Attachment Icon on Preview Pane

How can I modify Outlook 2002 to display the 'clip' icon
on the preview pane for attachments? I am used to working
with Outlook 2000 which always displays any attachments as
a clip towards the right side of the preview pane. I
cannot figure out how to do that in XP.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Jay
0
anonymous (74722)

You can't change this.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----
"Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I modify Outlook 2002 to display the 'clip' icon
> on the preview pane for attachments? I am used to working
> with Outlook 2000 which always displays any attachments as
> a clip towards the right side of the preview pane. I
> cannot figure out how to do that in XP.
>
> Can anyone help me out?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

0
Roady

show attachments in header of printed sent email
Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched from OE to Outlook and find that although screen view shows details of the attachments to sent emails these dont show when I print out the emails. In other words, I am having to handwrite on print out of sent email "attached ..........". It makes no difference whether I tick the option to print out the attachment at the same time as the email itself either. Hope I've made myself clear!!!! Sandy sandieblue <sandieblue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched fro...

Printing attachment names
When I print either a plain text or a rich text message that has an attachment, the name of the attachment (and an icon) are included in the output. But when I print an HTML messsage, there is no indication that there was an attachment. Do you know any way to force Outlook to include the attachment name(s) when printing an HTML message? Environment is Outlook XP, Windows 2000 Pro, Exchange 5.5 On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:53:42 -0700, "Tim Schaldach" <tschaldach@trigon-epc.com> wrote: >When I print either a plain text or a rich text message >that has an attachment, ...

Blank reply in emails but can view them in "auto preview"
When recieving a reply to some emails, I see nothing but the original email text without the reply text. The only way that I can see the reply text is if I set Outlook to use "auto preview", but there's nothing there if the message is opened. We are using Outlook 2000 sp3 internet mail (POP3) through a Verizon DSL connection (SMC Barricade router). It also seems to only happen when correxponding to people that are using Exchange Server. I've seen a few posts regarding this issue but I have not seen any resolution. I think it may also have to do with messages th...

Attachment inside word
Hello, How can I attach my excel spreadsheet inside MS word. So that when th user opens MS Word and icon appears containing my excel file. Is thi possible? please help, ThaNKS -- kkondrat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkondrat1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27213 Hi in Word use 'Inser - Object - From file'. Choose your Excel file and check 'Display as Icon' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany kkondrat1...

How to automatically delete msgs. w/ a specific attachment?
Platforms: Exchange 2000/Outlook 2000 Like everyone, our system has been hit with the Mydoom virus. My A/V software has done a very good job blocking the virus, but there is no way to prevent the cleaned messages from being delivered to the users. This has become very annoying to some users who are receiving dozens of these messages per day. I would like a way to prevent these messages from being delivered to the users. Since all messages which have had a virus removed have an attachment named "Replaced Infected File.txt" inserted in them by the A/V software, I would like to cr...

Slow Preview
When I change from one email to the next it takes a noticable amount of time for the newly selected email to appear in the preview pane. have tried changing the delay from unread to read from the default 5 seconds to 3 but there was no change. Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. >-----Original Message----- >When I change from one email to the next it takes a >noticable amount of time for the newly selected email to >appear in the preview pane. have tried changing the >delay from unread to r...

How to add an icon to Excel toobar to choose colour of a border
Hi, Back again. Having now created a pre-formatted workbook and worksheet in the way that I was helped here, in this ng, earlier, I am now setting up my customized toolbar, with the icons that most suit me. I have placed on my custom toolbar an icon that lets me choose, quickly, what kind of border I want to add to a cell, however I don't know how to place in the same toolbar an icon that will allow me to choose the *colour* of that border. I have read in the Excel "Help" notes where it says that the correct icon is the one by which one chooses the colour of a drawn line. Tha...

How to email attached files
I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files. I am unable to send extra files with the DoCmd.SendObject function. Those somebody have a suggestion. Thank you -- Eric Hi Have a look at this http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/809c6cba6d0e7caf/445aa650bc1c610c?q=access+sendobject+wayne+group:microsoft.public.access -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ericb" wrote: > I need to send an email with attached files (not the da...

Saving Word attachment
I cannot save an open attached Word document in Outlook. The top bar flashes and I have to press control+Alt+delete to turn it off. The only way I can save it is to open Word program outside of Outlook, and then go to outlook, and then save the attached Word document. What's wrong? I can save all other Office documents...excel, powerpoint with no problem. How can I fix the problem? ...

Displaying Attachements as icons when printing the email
Can someone please help me. We print emails for our records. When an attachment accompanies an email i want it to show on the print out as an icon, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Why? If the message is in HTML format, it may not display the icon. If you're printing the message by opening it first, try printing it without opening it (just highlight the item and hit Ctrl P or File | Print. If that doesn't work, open the item, select Edit | Edit Message, and then select Plain Text from the Format menu. Try printing it in Plain Text format. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MV...

Received Mail File Attachment always removed by OE
Hi everytime i get a file attachment of my friends OE always removes the file attachment as it says "OE Removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" i cant find any option to remove this.. can you please help.... thanks sally Open OE and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning potentially dangerous attachments. "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29e501c470a0$d575ec50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everytime i get a file attachment of my friends OE > always ...

