Arrows in Email

  When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows.
Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want
to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get
there in the first place?
Gus Gus

GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote:

>  When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by
> arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows,
> like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows,
> and how do they get there in the first place?

You are using Word to read your mail and have it configured to show some of
the formatting marks that are usually invisible.  The little arrows (they
point to the right, correct?) are tab characters, most likely.  In Word,
click Tools>Options and on the View tab, uncheck the formatting marks you
don't want to see.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Remove GUID in email Subject Line in v1.2
How do I remove the GUID in the subject line of emails in v1.2? I see this KB at MS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829459 but it references CRM 1.0 only and the date of my Crmemaildispatch.dll file is later than the one in their hotfix. Can anyone give me some pointers? Follow those guidelines for setting the registry setting indicated. The hook to look for this is in the 1.2 dll already. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Stewart Arnold" <stewartarnold@DELETEIT.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4knmf.6410$L7.831@fe12.lga... How do I remov...

Opening Email #2
I am using "owa" to log into my email at work. Only on my home computer, once I log in, I can get into my email box, move from box to box, i.e., sent, draft, etc., however, if I click on an email to read it nothing happens. And interestingly enough I can check and email and delete it, but I can't read it. Any thoughts on what he problem is? This just started yesterday, prior to this everything was fine Thanks, John ...

Is there a way to make replies to a msg we send somehow tell email recipients that "no response required"?
I don't know if I can explain better or not, but I've lately needed to send reminders to meetings to friends/family. These are meetings of local groups that they've shown interest in and that I promised I'd tell them about dates/location of upcoming meetings. There's only one problem, each time I send an email I invariably get one or two with a long list of reasons why they can't attend. This despite the fact that I put "NO RESPONSE REQUIRED" in subject and at the very end. I think we'd all feel better if I could mimic an automated message type of emai...

No password needed to access email? How do I become more secure?
New to Microsoft Outlook. I'm a previous Outlook Express user, and was able to manage my identities, thus providing more secruity in "others" reading my emails. Is this not an option in Micro Oulook? I was planning to switch over after my soon to be ex, rebooted Windows while I was out of town and basically deleted everything. No back up disk. Starting all over :( You could put a password on your PST file so that a password would be needed to open it. In Outlook, right click on the root of your folder tree, choose Properties > Advanced > Change Password "...

Email signature keeps disappearing
Hi, I have a user who says that "now and again" his email signature disappears and he has to re-add this. He has a roaming profile but no other settings are affected/lost and no error messages are displayed either to this effect. Can someone help? Thanks Scott Ashton MCP MCDST What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Scott Ashton" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message news:uNdp3ky4HHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > ...

Download email
My outlook will not download email from my comcast account. The account is set up according to specs and I do not receive an error message. Also, when I send a test message from the wizard, it goes to my comcast account. Just cant POP receive or send in normal mode. Please help. It is driving me crazy. What version of Outlook do you have? Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479 for Outlook 2002 and 2003) and post the OPMLog.log file after trying to dowload messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting ...

send individual email to distribution list
I'd like to send messages to a distribution list, but would like each receipent to see his/her own name appear in To: field, instead of the distribution list name. any suggestions? thanks! On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:20:11 -0700, "alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd like to send messages to a distribution list, but >would like each receipent to see his/her own name appear >in To: field, instead of the distribution list name. > >any suggestions? > The only way to accomplish this would be to do a mail merge with Word. -- <&...

Junk email filter Outllok 2000
Good morning!! Could somebody tell me who can I get Junk email filter Outlook 2000). I had found nothing about this, only this article en www.microsoft/suppor Q. 195398, where I read only who to active and setup but no who to get it??? Thank you for your time and help The filter is built into Outlook 2000's adult and junk rule conditions, which are probably out of date and ineffective. You'd be better off getting one of the tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.htm#tools -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Email transfer from Outlook to Outlook Express-different PC
I am changing over to a new PC, and am having trouble transferring my emails from my old PC and Outlook to my new PC and Outlook Express. I was able to get to the export area, but it automatically defaulted to my A:, and I do not have enough floopy disk space to copy all of my emails. Has anyone experienced this before? Please advise, or point me in the direction that I need to go. Thanks. ...

Deleted email account pops up after closing and restarting Live Ma
Since I migrated over my email accounts from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail, I have noticed that one of my gmail accounts (I have more than 2) started showing up twice on the left sidebar. However, one of them didn't show folders when i clicked on it and asked to have the folders downloaded, despite all those folders already having been synced on my "working" email account. The first thing I did was delete the duplicate account from the "Tools" menu and it disappeared. All the other email accounts (live, gmail, & school seemed fine). However, on...

Pb vhen I send a email to AOL
Good morning, It is impossible for me to send a email to AOL people. I use OUTLOOK 2002 and the others fonction is OK I appreciate some help Best Regards > It is impossible for me to send a email to AOL people. Can you send email to aol with another mail programm, using the same mailserver? Can you send email to aol using another emailserver with outlook? Which version of outlook do you use? What is the error message? regards, enno -- http://www.verbrennung.org This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C4E281.86B1BBF0 Content-Type: text/plain; c...

Sound in email when I want
My provider has a very good spam checker which labels mail. I can set up a filter to send such mail, which also does not come from anyone in my address books, to a folder for checking later. I don't want either the sound or notification when this happens, but I do want both of these when 'good' mail comes in. Is there a way? -- Jim S Tyneside UK http://www.jimscott.co.uk "Jim Scott" wrote in message news:Xns996DD27019080jim.jimXscott.co.uk@85.214.90.228... > My provider has a very good spam checker which labels mail. I can set > up a > filter to ...

