Attachment Selection

When composing a new mail message there are buttons to use
to select the following:
To:  Cc: and Bcc: as well as a box to type in the Subject.
We used to have an additional button to select a file to
ATTACH to the message as well.  And the attached files
would appear in the message header.  That option has
disappeared, and we can now only INSERT using the Insert
on the Menu or the Paperclip; with the inserted files
appearing within the body of our message.  We would like
to be able to have the Attachment Selection button and box
back.  Why is it no longer available, and how can be get
it back?
Thanks.
We are using Outlook 2002 with all Service Packs and
Patches up to date.
0
rharris1 (1)

In Outlook go to Tools > Options > Mail Format.   In
Message format section use either HTML or Plain text.   I
don't get the 'attach.' button until after I include at
least one attachment.

selection box
I am working with a spreadsheet a predecessor made. It has what appears to be a drop down box in one spreadsheet which places the value selected in another sheet. The cell where the data shows up does not have a formula associated with it. The drop down box does not look like the standard validation drop down box. It shows the last selection and has a large down arrow that is always displayed. I checked the sheet for macro's and did not find any. I would think one of the other posts may cover this but I am not sure what "category" to search for since it is not acting...

Changing Express 6 "save attachments" default location
Recently upgraded to outlook express 6. Previously we had a default folder on another server for saving attached files. Now the default location is in the user folder/documents bla bla bla... and I have to navigate to where I want the attached files saved. How do I change the default location? ...

Select Case Syntax
Greetings, I am trying to use a select case statement where the case is every 7th number. In a For/Next loop it would be written: For i = 14 to 42 step 7 ... Next i How would you do that for Select Case? Anyone help will be appreciated. -Minitman Dim d As Double d = num / 7 If Int(num / 7) <> d Then d = -1 Select Case d Case 2: Case 3 etc, to Case 6 Case -1: ' not a multiple of 7 Case Else: ' some other multiple of 7 End Select Regards, Peter T "Minitman" <steve@minitmaidsofaustin.com> wrote in message ne...

HTML Attachment
In my website, I have this PHP form based that sends me emails in HTML format. I am using Outlook 2000. While we were in Exchange 5.5, the HTML emails I was getting, it was fine. but ever since we've upgraded to Exchange 2003, the HTML emails comes as attachment instead. is this something in Exchange 2003 or something in outlook I can reconfigure to allow the HTML email not be as attachments anymore? Thanks sean <nosean@noemail.gmail.com> wrote: > In my website, I have this PHP form based that sends me emails in HTML > format. > > I am using Outlook 2000. While...

OL2000: level 3 attachments open confirmation
Where in the registry can one modify whether Outlook 2000 (SP-3) prompts the user for opening or saving an attachment for a given file extension? (Note that I'm talking strictly about (security) level 3 attachments here. For example, now when I double click a .doc attachment, it is automatically opened, because previously I checked a box that said I shouldn't be asked again in the future. How would I get the prompt back?) Thanks, Ivan Actually, this seems to be the "Confirm open after download" setting for any file type. This setting seems to affect IE as well as Outlook...

Problem sending large attachment
Want to send a 27mb file by email, but cannot... Outlook sent it yesterday, but then would not do it again. Very irritating. I cannot see what to do to change this....any ideas please? I use Windows XP, Outlook 2003 and BT internet. Thanks "Julie" <poohsnews@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:5tSdnff3fP4BL7zUnZ2dnUVZ8sXinZ2d@bt.com... > Want to send a 27mb file by email, but cannot... Outlook sent it > yesterday, but then would not do it again. Very irritating. > I cannot see what to do to change this....any ideas please? > I use Windows XP, Outlook 2003 ...

How do you select acct to display in calendar
My wife and I are new to Money (using Money 2002). We have set up a couple of bank accounts (personal and business) but when we go to Calendar, it shows the bills and deposits on our personal account. How do we switch it to show the bills and deposits on our business account instead? Many thanks. ...

