Attachments mysteriously vanishing when I click on messages in pst

Weirdest thing I ever experienced in an Office product (I think) is that in
Outlook 2007, when I click on a message, it's attachment vanishes!  The
messages are in an old .pst, and the following columns are visible (in this
order from left to right):

1. "!" (urgency?)
2. Message class
3. Attachment paper clip
4. Categories
5. From
7. Subject
8. Received
9. Size
10. Flags

It is absolutely weird.  I have a theory it has something to do with the
categories field.  Before 2007 (i just changed a week ago), I used the
categories field obsessively as a tag field and basically abandoned the idea
of separate folders to pigeonhole messages.  Unfortunately, now 2007 uses
this feature in a way that totally destroys my productivity (but that is a
separate issue).  Anyway, it'd be really nice to not lose all my attachments
from my carefully archived message stores when I click on them.

-jim
0
JIMBOLUKE (2)

When you say "vanishing", do you still see the paperclip icon?
When you open the message with the attachment, do you see a
message in the yello banner on top of the message that gives you
a message that states something like "The attachment is being blocked..."?
Do you run an Anti-Virus product on your email?

If you see the Yellow banner on the top of the message, have a look
at this site for information on how to open the attachment(s):
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp

Nikki

"JIMBOLUKE" <JIMBOLUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

The paperclip disappears.  When I click to open the message, the attachment
is gone.  There is no yellow banner (that would be a good hint wouldn't it)
just a bunch of disappearing attachments (which disappear quietly and
unceremoniously).  I lost a lot, mostly because I was too stupid to stop. I
clicked probably 20-30 messages before I really caught on to what was
happening.  After all, it's about the last thing you'd ever expect, that is
for Outlook 2007 to actually destroy your messages??!!! If it were in my
power, I'd revert to 2003, but I am under corporate (gov actually) rules that
force me to use 2007.

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

> When you say "vanishing", do you still see the paperclip icon?
> When you open the message with the attachment, do you see a
> message in the yello banner on top of the message that gives you
> a message that states something like "The attachment is being blocked..."?
> Do you run an Anti-Virus product on your email?
>
> If you see the Yellow banner on the top of the message, have a look
> at this site for information on how to open the attachment(s):
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp
>
> Nikki
>
> "JIMBOLUKE" <JIMBOLUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Weirdest thing I ever experienced in an Office product (I think) is that in
> Outlook 2007, when I click on a message, it's attachment vanishes!  The
> messages are in an old .pst, and the following columns are visible (in this
> order from left to right):
>
> 1. "!" (urgency?)
> 2. Message class
> 3. Attachment paper clip
> 4. Categories
> 5. From
> 7. Subject
> 8. Received
> 9. Size
> 10. Flags
>
> It is absolutely weird.  I have a theory it has something to do with the
> categories field.  Before 2007 (i just changed a week ago), I used the
> categories field obsessively as a tag field and basically abandoned the idea
> of separate folders to pigeonhole messages.  Unfortunately, now 2007 uses
> this feature in a way that totally destroys my productivity (but that is a
> separate issue).  Anyway, it'd be really nice to not lose all my attachments
> from my carefully archived message stores when I click on them.
>
> -jim

0
JIMBOLUKE (2)
9/5/2008 1:16:26 PM
Outlook does not "destroy" or "delete" your attachments. Outlook
will "block" attachments in security cases, however this can be
worked around.

If your attachments are being wiped out, I would look to an
Anti-Virus product working a bit on overdrive that needs to be
turned down.

If you have a government system I would contact your IT department
and have them look into this for you.

Again, Outlook does not delete your attachments, it only hides them
from you and blocks you from accessing them. This is another issue.

