Arrange By <emails> - Views

 On Outlook 2003, when I select on the "view menu">Arrange By>Current View>By sender, outlook creates a table view that shows the name of the sender with a plus sign (+) and once you click on the plus sign I can see the emails.  The sender name is in gray font color.
How can I change the font color for the sender name under this "view".

I have tried to edit the view "by sender" by going to "view menu">Arrange By>Custom>other settings. But there is no option to change the font of the sender name.

Can anyone advise other options how change font color

I receive lots of emails and this view is the best for what I do. Font color is really hard on my eyes. My preference is black and bold.

Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you in advance

0
anonymous (74722)
11/17/2003 6:56:08 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

4 Replies
405 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

If you're talking about the group headers, those colors are controlled by
Windows, not Outlook.  Try messing with the Windows color settings until you
find the one that controls the color of the Outlook group headers.

-- 
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


In news:57139A1A-FED5-4F7C-9DED-57AB2AC25369@microsoft.com,
Nils wrote:

> On Outlook 2003, when I select on the "view menu">Arrange By>Current
> View>By sender, outlook creates a table view that shows the name of
> the sender with a plus sign (+) and once you click on the plus sign I
> can see the emails.  The sender name is in gray font color. How can I
> change the font color for the sender name under this "view".
>
> I have tried to edit the view "by sender" by going to "view
> menu">Arrange By>Custom>other settings. But there is no option to
> change the font of the sender name.
>
> Can anyone advise other options how change font color?
>
> I receive lots of emails and this view is the best for what I do.
> Font color is really hard on my eyes. My preference is black and
> bold.
>
> Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you in advance.


0
11/18/2003 2:22:07 AM
Thank you for the reply. 
I have tried every single variable under "Control Panel>Display>Apperance", none of them changes the font on "view by sender". Any other suggestions?
     
     ----- Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook] wrote: -----
     
     If you're talking about the group headers, those colors are controlled by
     Windows, not Outlook.  Try messing with the Windows color settings until you
     find the one that controls the color of the Outlook group headers.
     
     -- 
     Jocelyn Fiorello
     MVP - Outlook
     
     *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
     reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
     
     
     In news:57139A1A-FED5-4F7C-9DED-57AB2AC25369@microsoft.com,
     Nils wrote:
     
     > On Outlook 2003, when I select on the "view menu">Arrange By>Current
     > View>By sender, outlook creates a table view that shows the name of
     > the sender with a plus sign (+) and once you click on the plus sign I
     > can see the emails.  The sender name is in gray font color. How can I
     > change the font color for the sender name under this "view".
     >> I have tried to edit the view "by sender" by going to "view
     > menu">Arrange By>Custom>other settings. But there is no option to
     > change the font of the sender name.
     >> Can anyone advise other options how change font color?
     >> I receive lots of emails and this view is the best for what I do.
     > Font color is really hard on my eyes. My preference is black and
     > bold.
     >> Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you in advance.
     
     
     
0
anonymous (74722)
11/24/2003 6:41:05 PM
I don't know of any other way to change those colors...sorry.

-- 
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


In news:687CDCD4-3A64-4E70-B56B-776D2D76E0FB@microsoft.com,
Nils wrote:

> Thank you for the reply.
> I have tried every single variable under "Control
> Panel>Display>Apperance", none of them changes the font on "view by
> sender". Any other suggestions?
>
>      ----- Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook] wrote: -----
>
>      If you're talking about the group headers, those colors are
>      controlled by Windows, not Outlook.  Try messing with the
>      Windows color settings until you find the one that controls the
> color of the Outlook group headers.
>
>      --
>      Jocelyn Fiorello
>      MVP - Outlook
>
>      *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered --
>      please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
> thread. ***
>
>
>      In news:57139A1A-FED5-4F7C-9DED-57AB2AC25369@microsoft.com,
>      Nils wrote:
>
>      > On Outlook 2003, when I select on the "view menu">Arrange
>      By>Current > View>By sender, outlook creates a table view that
>      shows the name of > the sender with a plus sign (+) and once you
>      click on the plus sign I > can see the emails.  The sender name
>      is in gray font color. How can I > change the font color for the
>      sender name under this "view". >> I have tried to edit the view
>      "by sender" by going to "view > menu">Arrange By>Custom>other
>      settings. But there is no option to > change the font of the
>      sender name. >> Can anyone advise other options how change font
>      color? >> I receive lots of emails and this view is the best for
>      what I do. > Font color is really hard on my eyes. My preference
>      is black and > bold.
>      >> Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you in advance.


