attachments #14

When opening email attachments a box should pop up asking
if you would like to open the attachment or save the
attachment. Down the bottom there is a tick box which you
can tick so that attachments will automatically open and
it will no longer ask you. Well i have accidentally ticked
the box and want to get it back.I cannot for the life of
me work out how to do it? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks
Aly
0
alysonh (1)

Outlook Temporarily Freezes on Messages with Attachments
I am experiencing a problem that I believe is related to Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 handling of attachments. While in the my main mail folder viewing a message with no attachment with the preview pane open, and I try to arrow down to the next message (old and previously viewed) Outlook will freeze for about 30 seconds before displaying the message (even in offline mode). I don't believe that the message attachment is being re-downloaded, and I'm sure that the attachment is in the local cache, so I don't know what's going on. I have searched the groups for a possible rea...

Automatically download attached images for emails
When I receive an email that has embedded graphics, say, a note from an Ebayer advising you of an item, the graphics aren't downloaded. I have to right click and manually download them. I understand that this is for security so you don't download viruses, trojans, etc.. However the email account that I use doesn't receive spam so this isn't an issue. I tried to find the option to allow the images to automatically be displayed but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone advise, please? "Snapper" wrote in message news:47e8a846$0$16297$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... ...

Email attachments
When I try to open a PDF with Adobe reader 9.2 in windows mail. I get a pop-up that says " no program associated." I checked in the defaults and adobe is the default program.....? So I am not sure why it is sending up the warning. If I download everything to the desktop and then open it works. Any ideas? See http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html JH wrote: > When I try to open a PDF with Adobe reader 9.2 in windows mail. I get a > pop-up that says " no program associated." I checked in t...

Quick campaign with attachements
Is it possible to add attachements for a quick campaign with email? Last time I checked it was not possible. I think a simple solution would be to put your attachments on a public facing website and then supply an email link in your email blast which the users can click on to download the attachment. Scott www.easiintl.com Beat Kammerlander wrote: > Is it possible to add attachements for a quick campaign with email? ...

Attachments and messages remain open.
I have one user experiencing this problem in Outlook 07 Sp1. She'll open an attachment or an Outlook mail Message saved on the network -- and the first time she opens it, it'll open fine. Then she closes it by clicking the 'X', and it's no longer visible. However, then if she tries to open it again, forward the message, or anyone else tries to open the file on the network -- it claims that she still has the file open. Any thoughts on the issue causing this? Thanks ...

Can't open .eml attachment
I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 with Windows XP. I can't open attachments with the ".eml" suffix. Any ideas? Outlook Express can read .eml files - Outlook can't. Can you ask the sender to include the text of the forwarded message in the body of their message, not as an attachment? Larry wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 with Windows XP. > > I can't open attachments with the ".eml" suffix. > > Any ideas? ...

How to make a form send as an attachment, rather than embedded in the body?
Hi Guys/Gals, Not sure if this is possible, but I have a form I need to modify. The "send" button in the form embeds the form data in the body of the email. Is it possible to have the form data included as an attachment? The form is an .oft with no macros or programming done (all designed using the GUI tools present there). All help is appreciated. Thanks. Fill in the form, then save as something other than an .oft. Then = insert as file into the message when composing. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All un...

OWA 2003
hello, i am considering using OWA 2003 for my primary email client (im on the road quite a bit), but i have one problem i havent figured out yet -- how can i forward messages as attachments, and not as inline text? for instance, when i use my NetAddress.com webclient (@usa.net), i can select "forward as attachment" and pass a message on to another Outlook user, and it will appear as a mail message attachment for that person, which can then be dragged into an appropiate folder in that user's Outlook. but, when i try this from OWA (running Exchange 2003 server), the forwarded me...

