attaching files in Outloook

I have used Outlook for ages.  For some reason it has
become a hit or a miss whether files that I attach are
sent or not.  If they don't go - and I don't know until
the recipient says "nothing there".  They sometimes go on
the first re-send, sometimes not!  Forwarding teh original
mail does not work - it needs to be a new task.  Any
suggestions about what I could do to cure the problem?

Erica

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Problem to open excel file
Hi to all, I have a problem with all excel file. The user can't open all excel file when she did a double click on it. She has this error message : "cannot find the file 'c:\documents and settings\desktop\......test.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct. And that all required libraries are available" Do you know what can I do to solve the issue?? regards Malcolm Your Excel file association may be lost. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to en...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

control type
hi when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname. filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL etc.... whats all these , r these usefull and needed ? thanks This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields. The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG),...

outlook adreddbook file
I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? Outlook has no separate "address book file." Contact data is stored in your Contacts Folder Use the Export Wizard to export it to the format that best suits your needs. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Helpneeded" <derontayp@aol.com> wrote in message news:261e01c3af79$7d94e740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be > uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

Open excel file
Hi, I want to open excel file using a commnad button placed in a form. I have read the other questions to this to use runapplication. But, what I am looking for is as follows: i have tax database which contain the taxpayer name, taxyear and the Taxid number. I have placed this table in a form. The tax caluclations are made in excel and stored in a particular folder say named, Tax_comp and with filenames Taxpayer_year.xlsx. I want to place a command button on the form, and when the user clicks the command button, i want the particular tax payer excel tax computation file sto...

File folder info. in Excel workbook?
Good day all. Excel 2007. XP Pro. Is there a way to have all available excel files in a particular folder listed (updated in real time) in an excel spreadsheet where the user can click on one or more of them to open those files or at least retrieve specific data from them? I have a situation where files representing cost centres and each month of the year need to present data into a worksheet used for reporting purposes. So potentially 5 x 12 = 60 files. But these are only created as the months pass. so at the end of month1 there would only be the 5 files, month 2 there would be...

Outook not sending pdf attachments
We are using a form print application called Reform. It converts a form such as an invoice to a pdf file and passes it to Outook to email. Outlook is receiving the forms ok and even sending the email and passing the sent email to the sent box. One can go to the sent box and see the sent email with the attached pdf file document. One can open the email and also open the attached pdf file. The problem is that some recipients receive the attached pdf file and others do not. Would Outlook be doing anything to the attachments to screen .... where some would receive the attachment ...

Publisher cannot save file???
I am working on a brochure in Publisher. I have tried to save and received the message "Publisher cannot save file". Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated. Carrie No other wording? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0E3E735-A56A-4D5C-A33E-E89716AA475C@microsoft.com... >I am working on a brochure in Publisher. I have tried to save and received > the message "Publisher cannot save file". Any direction or help would be > greatly appreciated. > >...

Exchange Attachment file blocking
My company is in the middle of converting from Groupwise to Outlook/Exchange. In an article I found it says that you can maintain the list of attachment file types that will be blocked by Outlook in Microsoft Exchange Server. Does anyone know how/where to do this maintenance and what version of Exchange you need to be using? I have not been able to find the file type maintenance screen/form. Thanks Works in Exchange 2000 and 2003. You create a security template for users and specify setups. Implement via registry key or AD policy. Here's a beginning web link (be sure to read all the ou...

M03-WinXP -- Is .MNY file size an issue?
In early 2003 I experienced file corruption problems and an MS support rep helped me to run the salvage program on my .mny file. He told me that my problem resulted from the .mny file's growing too large. It was about 4 meg, which he said was too big. He recommended that I archive every year. I just looked at my file. Haven't archived since the beginning of 2003, so I archived. The .mny file only shrunk from 3.9 to 3.5 meg. Started to look here and read the FAQ page. I see tht some of you recommend against archiving, so I renamed the archive file back to my primary name...

How to convert PDF file to Text using VC++ 6.0
Dear Developer / Experts , I am developing an application which required to read PDF file and convert it into txt file . I dont have any idea how to do this. Please let me know if there is any free ActiveX / library to achieve this task. I am using VC++ 6.0 as my development environment . Thanks in advance , Regards , Jignesh Patel [VC++ : Software Developer] This might work for you. Since the full version requires membership this may not be enough, but it's worth giving a look. http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/acrobat/sdk/index.html Tom <jignesh2680@gmail.com&g...

Help me understand mysterious Temp files.
Three of these appear every time I log on to Windows, in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp. I can always delete all but the three most recent. I see repeated references to Adobe Photoshop, which is not now nor has it ever been installed on my computer--though I do use the Adobe PDF Reader. I've heard lately of a strange new kind of "cookie," but can't remember what it's called. Could that be what these are? I'd like to know why they appear all the time, and have for several years. They don't do any apparent harm, but d...