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

> When you say "vanishing", do you still see the paperclip icon?
> When you open the message with the attachment, do you see a
> message in the yello banner on top of the message that gives you
> a message that states something like "The attachment is being blocked..."?
> Do you run an Anti-Virus product on your email?
>
> If you see the Yellow banner on the top of the message, have a look
> at this site for information on how to open the attachment(s):
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp
>
> Nikki
>
> "JIMBOLUKE" <JIMBOLUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Weirdest thing I ever experienced in an Office product (I think) is that
> in
> Outlook 2007, when I click on a message, it's attachment vanishes!  The
> messages are in an old .pst, and the following columns are visible (in
> this
> order from left to right):
>
> 1. "!" (urgency?)
> 2. Message class
> 3. Attachment paper clip
> 4. Categories
> 5. From
> 7. Subject
> 8. Received
> 9. Size
> 10. Flags
>
> It is absolutely weird.  I have a theory it has something to do with the
> categories field.  Before 2007 (i just changed a week ago), I used the
> categories field obsessively as a tag field and basically abandoned the
> idea
> of separate folders to pigeonhole messages.  Unfortunately, now 2007 uses
> this feature in a way that totally destroys my productivity (but that is a
> separate issue).  Anyway, it'd be really nice to not lose all my
> attachments
> from my carefully archived message stores when I click on them.
>
> -jim

What I discovered was if I right clicked on the message and then selected
junk mail and selected the add sender to safe sender list.  Exit Outlook and
when you go back in the attachment is available.  There should be some way
to turn this quirk in Outlook off.

?????

"Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> 2. Message class
>> 3. Attachment paper clip
>> 4. Categories
>> 5. From
>> 7. Subject
>> 8. Received
>> 9. Size
>> 10. Flags
>>
>> It is absolutely weird.  I have a theory it has something to do with the
>> categories field.  Before 2007 (i just changed a week ago), I used the
>> categories field obsessively as a tag field and basically abandoned the
>> idea
>> of separate folders to pigeonhole messages.  Unfortunately, now 2007 uses
>> this feature in a way that totally destroys my productivity (but that is
>> separate issue).  Anyway, it'd be really nice to not lose all my
>> attachments
>> from my carefully archived message stores when I click on them.

0
executor (24)
9/7/2008 1:17:29 PM
Now that the person has been added to the Safe Sender List
did you get your other attachments back?

Nikki

> [...]
>>
>>> When you say "vanishing", do you still see the paperclip icon?
>>> When you open the message with the attachment, do you see a
>>> message in the yello banner on top of the message that gives you
>>> a message that states something like "The attachment is being
>>> blocked..."?
>>> Do you run an Anti-Virus product on your email?
>>>
>>> If you see the Yellow banner on the top of the message, have a look
>>> at this site for information on how to open the attachment(s):
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp
>>>
>>> Nikki
>>>
>>> "JIMBOLUKE" <JIMBOLUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>> Weirdest thing I ever experienced in an Office product (I think) is that
>>> in
>>> Outlook 2007, when I click on a message, it's attachment vanishes!  The
>>> messages are in an old .pst, and the following columns are visible (in

>>> 2. Message class
>>> 3. Attachment paper clip
>>> 4. Categories
>>> 5. From
>>> 7. Subject
>>> 8. Received
>>> 9. Size
>>> 10. Flags
No, you have to add each and every one that you cannot see to the list, exit
Outlook and when you go back in the attachments are there.  However, if you
try and open the mail the attachment disappears and adding the sender to
your safe list will not bring back the attachment.

What a pain in the ass

>>> It is absolutely weird.  I have a theory it has something to do with the
>>> categories field.  Before 2007 (i just changed a week ago), I used the
>>> categories field obsessively as a tag field and basically abandoned the
>>> idea
>>> of separate folders to pigeonhole messages.  Unfortunately, now 2007
>>> uses
>>> this feature in a way that totally destroys my productivity (but that is
>>> separate issue).  Anyway, it'd be really nice to not lose all my
>>> attachments
>>> from my carefully archived message stores when I click on them.
>>>
>>> -jim

0
executor (24)
9/9/2008 8:26:48 PM
Again I will point out that Outlook does NOT delete the attachments.
There is another program running on your system that is doing this.
You need to contact your System Administrator and find out if it is
an AV (Anti-Virus) program that is removing these items.

