Archiving doesn't archive

On Windows XP Pro SP2, in OL 2003, no service pack, I select Subfolder1
which is under the Inbox of my Mailbox, of an Exchange 2000 server. I
click on File | Archive , and the Archive dialog box appears.

In the 'Archive items older than' drop-down box, today's date is
displayed. The Archive file path is C:\Documents and
Settings\myIdentity\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\TestArchive1.pst

I created Subfolder1 today, and there are only 3 emails in it, dated
Sept. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, which I dragged into Subfolder1 from my Inbox.

When I click on the OK button of the Archive dialog box, an 'Archive
Folders' folder containing a Deleted Items, Inbox, and Search Folders,
is created in the Folder List. But the 3 emails from Subfolder1 are not
moved into the TestArchive1.pst file. The 3 emails remain in
Subfolder1.

Why aren't those 3 emails archived? Thank you.

(Is it because the "age" of the 3 emails is less than one day, because
they've only been in the Subfolder1 folder for less than a few hours,
despite the fact that those emails arrived into my Inbox back in
September?)

Also, 'Include items with "Do not Autoarchive" checked' is checked,
there is no Retention policy set, and there is no Group Policy
prohibiting archiving.

Archive works on the modified date, so if you move a mail its modified date
is reset.

<jg_erskine@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Windows XP Pro SP2, in OL 2003, no service pack, I select Subfolder1
> which is under the Inbox of my Mailbox, of an Exchange 2000 server. I
> click on File | Archive , and the Archive dialog box appears.
>
> In the 'Archive items older than' drop-down box, today's date is
> displayed. The Archive file path is C:\Documents and
> Settings\myIdentity\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\TestArchive1.pst
>
> I created Subfolder1 today, and there are only 3 emails in it, dated
> Sept. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, which I dragged into Subfolder1 from my Inbox.
>

> When I click on the OK button of the Archive dialog box, an 'Archive
> Folders' folder containing a Deleted Items, Inbox, and Search Folders,
> is created in the Folder List. But the 3 emails from Subfolder1 are not
> moved into the TestArchive1.pst file. The 3 emails remain in
> Subfolder1.
>
> Why aren't those 3 emails archived? Thank you.
>
> (Is it because the "age" of the 3 emails is less than one day, because
> they've only been in the Subfolder1 folder for less than a few hours,
> despite the fact that those emails arrived into my Inbox back in
> September?)

0
DL

Outlook Archiving #6
Hi All, I am having problem with Outlook with the Archive function. I, stupidly, had three or four seperate outlook.pst files which I tried to archive to one single archive.pst file. Problem is that some of emails in the various outlook.pst files are duplicated and now in the archive I have as many as four or five copies of the same email. Apart from manually deleting all duplicates (very tedious not to mention time consuming), is there any other way to do this quickly? Many Thanks Ahmed Johnson Ahmed T Johnson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Apart from ma...

Archives not in my Outlook list
Hi I archived some important files without having ticked the 'archives to appear in folder list'option(I don't know the exact wording in English version of Outlook). Now, I know where the files are but I cannot get into them as they don't appear in the file list when I open Outlook. There is no restore button either. How can I get them back into my lsit and so access them? Thanks in advance On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:50:54 -0700, "Dave Neve" <dave.neve@free.fr> wrote: >Hi > >I archived some important files without having ticked >the 'archives...

Archiving #24
When trying to archive, I get this message: Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Personal Folders". The path specified for the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst is not valid. (similar messages for tasks and calendar) When I transferred files and setting from an old computer recently, I did not transfer the archive.pst. Should I have? Is that what's giving me the error message? Bob Bob Griendling <bob@griendling.com> wrote: > When trying to archive, I get this message: > > Error while arch...

Money 2003
I'm using MS Money Deluxe & Business Edition 2003, almost all accounts are set up as personal, however since I do independent contracting I also have a "business receivables" account containing various invoices. This is the only account I have assigned for business use. When invoices are paid, payment is usually deposited into a personal checking account, which is balanced / reconciled every month. The problem relates to archiving the old stuff - I know that Money will not archive transactions that take place between accounts (i.e. transfers) if only one side of th...