Can't Drag and drop attachment onto Desktop???
Hello, I have a problem where I can't Copy and Paste or Drag a WORD, EXCEL or .TXT file attachment onto the Desktop from Outlook 2002 SP2 email message.. Laptop has Windows 2000... I get some " An error occurred while copying the file"... and vola... nothing on the desktop??? I could however do copy-and-paste/drag and drop an embedded message which was an attachment to the desktop!!! Weird... Ctrl C / Ctrl V doesn't work either... Other than that, I can copy and paste / drag and drop in Windows Explorer fine...??? What I've tried to do to fix problem is: *Ran De...

searching for attachments
I am an exchange admin. i want to know if there is a way that i can search all the emails in my company that have attachments. also can i set up a rule in exchange that would delete any email that has an attachment after 3 months? thanks. On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:41:01 -0700, nathan <nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am an exchange admin. i want to know if there is a way that i can search >all the emails in my company that have attachments. also can i set up a rule >in exchange that would delete any email that has an attachment after 3 >months? thanks. You ar...

Attach Sales Literature while emailing a contact
Does anyone know how I can attach the Sales Literature to the email when emailing a contact from within Microsoft CRM 4.0 If I cannot it does not make much sense to store them in CRM in first place. Thanks As far as I know, it can't be done using standard functionality. I've never even seen it done using custom programming. Remember, Sales Literature records have attachments themselves, and they could have multiple attachments, so I'm not sure how it would be done. You might be better off having a file share or SharePoint document library to do what you want. Michael...

File attachments #2
Hello, My org is converting to exchange from groupwise and we plan on adding quotas for both mailbox and file attachments. We are trying to find a third party provider that allows larger file attachment via FTP that would intergrate into exchange/outlook by including a link in the email as to where to download the file from. Do any of you have any suggestions on where to look? I've tried to google it, but I have been unable to locate any services like i've described. Thanks in advance! Bump please.. "CJS" wrote: > Hello, > > My org is converting to excha...

Outlook 2002, HOW TO MAINTAIN ABSOLUTE LINK OF OUTGOING ATTACHMENTS
I TRY SO SEND AN EMAIL WITH ATTACHED FILE WHICH CARRIES LINKS TO OTHER FILES FOR FURTHER REFERENCE INFORMATION. HOWEVER, RECIPIENTS CANNOT OPEN THE LINKED FILES, BECAUSE OUTLOOK APPLIES RELATIVE ADDRESS ON MY LINKS AND CHANGE THE LOCATION OF ORIGINAL FILES. THE PROCESS CAN BE SEEN AS FOLLOWING STEPS: 1/ BEFORE SENDING MY EMAIL WITH ATTACHED FILES, OUTLOOK COPIES ATTACHED FILES FROM THEIR BASE LOCATION TO: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Temp. 2/ THEN OUTLOOK SENDS THE ATTACHED FILES FROM THE NEW LOCATION WHICH AFFECTS AND CHANGE THE ADDRESSES OF THE LINKS IN ...

Missing Attachments in E-mails after Repair of Priv.edb
All: I've searched all posts about getting back a data store and have seen some good advice, but my situation is a little different. Here's my scenario: We have an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 Server. It is also our Domain Controller, DHCP Server and DNS Server. I know having an Exchange Server as your Domain Controller is a no-no, but I inherited this network a few months ago. Our Exchange data store, Priv.edb was at 14.8 Gigabytes and we were getting some weird errors in the Event log so we had planned to defrag the data store. Over the Christmas break, a ...

Live Mail Ver. 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726)
This version will not remember my login information (Username and Password) even when I have the box checked. This is getting to be a real pain. I have Ver. 2008 (Build 12.0.1606) on my laptop and it works great! Any help with this problem would be appreciated. -- eddo Just to be certain.. Username and Password applies to a Live ID or an email account ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "eddo" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:8bd9a263ced4be607d7868d3001a48f2@nntp-gateway.com... > > This version will not remember my login informatio...

path to attach db
SQL Express 2008 When attempting to attach a db I can only see a path of user/username and then the mdf has to be in that folder. I'd like to drill down deeper. How can I do that? Thanks for your help. On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 05:50:39 -0500, "SAC" <sac@somewhere.com> wrote: >SQL Express 2008 > >When attempting to attach a db I can only see a path of user/username and >then the mdf has to be in that folder. I'd like to drill down deeper. > >How can I do that? > >Thanks for your help. If it not totally clear what yo...