0
11/25/2003 1:19:32 AM
Have you considered just using a view by message type, and then once
you're in that view, sorting by sender?  This way, you can just use
the organize option under the tools menu to set your font and/or color
rules by sender.  Also, I'm sure you're already aware, but when the
data is sorted this way, finding a message from an individual is
simply done by typing the first few letters of their e-mail address or
name as it appears in your inbox.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<uWG1uIvsDHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> I don't know of any other way to change those colors...sorry.
> 
> -- 
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
> 
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> 
> 
> In news:687CDCD4-3A64-4E70-B56B-776D2D76E0FB@microsoft.com,
> Nils wrote:
> 
> > Thank you for the reply.
> > I have tried every single variable under "Control
> > Panel>Display>Apperance", none of them changes the font on "view by
> > sender". Any other suggestions?
> >
> >      ----- Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook] wrote: -----
> >
> >      If you're talking about the group headers, those colors are
> >      controlled by Windows, not Outlook.  Try messing with the
> >      Windows color settings until you find the one that controls the
> > color of the Outlook group headers.
> >
> >      --
> >      Jocelyn Fiorello
> >      MVP - Outlook
> >
> >      *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered --
> >      please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
> > thread. ***
> >
> >
> >      In news:57139A1A-FED5-4F7C-9DED-57AB2AC25369@microsoft.com,
> >      Nils wrote:
> >
> >      > On Outlook 2003, when I select on the "view menu">Arrange
> >      By>Current > View>By sender, outlook creates a table view that
> >      shows the name of > the sender with a plus sign (+) and once you
> >      click on the plus sign I > can see the emails.  The sender name
> >      is in gray font color. How can I > change the font color for the
> >      sender name under this "view". >> I have tried to edit the view
> >      "by sender" by going to "view > menu">Arrange By>Custom>other
> >      settings. But there is no option to > change the font of the
> >      sender name. >> Can anyone advise other options how change font
> >      color? >> I receive lots of emails and this view is the best for
> >      what I do. > Font color is really hard on my eyes. My preference
> >      is black and > bold.
> >      >> Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you in advance.
0
kjaslow (1)
12/1/2003 4:54:54 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

HELP!! Viewing email images
I have just recently switched to using Outlook rather than Outlook Express as my email program. I now find that any image attachments (.jpg, .bmp etc.) I receive are not visible onscreen as they used to be in Outlook Express. I have to click on each attachment icon to view... It's annoying, especially if I get a series of pics...I have to manually ope each one... Does anyone know how to set Outlook so that it shows me these images onscreen??? Many Thanks, Darren. ...

I'm missing all past years emails in my hotmail account
For some reason i logged in into my hotmail account and noticed that all my past years are gone. I havent deleted anything. I'm missing emails from 2006 till 2009 all of them? Please help....what can i do? If the Hotmail account is set as your primary store, could it be that you have AutoArchive enabled? Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button AutoArchive... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Re...

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Trouble sending emails #2
I am recieving emails, but every time I try to send one I get an error message saying, "The server does not support the required HTTP methods. Ther server responded 'Not Implemented'." I have no idea wht that means or what I need to change. Help! On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:05:06 -0800, Tina wrote: > I am recieving emails, but every time I try to send one I get an error > message saying, "The server does not support the required HTTP methods. Ther > server responded 'Not Implemented'." I have no idea wht that means or what I > need to change. ...

How to forward emails (unchanged) from one account to another
Assume I manage two different profiles and eMail accounts with my Outlook. How can I adjust in one of them that all arriving eMails should automatically be forwarded (unchanged !!) to the other account ? Sven "Sven Claasen" wrote: > Assume I manage two different profiles and eMail accounts with my Outlook. > > How can I adjust in one of them that all arriving eMails should automatically be forwarded (unchanged !!) > to the other account ? > > Sven > Automatically forward messages to another e-mail account - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online: http://of...

