Arrange by...

Outlook 2007 stays on 'Arrange by From'. I'd like it to stay on 'Arrange by
date'. It will do that, but won't stay there no matter how I configure it.
Can you help me with this?
Thanks, wiersma7

0
wiersma7 (14)

try resetting the view.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"wiersma7" <wiersma7@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007 stays on 'Arrange by From'. I'd like it to stay on 'Arrange
> by date'. It will do that, but won't stay there no matter how I configure
> it.
> Can you help me with this?
> Thanks, wiersma7

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How do I arrange cells in alphabetical order in Excel?
How do I arrange cells in alphabetical order in Excel? Data > Sort ... ? -- Max Singapore --- "pleomorphic" wrote: > How do I arrange cells in alphabetical order in Excel? You sort them. If you need further help, check out "Sort" in Help. Regards, Fred "pleomorphic" <pleomorphic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23B47F3B-3104-4FB8-9DEB-D9C42A6B9BE6@microsoft.com... > How do I arrange cells in alphabetical order in Excel? ...

Arrange Orgainze each folder
Hello, I created a few extra folders to have my emails using message rules to go into. But the folders are not in the order I want them such as Inbox Outbox Sent Items Deleted Items Drafts New folder 1 New folder 2 New folder 3 For example I want to move New folder 2 below the inbox how do I move them, I tried to drag but they end up going inside another folder. I appreciate any help, Thanks, Nick What about right-clicking the folder and choosing "Move"? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote F...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

How to stop Access re-arranging query criteria onto multiple criteria lines for OR condition
Hi All I have a form(cFrmDashboard) with text boxes for the user to enter criteria and a list box which displays a query that uses the values entered in the text boxes to search my main table. In my search query for each field that I have provided a text box I enter the following criteria (for example": Like "*" & Forms![cFrmDashboard]![txtType] & "*" Or Forms! [cFrmDashboard]![txtType] Is Null I enter these all on the 1st "Criteria" line and this is easy to read and change. This works fine until I want to add another field to my search query...

how do i type a telephone book arranged alphabetically
i need to do a telephone that will automatically arrange alphabetically when i finish. i have tried the tool - sort program, but it doesn't work with anything except names, not street addresses or phone numbers. they just get jumbled up. I would keep the database in Excel and mail merge it into a (my choice: Publisher) template. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mskitty30168" <mskitty30168@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851555FF-9027-4137-8FB1-4D5E3DB3D5D...

arrange data
Hi, I've got certain data in an excel sheet horizontally and vertically. Eg Product A Product B Product C Sales xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx Gross margin xxx xxx xxxxx Marketing expenses xxxx xxx xxxxx Selling expenses xxxxx xxxx xxxxxx Admin expenses xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx Profit xx xx xx...

arrange icons by TYPE
For some reason, just lately when I right click in a folder full of different types of files, I am unable to choose Arrange icons by TYPE. I get - Name, Size, Modified, Created, Accessed. I want my TYPE option back please. Any ideas why it has started doing this. Using XP - Firefox - both of which are the same as they were before. Thanks in advance Katherine Do you have Type as a column in Details View? If not, it won't appear in Arrange Icons. Click View-Coose Details and put a check mark against Type ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explo...

Excel Arrange Tabs not functioning
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to send a picture to the back, I have used this function often in other MS office versions, but in the 2008 version for Mac it doesn't seem to work. Size, Rotation and ordering - Arrange function. Nothing happens? <br><br>How can I send pic to the back? Inserted graphic objects are always on the surface of an Excel sheet. The command you're trying to use is for changing the stacking order of objects which overlap one another. I'm not sure what you're trying to ach...

global removal of 'Arrange by'
After I converted from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003, all of my messages are 'arranged' by date groupings. I can see you to switch this off for individual folders (View, Arrange By, untick Show in Groups) but how can I do it for all of my folders a once? Thanks You can redefine your Messages view for this or define your own custom view and apply it to the folder upon first use. For instructions on how to redefine the Messages view see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/classicview2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pan...

How do I see Today's Messages if I arrange by date
I am using Outlook2003 and I have arranged my inbox by date and I am seeing today's messages under Yesterday. How do I fix this Is your local time zone correct? "dzingirai" <dzingirai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B69C5471-A599-43A2-A2AC-F034286362FA@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook2003 and I have arranged my inbox by date and I am seeing > today's messages under Yesterday. How do I fix this ...

Arrange columns (lo
I am using the Pivot Chart Report and the columns are displayed in alphabetical category order. I desire an arrangement of the categories in value order (lo - hi) as excel displays the columns in the regular bar charts. How do I change the sequence of the columns on the Pivot Chart Report?? Would greatly appreciate any help. Tomc Hi, The pivot chart order is based on the pivot table order of the field being considered. Suppose the the data looks like this in the pivot table Values Field Row Label Total Sold A 30 B 12 C ...

Outlook 2007 arrange by settings
Hi, Is there any way to apply "Arrange By" settings to all folders. For settings such as deselecting "Group by" and hiding the preview header? Thanks, ED See this article - it also includes setting the default view for all folders: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ED asked: | Hi, | | Is there any way to apply "Arrange By"...

Outlook Mail arrangement as per datewise
HI Experts , I have a query about mails which normally arranged as per the date mentioned in that mail; but here all received mails are not aligned with date wise; all received mail which are sent on 2 or three days before ideally that should seen in yesterday=92s column but still that getting in today=92s date , Note: Date of system is properly configured The first thing I think you should do is to RESET your VIEW. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm Nikki <ashish.sk.online@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33978795-59df-4653-addf-70c4db2674b8@z16g2000prd.googlegroup...