Saving as PDF 01-14-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I tyr to save a Word document that has section breaks as a PDF it is saved as multiple PDFs. How can I suppress this and have it save as one PDF? <br><br>Thanks On 2010-01-14 13:47:13 -0500, gagarcia@officeformac.com said: > When I tyr to save a Word document that has section breaks as a PDF it > is saved as multiple PDFs. How can I suppress this and have it save as > one PDF? There is no workaround for this in Word itself, but you can use either Acrobat (Pro) or even Pre...

Attachments.
I have a user that send out news releases. In her news releases she include a word file that is the actual story and two .jpg pictures. Every so often and more so recently than ever when she attach these files and hit the send button the .jpg files are turned into .doc files. They show up in the recipients mailbox as a word file and not a .jpg file. Of course when the recipient click on the file it shows up as a lot of none sense text and opens in word instead of using one of the imaging programs to open the file. Anyone ever seen this problem or know the anser to it please post it ...

auto moving attachments to a folder ?
I get a lot of attachments from people e-mailed to me which takes up room on my C drive. Is there a way with Microsoft Outlook to move attachments in a folder. I was hoping to setup a filter that I could turn off and on to do this but there does not seem to be a command in the filter for this except for creating a script file. What I'd like to do is move attachments that are put into an outlook folder called Richard into a folder on the hard drive called Richard. How do others deal with this problem? Regards Brian Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote: > I get a lot of attachments...

Sending exel attachment
I want to send an Exel attachment to an email. I would like for the recipient to see it as it appears in Print Preview however it is coming up as the spreadsheet with gridlines et al. Can anyone help me correct this? Thank you. -- Jmurph Thanks for your response Ron. I'm still having trouble with how it is viewed when opened. I would like it to open as it appears in Print Preview with no gridlines or other workbook features that show up. "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi Jay > > If you do it manual see : > > Excel 2002 HOW TO: Use the "Send To" M...

Can get to any attachments through Exchange 2003 OWA
I have seen article 555001. I am getting the following when trying to access the following files through OWA, they are .pdf, .doc, and .ppt. The error is: HTTP 403 Forbidden You are not authorized to view this page -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Hello Eric, Thank you for requesting support for Exchange Server. Before we go any further, would you please help to collect the following information? 1. Accorfding to our previously-handled cases, this issue may be related to WatchGuard Firewall or other firewall/antivirus which may filter out non-secure items. If you have installed such ...

OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments"
Recently began receiving msg "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc." What's causing this? I am comfortable with these attachments and want to access them. How do I turn off this function, and how do I access attachments removed by this function? Happening on both Win 98 and XP Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to disable this feature in Outlook Express, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partne...

Possible to attach a sound file to table entries?
I have created a music database and would like to be able to hear a sound byte of the music when I view the titles. Is it possible to include or attach a soundbyte to db records? If so how is it done? I can create individual sound files of approximately 10 seconds, but once it is done I would need to know how to link or attach them to the db entries; preferably in a form that I have already created for the music database. Lee Hi Lee There are many answer to this question on this forum but (probably) the most complete is by Jeff Conrad. Have a look at it and the links he has supplied ...

Enable postings to attach files in question
I suggest that the website enable us to include attachments so that the problems we are experiencing could perhaps be easier to resolve if someone with a solution or a suggestion could actually look at the file in question. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Attachment in Outlook 2000 split up and sent in various mails
Hi, Does anyone know the solution to this nifty problem? When I attach a file, say Word, to a mail and send it, the mail is always received as 5, 6, or 7 mails with distorted attachments. I have had a lot of complaints from recepiants. I am using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP with all Office and XP SPs as well as all security fixes from Windows Update and Office Update. I have been told it's related to a MIME/Exploit. If this is true, I do not have a fix for it. Can anyone help? Cheers Micheal ...