Asked before cannot find question or answer anymore "Caracter mess

When I am using Word I have no problem typing this caracter ? (question
mark). however if I type this in OOUTLOOK, than it appears like this É or
like this _
It has just done it lately, so I must have changed a setting unknowingly.
Can someone please help to get the  question mark ? back again... thank you.
By the way this time I have checked the "Notify me of repies"
0
alpine (2)

Verify your keyboard language and layout settings in Regional and Language
option in Control Panel.
For more details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/16

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"alpine" <alpine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I am using Word I have no problem typing this caracter ? (question
> mark). however if I type this in OOUTLOOK, than it appears like this É or
> like this _
> It has just done it lately, so I must have changed a setting unknowingly.
> Can someone please help to get the  question mark ? back again... thank
> you.
> By the way this time I have checked the "Notify me of repies"

0
Roady
10/2/2009 7:30:17 AM
Taank you for yor reply. All keyboards settings are correct. If they would be
off, would not WORD act the same way??

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Verify your keyboard language and layout settings in Regional and Language
> option in Control Panel.
> For more details see;
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/16
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "alpine" <alpine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I am using Word I have no problem typing this caracter ? (question
> > mark). however if I type this in OOUTLOOK, than it appears like this É or
> > like this _
> > It has just done it lately, so I must have changed a setting unknowingly.
> > Can someone please help to get the  question mark ? back again... thank
> > you.
> > By the way this time I have checked the "Notify me of repies"

0
alpine (2)

Usage Question
Hi, Not sure if this is the proper arena for this post, but.... Have a usage / functional question regarding Outlook, suspect this is a common problem with many... Here is the scenario: 1. Send an email to someone, do NOT copy the email to myself so it just goes in my sent mail. Here are two problems that arise out of this function: 1. If I am awaiting for a response / need a response to that email what is the BEST way to re-tickle myself if in fact a response to that email is not received? At this time I remember manually in some form a flag, task or just plain old memory. 2. Once ...

id like to know where i can find a template for repay of a loan

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

School question
True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a table. We don't typically answer school questions in these newsgroups, but even if we were going to, we generally like the question to be complete and make sense. -Scott "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79CEB83-12AC-4B88-8146-5ACED58279A2@microsoft.com... > True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a > table. Scott M. wrote: > > "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

OWA Question #10
Hello, we're running Exchange 2003 and I have the following situation. Several employees in our company decided to start a different branch. Instead of creating a separate domain we just created a new account in AD with a different domain suffix. So let's say they used to have account@companyA.com. But now they have account@companyB.com. They've been able to access email via Outlook just fine but when accessing it via OWA, they are unsuccessful. We've tried logging them in with both companyA.com and companyB.com domains in the login screen. companyA.com just retur...

how do I find a list of databases with correpsponding company name
Hello, I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and remember it being easy but cannot remember where to do this. SELECT INTERID, CMPNYNAM FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500 "Tim Quiggle" <Tim Quiggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ECF5C5-74F9-494E-8C2E-B37EE12C8D0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their > corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and > rem...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

File Conversion Question
backup.pst Outlook 2003 version Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? What other possible solutions could be employed? Thank you. denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > backup.pst Outlook 2003 version > > Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or exporting the data to the 2002-format PST. -- Brian Tillman Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Find a value in cells
Hi, all, I have something like this : a 1 b 4 c 5 d 3 I'm doing a max function in the number column and it returns me '5' But, after that, I want to know the letter which corresponds to the max number How can I do that? Thanks Nic -- nicgendron ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nicgendron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386417 Let's say that...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

How does clickonce find the local application?
Hi, The shortcut file created by clickonce deployment having an extension .appref-ms only has a link that looks like: http://127.0.0.1/ClickOnceDemo/ClickOnceDemo.application#ClickOnceDemo.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=27d66f1bda5f165d, processorArchitecture=msil The file http://127.0.0.1/ClickOnceDemo/ClickOnceDemo.application has the name and version number of the executable assembly. When ClickOnce application is invoked, the framework compares the version of the locally installed app against the version in the deployment manifest. My question is, how does th...

finding values in a sum
if you have an array of numbers and want to identify which of those numbers add up to a specified value, is there a function in excel that can help you to find the correct combination of numbers. eg in a simple example; if the array of numbers was 2,3,5,6 and the specified value was 9, we know the only combination of numbers from this array that would sum to give the value 9 are 6 & 3, however with a larger array of numbers (20) or more, it would be more difficult solve the problem manually. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e3iWLUiYDHA.2960%40tk2msftngp13.phx. gbl See my previo...