Uploading file attachments
Hello, I want to allow some users to upload attachments that would only be accessible to them. So I created a custom entity restricted to their security role. How can I add functionality to allow them to upload file attachments to this new entity? Hope this makes sense if not please let me know. Thanks, Mohamed Hi, When you are creating entities. There is option to enable notes or activites for that entity. There if you select notes than you have the feature of file upload for that entity. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Kh...

drop down list should remember selection.
Hi, I have list on names on my first sheet in A column, on sheet2 i have list of products with names. How can i create drop-down list for each name, so that i can select items from the list from second sheet, also drop-down list should remember maded selection for each name. Is it possible? Thank you in advance. Peter Sounds like a job for Data Validation http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/data-validation.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43F04864-01E6-4995-92E0-7840541D60D4@mic...

Select the last cell?
In my macro how can I select the last cell in B Column that has data in it? -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. > In my macro how can I select the last cell in B Column that has data in it? It depends on your version. Either Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Select or Range("B16384").End(xlUp).Select http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;148355 Rgds, Andy cells(rows.count,2).End(xlup).Select -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Bob" <enter_address@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c0pfp3$aa4$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >...

Sorting multidimensional tables/multiple selections
I have several big matrices (1200*50) on different worksheets. It is a time-series data, so row headings are dates and column headings are firms. Cells are stock earnings, every worksheet using a different principle for calculating them. I need to sort this data like this: every row (daily revenues) in the first matrix (1. worksheet) in a descending/ascending order and all the other matrices should sort accordingly. This is because I need for example the smallest five values from the first matrice's rows and then the according values of those five firms from the other matrices. So I sh...

Opening Outlook Attachments with different viewer
When I open an attachment (.jpg) in Outlook, (Windows XP) it opens with JASC Paint Shop Photo Album - really annoying How can I change this default and have .jpg files open with a different program Open My Computer, select Tools | Folder Options | File Types Scroll through the list and select the entry for JPG file types Select Change Pick a different program -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Hank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

level 1 file attachments
I want to be able to recieve access databases from some people. Usually i get round the file attachment thing by getting the sender to zip but not all people have zip. can i take the .mdb attachment off of the level 1 security See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. "Angie Stokes" <angie@beebosoft.net> wrote in message news:062a01c34f6b$68888be0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to be able to recieve access databases from some > people. Usually i get round the file attachment thing by > getting the sender to zip but not all peopl...

Slow Attachments
I was getting a quick response to this thread, but then it went in limbo... can anyone suggest what I should try.. the desktop is running NAV 8. >-----Original Message----- >Do you have antivirus installed on that machine? > >ANDO wrote: > >> I am having an issue with folks attaching files that seem >> odd. When they send the file to a DL it takes about 5 >> minutes to send. Then when the recipients try to open it >> right away, outlook hangs then eventually opens the >> attachment. >> >> Exchange 5.5 sp4 (5 servers in the site)...

selecting multiple sheet tabs and open another workbook
I often have to move or copy data from multiple worksheets at a time and paste them in a new workbook. My problem is that when I have multiple sheets selected, and then open another workbook, Excel 'forgets' about the multiple sheets I have selected, and remembers only the first sheet. The result is that when I think I am copying data from mutliple sheets at once (which is what I want to do), I am actually only copying data from the first sheet. This is extremely annoying - why does Excel think it knows what I want to do better than I do? If I select multiple sheets I expect the...

Multiple selections from a list
Is it possible to construct a dropdown on a form that allows people to pick more than 1 value from a list? For example, if the values on the dropdown are "Bill", "Bob", and "Sue", and I wish to select both "Bill" and "Bob", and have both values stored together on the same record, is this possible? -- Cloudbuster What version of Access? It's not possible in Access 2003 or earlier. It's possible in Access 2007, provided you're using the ACCDB file format. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougStee...

