a CArchive with a CSocket to read regular text?
if so which type do I use in the CSocket OnReceive function: ar >> char* didn't work thanks CArchive can only interpret things that were written by CArchive. Even text. To receive plain text just pass the text buffer to Read. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] thanks! Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote: > CArchive can only interpret things that were written by CArchive. Even > text. To receive plain text just pass the text buffer to Read. > > -- > Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Outlook deletes most attachments
I keep getting an error message that says "OE has deleted and unsafe attachment". But it is only on some, not all attachments. If that same message is sent to another computer it goes through with no problems. Is there some switch I need to reset??? G'Day Pam, 1. Outlook restricts access to attachments that Microsoft consider to be dangerous - eg '.exe' files. 2. In general, the best way to send/receive attachments is to compress them into (say) a Zip or Rar File. 3. If you wish to take control yourself, the safest way is to use the COM addin from S...

Sending attachments within Office 2003
Hi there !!! Since I changed from Office 2000 to Office 2003, I've been unable to use the "Send to Mail Recipient (as attachment)" command. When I try to send the document I'm working on via e-mail, I get an error from Exchange that says: "The object could not be found". After that I get a help screen saying: "This error can occur if you attempt to send a Word document as an e-mail attachment in Word and the MAPI session was closed and Word is no longer able to connect to that MAPI session" In the help screen there is also a link that suggest error 10...

attachments to express
I'm a new user of outlook express. When receiving attachments that are pdf or jpg, I'm getting an error message that "OE has blocked access to the following unsafe attachments..." when there is nothing wrong with them Word attachments are fine. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Tools->Options->Security. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.win...

Delivery and read receipt
have a little bit strange problem. Delivery receipt works normally, but read receipt does not. We have a local network with Exchange 2003 and WinXP ( with Office 2003 ) clients. We have a Citrix-terminal services environment. We use " Thales - trusted mail " to classify e-mails sent outside our local nettwork. It is installed on each term.server and starts when outlook starts. The strange thing is that I have a PC that I log on to the network but not through Citrix. I therefor do not have Thales installed on my Outlook. When I send e-mail " TO " my account through this P...