Attachment Preview like in OE - How to do?

Hi. I don't know what I am overlooking, and think I have looked everywhere,
but cannot find how/where to specify for Outlook 2000 to show picture (ie:
JPG) attachments in the body of the email, like I am used to seeing in
Outlook Express. I much prefer this than having to open each one in an
editor to view it. Outlook cannot be less customisable than its baby
brother, so what have I overlooked? Can anybody tell me how to achieve this?
Many thanks in advance. OzzyFrank

0
ozzyfrank (2)

First thing you should know is that OE isn't the baby brother of Outlook. MS
just decided to name their Internet mail/news program something with the
word Outlook in it to give the appearance of a messaging family.

Outlook doesn't do attachment previews in the reading/preview pane.

"Frank Ozzmetal" <ozzyfrank@bigfoot.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi. I don't know what I am overlooking, and think I have looked
> everywhere,
> but cannot find how/where to specify for Outlook 2000 to show picture (ie:
> JPG) attachments in the body of the email, like I am used to seeing in
> Outlook Express. I much prefer this than having to open each one in an
> editor to view it. Outlook cannot be less customisable than its baby
> brother, so what have I overlooked? Can anybody tell me how to achieve
> this?
> Many thanks in advance. OzzyFrank

0
vince8328 (2733)

How attach a file in one cell
I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. attached. in some cells. Thanks! In article <A23394A2-B804-4855-875A-7664B90F4F48@microsoft.com>, How attach a file in the cell <How attach a file in the cell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one > cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. > attached. in some cells. Thanks! Cells can contain...

Attach mdf file without ndf
Hi, I have a database with one mdf file for the primary file group and one ndf file por a secondary file group. I wasn't using the ndf file, so all my data is in the mdf file. Last night I lost the ndf file and I tried to attach the mdf file, but sql is looking for the ndf file. I even tried to use an ndf file from a backup, but I received a message error that said the file doesn't match with the primary file. Is there a way to attach an mdf file ignoring this ndf file? "Ricardo Cortes" <RicardoCortes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAD...

Can't send email with attachments
Since May 12th I can not send any emails with attachments, Here is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Fw: [Our Tea Party pictures of "The day that changed America".', Account: 'LindersMom', Server: 'outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer ...

how do i prevent a row from moving, like subheader that is visibl
In Excel, how do I prevent a row from moving, like a subheader that I want to stay always visible at the top of my document? If you want row 1 to stay fixed, select row 2 & use Windows/ Freeze Panes. If you want to freeze both rows and columns, if you select cell C3, for example, before selecting Windows/ Freeze Panes, then it will freeze rows 1 and 2 and columns A and B. In other words it will freeze rows above and columns to the left of the selected cell. -- David Biddulph "Binmaru" <Binmaru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCEF434B-24B4-429D-870...

Blank Email Attachments
My Exchange 2000 Server on Windows 2000 is having an issue. After reviewing my backup logs I have many messages that BackupExec cannot verify when doing a Mailbox backup. After researching these messages I found that each of these messages an attached email message. when I open the attachement it is Blank. Nothin in the "message body", "subject line" or the "to" field. any idea why this is happening? thanks Hi If you have Norton antivirus for exchange you need and for OS, You need to excludes the quarantine and tmp directory of the antivirus for exc...

Printing attachments with Reports
Hi all, Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give; I have a report which contains an attachment field, what I need is for any attachments linked to the report to be printed additionaly to the report when the user clicks a print report button - any ideas? In general I would guess you need to: - save the attachment(s) to disk - use appropriate automation to open/print attachment(s) Here's some code I use to save attachments: 'Open recordset of attachments, save each one to disk and assign to attachments() array For iii = 1 To 9 Attac...

Mime-attachment.dat -- how to handle it?
I have a client who has apparently been receiving emails from several people, with attachments named "mime-attachment.dat". He's using Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.6604 (9.0.2911.0), and he's wondering why he can't open and read them. Checking the header included in one of the messages he formarded to me, it may have come via MSN. Amazingly, "mime-attachment.dat" hardly shows up at all in either Google or the MS KB. Is there some known cause or solution for this? The attachments is readable in Notepad; here are the top few lines: ><html xmlns:o...

Why has Windows Mail "removed access to...unsafe attachments"?
-- I may be slow but I''m not dumb. Tools | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Do not allow attachments................." -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "San Fran Grandma" <SanFranGrandma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CC3841E-23BE-4B57-A1AC-F23DF53AE5E5@microsoft.com... > > -- > I may be slow but I''m not dumb. Thank you so much! (It worked, of course.) -- I may be slow but I''''m not dumb. "Bruce Hagen" wrote: > Tool...

Cant send attachments #2
My Outlook 2000 (runinng on a XP home system) will not send attachments unless I send them from within the application such as word. However, I need to send multiple attachments. What error do you get when you do try to send it from within Outlook? Are you sure that the message isn't bigger than allowed by your ISP? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b701c4...

Tasks: show all attachments
Hello! Sometimes we have long tasks with a lot of inline attachments. Is tehre a possibility to see all attached files in a list? Regards, enno -- http://www.verbrennung.org This message was send early in the morning. Please don't blame me, if it makes no sense. ...

