Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email

Hi,

I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to
incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive
a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a
"Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some
reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal"
assignments and a lot with "None."

Has anyone found this quirk in their settings?

Thanks, Steve

Excel 2003 does not display color shading in normal view but only.
The problem can be caused by the high contrast setting. There's information in the Excel FAQs here: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Fill NewOffice2003 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

File Normal already exists
Hi, When I close my Outlook2000, every time it says while closing, file Normal already exisits. do you want to overwrite? or cancel?. why it is happening every time? can anybody have any ideas? ...

why is saving the auto recovery file postponed for normal
can anyone tell me why ' saving the auto recovery file postponed for normal '. and how to correct . thanks Hi, keku 1, What program are you talking about? Version? Operating system? I could guess some version of Word, but it's hard to help with very few details. Tips for Posting: http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "keku 1" <keku 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F3B949A-CCBB-4939-BE3C-AC27434AED88@microsoft.com... > can anyone tell me why ' ...

Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot) #3
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook I am having a really hard time creating proper html signatures in OL that "stick", i.e. remain the way I designed them using Advanced Edit (using Word as editor) in OL. The problems seems to be rather complex and perplexing to me--but probably a "style" issue: This is what I do: I create an html signature using Tools|Options|Mail Format|Signatures|Edit|Advanced Edit which opens Word as the editor. I make changes to styles by selecting the signature text and changing fonts size or color; save the signature...

Why no "normal view" on toolbar
I have several graphs some show the "Normal view" button on the tool bar, others dont. How do i enable the "Normal View" again? Or is this because i have something active wich disables it? ...

How to graph normal distribution curve
I am a novice at Excel and need help graphing a sampling distribution of of the sample proportion. sample is 150, sample proportion is .15, std deviation is .029 How do I make a normal bell curve???? Hi, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm Cheers Andy GH wrote: > I am a novice at Excel and need help graphing a sampling distribution of of > the sample proportion. sample is 150, sample proportion is .15, std > deviation is .029 > How do I make a normal bell curve???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope....

Normal.dot keeps bugging me!!
Hi All I've created a vb6 app that opens up a Word template file, populates it with stuff and then displays the doc. This all works fine, but when I go and close the doc (with or without saving it) I keep getting warning messages saying do you want to save the changes to the normal.dot file. I haven't touched it!!! I'm using my own .dot files and when my app calls the page it opens up a fresh blank copy doc of the template. I'm a good lad in that my app: * creates a Word object rather than a straight Word reference, * opens up the template * populate...

Convert UNIX time to normal
Is there a function or calculation that will convert UNIX time to norma time? Thanks, Crai -- cwalker12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cwalker123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1603 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27498 Craig, =A1/86400+DATE(1970,1,1) where A1 has the UNIX date/time stamp. Format for date, time, or date/time. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "cwalker123" <cwalker123.1f5rko@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:cwalker123.1f5rko@exc...

Using Money Trial Deluxe 06 when I normally use Deluxe 02
I'm using Money 02, generally satisfied with it though there are some annoying things in the user interface (such as only showing 10 lines of stocks or securities at a time in an unnecessarily small window when I have a nice big monitor that could show a whole lot more, which would be handy when I'm comparing what Money says with what my broker's web site says. And the way I can't sort the order by security name or symbol or date purchased in those little windows. Othr places, yes, but not when you're asked to reconcile. ) I have questions similar to those of http:...

Display page breaks in normal view in Excel 2007
Hi In Excel 2003, I could click on Tools/Options and then tick the "view page breaks" box, so that I could see dotted lines representing my page sizes in workbook (normal) view, but I can't find a similar command in Excel 2007, apart from Page Break Preview" view, which doesn't really suit what I want. Can somebody help please? Why not use View|PageBreak View since in XL2007 you can still edit the worksheet in this view? If it looks too small use the zoom slider on the status bar. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email ...

Displying Mysterious Hidden Pages in Print Preview, not in normal
I have a publisher document that is 21 pages long. In between all my pages, some how a blank page has been inserted into the document that you can only see if you do print preview and convert to PDF. You can't see the blank page in the normal view. How can I get rid of this mysterious page?? What version Publisher are you using? Don't know what to tell you. Is your publication setup as a booklet? You will get blank pages when you have an odd number of pages. Publisher uses blocks of 4. Do you have 21 page tabs? Where is the page in relation to the rest of the publication. Wh...

Outlook '03/IE 6.0 Hyperlinks do not work
** Please note that I did post this same question 2 days ago in the General Questions Board and have not received a reply - thought I may try, here, to see if anyone has any input. Thank you. ** Hello - I have Outlook 2003 (SP 1) and Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP 2). I have updates automatically, but, have also gone in to check for any updates and I do not need any. When I click a link in "O.L." (Outlook), the screen goes white, the title bar is still at the top of my page - however, I now see the title of the email PLUS Not Responding. I have to do the 3-finger to get ou...

normalization concern
Hi, I created a table of place names. Each place name has a standard name and a number of variants of that name. For example place_id place standard_name 1 Seecon 1 2 Seekon 1 3 Ceekon 1 4 Barna 4 5 Bearna 4 For example, Seecon is the correct form of a place name, but, the variants Ceekon and Seekon sometimes occur in the literature. I have put all place names, whether standard or variant, in one field, so that I can search them in one go. To retrieve each place name and its standard name, I run the following query SELECT places_a.place AS place_name, places_b.place AS correct_...