> Again I will point out that Outlook does NOT delete the attachments.
> There is another program running on your system that is doing this.
> You need to contact your System Administrator and find out if it is
> an AV (Anti-Virus) program that is removing these items.
>
> Nikki
>
> "Trevor" <executor@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
> "Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Now that the person has been added to the Safe Sender List
>> did you get your other attachments back?
>>
>> Nikki
>>
>> "Trevor" <executor@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
>>
>> What I discovered was if I right clicked on the message and then selected
>> junk mail and selected the add sender to safe sender list.  Exit Outlook
>> and
>> when you go back in the attachment is available.  There should be some
>> way
>> to turn this quirk in Outlook off.
>>
>> ?????
>>
>> "Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Outlook does not "destroy" or "delete" your attachments. Outlook
>>> will "block" attachments in security cases, however this can be
>>> worked around.
>>>
>>> If your attachments are being wiped out, I would look to an
>>> Anti-Virus product working a bit on overdrive that needs to be
>>> turned down.
>>>
>>> If you have a government system I would contact your IT department
>>> and have them look into this for you.
>>>
>>> Again, Outlook does not delete your attachments, it only hides them
>>> from you and blocks you from accessing them. This is another issue.
>>>
>>> Nikki
>>>
>>> "JIMBOLUKE" <JIMBOLUKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> The paperclip disappears.  When I click to open the message, the
>>> attachment
>>> is gone.  There is no yellow banner (that would be a good hint wouldn't
>>> it)
>>> just a bunch of disappearing attachments (which disappear quietly and
>>> unceremoniously).  I lost a lot, mostly because I was too stupid to
>>> stop.
>>> clicked probably 20-30 messages before I really caught on to what was
>>> happening.  After all, it's about the last thing you'd ever expect, that
>>> is
>>> for Outlook 2007 to actually destroy your messages??!!! If it were in my
>>> power, I'd revert to 2003, but I am under corporate (gov actually) rules
>>> that
>>> force me to use 2007.

> No, you have to add each and every one that you cannot see to the list,
> exit
> Outlook and when you go back in the attachments are there.  However, if
> you
> try and open the mail the attachment disappears and adding the sender to
> your safe list will not bring back the attachment.
>
> What a pain in the ass

Nikki I have discovered that the problem seems to lie with the junk mail
filter on Outlook.  When you tag a sender as a safe sender Outlook does not
keep this and you have to do it every time you get a message from that
sender.  I have ticked the box for names in my contacts as being safe
senders buy that does not help.

Is there some way that one can stop his amnesia which Outlook is
experiencing?  I am running Vista Ultimate and Office professional 2007.  Is
the problem not perhaps with some security update which my PC has installed
automatically?

Removing the AV does not resolve the issue.

Thanks

Trevor

0
executor (24)
9/11/2008 5:47:51 PM
> Nikki I have discovered that the problem seems to lie with the junk mail
> filter on Outlook.  When you tag a sender as a safe sender Outlook does
> not keep this and you have to do it every time you get a message from that
> sender.  I have ticked the box for names in my contacts as being safe
> senders buy that does not help.
>
> Is there some way that one can stop his amnesia which Outlook is
> experiencing?  I am running Vista Ultimate and Office professional 2007.
> Is the problem not perhaps with some security update which my PC has
> installed automatically?

The settings are persistent - something is wrong with your system.

when you close outlook verify its not left running in task manager, process
tab. It may take up to 2 min for outlook.exe to disappear. If it stays
longer, something is keeping it open. This is one cause of settings that
don't stick.