Restricting access to note attachments

Lost my icons!!! Please help!
I started a new job and was customizing my desktop screen, and screwed up. I dragged and dropped Word, Outlook and Excel onto my desktop, rather than creating shortcuts. It DID work, in that the shortcuts are there... HOWEVER, all three of these programs have disappeared from my "Programs" on the start up menu, AND all three icons on my desktop are the same, generic icons, and they are unidentifiable between them, unless I open them. It is REALLY annoying, and as I am in my first week at a new job, I don't want to admit that I did this. Because it was just so stup...

Excel smart icon settings
Does anyone know in which file the "smart icons" settings are saved ? Tx Pegasus --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Eliminate annoying spam! My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster." http://www.ihatespam.net ...

Delete attachments from List Pane
I am reposting w/ a better (hopefully) explanation. Outlook 2000 I am looking for an addin (or other solution) that will let me delete attachments from the currently selected email or any number of emails selected in the list pane W/O actually having to open the emails. Outlook does not show me an attachment icon in the Preview Pane, thus there is no way to delete the attachment like you can after opening the email w/ Right-Clk Remove. I do all my work in the preview pane and only 'open' the email because of this delete attachment issue. The free bulk processing addins I have found...

Page Break Preview
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent feature but can't find it now. This view got replaced by the Page Layout view. On 30/07/08 23:27, in article 59b559ff.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "niles@officeformac.com" <niles@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent > feature but can't find it now. -- Michel Bi...

Email attachment too big
I constantly run into problems with sending attachments that are too big to send. I receive them easily, but cannot send or forward them. For example, I received a slide show & tried to forward it. It was called 'enormous' & >5mb. How do I expand the attachment capability & why can I receive these & not send them?????????? HELP! Boo wrote: > I constantly run into problems with sending attachments that are too big to > send. I receive them easily, but cannot send or forward them. For example, > I received a slide show & tried to ...

when closing print preview annoying results
Hi there, I have a print preview button which implements the CScrollView::OnFilePrintPreview() function I also have several toolbars within my application that are not neccessarily displayed simultaneously. However whenever i open print preview and close it my application will always display all the toolbars!? Has anyone else experienced these results? I can't workout why this would happen? why would the print preview change the CMainFrame status of my app? Thanks ...

How to automatically upload and attach images to a fax activity in C#
Also how to find attachment type and do we need it for uploading images as an attachment to a fax activity,or it make more sense to have email attachment for a fax activity ?? ...

global address missing when sending word document as email attachment
Hi All, Im having trouble with my email, Im just wondering if you guys could help me... I use Outlook 2000 as my email browser. It started recently when you create a ms word document and go to: File - send to mail receipient or mail receipient as an attachement outlook does open ok except when I select the TO button I do not get my global address book (company address book), I get nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance... .. What do you show when you press the TO: button? Does the GAL appear in the dropdown list at all? What does show there? --� Milly ...

Searcing the contents of Notes & Attachments
Is there any way for a user to search on the contents of a Note or a Note Attachement? (as with the Advanced Find feature ) i think the c360 addon allows you to search notes -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rocco P" <RoccoP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030955D2-A94B-451D-BC33-A8CFE4A3453D@microsoft.com... > Is there any way for a user to search on the contents of a Note or a Note > Attachement? > > (as with the Advanced Find feature ) We made a crystal report for this. It's not too much work and a li...

Re:excel attachment problem
I have a problem with opening an excel file attachment on Outlook Express. All other attachments are fine. Error message: Cannot find the file C:\Windows\temporary Internet Files\Content Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. How do I correct this? If you have a solution, please let me know? I've had different anomalies occur when I've tried the same thing directly from OE6. I don't know the precise answer but I've found that it worked OK if I detached them and opened from wherever they are placed. -- Regards; Rob...

emailed with too many attachments. Not completed can't cancel
Tried to send photos on attachments. think I have sent too many! The email has partially been sent and stopped - am unable to open email in sent box to enable me to cancel it and start again. Am a novice so would appreciate any helpful suggestions as to where I go now! Regards Hi foxewe have a look on this site: "How to troubleshoot e-mail messages that are stuck in your Outbox" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262052/en-us To send several files: Create a folder on the desktop. Move the files into this folder and compress this folder with a tool like "Winzip" or "...

CFrameWndEx in a splitter pane (MFC feature pack)
When I use a the new CFrameWndEx class as the frame in a pane in splitter window, the frame shows a title bar with rounded corners, and a little icon in the top left corner. This is not what I want - I'm just using it as a container to hold a toolbar and a view. If I use the older CFrameWnd class instead, the visual appearance is correct, but due to dependencies on the new MFC toolbar class, I want to use the new CFrameWndEx provided by the MFC feature pack. How do I make the CFrameWndEx not display a title bar in a splitter pane? Try deriving from CFrameWndEx and diddle the window st...

Outlook will not allow Word Attachments
Outlook 2003 will not allow MS Word documents as attachments Other types of files work ok, but .doc file are rejected with the exception. "You Do not have appropriate permissions to perform the operation" This is running on an XP Pro Box using POP/SMTP, so they are not using Exchange. Any ideas on what could be causing this? :blush: Thanks Rick -- "You Kill One Bug,and Fifty Show Up For The Funeral" At what exact point are you getting this error? Steps to reproduce? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outl...