Sending Emails
In RM, I want to email customer statements (PDF's) to a range of clients via Tools > Routines > Sales > Statements. How can I add a default message to the body of the email (not just the subject line), rather than having blank emails with attachments sent out? Our MAPI client is Outlook 2003 in an Exchange 2003 environment. GP version is 8.0. Thanks! -- Bob I'm not for sure that it will give you what you want, but I would check out Binary Stream's e-mail manager http://www.binarystream.com/eMailerManager_SOP.asp I've got a couple of clients using it for Invoic...

Importing Outlook Email into Windows Live Mail
I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Win 7. In XP Pro, I was using Outlook 2003 but upgraded to Outlook 2007 as my email program of choice for Win 7. I would like to try Windows Live Mail (WLM), since Outlook Express is now dead, and I don't have a newsreader program anymore. My problem is, I cannot find out how to import my saved email and contact database into WLM. When I made the switch from XP to Win 7 & Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, Outlook 2007 automatically inported everything for me, so the transition was smoth. Has anyone made this transition from either Outook...

How do i force the use of a Subject in all emails?
We have decided that all employees shoould put something in the subject of an email and I'm looking for a setting in Exchange to force them to do so before allowing them to send an email. Anyone know if that setting exists? Thanks, -- Michael E. McAteer Network Engineer MCSA, MCSE, CNA, A+ On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:46:28 -0800, Michael E. McAteer <MichaelEMcAteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have decided that all employees shoould put something in the subject of an >email and I'm looking for a setting in Exchange to force them to do so before >allowing them...

email account problems
My Outlook '02 recently started acting strangely. I have 3 accounts set up. When I click from one inbox to another, the screen temorarily displays the default account inbox, then slowly changes to display the selected inbox. This happens always. Any ideas on this? It just started happening w/o any apparent provocation. Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

help needed with outlook 2000 email
I cannot send or receive email on my outlook 2000 account. have used it for years but now it is caput. error message reads: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server. (Account: ‘pop.charter.net’, SMTP server: ‘smtp.charter.net’, Error Number: 0x800ccc13). Help would be much appreciated. Thansk you. Orlando coalcorona <coalcorona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot send or receive email on my outlook 2000 account. have used > it for years but now it is caput. error message reads: > A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the...

Can't reply or forward emails
I can't reply or forward email using outlook web access from my home computer. If I use web access from a computer at my office it will reply and forward emails. Does anyone know why or how to fix this? Thanks for the help!! ...

Is there a way to make reminders "pop up" like email notices?
I'm running Office 2007 Pro on Win XP Pro. When an email arrives, I hear a tone and a little window appears in the lower right-hand corner of the screen showing the name of the sender. It remains visible for a few seconds and then fades away. It does not take over the focus or affect the active task in any way. This is an exscellent implementation. Is there any way to get the task reminders to pop up in the same way? As it is, they take over the focus and screw up the active task. \"Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:9rc1c4h1m5kadqfiego6rl5cqlgqev...

problem deleting email
OK, here it is as simple as I can make it. I have a problem that requires the Inbox Repair Tool. Now, how do I get this tool and will it fix the problem that I have. I cannot delete any emails. tried following the way that the puter said to get to the repair tool, but that isn't the way. stuck here. help me please! ...

my arrow keys don't work.
I accidentally hit several keys simultaneously, and now the 4 arrow keys next to the key pad no longer scroll from cell to cell in Excel. They work in Word and Publisher, however. How can I get the arrow keys to allow scrolling in Excel again? Turn off the Scroll Lock (check the keys near NumLock) bulkmailman Wrote: > I accidentally hit several keys simultaneously, and now the 4 arrow keys > next > to the key pad no longer scroll from cell to cell in Excel. They work > in Word > and Publisher, however. > > How can I get the arrow keys to allow scrolling in Excel a...

html email not working?
Hello, I am trying to design a newsletter/letter in Pub. 03 that will show up with all images, etc. when the user receives it. I uploaded the image to my flick account, then put the code in... when I do a web preview its fine, but when I email it to myself, I just see the code, not the image. Perhaps go to Tools > Options > Web tab and under email options, uncheck "send entire publication as a single JPG...". DavidF "potocki99" <potocki99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9608D90-4CDC-4835-A8DE-AAFCC13C16EF@microsoft.com... > Hello, ...

Email Tracking
Hi there. With Version 1.2 we could send out an email using MSCRM, and the response from the customer (assuming the token was left alone in the subject line) would also be aggregated to the history of activities - without user intervention. (So I would see both emails tracked against the customer's activity history without having to do anything) With version 3.0, the responses via email only come through to outlook and do not have the tracking done automcatically in MSCRM, eventhough the token is left inside the subject line. Users now need to manually click on "track in CRM"...

Unable to receive email
For some unknown reason I can no longer receive email using outlook 2000. I can send but not receive. This just started 2 days ago. My pst file size is112 MB. Any suggestions? Douglass What errors are you getting? Have you checked your incoming mail settings? Can you get to you mailbox on the web? Go to www.e-mailanywhere.com Chris "Douglass" <fdmccuiston@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3_adnetAg5j3kZzdRVn-jw@comcast.com... > For some unknown reason I can no longer receive email using outlook 2000. I > can send but not receive. This just started 2 days ag...

Emailing Submitted Forms
To all: I am developing a form for an office to fill out. I wanted to put it into an Access database so obviously I would created the form using Access. Once the person fills out the form and presses a submit button, I want the information to be stored in the subsequent table and also emailed to specific people. Upon completion, Is it possible to have a form emailed to certain people? If so, how? Thank you. You can't really email a form. What you need to do is create a report that looks like your form and email the report. As for the how: in the Click event of the submit button, ...