Archive thrown off by modification date

We are running Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003 in cached mode. We are trying
to impose storage limits on the user mailboxes, and encourage the users to
use AutoArchive within Outlook to help keep their mailboxes clean. Some
users have noticed that certain messages are not archiving as expected. In
looking into this, we've discovered that many e-mail messages have a recent
"Modified" date, and so they are not archived. For example, several messages
from a month or two ago, have a modified date of yesterday. Many of these
messages are modified at the exact same date and time. These messages have
not been flagged, opened, forwarded, or moved since they had been received.

Is there a way to find out what is modifying these messages?

--
IP, Therefore I Am

0
ksteele (25)

We just recently migrated from Domino/Lotus Notes to
Exchange2003/Outlook2003.  All of our e-mail have a modified date of the day
we migrated the messages, which, it would seem, is affecting the archiving
function.  Is there anyway to force the archiving to ignore the modified
date and archive according the the received date?

Carey

"Steele" <ksteele@summitnetworking.net> wrote in message
> We are running Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003 in cached mode. We are
> trying
> to impose storage limits on the user mailboxes, and encourage the users to
> use AutoArchive within Outlook to help keep their mailboxes clean. Some
> users have noticed that certain messages are not archiving as expected. In
> looking into this, we've discovered that many e-mail messages have a
> recent
> "Modified" date, and so they are not archived. For example, several
> messages
> from a month or two ago, have a modified date of yesterday. Many of these
> messages are modified at the exact same date and time. These messages have
> not been flagged, opened, forwarded, or moved since they had been
> received.
>
> Is there a way to find out what is modifying these messages?
>
> --
> IP, Therefore I Am

0
carey1 (1)
2/13/2005 10:35:53 AM
No.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Carey Fruitman asked:

| We just recently migrated from Domino/Lotus Notes to
| Exchange2003/Outlook2003.  All of our e-mail have a modified date of
| the day we migrated the messages, which, it would seem, is affecting
| the archiving function.  Is there anyway to force the archiving to
| ignore the modified date and archive according the the received date?
|
| Carey
|
| "Steele" <ksteele@summitnetworking.net> wrote in message
|| We are running Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003 in cached mode. We are
|| trying
|| to impose storage limits on the user mailboxes, and encourage the
|| users to use AutoArchive within Outlook to help keep their mailboxes
|| clean. Some users have noticed that certain messages are not
|| archiving as expected. In looking into this, we've discovered that
|| many e-mail messages have a recent
|| "Modified" date, and so they are not archived. For example, several
|| messages
|| from a month or two ago, have a modified date of yesterday. Many of
|| these messages are modified at the exact same date and time. These
|| messages have not been flagged, opened, forwarded, or moved since
|| they had been received.
|| Is there a way to find out what is modifying these messages?
|| --
|| IP, Therefore I Am

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Help finding first payment date and amount
I have a simple table and I need help finding the first payment date and the amount payed. Here is the table CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Payments]( [MemberID] [nchar](10) NOT NULL, [PaymentDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [Amount] [money] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Payments] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [MemberID] ASC, [PaymentDate] ASC )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY] Here is some data to insert insert into payments values (101,'01-01-2009',20) insert into payment...

Convert Text to DATE #3
Hello all, I hope you can help with a problem we have in the office. We've got over 4,500 observations which are supposed to be in Date Format. Instead they are in text format, e.g. "01.06.2005 08:26" or just "09.03.2005" but we need to perform various duration calculations on them, so we need them in the Date Format I tried Format Cells-> Category = Date, but it doesn't work. It works however when I enter the cell and then click "Enter". very strange Please help if you have an idea how to do it... Thank you very much Try =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITU...

Preventing auto date formatting
Excel keeps on insisting on formatting my data as date without asking! This is happening in two specific cases: 1) (which I have asked about here previously) When I paste data from the web into Excel that contains data such as 1-3, Excel insists on re-formatting it as 3-Jan. It doesn't matter if I preformat the cells to Text-- the reformatting still occurs. 2) When I have existing data such as 3/4 V, and I use the Replace command to strip the V, Excel reformats the remainder as 4-Mar. Again, the cells in question are formatted as Text before using the Replace command. Does anyone know ...

