associate an email address with an email account?

ol03.  i have several email accounts, which i use for different purposes. is
there any way to associate a particular address with a particular account.
so that, when i send email to person Y, it automatically goes through
account Z? rather than having to remember to change the account manually?

0
astro46 (42)

No.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"jeffrey" <astro46@excite.com> wrote in message
> ol03.  i have several email accounts, which i use for different purposes.
> is there any way to associate a particular address with a particular
> account. so that, when i send email to person Y, it automatically goes
> through account Z? rather than having to remember to change the account
> manually?

0
suemvp (4038)
2/16/2005 7:04:31 PM
that was clear and to the point.  :-)

thanks,

jeffrey

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> No.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "jeffrey" <astro46@excite.com> wrote in message
>> ol03.  i have several email accounts, which i use for different purposes.
>> is there any way to associate a particular address with a particular
>> account. so that, when i send email to person Y, it automatically goes
>> through account Z? rather than having to remember to change the account
>> manually?

0
astro46 (42)

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

Set default address book automatically (registry)
I know I have done this before a few years back in another site - but I cant remember how. We need to set the default lookup address book for all our 2000+ OL2k3 users and to use a specific lookup order. I know they could each do this manually but we have 2000+ users and the support overhead would be huge. We dont want to users to use the GAL as their default lookup (which it is out of the box) because it contains lost of confusing system addresses and duplicate names for the same person in different security level networks; which the users find VERY confusing to distinguish between). We wan...

recieving emails
I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) and when I hit the button again it starts recieving from the begining again resulting in duplicate messages then it ends in an error like the beginning again. My email is Yahoo mail plus Dorisall wrote: || I get an error message Which is? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Dorisall <Dorisall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) > and when I hit the button again it starts reci...

Can't receive EMail #5

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

some emails not coming through internally
Hello, I have a 3COM NBX phone system. It has the capability of sending an e-mail to a user with the voice message attached. That system is on my 10.1.x.x network. My exchange server is on my 10.3.x.x. network. There's a place in the NBX system to put the name of the SMTP server. I've tried both the email.mydomain.com and the IP address of the server. The messages do not come through. If I change the e-mail address for delivery to an account such as yahoo.com, it comes through no problem. I have a test exchange server at home. If I set it to go to that, goes no where. I ...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Launching URLs from email
URLs in my emails suddenly will no longer launch when clicked. I am using Office/Outlook 2000. Only recent change is the installation of Norton Internet Security, but I think I had ok launches since then. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Account Balance Weirdness
Me bad boy. Haven't balanced my checking account since March 2004. But everything through March had been balanced/reconciled. Now I go in with my April 2004 bank statement to start balancing April 04 and find the opening balance is too high by about $9,000! I have transactions going all the way back to the early 1990's, but 91-93 looks weird. A $150 monthly transfer is the only transaction in the register for those years. I don't recall seeing that before, but it's been years since I looked that far back. At this point my choices seem to be: 1. Enter a correcting balanc...

Send Quote via Email
I have created a quote and would like to send it via email Is this possible without getting too technical! Hi Andrew, (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge * Open the quote * File-->Format for Customer * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template This template could potentially be modified for more/less data. (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the Downloads section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import it to your reports s...

Inbound email being processed as folder under Inbox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I got a database daemon error, and Entourage forced me to rebuild the database. <br><br>Once the database was rebuilt, I relaunched Entourage and my new messages were processed as folders with a .EML extension under the Inbox. If you click on them, there is no content in the folder. Entourage has also stopped receiving new mail messages entirely. <br><br>While my database was being rebuilt, I accessed my Exchange account via both Webmail and an Outlook client on Window...

Transfer address bk and messages
How do I transfer fromm outlook 2003 my info to 2003 on anew computer. Can it really be that hard? Nope. This is your second post. One is enough: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010771141033&CTT=98 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "diggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37da01c469f6$b6172d20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer fromm outlook 2003 my info to 2003 on > anew computer. Can it really be that hard? ...

Re: Paying credit card from checking account?
How can I omit certain expense transactions from my reports? Here's the problem- I pay my credit card account from my checkin account. So, if I execute a payment of $2000 towards the credit car account (which will debit my checking account), it shows as an expense transaction from my checking account (as it should); when I run report, it displays the $2000 expensed transaction (under the checkin account) but also includes all of my credit card expenses (presumabl totaling $2000) and therefore creates duplicates in my total spendin report. First, does my explanation make sense? Second, ...

incoming email not being automatically tracked
Hello, I have the following: Email router used for both incoming and outgoing email in both the web client and Outlook I've configured the router (correctly as far as I know) per the MS documentation. I've selected to track emails from leads and contacts (the last option) please do not confuse this with the middle option to track emails that are responses from leads and contacts. This last option implies it will track incoming original emails, not just replies an important distinction. With this configuration, I would expect an unsolicited email from a contact to be tracke...

Unable to Add account to PrivUserGroup
On installation of MS CRM 1.2 on an Server 2003 machine, I am getting the error message: Setup was unable to install CRM Server Setup was unable to add the account to PrivUserGroup in Active Directory. Unknown Error (80005000) This happens pretty far into the installation process. Any clues on what is causing this? Thanks, Paul Hi Paul! <bushie_40@hotmail.com> schrieb > Setup was unable to install CRM Server > Setup was unable to add the account to PrivUserGroup in Active > Directory. > Unknown Error (80005000) Not sure, perhaps: Microsoft Business Solutions CRM ins...

Re: Outlook wont send to emails hypered to from the net
No. I installed the Google Bar recently which does have one, but it isnt in use. I was having this problem beforehand anyway. (Google bar = 1 day old, Problem = since I got the PC). Amb "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message news:OPXxDqeuDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > are you using a popup stopper? > > -- > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ > > Search for ans...

Cannot Email from Outlook 2003..no "send" button present
I cannot send letters or attachments of any kind..I tried reinstalling Outlook 2003 didn't solve the problem..Help You have to close your new message and then the send/receive button appears on your inbox screen. Click that and then it will send. ...