Attachment Icons not printing with printed e-mail

I am working with Windows 98, Microslft Outlook 2000.
When I send an e-mail with an attachment i.e. Word or
Excel, in the past I have gone into my Sent folder, called
up the e-mail and printed it, and the icons of the
attachments I sent with that e-mail would print also.
Suddenly it has stopped doing that.  I had this problem
before, but it "went away"  Does anyone know setting I can
use to fix this if there is one, or what's going on?
Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

I think the format of the message has to be plain text in order for the
attachment icons to print.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:189501c3aeb8$85127260$a601280a@phx.gbl,
LUM LUM wrote:

> I am working with Windows 98, Microslft Outlook 2000.
> When I send an e-mail with an attachment i.e. Word or
> Excel, in the past I have gone into my Sent folder, called
> up the e-mail and printed it, and the icons of the
> attachments I sent with that e-mail would print also.
> Suddenly it has stopped doing that.  I had this problem
> before, but it "went away"  Does anyone know setting I can
> use to fix this if there is one, or what's going on?
> Thanks!

Windows Mail Spellcheck 08-08-10
Really old software, like Outlook Express for example, was able to provide a good quality UK English Spellcheck, but not Windows Mail, the only English is US or American English, which has numerous spelling problems for the rest of the world. When will Microsoft make a gesture and accomodate the software buyers of the world and offer them correct English, not a version of it? It has been done before, why not now, or can we get rid of Windows mail and get Outlook Express back again, that works? -- hodroyd Outlook Express never had a spell check of its own. Development and pro...

"select" external e-mails disappear after exchange SMTP detected them...
hi, help! i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch admin :) we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes: 1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and 2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's): our situation is: 1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems 2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems 3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems 4- all new-users send external emails, no problems 5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix ...

old PST Inbox says 32 new messages, none are visible, seems to be missing mail
Hey well, i hope someone can help me. back before i was smart enough to read news groups, i used outlook xp and it was good. I was able to download all my mail on to my pc from the pop3 or webmail places i went to. over the years, i reinstalled office and outlook on many different machines. eventually, i found an oppertunity to get office 2003, so i did. when it came time to move my old pst folders, i did it in the most stupid way possible....i copied the file out of my old system and put it directly in place of the new one that outlook had just created for me. i figured, it was the sam...

Outlook send embedded images as attachments
Whenever I send HTML mail with embedded images they are received by other clients as attachments which cannot be read, but the same message to other outlook users in the same organisation are received ok with no attachments. Any suggestion? I don't want my emails being seen as attachments. M.C <mc@bacuk.com> wrote: > Whenever I send HTML mail with embedded images they are received by > other clients as attachments which cannot be read, but the same > message to other outlook users in the same organisation are received > ok with no attachments. How do you try to in...

Printing From Print Preview
I posted the following question earlier but left off what might be a critical problem. Normally the Print Preview window gives the user the option of printing or canceling. When using the code below, these options aren't available for the user and the only way out is to tap the ESC key. My original question is: I use the XP version of Excel and have macros that ran fine. Some of the people I work with have upgraded to Vista and can't print from the Print Preview menu that is in the VBA code. The line I use is: Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, PREVIEW:=True Afterw...

Printing and Entitling Calendars
I want to print out an Outlook Calendar along with its title. How do I entitle a calendar so that the title prints out. I have five different calendars for various aspects of work. Thanks! This would be difficult to do in Outlook itself, as the only way to print a calendar "title" is to add a header in the Page Setup for a particular print style...so you'd have to change it for each calendar you want to print. Instead, you might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calendar in Word, which you can then customize to your ...

Unable to attach one doc to another in Word 2007
I need to attach one document (an exhibit) to another document. I first tried right clicking the exhibit doc in Windows Explorer, dragging it to the main doc and then press "Copy Here". All it attached to the main doc was the first page of the exhibit. I then tried the "Insert Object" technique, but that didn't work either. It inserted only the first page, not the whole doc. (As a last resort I tried copying and pasting the exhibit doc contents, but, as I expected, the formatting of the exhibit was all screwed up, so that didn't work either) BTW...

old email now Word template for all new e-mails?
I use Outlook 2000 and recently began getting an old e- mail at the beginning of every new e-mail I start and also every time I click 'reply'. I've looked at the normal.dot template in Word -- it appears to be blank. Where is this old e-mail living that it pastes itself on all new emails and replys? Many thanks, Paulette See if you can find an email.dot file -- I think that's what WordMail in Office 2000 used for mail messages, rather than normal.dot. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only...

Saving Outlook E-Mail Attachment #2
You can browse but it will not let you change folders. You can see all the available folders when you browse but you cannot get to them. Has anyone seen this problem before? "you browse but you cannot get to them" This doesn't make much sense to me as browsing is walking through the folders. Also you forgot to mention your version of Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Exch 2003 with Exch 5.5 internet mail gateway
I have a new exchange server 2003, with an exchange server 5.5 running the internet mail gateway. Users with mailboxes on the new exchange 2003 server get mail from the internet up to several hours after it comes in. Is there a way to speed this up? I'm sure that there is because that kind of delay is not normal. But I cannot suggest how you might do that based on the limited information you have posted. I suggest you start by examining the headers of a delayed received message and see if you can determine which hop is delayed. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the w...

Cannot Paste or Print to Onenote
I use windows 7 (32 bit) and onenote 2007 and I for some reason cannot copy from snipping tool, insert pictures or print to onenote even though the option is there on the choice of printers. I have tried reinstalling office and that did not work. Not sure what to do now??? What happens when you try? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "henne197" <henne197@discussions.microsoft.co...