Can't see attachments
We've got a user running Outlook 2003. He often receives quotes and other documents from company's we do business with. On some emails he is unable to see any attachments at all. There's no paperclip or anything else to indicate an attachment was included with the email. If he forwards the email to a co-worker, they can see it just fine. If he views the emails in OWA, the attachments are there. I've gone over his Outlook view settings and there's nothing specific that would keep attachments from not being shown. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Do you know wha...

attach mp3 to an email?
How do I attach to an email a song on an mp3? If you don't see a paperclip icon, then use Insert > File, then browse to the file you wish to attach. Alternatively you can drag and drop the attachment onto the email. -- Kathleen Orland "mskatman0625" <mskatman0625@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93FEB717-2BF8-46EC-9B50-6D4ACC2CBCDA@microsoft.com... > How do I attach to an email a song on an mp3? mskatman0625 wrote: > How do I attach to an email a song on an mp3? The same way you attach any other file to an e-mail. With...

cannot open attachment
did upgrade to outlook. and securityis stopping me from opening an attachment. i am running outlook 2000. i cannot locate a setting to change this. can you help? thanks janice <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > did upgrade to outlook. and securityis stopping me from > opening an attachment. i am running outlook 2000. i > cannot locate a setting to change this. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel opens in "read only" mode as an attachment
How do I disable excel 2003 to open as read only when is an attachment in outlook 2003? When you open an Outlook attachment, it opens the file in your Temporary folder. I guess this is to protect you from changing the file, "saving" the file into the Temporary folder, assuming it is safe and perhaps deleting it at a later date. The Read-only status forces you to save the file elsewhere. Regards Trevor "scb" <scb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25ef01c4a71f$555c8cd0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I disable excel 2003 to open as read only when ...

Transform matrix data ("Pivot Table like data") to simple dataset
With help of Pivot Table Wizard it is very easy to transform a table of data in the form of dataset into the matrix form of pivot table! Coying using "special-values" it is also easy to get the matrix form data independent of underlaying source data. What about inverse (backward) of such transformation? I know that some times (years) ago I saw a certain excel expert web page with the explanation of a pretty simple action (not using VBA and also without a lot of copying and inserting) you must perform to get a dataset from the matrix data. For the clearness, from the data in t...

Outbox won't send email with an attachment
After composing an email and attaching a word document, I click send and it goes to the outbox but does not send it. How can I resolve this problem? ...

Print preview preferences?
I'm running IE 7 on Windows XP. I use Print Preview all the time. The default print size is "Shrink to fit." Is there any way to change the default, say to 100% or any of the other printing options? Thanks, pjs Search for the IEPrint addon. This addon is not compatible with IE8 however. You will have to uninstall it before any OS or IE upgrade. It is not listed in the MS Addons Compatibility list. Like any third-party IE Addon you use it at your own risk. Regards. "pjs" <pjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B728CFD...

multi-page receipt preview?
Is there a way to view beyond the first page of a multi-page recept in the viewer? I have tried every key combination I can think of to no avail. Marc Marc, Ctrl and right arrow wiil take you to the rest of the receipt. Craig "Marc" <marc_no_spam@beverlyspet.com> wrote in message news:%23WWi8nRzGHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to view beyond the first page of a multi-page recept in the > viewer? > I have tried every key combination I can think of to no avail. > > Marc > Control + Right Arrow moves forward Control + Left Arrow moves...

Live Page Orientation on Print Preview Mode(MFC Famework)
I'm using MFC Doc/View framework for print preview. i'm getting that standard print preview window.fine. here, i want to dynamically change the page orientation (into lanscape/portrait based on user's selection). also i want to show the papersize selection response. how can i? regards ashok ...

Sending with attachments (.pdf)
Most frequently when I send an email with an attachment it goes into the outbox and just stays there. I've tried opening it up and pushing send and nothing seems to work. It might get stuck on larger files! I have had reports that even though it says it hasn't sent the message, the message was sent. Are there switches which control how attachments are sent? Are you using an Antivirus scanner on outgoing mail? Does the message ever leave in outbox if you sit back and ignore it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneN...

Can't open mutiple JPG's attached in Outlook
I receive mutiple JPG's attached in my emails, I can't open more than one at a time. I was able to in the 2000 version. Are you using the same picture preview program with both versions? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Jeff" <jeffs@nettaxi.com&g...

Filtering by attachment name
Hi all, I have NAV 2003 scanning all my incoming mail. It cannot be set to delete infected mail entirely, but it will delete the virus attachment and replace it with "Norton AntiVirus deleted1.txt" That is the one thing common to all virus e-mails. Is it possible to create a rule that will check the attachment filename and if it's the one mentioned, moves or deletes the message? I've looked through the possibilities, but cannot find a proper filter. NAV doesn't add any headers to the e-mail. I've been putting off building a linux box for mail filtering (et al) but t...

1mb attachment freezes up computer
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Someone sent me an attachment 1mb. <br> When click on email, whole program freezes up for few minutes. is this a bit odd? don't rememer that happening before. thanks. ...

Preview ok
No matter what I try, I can't print using a custome paper size. Somehow between the time I change the settings and hit print, it reverts back to letter sized paper and I am wasting a lot of paper. Can anyone help? I am using 6 Bar paper (6 1/4" x 9 1/4") on a Lexmark 125. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? There is no reason whatsoever you cannot print a custom paper size. Set your printer up to the custom page size, then make sure Publisher is set to the correct size, and then go back and make sure the printer driver is still set to the correct siz...

How do I convert a number($Amt) to words like on a bank check?
I want to convert a number like $1,500.00 to ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED. Is this possible in Excel? Try this. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Tom Z" wrote: > I want to convert a number like $1,500.00 to ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED. Is > this possible in Excel? ...