Attachment Size #2

Hi !

Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20
outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20
are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20
Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20
change or something else....)

I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20
Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20
trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20
hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20
don=B4t look an the size of their attachments.

So the Mail is going through our WAN over 64kb Lines to=20
the Mailserver (Exchange2000) an then it go back to the=20
User=B4s Workstation or Laptop with the Message on it that=20
it=B4s too big....

I want to stop that on the Client directly if possible to=20
save time (cause it lasts very long to transfer forth and=20
back), space (on the mailbox/mailserver) and my nerves=20
(cause i explained them 1000 times to look at the size)...

Any assistance is very wellcome

Light
..

0
anonymous (74722)

Format text for "mark my comments with..." #2
Is there a way to format the font & colour of the text I may type into the body of an existing email in Outlook 2003? I have switched the option on so that the comments are flagged with my initials but I wanted them more prevalent by being able to format the colour of the text. At the moment its a manual task. With Word as the editor: Open Word, choose Tools | Options | General tab ... Email Options button ... you can choose the Font in when "Replying or Forwarding messages" -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Greg J" <frog66@flashmail.com> wrote in message news:11246865...

Address Book #2
Can anybody guide me to a template for address book records? I need something straightforward. Hi John, File, Export, Other Address Book You can open the file you create in Excel. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Saxman" <john.h.williamsREMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:dhbest$bsk$2@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... > Can anybody guide me to a template for address book records...

customerrelationship #2
Question: A Contact has 3 associated Accounts. How to migrate these records into CRM?(from Excel) Because each contact can only be associated with 1 account/contact, so I have to think if it is possible to migrate into customerrelationship(1 Contact->Multi Accounts)? Thank you! you can use the Relationship Roles in Accounts "Jim Wang" <JimWang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52B32F35-B042-4A26-A103-1C36E2DFA9C6@microsoft.com... > Question: A Contact has 3 associated Accounts. How to migrate these > records > into CRM?(from Excel) > > ...

Running 2 Versions of Publisher
I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002 install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn I ...

Exchange Administrator #2
Hey, I just installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. But when i open up Exchange Adminstrator, I keep on getting this error message, how do i fix this problem? Error: Title: Microsoft Exchange Administrator Message: A Connection could not be made to the microsoft exchange server computer 'EXCH'. The Microsoft exchange server computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_Communications_Problem You use Exchange System Manager, and ADUC - not Exchange Administrator, to manage E2000/2003. Did you have a 5.x server before? erbeh wrote: > Hey, >...

insert worksheet #2
The default for inserting a new worksheet is to the left. Is there a way to have worksheets inserted to the right? Hi Sue in VBA you could use the following macro: sub insert_after() ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add After:=ActiveSheet end sub you may apply a button to this macro. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sue wrote: > The default for inserting a new worksheet is to the left. > Is there a way to have worksheets inserted to the right? put this macro in your personal.xls file and attach it to a keyboard shortcut or toolbar button. Public Sub InsertSheetToRight() ...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

execl to lotus 1-2-3 conversion #2
I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert Excel file to Lotus format Regards, ...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

Can not empty clipboard #2
I have started getting a strange message in several of my MAC Office products including Word and Excel that says Can Not Empty Clipboard. I also can not copy and paste in any program including Safari. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks harper6702 Reboot and then run Disk Utility Repair Permissions. The clipboard is a file. I suspect it has overflowed or become corrupted. The reboot may take a long time: during a reboot, Unix cleans out its temporary files, and that may fix the issue... If it doesn't, I have no idea :-) On 16/11/06 2:17 PM, in article 1163647035.202984.70550@m73g2...