A corrupt profile is another. Make a new profile in control panel, mail. Do
not copy the existing profile - make a new one and let it make a new pst.
See if it works better.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

> "Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Again I will point out that Outlook does NOT delete the attachments.
>> There is another program running on your system that is doing this.
>> You need to contact your System Administrator and find out if it is
>> an AV (Anti-Virus) program that is removing these items.
>>
>> Nikki
>>
>> "Trevor" <executor@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
>> "Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Now that the person has been added to the Safe Sender List
>>> did you get your other attachments back?
>>>
>>> Nikki
>>>
>>> "Trevor" <executor@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What I discovered was if I right clicked on the message and then
>>> selected
>>> junk mail and selected the add sender to safe sender list.  Exit Outlook
>>> and
>>> when you go back in the attachment is available.  There should be some
>>> way
>>> to turn this quirk in Outlook off.
>>>
>>> ?????
>>>
>>> "Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> No, you have to add each and every one that you cannot see to the list,
>> exit
>> Outlook and when you go back in the attachments are there.  However, if
>> you
>> try and open the mail the attachment disappears and adding the sender to
>> your safe list will not bring back the attachment.
>>
>> What a pain in the ass

> Nikki I have discovered that the problem seems to lie with the junk mail
> filter on Outlook.  When you tag a sender as a safe sender Outlook does
> not keep this and you have to do it every time you get a message from that
> sender.  I have ticked the box for names in my contacts as being safe
> senders buy that does not help.
>
> Is there some way that one can stop his amnesia which Outlook is
> experiencing?  I am running Vista Ultimate and Office professional 2007.
> Is the problem not perhaps with some security update which my PC has
> installed automatically?
>
> Removing the AV does not resolve the issue.
>
> Thanks
>
> Trevor

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Microsoft Money 2006 shuts down when i click on the "Bills" tab
Anyone have a problem similar to mine? It's a tad bit frustrating! I've tried reinstalling Money and tried repairing files. Nothing seems to work. I just saw this article in the knowledge base... maybe it will help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;900969 "Money 2006 unexpectedly quits without an error message when you click the Bills tab" "Blazio" wrote: > Anyone have a problem similar to mine? It's a tad bit frustrating! > > I've tried reinstalling Money and tried repairing files. Nothing seems > to work. &g...

Recall Messages on Different Clients
Hi everyone, I just have a query about Message Recalling. I haven't actually used it much but today I just have. I have attempted to recall a message and later found out that the recipient's client is Apple Mail. Do any of you know if Apple Mail supports message recalling, or if it is unique to Outlook, and if my message is likely to be recalled. Thanks is advance, Hamish Robertson. Message recall is specific to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail s...

error in receiving messages.
I started getting an error message last night when I tryed to set my emails, and am still getting the same message this morning. The message is as follows The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E What so I need to do. Thanks, Bill "bransn1" <bransn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:774E5DA8-C0DB-4354-8C35-A8482F1876EA@microsoft.com... >I started getting an error message last n...

Error Message #7
I Get a Error message saying "Not enough system resources to display porperly" when i try to open my excel 2002 Program. What can i do to work in my excel??? But i can access to some level but this error message keeps on coming on the screen.. If you have other programs open at the same time, try starting Excel with them closed.........could be you need more RAM Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Naresh h" <Naresh h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0EC63C-8992-483C-9CAD-2DF264A394E1@microsoft.com... > I Get a Error message saying "Not enou...

outbox message will not send or delete
In outbox I have a file with a video clip in windows media. It will not send and I can not delete. Dialog box says outlook has already begun sending. thanks for any help ...

Duplicate messages from Inbox
Hello, I'm using OL2003 and have a large number of duplicate e-mail messages in my Inbox, mostly as a result of interrupted downloads. Is there any easy way (without using expensive third party tools) to remove these easily? Thanks Hello Sitara, please check your Email Rules. This mistake will be there if you have more than one Rules set on one email. "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#H03#spOEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using OL2003 and have a large number of duplicate e-mail messages in my >...