"Arranged" files scroll together
This is driving me crazy... I often display several files at once so that I can see different sections. Ever since I've had Excel 2003, all the "arranged" files scroll together when I move in one of them. This makes it impossible to see the areas that I need. I've tried both the Arrange and the Compare Side by Side (which, by the way, is a very frustrating new utility), but cannot figure out how to keep the non-active files from being affected by cursor movements. I waste literally hours a day trying to deal with this. ...

Arrange columns by day, not week
In Outlook 2003 Calendar, I'd like to move the display a day at a time, not a week. Calendar seems fixated on presenting a week starting with a pre-selected day. I'd like more flexibility. Often I want today to be the left column, so that I see the upcoming week. Can I make that a saved view? Sometimes I want a select date in the center column, so that I can see what's happening before and after. Is this possible? if you want it in a display of 2 or more columns (1 or 5 day type view), select the date range in the navigation calendars - drag the mouse to select multiple days o...

How do i rearrange pie chart without re-arranging source table?
I need to re-arrange the pie chart slices order without chanigng or rearranging the source table where data is listed. please help. Thank you Rearrange the data. If you need to keep it in the original layout for some reason (e.g., it's in a pretty display), rearrange a copy of the data, and use the copy for the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Taso wrote: > I need to re-arrange the pie chart slices order without chanigng or > rearranging the source table where data ...

re-arranging worksheets
Hi, I posted a question here a few days ago and got some helpful suggestions -- thanks! I'm now trying to re-arrange the order of worksheets in an excel document. I have one file, and have created 16 worksheets within that file. So, when I have one worksheet open, there are 15 tabs at the bottom. I'd like to re-arrange the order of the tabs so that they are in alphabetical order. Does anyone know how I can do that? -- blazon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ blazon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&user...

re-arrange Data from "Jane Doe" to "Doe, Jane"
Is there a formula that manipulates data from "Jane Doe" to "Doe, Jane"? you can use =REPLACE(A1,1,FIND(" ",A1),"")&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) only if each cell contains exactly two names seperated by a space. An explanation may be in order as to what this formula does. FIND returns a number from the beginning to the " " (using Jane Doe you get 5). REPLACE replaces chars 1-FIND with nothing (outputing only the last name). The & is how you add strings together (I inserted ", " to get the out...

arranging items in a list control
hi the code below is suppose to move a selected item in a list control upwards, it works for the first column have not the second one(it only deletes the items in the 2nd column), what do you think is wrong Thanks for your help void CTestingDlg::OnUp() { int nIndex; CString strCommand,strCommand2; nIndex = m_cListCtrl.GetNextItem(-1, LVNI_SELECTED); ASSERT(-1 != nIndex); strCommand = m_cListCtrl.GetItemText(nIndex, 0); strCommand2 = m_cListCtrl.GetItemText(nIndex,1); m_cListCtrl.DeleteItem(nIndex); nIndex = m_cListCtrl.InsertItem(nIndex - 1, strCommand); m_cListCtrl...

arrange columns alphabetically in Excel
Hie need help a bit stuck on this pleaaaaaaaaaaase! Im a bit of a dodo, so plese help this dodo out. Select the columns you want to "SORT". Data -> Sort Options -> Sort left to right. Click OK Select the row that you want to sort on. "tellytubbie" wrote: > Hie need help a bit stuck on this pleaaaaaaaaaaase! > Im a bit of a dodo, so plese help this dodo out. ...

Need an Idea on Arranging Data for a Chart
I have an Access Database that has thousands of records in it. Each record has the following fields (simplified): Date, Site, Seconds I have a workbook that wueries the database, and brings in data into a table for each site that has the Date and Seconds on each line of the table. I would like to graph the data, based on groupings that the user will choose, so maybe they would like to each data point on the line be the average for a week, and the line would show 10 weeks, etc. What I am struggling with is how to get from the frist table, to one that is grouped by day, or week, or mont...

arrange by date problem in 2003?
Hi, I have a simple problem, i think, but i can't find the solution in the help or on the net, so maybe someone in this group can help me out ... I don't like the arrange by date grouping that seems to be te default in Outlook 2004, but when i disable this for a message folder, the default setting seems to be reset every month or so ... Is there a way to disable this settinh once (view->arrange by-> show in groups off) and for all, preferably for all folders at once? Thanks, Gertjan Gertjan <gvheijst@xs4all.nl> wrote: > I don't like the arrange by date groupin...

Opening submaps and arranging maps
I have imported various maps and submaps from Windows Mail. After some struggling I got i organised. However if I open one of the submaps to import an email most of the other also open automatically and I have to move up and down to find the right map again. I also have to close the submaps again manually again to have a good overview of the saved maps. Any way to avoid that all submaps are opening automatically? To have a better overview want to move or copy certain maps into my separate accounts, cq business maps under my business account, have created an extra map but the maps...

re-arranging sets of data for plotting
I have data presented in groups of 12, eg. if i have 36 data points, they are currently in 3 rows, each roll containing 12 points. I want to plot a graph of all 36 points. How can i tell excel that after grabbing the 12 cells in 1 row, it should automatically go to the next roll to capture the next 12 and then the 3rd row for the last set of data? I know i can copy and manually rearrange the data all onto one row so Excel can read properly. However, i have over 200 sets of these data (each with 36 data points). Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks! Moe - I don't kn...

Outlook 2003 View arrange by account issue
Here is the setup: Exchange 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2. He has 2 accts in his Outlook, an Exchange acct and a POP3 acct. He has his view set to arrange by account. When it sorts by acct it looks like this: E-Mail account:Microsoft Exchange Server All of his exchange emails show beneath this section E-Mail account:POP3 account All of his pop3 email shows beneath this section E-Mail account:Microsoft Exchange Server Only email from one internal user shows up here. The problem is that one user in the company always ends up in the bottom E-Mail Exchange acct. Everyone else shows up...