How can I tell if an email I have sent has been opened?
As per subject. You can try using a Read Receipt but many users block the return of them "AT" <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:616E8A17-880A-46F9-9E6D-041484DA54E1@microsoft.com... > As per subject. you pay for it: http://www.readnotify.com/ you can try it out for a short time...then you pay...but it's pretty much guaranteed to get you the results you want... "AT" <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:616E8A17-880A-46F9-9E6D-041484DA54E1@microsoft.com... > As per subject. Request a read receipt. But- it...

How do I export my emails and folders from Outlook to Thunderbird
I'm trying to export my email from and all personal folders from Outlook to Thunderbird. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Sam ...

email set up in publisher
I set up a newsletter and tried to email it, a setup wizard came up and I cancelled it. now I dont have the send button for emails. how do I get the wizard or send button back? Cassandra Cassandra wrote: > I set up a newsletter and tried to email it, a setup wizard came up and I > cancelled it. now I dont have the send button for emails. how do I get the > wizard or send button back? Cassandra Start either Outlook Express or Windows Mail (whichever you have); this should prompt you. You have to have Outlook Express, Outlook, or Windows Mail set as your default mail client to ...

New emails with attachments not being delivered
When I send a NEW email with an attachment to my husband, it is NOT getting delivered, however, when I FORWARD an email with an attachment, it IS being delivered. I've tried sending different types of attachments (Word, JPG, Acrobat) and it doesn't seem to matter. None of them (as new messages) are delivered. I can send the same message to his home computer and it gets delivered, it's just his work Outlook that seems to be the problem. My email address is on his list of safe senders. He can receive emails with attachments from others, including his home compute...

Build View
Hallo guys, i would like to build a new view, where each user can see all accounts or contacts of his territory. If I am a User from East I want to click the view MyTerritory and I can see all accounts or contacts from east. Is this possible?? Otherwise I had to build a view for each territory :(. Thx. Just join the account and territory tables then the territory and user table. Finally add a condition on the user table with column User and operator "equal current user". -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http:/...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

Workplace View
Can anyone tell me if there is a way (supported or unsupported) to change which columns are disaplayed in the Workplace views? TIA Corb ...

cant send emails 02-14-10
I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts & neither will send. It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly stopped. I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. This is the local server I use. Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo' Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net' Window...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Not recieving emails...
I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand. Thanks Jim It is a Yahoo Plus account - right? You must...

Duplicate Emails
Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo account. Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... any suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in advance. "infinitymum" <infinitymum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A040556-F362-42F5-8324-43CFA4089908@microsoft.com... > Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo > account. > Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... > any > suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in adv...

Workflow email via web service
This is what I would like to do: Use workflow to call a web service when an order is created The web service creates an email using SDK Order details are added to the email Is this possible? Has anyone done this before? Thank You Tim workflow calls to webservice, with which the authenticated user loses itself, you must force it in webconfig >-----Original Message----- >This is what I would like to do: > >Use workflow to call a web service when an order is created >The web service creates an email using SDK >Order details are added to the email > >Is this poss...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...

Calendar view #5
When I go to calendar view, select monthly and try to scroll down I get a memory error and Outlook freezes. This only happens in the month view. ...

Attaching emails
Thanks Attila... I will give it a try :-) Robin ...

Change the default format of the query design view
When I use the query design view, I have to increase the size of the table window (from which I'm selecting fields) sideways and vertically to see the field names more clearly and that also means moving the criteria grid further down the page to make room. Is there a way to change the default table window size and default grid position so that I dont' have to do this every time? Thanks, Pat Pat When you find it, let the newsgroup know! You are (unfortunately) not the first person to wish there was a setting...<g> Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "...

Auto check email address
When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with a list of names to choose from. Is there any way to edit the names in this list? Thanks for your help. I don't think there is. All that is is a list of recent addresses that you used. Same concept as "My Recent Documents" in Windows. I am wondering now if there is a way to reset it? "Pasbrig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1444101c4182b$00e2a410$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with > a list of names to choose from. > &g...