Archive Folders #2
How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. IS <y@y.com> wrote: > How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Right-click on the root of the folders and click Close. Close Outlook and delete the archive PST file. -- Brian Tillman ...

Auto Archive users delete items
Hi! I am running Exchange 2003. Many of our users only use OWA (Outlook Web Access) to get their email. As a result of never using Outlook, their mail never gets archived. I would like to setup something to Automatically archive everyone's deleted items. I just want it to delete anything older than 1 year from their trash. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to go about this? Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks! a mailbox management policy can take care of this nicely, for you... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319188 "ZBoT" <NoRe...

exchange 2003 archiving outlook 2003 problem
has anyone had this problem yet? i am performing an archive and then when the archive is complete the old archived messages are still online in the inbox?? how the heck. i tried it for multiple accounts and multiple computers, still the same problem. i don't understand what might be causing this. archiving to a pst... -- nick Had same problem with user. But when the user was an administrator. Try that. Jeff "Nicholas Oneil" wrote: > has anyone had this problem yet? > > i am performing an archive and then when the archive is complete the old > archived...

Badmail folder, delivery status notification, and archiving of mailbox store
We are running Exchange 2003. I have the First Storage Group mailboxes set to archive all messages sent or received on the store to an user account I created called ArchiveMaster. All emails being sent/received are succesfully being archived to the ArchiveMaster user account. However, I've noticed now that every single email sent/received is showing up in my badmail folder. The contents of the *.BDR file read; This message is a delivery status notification that cannot be delivered. ArchiveMaster@domain.com The *.BAD file contains the actual contents of the email. Is this n...

Archiving data
I already have an archived file from a few years ago. It it possible to create another archive that will just add to that original file? Or do I just have to create another one? Brian In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >I already have an archived file from a few years ago. It >it possible to create another archive that will just add >to that original file? No. > Or do I just have to create >another one? No. You don't really have to do that either. You *could* do neither. >Subject: Archiving data >From: "Brian" anonymous@discussions.microso...

Archive log
A user archived the mailbox and a message box popped up stating errors were encountered during archiving and saves a message in the deleted items folder, Error while archiving folder "folder name" in store "Mailbox - username". The file d:\...\..\archive.pst cannot be opened. Does this mean the archive file is corrupt? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#scanpst -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.co...

Archive to pst
One of my end users is getting the following message when trying to archive mail in Outlook 97: Error while aging store "(No Name)". Failed to open a source store. The information store could not be opened. I tried setting up a new archive file, but that gave the same message. I'd appreciate any help! ...

Archived Calendar items
Hi - I am using Outlook 2003. Is there a way to retrieve and view archived calendar items? If so, can someone let me know how this is done? Thanks, Anna "Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0603DE3-25B9-476A-9641-A87553BF8CD0@microsoft.com... > Hi - I am using Outlook 2003. > > Is there a way to retrieve and view archived calendar items? If so, can > someone let me know how this is done? Just open the Calendar in your archive PST, locate the item(s) you want to print or view and have at it. If you have autoarchiving ...

Archiving or deleting old data
Our GP database goes back to 1996 and we are running out of space on our server. We would like to archive or delete data older than 7 years to free up some space, but have been unable to find out how to accomplish this. Any suggestions? Thanks! Margaret There is no archive option in GP. Professional Advantage is one company that has a company archive add-on for GP. Otherwise, you would back up your data to tape and then use the Remove History utilities in the modules. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Margaret" wrote: > Our GP database goes back to 1996 and we are running out o...

archiving more than one employee at a time
I have over 500 employees to archive and was shocked to see i had to do it one at a time, therefore making this feature unattainable for me. Please allow groups of inactive employees to be archived at once. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Archiving/Deleting Journal info from HQ
Hello Unfortunately when our HQ was installed the option to upload all journal information to HQ was turned on. This has made our HQ database grow very rapidly. Once I noticed I turned this option off. Is there any way to archive or delete the journal info stored in Headquarters? Thanks Sam On Tue, 3 May 2005 14:43:47 +1000, "Sam Raso" <samraso@optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hello > >Unfortunately when our HQ was installed the option to upload all journal >information to HQ was turned on. From HQ Manager File | Configuration first option of list.. 'Upload S...

archive.pst is not showing any emails
User recieved new computer, so in transfer of files to new computer I copied the archive.pst file. When trying to open file on new computer, (file size is about 25,000KB) the folder shows on the left reading pane, but says there are no items to show in this view. I have done this before many times, the is the first time that outlook does not show the archived emails. I also tried running scanpst.exe on file, it did say there were some errors, but repair did not seem to fix anything. Please help When you open that file on the original computer, does it still show contents? Have ...

Archiving Money Files #2
Hi all, Whenever I decide to archive old Money data, the process removes the correct dates, transactions, etc. from the main file... But the archived file contains all of the newer transactions as well. I thought an archived file only contained old transactions? EXAMPLE: I just archived the year 2005 from my main file. The main file now shows only transactions dated from 1-1-2006 to now. The archived file contains transactions dated from 1-1-2005 to now. Is this the way Money (I am using Mny 2004) works? In microsoft.public.money, rustyfender04 wrote: > >Whenever I decide ...

ARCHIVE TWILIGHT ZONE
I have 6 pc's that all have Outlook 2002(SP2) on them. 2 Are Win2K and 4 are XP os. On the XP pc's the archive function of Outlook doesn't work properly. There is no error message given at the end of the archive process and it appears all is well until you realize there are still emails that are more than 3 months old in the folder you just archived(archive settings on all of the pc's is 3 months). The pc's are in a Lan configuration with a Win2k sever running Exchange amongst other things but I don't think that's the problem. I think it must be somet...

Outlook 2000 archiving #2
I keep on receiving the following error when my own outlook is trying to archive my folders. Error while archiving folder "Tasks" in store "ARCHIVE 2003". File access is denied Thanks in advance. Karen If you are using Outlook 2000 and are trying to archive to a file created with the the Outlook 2003 unicode file format, it will not work. You need to save your archived mail to a 97-2002 compliant ansi format archive. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual acc...

Retriving an archived e-maill
When i go to my archived.pst file and try to open the file, i get the following message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The attachment size exceed the allowable limit." What do I need to do to be able to open and read my archived e-mail. You can only open a pst within outlook, usually your archive will allready be open, unless you closed it. Look in Folders View "Milt" <Milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02252C87-C1AB-420F-A921-64465DEF0C0B@microsoft.com... > When i go to my archived.pst file and try to open the file,...

Searched Archived Items unaccessible
Using the "search" feature on Archive folders gives me a list of relevant messages, but they don't open. If I look for the same message manualy in the archive inbox, it opens flawlessly. Any ideas??? Thanks ...

Archive Folders -- how to get rid of them
I reset my TOOLS/OPTIONS/OTHER/AUTOARCHIVE/ to off (all options grayed). I got 2 'archive folders' at the bottom of my 'all mail folders' list, when I right click on either one of them, and click on 'close archive folders', I get an error box "the operation failed. An object could not be found." With a button for OK. I want to remove these two folders. Thanks is advance. . . -- les ungerleider You'll need to either edit the registry or create a new profile. A new profile is recommended, unless you have a lot of accounts to recreate. -- Diane P...

Email archiving
Is anyone out there using Legato EmailXtender with their Exchange server? We are. Legato archives any email over the time one specifies. We archive at 90 days. But the problem is that Legato dumps all a person's email into one container, so to speak. All the folders that users had before the archiving are lost. I don't mean that the folders that show up in Outlook are gone. They're still there. But when Legato gets a hold of the emails, the folders are lost. This drives some users...crazy. So I was wondering, maybe it isn't supposed to work this way. Maybe we've n...

OL2000 archiving question
Hi, Is there an explanation somewhere of OL2000 "archiving" re. archive and personal folders? It's not too clear to me. Thanks ...

Outlook 2000 Archive Question
What's the difference between manually moving mail to the Archive Folder and hitting File, Archive? Does the mail end up in the same place? Steve It's the same thing. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "signots@aol.com" wrote: > What's the difference between manually moving mail to the Archive > Folder and hitting File, Archive? Does the mail end up in the same > place? Steve > > Jocelyn, just to be sure we're ...