Archives Personal Folders File

In Outlook 98, I can't seem to make the Archive folder
appear permanently right above the current Outlook
Personal Folder in the left hand Folders List.
Archiving doesn't seem to work.  I get an odd error
message: "Error while aging Store Personal Folders. Errors
in Archive.pst.  Quit Mail applications and use the Inbox
Repair Tool."  I find no such tool.  Outlook 98 just has
confusing documentation, don't know why.
0
tf666 (1)

The Inbox Repair Tool is a file called scanpst.exe -- search your hard
drive for it, then run it and follow the prompts to fix any errors in
your archive.pst file.

To open the archive.PST permanently, you'd need to open it from within
Outlook using File | Open | Personal Folders File.  It should stay in
the Folder List until you close it by right-clicking on its root folder
and selecting Close.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Tim Fitch" <tf666@earthlink.netr> wrote in message
> In Outlook 98, I can't seem to make the Archive folder
> appear permanently right above the current Outlook
> Personal Folder in the left hand Folders List.
> Archiving doesn't seem to work.  I get an odd error
> message: "Error while aging Store Personal Folders. Errors
> in Archive.pst.  Quit Mail applications and use the Inbox
> Repair Tool."  I find no such tool.  Outlook 98 just has
> confusing documentation, don't know why.

Nikki, I found and used the Inbox Repair Tool, which was
interesting but did not solve the problems.
I have no SERVICES under the TOOLS menu; are you sure that
should be there on Outlook 98?  I created an Archive
folder,but I may not have done it the right way, and still
nothing will archive.  Thanks.

file
>(.ost) that you want to scan. This tool will attempt to
fix
>a corrupted PST.
>
>If you don't find it there, just perform a find on your
hard drive
>for "SCANPST.*". This will bring up both the executable
and
>the Helpfile that accompanies it.
>
>************
>To have your Archive folder appear permanently right
>above the current Outlook Personal Folder:
>
>Open Outlook
>Look in the TOOLS | OPTIONS menu
>select the OTHER tab
>Click the AUTOARCHIVE... button
>Write down the location and name of your Archive folder.
>
>Open TOOLS | SERVICES
>Click the ADD... button
>Add PERSONAL FOLDERS
>Click OK
>Using the information above find the Archive folder and
select it.
>Click OPEN button
>
>The folder will appear either above or below your
personal folder
>depending upon it's name. The folders appear in
Alphabetical order.

>--
>Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]
>
>"Tim Fitch" <tf666@earthlink.netr> wrote in message
>In Outlook 98, I can't seem to make the Archive folder
>appear permanently right above the current Outlook
>Personal Folder in the left hand Folders List.
>Archiving doesn't seem to work.  I get an odd error
>message: "Error while aging Store Personal Folders. Errors
>in Archive.pst.  Quit Mail applications and use the Inbox
>Repair Tool."  I find no such tool.  Outlook 98 just has
>confusing documentation, don't know why.
>
>.

0
tf6661 (3)

Duplicate folders #3
I seem to have duplicate folders in Outlook XP. SOme of the content is the same, but there are 2 seperate Inbox folders. How can this be or what have I done? ...

Archiving Fails!
When using Money 2005 or Money 2006, whenever I try to archive my money file, it fails and destroys the integrity of my file. Is there a fix for this or will this feature just not work? You'd have to be more precise describing "it fails and destroys the integrity of my file" if you want to get much constructive help. What messages? What error reports? How are you finding the "integrity destroyed"? In general, archiving doesn't do what many people expect it to, is utterly irreversible, and serves no terribly useful purpose. Many of us have never archived one item...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

Corrupt pst file #5
I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a corrupt pst file. I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end. I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very good. A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any more. So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do anything else with my old files. I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and Calendar back. I know that...

How to search for a personal FOLDER?
I have so many personal folders, that I can't find 1. I searched for a message and found it; it tells me the folder name that it resides in, but I can't find that folder! I can get to the message, but I want to be able to see what else is in that folder, so that I can make sure items are better organized. Is there a way to search for a personal folder and get its path? I tried advanced find using the "all outlook items" criteria, which the field "In Folder," but this failed. Thanks in advance, -J ...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Mailbox/Folder Sizes
Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and Folders? Thanks, Jeff In news:fejk42tj37tcaq1s2j3k2qmn20m91nt7gd@4ax.com, Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed: > Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and > Folders? > > Thanks, > Jeff In ESM, you can see the size of each mailbox, but it won't break it down into subfolders. you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to drill down from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage Groups, to Mailbox Stores...but from there you cannot see ...

