arrange by date problem in 2003?

Hi,

I have a simple problem, i think, but i can't find the solution in the
help or on the net, so maybe someone in this group can help me out ...

I don't like the arrange by date grouping that seems to be te default
in Outlook 2004, but when i disable this for a message folder, the
default setting seems to be reset every month or so ... Is there a way
to disable this settinh once  (view->arrange by-> show in groups off)
and for all, preferably for all folders at once?

Thanks, Gertjan

0
gvheijst (1)

See this: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

Automatically check mail in Outlook 2003
I have a new PC running XP Media Center 2005 and Office Standard 2003 trial. My PC has a built in LAN card. I use 56k dial-up modem to access POP3 on local ISP. Although I tried getting some info on Outlook 2003 from ISP they are no help--most use Outlook Express and are not familiar with Outlook. I want the PC to automatically dial and check for mail when off line every 2 hours. I would like to have outlook check mail when I am online about every 10-15 minutes. Office originally setup Outlook as if it was connected to mail server by LAN so I changed to modem. My Internet Explorer ...

Confusion in VS 2003 over declaring a new class....
We have an app that requires .net 1.1 to work, so are using VS 2003 for convenience. I'm most of the way through cleaning up the code that was originally created in VS 2008, so that it will not error on build. One particular statement has me a bit confused, as I cannot find any obvious examples to explain it. m_Results.PR = New Validator.Details currently complains that type Validator.Details is not defined, which is correct. I tried to add a new Details class to the Validator class, and declared several variables that are then used m_Results.PR.UPRN = getSelectedRowVal...

count between dates help (NETWORKDAYS)
Hello big brains I am trying to find the days and hours between 2 dates 2 columns of dates formated in M/D/YYYY hh:mm 4/23/2004 15:53 and 4/27/2004 10:43 I don't want to count weekends so I used NETWORKDAYS which works to a degree.. giving me 3 (which is days) but it's ignoring the time. I need it to be specific and have it show days and hours difference. I am suprised that it is ignoring it. Unfortunately I am kind of stuck with the dat being in this format. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Maybe this can give you some ideas http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.ht...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

GETPIVOTDATA and Date-type field (Excel 2007)
Data Sample *************** Trip 0346210980 Statement Date 3/24/2010 Description STARBUCKS Date 03/08/2010 LocCurrAmt 3.47 Formula: =GETPIVOTDATA("LocCurrAmt",A6,"Statement Date",DATE(2010,3,24)) Problem: I keep getting a #REF error. When I evaluate the error it's always with the DATE function. Steps I've taken: 1. Confirmed that my date is a number and not text. 2. Tried using the date serial number (40261) instead of the DATE function. 3. Confirmed the GETPIVOTDATA works...

Send mail problem
I have a small (3 computer lan) and am using outlook 97 on the networked computers. The system has worked fine for about four months but recently the networked computers cannot send email. The error: 'No transport provider is available to send to this recipient.' comes back everytime. I'm on DSL with sbcglobal.net and mail from the server works fine. TIA, Jim ...

Excel 2003
Whenever a colleague updates a spreadsheet I've created it comes back 10MBytes large whereas it was originally only 50KBytes. It looks to me as if the colleague accidentally adds tens or hundreds of thousands of empty rows. How can I delete all rows below a certain row. Delete does not work. Copying the real rows into a new worksheet loses the formatting. When I apply the formatting from the big spreadsheet (paste formatting) I end up with hundreds of thousands of rows again :-( Any suggestions? Tom Selecting all the rows below your actual data. Right-click, delete cells. (this is...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...

How do I assign a shortcut key to an existing macro in Excel 2003.
ntahall, Alt+F8 to bring up the choose macro box, select your macro, options, assign a shortcut from there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "ntahall" <ntahall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B6102C-4B88-4131-A9AC-C48879896A17@microsoft.com... > ...

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

SMTP: Advanced Queue problem
Hi occassionally, we have an issue where an email correctly addressed, and processed Ok through our Mail checking software fails to arrive in recipients mailbox. When this happens, within the Exchange Tracking Centre, there are three entries: Message submitted to Advanced Queuing Started message submission to Advanced Queuing Advanced Queuing failed to deliver message. Can some kind person explain what is happening please, and where the messages are ending up, and what I need to do to stop this happening Many thanks Alex ...

CRM login problem in IE
Recently some of our CRM users have started facing the login problem through IE. As soon as they enter their username and password, the IE close down. The strange thing is that same user is able to login from an other machine. IE version is 6.0 with SP1 on both machines, windows is properly updated on both machines, but why user is able to login from one machine but not from the other machine. Any idea???? any solution Regards --MAC See if they have any pop-up blockers. If so, disable them. "MAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845701c48520$497e2...

Printers On SBS 2003
I have 10 network printers on an SBS 2003 net. In learning this install, I discovered they all have static IP reservations. They are accessed by a mix of Win 7, XP and Vista workstations. I am getting ready to move them to a new server. Is it really necessary to use static IP's for shared network printers? Thanks in advance. Necessary? Well HIGHLY Recommended that you have a static IP if you ever have to access them from an IP do IP printing etc et. So Yes, not just for YOU but for anyone who else is going to work on your systems Get the Label Printer out and put t...

Vlookup & Sumif Problem
Help !! I'm trying to combine Vlookup and SumIf (with 2 conditions!) I've attached a sample file with an example of what I'm trying to do !!! Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Cheers Andy File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=278716 (vlookup.xls) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Your attachment didn't come through. That's good, since this isn't a ..binary newsgroup. Very few regulars ...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

web access subject problem
Hello everybody, I'm working at home at this time and I'm reading my e- mails from my job's server by outlook web access. But I can't read messages which has subject with dot or any non- alphabetic characters (.&! etc.) Could anybody help to me ? thx Gyuri ...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

problems navigating to folders
I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having problems navigating to folders. When I click on "Open" the "Open" box opens but when I click on the "look in" down arrow, the following box opens "Initalizing Folders" box opens, and then when I try to go anywhere else it just sits there. Any suggestions? Follow up: This same action happens in all of Office 2007 products, Word, Access etc. "fbcmusicmark" wrote: > I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having > problems navigating t...

Problems with XmlSchema name mangling XmlSchemaSet compilation
Hello Xml Gurus, I'm trying to build an XML schema in memory using the System.Xml.XmlSchema namespace objects, validate it, and then write it to a file. The problem I'm facing is that XmlSchema.Write() is changing <xsd:element minOccurs="1" name="AccountId" type="s-xsd:primarykey" /> to be <xsd:element minOccurs="1" name="AccountId" xmlns:q1="s-xsd" type="q1:primarykey" /> and I am also getting the following error messages by XmlSchemaSet.Compile() Namespace 's-xsd' is not a...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

Outlook problem #33
I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? Thanks PaulaDawn <blah@blah.net> wrote: > I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive > files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? > Thanks You could have a corrupt mail profile. Check the properties of the matching folders files to see if they are distinct or not. I ao, then you can continue to use whichever of the PSTs you wish. If not, then create a new mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cannot delete mailbox/email account from Outlook 2003
Hello All - I'm a systems admin at a company that use exchange server. Someone added a mailbox to an e-mail account, and it appears as a second mailbox in the folder list. The only problem is, I can't delete it. If I right click the mail account, select "close mailbox...", I receive the error that the mailbox is associated with an account, and to remove it I need to go to Tools, E-mail accounts, view or change, blah blah blah. If I go to that route, I can delete the Microsoft Exchange Server account that exists. However, in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following loca...