Can I "wrap" date & time?
Is there a way that I can get date+time data to "wrap" -- that is, display the date (m/dd/yy) on the first line of the cell and the time (hh:mm ap) on the second line? Each row of the table is already two lines tall because of a comments field. I'd like to save horizontal space by breaking the date and time vertically. My table looks like this: B C D E Time Stamp Volume Weight Time Comments 4 9/25/08 500 ml 6.2 g 3:00 The comments often take 1:22 pm up two lines... 5 9/26/08 750...

Opening calendar (month view), I want today's date on top row
I open and use calendar in the month view. if todays date is in the last week of the month, then it is in the bottom row. That means I see all of my appointments, etc. from the last month rather than those in my future. I would like the (uncompressed weekend) month view to open with today's date in the top row... is that possible? No, its not possible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

julian date #3
Is there a formula or line of code that, in a date cell, would automatically convert a date entered in the 07/16/04 format into the 04188 julian format? thank you. You can't have a formula in a cell and make an entry in it - the formula is overwritten. You can use an event macro: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim nYear As Long Dim nDays As Long With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(.Cells, Ra...

Sent Mail Dates Replaced with word NONE
I am using Outlook 97 on a W2k machine. I have suddenly developed a problem in the Sent Items folder. Several weeks back the sent date changed from the usual date to the word NONE. The other folders seem to be OK. What and where can I check settings to look for the root cause of this? TIA, Carl -- Wishing you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May it far exceed your expectations. ...

Remove time from date upon export to csv
I cannot remove the time from the date when exporting invoice data to a csv file. I have followed previous advice and created a query based on my tblInvoices table, in which I have formatted the InvDate field in the Design Grid as follows: Date: Format([tblInvoices.InvDate], "dd/mm/yyyy") (UK format) In the Query, this is fine - just the date, no time shown. I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard. But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time! However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process bu...

import dates to calender
I would like to import dates from a .csv file to a calender, preferably Publisher, how? ...

date/time stamp on user exit
I have a database that logs when a form (RPA) comes into our office. The RPA will go through a few different hands and will have different information entered into the database from each person. How do I get a log of when information is entered and by who? I am a beginner so a detailed explanation would be helpful. Thank you! On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:26:00 -0800, Kim <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a database that logs when a form (RPA) comes into our office. The RPA >will go through a few different hands and will have different information >entered into the...

Entering Dates in Excel
Hi, Is it possible to just enter 020304 in a cell and have the date come out correctly or must I put -'s or \'s to seperate the numbers Hi John without using VBA this is (AFAIK) not possible. Have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm for a VBA solution Frank John wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to just enter 020304 in a cell and have > the date come out correctly or must I put -'s or \'s to > seperate the numbers ...

Format of date field in CRM
I have just created an email template in CRM. I have put a date field that is specified as "date only" in the schema but when it is mail merged the date and time appears in the email. Is there a way to format these fields on merge ie only the date? I am aware that I could push the fields contents into a redundant text field "on save" and then hide the field "on load" but thought there may be a way to format these fields. ...

Recurring Date on 2 Week Interval
I want to populate a table of pay dates based on a 2 week pay cycle. I know the first date, and I want to know all the future pay dates for the next 2 years. Can I do this in TSQL without using a cursor? I do have a calendar table that I'm working with. >> I do have a calendar table that I'm working with. << The short and wrong answer is to do a DATEADD of 14 days blindly. Besides the Calendar table you should also have a Series table of integers 1 to (n). Here is the skeleton. SELECT DATEADD(DD, (14 * S.seq), CAST('2010-01-01' AS DATE)) FROM Se...

How to change default date formula on Excel worksheet
Excel 2007 Want to change the default formula for date on worksheet. Currently any date input auto displays as "17-Apr" for example. I know how to format to display 4/17/2010, but want this as default when I open the worksheet. In excel 2003 it was easy set up in "Options" in 2007, I can't seem to figure how to set this default. Advises please Change it Windows CP, Regional & Language Options. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "alexanderoux" <alexanderoux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E394AB6-C944-4...

view date navigator
has anyone found a way to view the "date navigator" while they are in their inbox? Nope. Can't be done. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a6a01c4a8a1$1b7d3d10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > has anyone found a way to view the "date navigator" while > they are in their...