seaching for normal.dotm
I am trying to resolve a problem by deleting normal.dotm. To do this I have to find it. When I click start, search, all files and folders, the box where I type in the filename does not appear. Nothing happens. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong or where to go from here. I'm not sure what could have happened to the Find utility in Windows. You may want to ask about this in a Windows newsgroup. You can do the following to display the Templates folder for Office: Click Start | Run. Type %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates and press Enter. Be sure to exit Word and then de...

how do you create a standard normal distribution chart?
how do you create a standard normal distribution chart? Like this one? http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ProbabilityChart.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ gldtkn77gary wrote: > how do you create a standard normal distribution chart? Hi Jon: Thank you for your suggestion. I visited your site but I don't see what I'm after...I need the formula to create a bell-shaped graph. Do you know it? Gary "gldtkn77gary" <gldtkn77gary@burntmail.com> wrote in message news:5DF303...

difference between ActiveX and normal controls
hello, I wanted to know what exactly is the difference between and activex control and normal control?Is there difference in coding also?Other than the usually used edit,combo,radio button what are other non activex controls.Are the available on Internet for download and where are they used? thanks in advance for the help ActiveX controls use the COM mechanism for communication. In general, you will find considerable differences in coding when using ActiveX controls vs. the default control set. There are huge numbers of non-activex controls, mostly derived from other controls,...

Is there a normal for Excel?
I would like for my new blank documents to be 125% view. How do I do this? With word, it's so simple, I open normal. What about excel? Why doesn't excel have a normal document? Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 In article <C7666E7D.57025%forums55@verizon.net>, "forums55@verizon.net" <forums55@verizon.net> wrote: > I would like for my new blank documents to be 125% view. > > How do I do this? > > With word, it's so simple, I open normal. What about excel? Why doesn't > excel have a normal document? ...

How do I make a normal bell shaped curve in ms 2007?
How do I make a normal bell shaped curve in ms 2007? Hi, What are the mean and the standard deviation for the bell curve you want to make? In any case, the following suggestion is for making a normal distribution curve for a mean of 4.0 and a standard deviation of 1.0: In column A, starting at A1, create an array of x-values starting with four standard deviations less than the mean and ending with four standard deviations more than the mean (in our example 0.0 to 8.0) in increments of say one-tenth the standard deviation (in our example, 0.1). In B1, enter the formula, =NORMDIST(A1,...

Normalizing the y axis
I want to get a visual "apples to apples" effect in my charts. However, Excel doesn't seem to offer a way to "normalize" the y axis (that's the vertical axis, right?). If the data in the range goes from .01% to .88% for one data set and from 1% to 7% for another data set, Excel changes the y axis accordingly, which displays the illusion that the resulting charts are not much different from one another. I would prefer to take the highest data range (7% in this example) and the lowest (.01% in this example) and apply that as the y axis for both charts, so that the us...

Phone number normalizing
hi I am using this code to normaliza the phone number. However i also want it to normalize if the phonne number is in the format 021abcdef or 021 abcdeff. Can someone please advice me what i need to amend to this code to get this functionality going. Kind Regards Ridhima // Get the field that fired the event. var oField = event.srcElement; // Validate the field information. if (typeof(oField) != "undefined" && oField != null) { // Remove any nonnumeric characters. var sTmp = oField.DataValue.replace(/[^0-9]/g, ""); // If the number has a valid length, format ...

Word 2004 crashes and Normal template
I'm suddenly having a lot of trouble with Word 2004. I have many many different templates, with associated toolbars, auto text, and macros. Suddenly Word is crashing constantly, even when doing a simple "Save." I've dumped the Normal template, that didn't seem to help. Then I found the "Normal" template or .doc is in several places throughout the computer. ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Normal and Applications/ Microsoft Office 2004/Templates. I tried trashing both, then lost all my customizations. I then replace from a backup Normal from a few months b...

Normal Template Images Inserted
I have added some custom images for bullets in my Word 2003 Normal template that are now being automatically attached to every email I send from Outlook (even though there are no bullets used in the email). Is there a way to prevent this without losing the ability to use Word as my email editor? Thanks Remove what ever you did to the Normal and instead add a new list style using your symbol as the bullet "Amish" wrote: > I have added some custom images for bullets in my Word 2003 Normal > template that are now being automatically attached to every email I &g...

Money 2004 Upgrade with Every Internet Update? Normal?
Am I the only one that gets a Money 2004 upgrade with every internet update? This started about a week ago. I install each one. Something that tells Money it has been upgraded must not be getting updated on your machine. I haven't been getting any upgrades and I update frequently. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50cd01c473f7$66075750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Am I the only one that gets a Money 2004 upgrade with > every internet update? This started about a week ago. I > install each one. ...

How do I get Excel to use my normal Outlook profile when emailing
When trying to send excel files directly as attachments, I cannot get them to use my normal email profile. When I try to insert a signature it tells me that my security setting prevents activex controls on this page? It works ok if I open Outlook and attach the excel file to an email. ...

The file Normal.dot already exists #2
When closing Word 2003, a msg pops up: "The file Normal.dot already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" If I choose Yes, it closes. If I choose No, it prompts me to save. When I cancel, it goes back to the blank document screen. If I click close again..."Changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.dot. Do you want to save those changes?" Word closes if I choose Yes or No. An Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Ron disable word addins - most likely the acrobat addin, but it could be another if you don't have acrobat. -- Diane Por...