Use Macro to Select printer in Word 2007 on Windows 7 Pro
I am trying to migrate the Marco's I use for my Word 2007 users. The most popular feature is to select the correct printer and send labels & Envelopes. I have a new 64bit Windows 7 Professional machine I am trying to configure. The printer(s) are installed as follows: Local Printer using a TCPIP address port to a HP 4240n printer using the HP Universal Windows 7 Driver. The printer was installed as B108-Labels. It appears in the printer list My vbScript currently selects the printer from my Print Server "\\printers\b108-labels". I changed the script...

multiple select from the drop down list in excel. list in one sheet and drop down in
Hi, i want to include multiple select in my drop down list which is created in excel. i have the list in sheet 2 and the drop down appears in sheet 1. i got to know this can be done with a macro and there was some information but it wasnt useful for me. can any one please help me with this , if i need to write a macro, how do i go about doing that. -The steps i followed to create the drop down are. (i followed the below link) dhttp://spreadsheets.about.com/od/exceltutorialsandtips/ss/blexdropboxes_6.htm 1. Used a new worksheet for lists. Entered the data for the list in a column. ...

Change Subform based on record selection
Hi, I have a main form. On this main form there is a subform1 with a list of questions listed in datasheet view. Ideally, I would like there to be another subform2 that updates based on the selected record. For example, in subform1- I select the statement "Enter your age details," then subform2 will change to have a textbox for Age, DOB, Time of Birth, etc. Then when I select another statement from subform1, subform2 will change again. Is there any way to accomplish this? Or is there a better suggestion to gather specific information from a user based on the question t...

Select Query Problem
hi all The table have lots of duplicate rows except for the last column skills The skills has diffrent values some rows 'Middle East' and the other rows 'Resident Engineer', 'planner' etc When the user enters the name and the skills set, he wants to see thouse who has all the skills set Table sample Name Address salary skills samy d Dubai 1000 manager samy d Dubai 1000 Resident Engineer samy r Abu Dhabi 2000 manager samy r Abu Dhabi 2000 Software here i want to retry records of which has the name "samy" and skills Resident Enginee...

Attachment error from any place or form in CRM 3.0
Hello everybody, After upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0, i have problem with file attachment from any place or form in CRM. Attachment extension and size doesn`t affect on error. After press "Attach" button, i`ve got "An error occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I turn on detailed server error messages on client side in web.config, but still have "nothing" in screen or eventlog, except "500" error from iis log side: 2006-01-24 13:57:18 W3SVC1 192.168.X.Y GET /_controls/attachment/attach.htc - 80 - 192.168.X.Y Mozilla/4.0+(co...

Setting print layout as default for opening attachments.
Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default to print layout. You can elect to NOT open in reading layout. JennieB wrote: > Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default > to print layout. "JennieB" <JennieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D381105-14D3-4E05-B9D7-85B702B93BA1@microsoft.com... > Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default > to print layout. Open Word and click Tools>Options. On the General tab, uncheck...

Unable to attach a file to a email
The Button called "New E-Mail Attachment" is missing from the Attachment tab tool bar within a CRM email. To be exact there are no tools on the Attachment tab. I do know there is suppose to be one there. I also understand that attachments are not available in a email with a template, but in my situation its in an email from a single contact or account. Can anybody sugjest something? Thank you. Hi, First you need to save the email and than you can attach attachments. PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. -- take care, uMar Khan ...

Multiple sent attachements and Messages
Today I sent an email in outlook XP with an attachment and it never left my outbox. I saw that when I strarted getting undeliverable messages from people since I had filled their mailboxes because my message had been sent over and over again. This is not the first time. The attachment I was sending was 3mb. Help ...

selectively block some programs from accessing the internet
Some of my programs are accessing the internet and i would like to block them from access. I used to be able to do it with sygate personal firewall but mcafee will not run with sygate and insists I use windows firewall. Thanks in advance, Barb On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:19:32 -0700 (PDT), Barbara Clark <nsproject@engineer.com> wrote: >Some of my programs are accessing the internet and i would like to >block them from access. I used to be able to do it with sygate >personal firewall but mcafee will not run with sygate and insists I >use windows firewall. > >...