Error Message after exporting MS Access Table
I receive the below error message when I export a table from a Microsoft Access database to the Microsoft Word Merge format: “The data being exported does not match the format described in the Schema. ini file.” Microsoft Access database is in .mdb format. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201002/1 The main cause behind the above error message is that when you export the table for the first time, the field names of the table for the Microsoft Word Merge format get saved in the Schema.ini file. A schema.ini (schema i...

Importing backup messages .mbx to any new Outlook version
Hi, I have a complete folder from winnt\profiles... \outlook with messages that I need to import to outlook. I have always had problems importing files. These extensions are .mbx . they completely differ from the inbox.dbx or sent items.dbx I used before. I cant quite remember if it was MS outlook or Outlook Express, but I need to import these files, give input, anything, all. Now im using Outlook Express 6, and can get MS outlook installed. Please respond ASAP, these files are from 99. ...

new and reply messages trapped in OUTBOX
outlook 2003 test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their problem. when I create a message and hit send button it goes to OUTBOX. hitting send all and send/receive all has no effect. Try the troubleshooting steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291613 If that doesn't work for you, please post back. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "stevsail" wrote: > outlook 2003 > test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their > problem. > ...

message 'hyperlink can be harmful warning..etc...'
When I clink on a 'hyperlink' within an Excel Spreadsheet, the following warning comes up..... "Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data. To protect your computer, click only those hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want to continue?" I would like to know how to STOP this message from coming up...[I know the dangers I dont wish to have to click on Yes or No every time I click a link] I share your frustration, but as yet I have found no way to keep MS from protecting us from ourselves with this "feature". Macro Security Level has no effect,...

location of pst/contact information
I was running outlook 2000 on win 98se -- the computer died, so I pull the hard drive and put in a usb containter -- I need to copy the outlook info ( mail, contacts ) from the drive that is now a usb drive to my new computer running xp and outlook 2003 -- where would the data be on the old drive? Don't recall for Windows 98 but look for a hidden file with the = extension .pst. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratch...

my free 60 day trial won't let me send messages-stuck in outbox?
emails are stuck in outbox-when I open and try to switch to a folder and then send that doesn't work either. hmm?? You must activate the trial version of Office to get it to work. Then you need to set up your accounts properly. Get the settings for your ISP's servers from them. You cannot use Outlook for free HTTP mail accts. "starj1900" wrote: > emails are stuck in outbox-when I open and try to switch to a folder and then > send that doesn't work either. hmm?? "starj1900" <starj1900@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96AE86...

Accessing outlook pst files from multiple machines
How can I access my pst file from more than one machine simultaneously? I do this at work all the time, why can't I do it at home? pst files can't be access by two or more machines at the same time. (the messaging system opens the files for exclusive use so no other machine can open the file at the same time.) perhaps at work you are using an exchange server and not a personal folders file. "Rob" <rob@lounsbury.net> wrote in message news:147ba01c4450f$1cbb9d20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I access my pst file from more than one machine > simultaneously? I ...

When start Outlook, it doesn't prompt for the password for PST file.
How to get the "Password for Personal Folder Dialog Box" to appear when Outlook starts. ...

Read a file when click a push button
Hello, I need use CStdioFile to open a file and read some texts to a string, and then convert the string to an integer number, when I click a push button. The program can be compiled and linked properly, but it can't be run. The code is followed. The InputData.txt file has been created both in the debug directory and in the same directory as *.cpp files. void CImagesView::OnPushButtonClicked () { char *s =" "; int delay = 0; //Create a CStdioFile df CStdioFile df; if( df.Open( "InputData.txt", CFile::modeRead) ){ try{ //Go to the...

