attachments in rich text

i cannot send attachments in rich text, why?

Don't know.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Andy asked:

| i cannot send attachments in rich text, why?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
10/5/2004 6:37:33 AM
Rich text needs to be supported by the receiving mail client and mailserver
as well. Otherwise you'll end up with a winmail.dat attachment or nothing at
all.
For more info see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/richtext.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Andy" <andrewggoldman@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>i cannot send attachments in rich text, why?

0
Roady
10/5/2004 6:44:35 AM
What happens when you try?

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr
Microsoft OneNote FAQ:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Andy" <andrewggoldman@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>i cannot send attachments in rich text, why?

0
bens1 (1425)
10/5/2004 6:46:29 AM
Andy <andrewggoldman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> i cannot send attachments in rich text, why?

Do you mean you can't send them or that the recipients can't see them?  If
the latter, it's probably because only another Outlook can read Rich Text
and your recipients aren't using Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Shrinking Text
Hi everybody, in our Office (Word) 2007 application, WTS 2008x64, the following happens (for some - not all- users): A text is written and formatted normally and without any problems. The document shall be printed. After the printjob is executed, the chracters of the text lines are compressed to only a few millimeters in width. The font height remains normal. Nothing is legible. This now ocurs on the printed doc as well as on the screen. After the doc is saved and opened in a different session, everything is OK and works well... What can I do? As always, every help and ...

Email attachments #16
I am currently experiencing an Outlook problem where any email attachment I add is automatically compressed into a zip file. I attach WORD documents or PDF files and the recipients receive these files as a .zip file. It has to be a preference problem, but I can't find a way to stop this automatic zipping of files. These same documents can be sent by others using Outlook 2000 without a problem. Has anyone encountered this problem before. thanks You have an add-in installed that does this like attachment compressor as this is not a native function of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaa...

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Text to columns

extract all attachments
Hi I am looking for a freeware soltuion to extracting all attachements from outlook2003 and replacing with a link to the file. WoodyUK See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm and the code samples at: http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=70 http://www.slovaktech.com/code_samples.htm#StripAttachments -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "woodyuk" <woodyuk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1108897893.566...

Text Effects Scrolling or Blinking text
How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to emphasize in a word document. Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text "marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc. I cannot find the any of these features anywhere in Word 2007. "HELP" There is no direct access to them, but they are still available by macro I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007 Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then MsgBox "...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

attachments shown for all incoming mail
All of a sudden I am now showing all incoming mail with an attachment when there actually is none. Any ideas? ...

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

Spiral text
Does anyone know how to create spiral text? In a draw program for sure. You probably can get close in Publisher, but it will not look as good as a draw program can do. Serif has a free program you can try. DrawPlus http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jaykay" <jaykay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71954A65-C46F-4005-9553-B324EFEE7500@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to create spiral text? I've downloaded the program, but can't figur...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

Converting number to text

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

Attachment File Problem
hi my problem is , when i attachment any file to the new mail i can't attachment the file whyyyyyyyyyy i mean when we attachment any file to the mail must be automatic open new filed where it show us the attachnebt file ?????? but it's not happend in my system second problem when i recive any mail whit attachment file it gave me the message "OE REMOVED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENTSIN YOUR MAIL" HELP Pls. thank's You'll need to be a lot more specific if you expect anyone to know what you're talking about - exact error message is? Post it in t...

attachements
I just moved from Outlook Express to Outlook and lost the capability to see attached pictures within the body of the message. Is there anyway to turn this back on so you don't have to physically open each attachement? No there isn't any way, Outlook will only show pictures that are embedded "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:128e101c3f620$1710f700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just moved from Outlook Express to Outlook and lost the > capability to see attached pictures within the body of > the message. Is there anyway to turn thi...

anchor picture to text box
(Publisher 2003) I have a newsletter with a Kudos box. In the corners of the box I have a happy face. I'd like the happy faces to be anchored to their corners so when I enlarge or shorten the box, the faces move along with the text box. Why not create a rectangle, insert the happy faces, group. The problem as I see it would be if you resize, the happy faces could be distorted if you widen or shrink the group. You would always have to re-size proportionally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193...

Text Ticker
Hello Experts i was asked to do a simple project 1-want do a text ticker can be scroll left to right and right to left 2-transparent 3-no flicker 4-has a background image please where can i start and how to do it thank you BitBlt background to offscreen bitmap TextOut to the bitmap with appropriate offset and clipping region BitBlt offscreen bitmap to client area of screen Use a subclassed CStatic joe On 18 Aug 2006 20:59:22 -0700, "Prafulla T" <prafulla.tekawade@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello Experts > >i was asked to do a simple project >1-want do a text tic...