Can't delete "virus" program from Temp Folders
Hi! I have 3 remaining "virus" programs in temp folders: * c:\windows|temp * c:\Doc & Sett\name\local settings\Temp When delete or move to desktop, get error: "Cannnot move........being used by another program..." Tried Safe Mode, but "virus" programs not there...... Any way I can delete or move to trash? MUCH THANKS! Gene:) What program are you using to try to remove them? What anti-virus app is installed, and is that what you are using to remove them? Install update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see if it can remove them in...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Sharing Folder Outlook 2003
I can't seem to find any help on this subject. Used to be that you could add a folder from somewhere on the hard drive to the folder tree in Outlook. Can't do that anymore (with Outlook 2003). On my home PC Outlook 2003 is confiugred with 2 profiles. One for me, one for my wife. I would like to have certain emails sent to a common folder so when she opens up Outlook she can see them. Before I create a rule that autoforwards them to her account I was hoping to try just setting up a common folder. Your help is much appreciated. Matt Dear Matt, have a look on this site for...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Security for Xml File
Hello world, How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Nico * Nicolas Joly wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? >Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Hi Nicolas, I am not sure which kind of "protection" you are looking for, if you just worry about access from unauthorized users to an XML document on a web server, you could simply use HTTP facilities to deny access or request for authorization. If you worry about the integrity of the document...

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

Two Copies of Personal Folders Please Help!
I just transfered all of my email from my old computer to my new one and I just noticed that I have two identical copies of my personal folders in Outlook 2003. If I do something to one of them, it happens to both of them. How can I get rid of one of the copies of my personal folders? Also, I don't like the favorites folder. Can I hide or remove it? Thanks. Shannon you can edit the registry, but it'll be easier to make a new profile. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm No, you can't hide Favorite folders. Try Ctrl+6 to use the old folder list view. -- Diane...

corrupt file
when i try to open a excel 2000 worksheet it says that the file i corrupt .Is there anyway i can still open it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Here's a resource post on recovery of corrupted files. I've checked out all the links referred to. Additional comments and suggested additions are welcome. Some of the most frantic and desperate posts come for this and they are frequently in tears of happiness when they get a solution. These points cover corrupted files. Don't confuse these with problems with slow opening, processing or closing of Excel or wit...

Sharing pst file
Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? thanks. TH Yes and no...you can point both users to the same .PST file but they cannot both have it open at the same time, at least not without a 3rd party tool. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm lists at least one such tool. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b5e01c3bb9b$962d9300$a001280a@phx.gbl, Tobin Halim wrote: > Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? > t...

how do I open a file to make corrections
I have written a file and need to make corrections and can not open it! Publisher 2007? There is a hotfix available for your problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976177/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "MarchelleB" <MarchelleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76472C26-5FAE-4454-B390-D3F85BD89FF7@microsoft.com... > I have written a file and need to make corrections and can not open it! On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:27:33 -0700, MarchelleB <MarchelleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have written a file and ne...

Need to fix position of file in visio viewer
We have used a visio viewer to display an balanced score card. The file is being displayed correctly in the visio viewer. The only problem now is that the image displayed in the control is movable i.e. when you click and drag the image displayed in the active x control, it moves in the confines of the control. This is not acceptable. Is there a way by which this can be avoided? Some way by which we can fix the position of the file in the visio viewer. Hi Khyati, There are many ways: 1. Put the image on a background page. The user is less likely to get at it there. 2. Put the image on ...

Disabling formulas and turning file into text only
I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to update the formulas everytime and make it so that only the values show up(formulas are no longer needed once computed) Is there a way to do that besides copying and pasting as special? Not 100% sure, but I think you can do this by going edit/links/break links. >-----Original Message----- >I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other >workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to updat...

Error opening up Microsoft Money 2004 money file
I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 almost every day for several years now, but now all of a sudden when I try to log into my standard .mny file, it gives me an error stating 'The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file'. I have been using the same sign-in name, my hotmail address, for years. When I try to repair the file or select 'Skip Sign-In' it prompts me for a password, so I enter my password, and it still gives me this same sign-in name error. I can't get into Money at all to ...

Quicken file conversion #2
Have tried converting .qif file from Quicken Deluxe 98 (version 7.0), but when Money 2004 Standard on my new Dell 4600 starts the conversion, saying "Large file, may take a few minutes", it shows a progress bar for about 3 seconds, then gives up and says, "Unable to convert file." Dell isn't supporting the installed MS Money on the new computer. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Canaday wrote: >Have tried converting .qif file from Quicken Deluxe 98 >(version 7.0), but when Money 2004 Standard on my new >Dell 4600 starts the conversion, saying...