Outlook Express--unable to view attachments
Apologies in advance; I normally use Outlook. In OE6 (win me), when a message is received with an attachment (such as a pdf), OE is automatically stripping it off and claiming that it is unsafe. Any assistance on pointing me to the appropriate setting to change to stop this behavior would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tools->Options->Security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives and finding no answer, John <rnunezm@att.net> asked: | Apologies in advance; I normally use Outlook. In O...

Want to chnage the color of tab button in TabCtrl when clicked
I am trying to change the only the tab button of a tab control when clicked(not the entire background color ). I was succesfull in changing the background color of a tabcontrol. Now I want to change only the tab color to orange when its clicked. I need to handle this in onEraseBkgnd,but could not. Pls advise. BOOL CMyTabctrl::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default if(m_tabPages[m_tabCurrent]->GetFocus()) { CBrush backBrush(RGB(54, 21, 21)); //orange // Save old brush. CBrush* pOldBrush = pDC->SelectObject(&backBrush); ...

Lost messages
Yesterday I foolishly deleted my Outlook profile, now restored, but all previous messages have been lost. Can they be recovered? -- Best regards, Hywel Search for file(s) with a .PST file extension. (Note: Remember to turn on the ability to look in hidden/system folders as the default storage location for .pst file types are marked this way under your OS user profile.) "Hywel Thomas" <hywelthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:876C5E00-EE71-40E2-9863-58B3CF2D9D79@microsoft.com... > Yesterday I foolishly deleted my Outlook profile, now ...

Unable to import a pst file
I exported a pst file. Rebuilt the laptop. I then tried to import the pst file but got the "Properties for this Information Service must be defined prior to use." followed by the error message "...You do not have the permissions ..." I have made sure that the file is not read only but I still get the error. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Make sure the file is not marked as read only and that you have read/write permissions on it. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP C...

Defining Location of IMAP PST FIle
I'm using Outlook 2003 with IMAP> Is it possible to change the location of the PST file that IMAP uses? There doesn't seems to be an option. I still have my current PST file with all my data (contacts, tasks, etc) as I want to keep that local. Thank you. Shawn The imap data file is still a pst, therefore it should still be located on the local pc as MS doesnt support the use of a pst elsewhere. If you mean you want to access imap on another outlook installation, simply setup imap on that installation, what you see on one PC will be replicated on the other pc "srm"...

Message preview on IMAP-account
Hi. It is impossible for me to remove preview of a message in inbox-view in an IMAP-account. This is Outlook XP/2002, and when I choose View and uncheck the "Automatic preview", it disappear, but when I go into another folder an back, it is still there. Any hints anyone? Best regards Jan Henrik Try going to Views, Current view, Define view and changing the IMAP view by selecting it's name (not <current view>) and choosing modify. This seems to stick pretty good for me. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, On...

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

Message Size Limits #2
Can anyone tell me how to configure my Exchange 2003 server so that there is a default incoming/outgoing size limit of 5 MB, but I can override this on a user by user basis? I have set the global settings with a 5 MB limit which will apply to all users and then I brought up my account in ADUC and entered in 10 MB for the sending/receiving limit. Should this override the global limit? However, when I go to send a 7 MB email attachment nothing happens - it goes directly into my Badmail folder skipping the outbound SMTP queue. I don't ever even get an NDR back. Any ideas? Hi Mark, Hop...

attachments #26
In the last month or so I have experienced trouble with attachments in Outlook. How do I set outlook to allow all attachments? Norton will trap virus files. I'm willing to bet the problem isn't Outlook (I'm assuming we're talking about Outlook and not OE), it's either your internet settings or, more likely, the antivirus settings. Control panel - Internet Options - Security - Custom. Then allow whatever is being trapped. But IMHO, the real problem is Norton. It's interpreting things you don't think are problems as possible viruses. It's probably also s...

Detach File Attachment into shared folder
Is there any way, i can detach file attachment of incoming mail and drop the file to certain folders using MS Outlook 2002? Expert Please advice! TQ You can do this by means on an Add-in from Sperry Software; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Attachment-Save.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack ...