Attachments do not display in preview pane

Does anyone know what would cause the following behavior in Outlook?:

We are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 clients. Users are emailing an
Excel file (but this happens with any type of file) to our purchasing
manager with their orders. Some of the attachments will show up with the
file in the Preview Pane and some of them will only display the paper clip
in the upper right of the header of the preview pane.

Is this a user setting somewhere? I have looked in Outlook but could not
find any option.

I have also tried using Word as the editor and not using Word as the email
editor but that didn't matter.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
kent

Unable to open Attachments (Environment Wide)
Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost on a solution. We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message to the receiver, and then launch the attachment. The attachments are not blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files. The user receives no error. Double clicking the attachmen...

Outlook Won't Send Attachments #2
I recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled all my programs. Everything seems to work just fine, except that attachments in Outlook messages do not seem to get sent. I'm running Symantec AV, but this happens even with the AV software turned off. I've downloaded all the MS updates, both for Office and the OS. I checked with my ISP and they see the messages come through without the attachments. Any ideas? Win XP Pro Office XP Symantec Internet Security / NAV 9.05.15 Thanks in advance for your help. Vic Napier I a, having the same problems. The only difference is that I am...

Attachments are named untitled.bin
Hi there All of a sudden email attachments are renamed "UNTITLED.BIN" on my workstation. If I forward the email to another workstation, the attachments e.g. "MICHAEL.XLS" appears normally. Can anyone help? Thanks Michael ...

Displaying symbols in charts with tables
I am trying to create a chart of percentages with the data table displayed with the dhart in Excel 2003. The problem is that I have some symbols in the table (e.g., <1%), which when charted are treated as text and simply show up as a zero in the data table. I would appreciate any suggestions for getting these symbols to appear correctly in the data table displayed with the chart. Thanks! -Aaron jageorge, Unfortunately, you have very little control over the data tables that appear as an option. You can get around this limitation by using worksheet cells as a data table. This exa...

attaching documents
what is the best way to attach letters to contacts or customers. The letters will be created in word using maail-merge, but there does not seem any easy way to attach the letter to the client. -- Ken Linton Hello Ken, a possible way is to use WordMailMerge Add-On which gives you the possibility to create with a button in MS Word a MS CRM letter activity and attaches the actual document as note to this activity. Additionally the WordMailMerge Add-ON gives you the ability to use custom fields and custom entitis for merging letters with MS CRM Data. If you are interested you could downlo...

Outlook attachments #39
Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000. Specifically .jpg files. It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg does not have a program associated with it for this action. Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory? A search does not show it at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files. I am running WinXP Pro. Any help much appreciated. Geoff It's a temporary folder. Try right clicking on the attachment and save to a real folder that you can find. Then open it. Is your picture editor working OK? Maybe your jpg have be...

Outlook hangs opening mail with Attachments
I have a client rinning Outlook 2003 & Exchange Server 2000. When she tries to open an email with an attachment it takes around 10 to 15 seconds to open. All other email opens just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Displaying a percentage
Sorry if this appears to be a newbie question, but how do I display percentage figure of another cell. Example: A1 �52.89 A2 17.5% of A1 Thank yo -- Timeferre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Timeferret's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1917 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57146 ============================================================= About percentages in Excel Niek Otten, July 26 2006 In Excel, percentages are stored as fractions; 15% i...

Subforms not Displaying
I recently converted an application from an .mdb to a .mdb with linked tables (SQL Server). On my main form, I have several subforms. These subforms show up fine when I'm dealing with existing records, however when I add a new record to the form, the subforms disappear. Any ideas what could cause this? Thanks, Ryan This may help. These subforms all consist of a single combo box. When I open the subform in a new window and switch to Form View (rather than Design View), I get the blank grey background - which would make it appear that the subforms are "disappeared"...

windows mail- vista, error with downloading attachments
When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . What do i have to do? Regards, Antonis You have to, "Create an association in the set associations control panel." Go to Start - Default Programs - "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program&q...

Report that display percentage below certain level
I got a spreadsheet contain inventory number from remote site. I need to run a report to display when inventory below a certain percentage. I try to use privot table to display the infomration. But it doesn't display everything below 40%. Is there anyway you can enter an percentage and display all remote site that below certain percentage (Eample: like 35%) on a report? Thanks. TSS, A pivot table groups like items, and makes a calculation on each group -- not what you need. You need a filter (Excel's way of saying "query" in database parlance). If your table...

Word as email editor and attachment problem
Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I have a custom form published to a public folder and all is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the form fine except for one thing...they can't open attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy. Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine again. Does anyone know the fix for this? Thanks in advance!!! Tyler ...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

Bitmaps' Page Display
How would small bitmaps be displayed on a page of a tab control. The bitmaps would need to be printed out similarly to text, line by line. Each line would contain at least ten small bitmaps.And there could be enough lines to continue past the end the visible tab page. Then a scroll control would be used. Is it possible to do this type of thing. ...

cannot attach files using OWA
Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6) using Outlook Web Access. Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J Johnson asked: | Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot | attach...

WebBrowser Control Displayed Font Size.
In Windows Explorer 7 a menu option is available to change the displayed font size. "View" > "Text Size". Several options are available; "Largest", "Larger", "Medium" etc. Is the functionality available to programmatically adjust the displayed font size in the WebBrowser control? The container for the control is in a Windows form. ...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

Public Folder displays incoming e-mails as Post/Note
I'm trying to change the default form of a mail enabled Public Folder in Exchange 2003. Currently all incoming e-mails to a Public Folder are shown as a Post or Notes. How can I change the default form to be the regular e-mail or message form? Also, it seems I could create another form that could be used for replies. Any references I can use? I read the following article as well as many other posts, however they all refer to an Agent in Exchange 5.5. I'm using Exchange 2003 http://www.winnetmag.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/4855/4855.html Thanks, Greg Maybe ...

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

Automatic display positive or negative
Dear All, pls help me. when I type $ 52.00 on C1, I want C1 display positive $52 or negative ($ 52) , if B1 is positive or negative, I want the entire column C. Exemple : C1 : I type $52, it display for me $52 , because B1 is positive C2 : I type $52, it display for me ($52) , because B2 is negative B C B1 5 $52 B2 (3) ($52) It is possible ? Thank you for your help. This can only be done with VBA and the code below will do it for you. To use the code, open the workbook and go to the sheet you want this to work on and then: Right-click o...

Display public variable in Header
I have page breaks when a variable changes. How can I display what that variable is in the header? Thank you in advance God bless you ...

wrong display name
Why is my messenger displaying my name from web from my Live profile??? I've never checked any box that allows to take name from web. I want to use my custom name that I set in my messenger client. And if I wanted to change my name in Live profile in home.live.com then it refuses to accept special characters that I've been using for years in my messenger client. There is something broken, you know, and please fix it as soon as possible. Thanks! Greetings, There are instances where it can change your name to what's in your live profile in Messenger, but you c...

Displaying Total Word Count on Cover Sheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to display/show the Total Word count of my document on the Cover Page, when I print my document is is there on the Cover Page. How can I do that? Is there an Auto Text or something like that that I can use? Please anyone reply please. You can use Insert> Field to insert the NumWords Field from the Document Information category. However, the field does not update automatically. You need to update it manually by clicking in the field & pressing F9, by Control/Right-Clicking the Field & selecting...

Freezing Panes..
I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select window--> Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just row 1. This is the second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row 1 works fine on sheet 1. Any ideas? Hi there's your cursort located BEFORE you goto this menu option (it has to be in cell A2) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brian wrote: > I want to freeze the top row, but when I select it and select > window--> Freeze Panes, it freezes rows 1 thru 13 instead of just row > 1. This is the second worksheet in my workbook, freeze row ...