A program is trying to access e-mail #2
When I hit new or reply I get this box saying, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Symantec says it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says its a security patch sp3? How do I stop this dam message from poping up???? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated follow...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

Office 2011 #2
Want to say that I'm impressed with 2011. Many things on my wish list were done to improve older versions�the tiny Style window in Word is better than the Windows version, Outlook doesn't make you scroll though a long list of fonts to get to what you want, and the software plays better with the Mac OS. I use Office for Windows 2003, 2007, and 2010 and Office for Mac 2004 and 2011. My preference is on the Mac side but I get my work done with all versions. Thank you MS. ...

Help with Lookup #2
I have an excel worksheet that has approximately 20,000+ records. I would like to classify these recorded based on two columns. The first column's name is "YB Description" and the other is "Sold Date". The YB column mainly contains 4 digit numerical values, with approximately 300-400 records that are text, ie. "classified", "not verified", "public use". The Sold Date column is pretty self-explanatory, all the records are dates with the following formatting - M/D/Y. What I would like to do is create a third column called YB/Sold that classi...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

2 Questions about Exchange 2003.
These are quesions from a practice test. I know nothing of Exchange servers. 1)I created a user 2 months ago and he did not need to have an email address. He has recently taken a job that required me to give an email address. Ho would I do that without deleting and recreating his account?(the mail server used is Exchange 2003) 2)My company is merging with another company and I need to configure my Exchange 2003 server to now accept email from the domain newdomain.com. Please list the steps that needs to be done to ensure that exchange will recieve email for that domain. Thanks for the...

Saving Attachments Default Setting
Whenever I save attachments to emails in Outlook Express it always defaults to My Documents File. This is very tiresome as this is not the file I want to use. Everytime I save attachements I have to browse for the correct file. I am sure it used to remember the file you last used and default to that but since I installed an update a couple of months ago it just goes back to My Documents. Help! ...

can not save or view attachments
I can seem to be able to save or view attachments the reason is that it greyed out what do i do to ungrey it?? Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

how to change the Font size and color of a static text control in dialog
New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as labels. I need to apply different font size and colors to them. How should I achieve that? Tony See the examples given at the following web sites. http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/ http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/index.shtml -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OL99Bi9SDHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as > labels. ...

Can't send attachments #3
Whenever I try to send any attachment, Outlook 2003 won't finish the send 'task'. There are no other programs running that would restrict this. Messages without Attachments send OK though. How can I fix this? ...

2 exchange servers/2 different sites/1 domain
I have 2 sites, NY/MN, both need to use the same domain name for mail (pm.com), both will be in the same Active Directory forest, I want to have an Exchange server in both locations, the 2 sites are connected via VPN, the mx record for mail going to user@pm.com gets routed into the NY Exchange server, my question is, knowing they will each have a seperate server, running seperate databases, how will mail going to MNuser@pm.com get delivered to the mailboxes in MN? This is possible isn't it? Thanks-Dan Fox If both servers are in the same Exchange site, then the mail that is addre...

Size of Data input mask
How can I change the size of an Excel Input Mask? Do you mean you want to limit (or even check) the number of characters in a cell when the user is entering data? If yes, take a look at Data|Validation|Settings tab|Allow Text Length If no, then you may want to clarify your question more. Juerg Rohner wrote: > > How can I change the size of an Excel Input Mask? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Personal address book #2
How do you add an address to a Personal address book? Thank you, Lembro See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03a201c3980c$51911d00$a301280a@phx.gbl, Lembro wrote: > How do you add an address to a Personal address book? > > Thank you, > Lembro ...

Looking for FAX software FREE TRIAL
Hi... This is slightly off the NEWS topic, but I have spent 4 days searching this. I desperately need to fax something and have no options. I had fax stuff on my PC, but that PC is gone. I have an iMAC OS 9.2.2 and a good Epson scanner... but no fax software for this computer. is there any FREE TRIAL software for my system that is FULLY FUNCTIONAL TO TRY ? Please help as soon as you can... Thanks in advance, Kimi You'd be best off searching the web via google or somesuch, though someone may come along with a suggestion. Try different combinations of varying phrases, here's ...