Attached file problem

Outlook 2003 refuses to open an attachment sent to me with the name
Confirmation.rtf giving out the message:

"Cannot create file: Confirmation.rtf.  Right click the folder you want to
create the
file in and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your
permissions for the folder."

However if the same file is sent with a different name (say confirm.rtf)
then Outlook is quite happy to open it!

I have hundreds of emails in my Sent Items folder each with an attachment
called Confirmation.rtf - could this be the cause of the problem?
Incidentally I can't open any of these files either.

Is there any way I can correct this?

PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote:

> Outlook 2003 refuses to open an attachment sent to me with the name
> Confirmation.rtf giving out the message:
>
> "Cannot create file: Confirmation.rtf.  Right click the folder you
> want to create the
> file in and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your
> permissions for the folder."

This is a problem with the Outlook Secure Temp Folder.  Close Outlook and
open a command line window.  At the prompt enter:

cd %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
dir /a

Look for a folder starting with OLK.  Let's say you find OLK1A.  Delete it
with

rmdir /q /s OLK1A

Then try Outlook again.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

CFile (delete file)

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

import a 123 file

Rounding Problem

Public Folder link to Excel File

Month problem