Forwarding Mail from Public Folders using OWA (Exch 2003)
Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major limitation to me. John LeMay wrote: > Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA > in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward > option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major > limitation to me. So I did some additional poking around. Seems this is "by design" according to MS: http://sup...

limiting where smtp mail can be sent
Hi All, I have a situation where an employee is leaving our office to work for what use to be his client, so now he is the client. It's a very amicable relationship and we are allowing him to use applications in house over citrix until they are setup at his office with the same apps, including Outlook. We do however want to limit him to only emailing himself at his new company. So, for instance, bsmith@abc.com can only email himself at bsmith@def.com. Can I do this within Exchange System Mgr or some other way? Thanks in advance for you help. Chris On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:40:37 -040...

Attachments on OL2003
In OL2003, when an email is printed that contains an attachment, under the "Subject:" line at the top of the email is printed "Attachments: filename.ext". When I do a reply to that same message, the "Subject:" line is included in the original text portion of the initial email under the new email, but the line "Attachments: filename.ext" is not included. How can I cause the line "Attachments: filename.ext" to be under the "Subject:" line in the original text under the new reply message just as it is when it printed above? Are ther...

"unable to opne your default e mail address"
I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? Might try going thru the Mail applet in the control panel to remove/add/edit your e-mail account settings. "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB10E0BA-0557-4527-87FD-4CE7CA267739@microsoft.com... I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com>...

how do i print numbers using speach recognition in excel
In excel using speach recognition dictation how do I input actual numbers and not words? According to Excel's Help (under the heading, "Things you can do and say with speech recognition") -- "To dictate all numbers as digits, say "force num," pause briefly, and then say "5." Speach Recognition & numbers wrote: > In excel using speach recognition dictation how do I input actual numbers and > not words? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

email attachments #17
When I decorate my email with graphics and rich text it all goes out as attachments, I'm sure its a simple problem but what do I do to change it back to fully display on the same page? can someone advise? cheers. Send in plain text or HTML - only Outlook can read Rich Text, and there's no guarantee that the formatting will be maintained perfectly when sending to another Outlook user over the Internet. Of course, plain text won't give you any graphics - but HTML will, although I have to say keeping mail simple is the best course of action. E-mail is really designed for text. ca...

How to print first page in landscape and rest pages in portrait mode?
I'm using MFC document/view structure in my application. I will print both image and text at the same time. The image is first page and rest pages are text. Could you help me how to print image in landscape and text in portrait mode? Larry Chang You print bitmaps just like you would print text, bitblt the image onto the printer DC. See if there is an example here to help you out. http://www.codeproject.com/printing/ AliR. "Larry" <changquansheng@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175198476.460552.90780@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MFC document...

Can't Create/Save/Print EPS
Crew I have a 4 page brochure I created in 1999 when I first came on wit my present company, that turned out to be useful when updated t cover a current issue in our town...to now be mailed out to th entire community (10,000 residents. The commercial printer of course wants an EPS file I attempted the first stage of this EPS saving process, which is t install a PostScript driver, but then only got as far as Print Setu Properties in the second phase Since we don't have any such type printers at my company, I ha followed the directions for installing a generic EPS version (Apple. That w...

I can not delete a JUNK mail from my INBOX and Outlook get freeze
I'm using Outlook 2002, and there is a message with subject:Failure Notice, with size 104 MB, that I can not delete, move or copy from my INBOX to other folder, and Oulook is freeze when I try to open or preview this message. How can I do in order to clean this junk message? or What is the error and the resolution procedure? Please send also your answers to luis_cardoza@hotmail.com Thank, Luis Cardoza try holding shift and deleting -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

Sending Mail with Outlook
When I click send, it goes very slowly. When I check progress, it is ever so slow. In article <A7BEE788-4801-43AA-BBB0-DEED6EFF3080@microsoft.com>, cbaker001@sympatico.ca says... > > When I click send, it goes very slowly. When I check progress, it is ever so > slow. provide some information! - Outlook version, OS, internet connection type and speed. -- Duncan. ...

Mythical unread mails
Outlook is indicating that there are 2 unread mails even though the unread mail folder is empty. If new mail arrives, then the figure 2 increases to 3. When I read the new mail and close the box, the figure reverts to 2. This is very irritating! Any ideas how to cure this? Thanks On Dec 9, 11:17=A0pm, coxwall <coxw...@waitrose.com> wrote: > Outlook is indicating that there are 2 unread mails even though the > unread mail folder is empty. =A0If new mail arrives, then the figure 2 > increases to 3. When I =A0read the new mail and close the box, the > figure ...

CRM Outlook client automatically attaching emails to contact
I am experiencing incoming emails that come from one specific address are attaching to the same contact automatically. It doesn't have me set the regarding and I don't want it to do this. It was just a one time thing Thanks ...

e-mail dragged and dropped to Personal Folder
Good afternoon! I have a somewhat strange question. We support a lot of different environments, most of which use Exchange Server. We do have a couple of clients that have their e-mail hosted by a third party and simply configure Outlook (almost all Outlook 2003) to use the local .pst file (well, in most places that is changed to a networked location). A user at one of those locations is dragging individual e-mail messages form the Inbox to the "Personal Folder" (at the very top). I do not understand why he is doing this.....but he is. Anyway, where are those individual e...

Web mail not working correctly, KB 275186
Hi there, I am having problems with accessing my web mail in Outlook. The problem seems to have appeared all of a sudden and I am unsure what has caused it. My web emails are not being collected, nor can I send any, if I try to connect to the HTTP server manually in Outlook by pressing the "Connect to ...." menu option I am prompted with the following error message, "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" According to web based resources I can only find a reference to this error in KB 275186, but it does not mention HTTP server problems in th...