General SOA question
As I was reading SOA Manifiesto, one line got my attention "SOA can be realized through a variety of technologies and standards." as of now, only way I can think of implementing bussiness service at this time which is decoupled and scalable is though web services. This gives cross platform/scalable/maintainable. Is there any other way we can implement services which has the same things? Thanks, I just started working with SOA, and the way I understand it (which is not very thorough at that) is that SOA is basically web services taken to the next level of interoperability (a...

Public Folder Question #4
Is there a way to enumerate all folders and posts (including attachment labels where applicable) and redirect to a text file or CSV in a similar fashion that the DOS tree /F /A command would work? Thanks! ...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

Profile question...
One of the small networks I manage had a Win2k DC that crashed. We replaced it with a 2008 SBS & since most of the clients were XP, I was able to join computers to the new domain & copy the profiles from the old location to the new location. That was until I got to the Vista laptop. On this computer, the profile shows as 'Unknown' & the 'copy to' option is grayed out. I am currently copying the contents of the C:\Users\username folder to the C:\Users\user.newdomain folder. Will this be all I need? Is there an easier way? Also, under system properties>u...

database question / feedback needed (GP8
Hello Everybody. We sold one of our companies, and the new owners are moving off Great Plains. They are transferring/rebuilding data in their new software on their own. For historical (GP) data, they have purchased some software to perform queries, and have requested I give them the data. I am planning to send a backup of the SQL Company dbase. They would not have a GP client, and would not be performing transactions - so I believe they really just want to access the various history tables. I prefer not to send the Dynamics dbase if I don't have to (passwords, etc). I guess my ques...

AfxBeginThread failure
In an MFC pgm under VS2005sp1, I am creating a worker thread using AfxBeginThread. Under certain circumstances which I can't quite pin down, AfxBeginThread returns NULL, indicating it has failed. Is there any way I can find out the cause of the failure, such as an error code? I have tried tracing through the code with the debugger, but what is apparently detecting the error condition is in MS code for which I don't have the source. My specific code is CWinThread* pThread=AfxBeginThread(MyControlFunction,&ti,0/*priority*/, 230000000/*stack size*/); and a test for pThread==NULL im...

Cell Reference question
This is probably a simple question, but I have never seen it before. I have been looking at some spredsheets sent by some co-workers, trying to figure out their structure etc... and I have seen some cell references where the reference starts with an =+'sheetname!e2 The + (plus sign) struck me as odd, I can't recall seeing that before. Is there some significance to it? Thanks Tom Believe it's a "legacy" behaviour for die-hard Lotus converts <g> The "+" is not necessary .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

An Interesting Question: How to Have Mutliple Variable Input
Greetings! I would like to define a user-function that takes a range (or Yes/No values) as input, and returns a 1 if any of the values is yes. I'm something like thinking... FUNCTION YorN (choices) yorn=0 counter=1 to length(choices) yorn=yorn.OR.index(choices(counter)="YES") Next counter End Function I know the syntax is wrong -- can someone help me out? Thanks.../Randy Hi try =--(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes")>0) without using VBA at all -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Randy Numbers" <ran@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4Hk1d.3...

Here's a dandy question regarding queues!
Hello everyone, I've setup some workflow for the Task entity, such that when it gets assigned to a user, that user gets an email notifying they have been assigned a new Task. What I would like to do is to include in the subject line the name of the queue of where it came from. Is this possible? How? ...

Serach don't find it all
Hi... Recently I noticed that during a search in the contacts folder some contacts are not found. I can scroll down and see them in the list and open them that way, but they do not appear in a search. I have Outlook 2007 installed with Xobni addon installed on a Norwegian Windows Vista Ultimate home made computer. How do I reindex? Can Xobni cause trouble? -- Vennlig hilsen ´┐Żyvind Granberg tresfjording@live.no www.tresfjording.com ...

Newbish question re. Out of Office Assistant sequence
Hi all, I'm the sort-of administrator in the office (I know enough to get by, but I'm far from an expert). My employer in our very small company wants to start using the Out of Office Assistant to reply to external as well as internal addresses, which I think I've figured out how to do. I'm concerned about spam, though. We have some very good Trend Micro spam blocking software that has blocked 99.9% of all the spam we've gotten in the last six months. I'm not sure how the sequence works, though. Does the Trend Micro spam blocker have a chance to "swat&quo...