New Archive folder...?
Howdy, I would like to set up OL2000 so that I have multiple archive folders (by year), but I can't figure how to do it. I thought, incorrectly, that I could just add another archive folder, but that choice is not available. Is there a way to have multiple archives? Thanks for any help, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:04:09 -0400, Kenneth <usenet@SPAMLESSsoleassociates.com> wrote: >Howdy, > >I would like to set up OL2000 so that I have multiple archive folders >(by year), but I can't figure how to do i...

Display a range of dates in a calendar
How can I show a range of dates in a pop-up calendar ?? Let´s say I want to show the range between 2010-03-10 and 2010-04-02 with a different color than the other dates in the calendar. How to do ??? -- Thanks in advance for Your help Have a look at the Flex Grid Appointment-Bookings Demo at :- http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4 Peter Hibbs. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:32:01 -0700, Leif Thorsen <LeifThorsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I show a range of dates in a pop-up calenda...

X axis date
Hi I'm using Excel '97 (Yeah, I know, but it's all I can afford at the moment) I want the X axis to always display a month beyond the latest date, so that the line graph stops short of the right hand side. I can get the Y Axis of value to stay ahead of the game by a consistent amount, but the date defaults back to the latest date when Auto for Max value is ticked. Is this possible? Will I have to use VBA? Please clue me in. Thanks Dave F. Add a series to the chart. It can consist of a single point, where the date is calculated as the maximum in your date column plus 30, an...

Modified date
Please can anyone tell me how I can place in a cell on a sheet the date the workbook was last modified? Thanks Shane. Create a UDF '----------------------------------------------------------------- Function DocProps(prop As String) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Application.Volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell such as =DocProps ("last author") or =DocProps ("last sa...

date reference
hi all, can a single cell accomodate TWO different DATES, and yet refer to them in formulas? i tried having in A1 [from 07/04/01 to 10/15/03] and by using right(left(a1,13),8) to extract data starting from 07/04/01, and right(a1,8) also to refer to end of period selected at 10/15/03. always i get a zero anwser or error. thanks for any help Hi what is the exact value in cell A1 and what are your exact formulas? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "excelFan" <excelFan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3D423A44-6973-4A31-89B8-38321957...

Date problem #3
Hi All, I have a problem with the cell display if a dependant cell is empty. I have a date tracking spreadsheet. It tracks the date visits were made to clients. At the top, I have Week of (cell A2) to (cell C2) to display the week start and end dates. The week runs Mon to Sun. The first blank is cell A2 and the user must enter a date, the second blank, cell C2 contains =A2+6 to display the end of the week date. I then have 7 columns, one for each day of the week. Monday thru Sunday. I am trying to get the date to display below each day of the week based on the entry in cell A2. So I have enter...

actual time and date
Hello, Does anyone know the command for adding the actual time and date to a string? thx in advance -- kizzie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kizzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26092 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394484 How about ="String"&Text(Now(),"d/m/yyyy hh:mm") Rgds, ScottO "kizzie" <kizzie.1tje2f_1123657509.5167@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kizzie.1tje2f_1123657509.5167@excelforum-nospam.com... ...

Is it posible to have a date/text field in an access db
Can I have a date field that is also a text field? In some instances a date is not required and it is important that it is specified as NA in that field. =?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0?= <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:FC4D71FD-5D6E-43D0-A5A4-DD7AD207D038@microsoft.com: > Can I have a date field that is also a text field? In some > instances a date is not required and it is important that it is > specified as NA in that field. > No. You can add a checkbox beside the date to store true or false associated with N/A, and use that to hide the textbox on a form or r...

Dates as text
using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so that the cell will read "Column Heading Date", but the date is showing as a number rather than a date. I want the cell to contain both txt (column heading), and a date. How do I format it to do so? assuming your date is in cell A1: ="heading text "&DAY(A1)&"/"&MONTH(A1)&"/"&YEAR(A1) -- hope to help, cm "lightbulb" wrote: > using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so > that the ce...

Year to Date Information on paystubs
We are using Canadian Payroll and currently the system only reflects YTD values for those pay codes that are utilized during a given pay period. Any pay code that may have been used in prior pay periods is not shown. This is a real problem as year end is approaching and employees want to be able to verify T4 values against their last pay stub for the year. I realize that the US version has the capability to do this and suggest the same be done for the Canadian version too. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions...