Archive size limits in 2003?

Can anyone tell me if there are still issues around .pst
or archive files corrupting when they approach 1 gb?  I
had this problem last year with OL2002 and wanted to know
if it had been fixed in 2003 ... or do I need to be sure
and create additional archive files as they get bigger?

Outlook 2003 introduced a new Unicode format for .PST files that can hold a
vast amount of data -- much more than 2GB.  In fact, for the near future at
least, your hardware will likely limit the size of your .PST before the .PST
itself will.  :-)  However, .PST files created by Outlook 2002 and earlier
(or created in the old format under Outlook 2003) are still subject to the
2GB limit.  Users report problems anywhere from 1GB on, and the practical
limit is 1.83GB.  So keep an eye on the size of any old ANSI .PST files.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:040801c3fccd$ab7172e0$3a01280a@phx.gbl,
Geoff wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there are still issues around .pst
> or archive files corrupting when they approach 1 gb?  I
> had this problem last year with OL2002 and wanted to know
> if it had been fixed in 2003 ... or do I need to be sure
> and create additional archive files as they get bigger?

Thanks!  Is there a way to tell which is which from the
properties or other area?!?

answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:040801c3fccd$ab7172e0$3a01280a@phx.gbl,
>Geoff wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me if there are still issues around .pst
>> or archive files corrupting when they approach 1 gb?  I
>> had this problem last year with OL2002 and wanted to
know
>> if it had been fixed in 2003 ... or do I need to be sure
>> and create additional archive files as they get bigger?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/27/2004 1:27:08 AM
Although true, the operating system will set it to 4GB I do believe

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:%23ddRj9M$DHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Outlook 2003 introduced a new Unicode format for .PST files that can hold
> vast amount of data -- much more than 2GB.  In fact, for the near future
at
> least, your hardware will likely limit the size of your .PST before the
..PST
> itself will.  :-)  However, .PST files created by Outlook 2002 and earlier
> (or created in the old format under Outlook 2003) are still subject to the
> 2GB limit.  Users report problems anywhere from 1GB on, and the practical
> limit is 1.83GB.  So keep an eye on the size of any old ANSI .PST files.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:040801c3fccd$ab7172e0$3a01280a@phx.gbl,
> Geoff wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me if there are still issues around .pst
> > or archive files corrupting when they approach 1 gb?  I
> > had this problem last year with OL2002 and wanted to know
> > if it had been fixed in 2003 ... or do I need to be sure
> > and create additional archive files as they get bigger?

0
JonathanT (55)
2/27/2004 2:33:44 AM
No, it is 20 GB.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ozzie04 asked:

| Although true, the operating system will set it to 4GB I do believe
|

| "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
| message news:%23ddRj9M$DHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
|| Outlook 2003 introduced a new Unicode format for .PST files that can
|| hold a vast amount of data -- much more than 2GB.  In fact, for the
|| near future at least, your hardware will likely limit the size of
|| your .PST before the .PST itself will.  :-)  However, .PST files
|| created by Outlook 2002 and earlier (or created in the old format
|| under Outlook 2003) are still subject to the 2GB limit.  Users
|| report problems anywhere from 1GB on, and the practical limit is
|| 1.83GB.  So keep an eye on the size of any old ANSI .PST files.
|| --
|| Jocelyn Fiorello
|| MVP - Outlook
|| *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
|| reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
|| In news:040801c3fccd$ab7172e0$3a01280a@phx.gbl,
|| Geoff wrote:
||| Can anyone tell me if there are still issues around .pst
||| or archive files corrupting when they approach 1 gb?  I
||| had this problem last year with OL2002 and wanted to know
||| if it had been fixed in 2003 ... or do I need to be sure
||| and create additional archive files as they get bigger?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

FORM funtion 2003/2007 versions
in 2003 version there is the FORM funtion(under data heading) that speeds up the population of small data bases by creating an "input" sheet.I am trying to locate the same funtion in the 2007 version. Sergio It's not on the ribbon, you can only add it to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) This is the small row of icons by default are top left, by the Office Button. To add this, right click on the QAT and select 'Customize Quick Access Toolbar...' Select 'Command Not in the Ribbon' from the 'Choose commands from' dropdown In the listbox below select ...

exchange 2003 message tracking error: Take the challenge
Hello.. to all..I am running exchange 2003 sp1 standard edition. I want to enable message tracking on my 2003 exhcanger server however when I select the check box to do so I am prompted to with the following error: access denied: facility: ldap provider id no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management I am also logged in as adminstrator with full right to all mailboxes Can anyone tell me why this is happening ??? I also gave full access to the log file/folder to try to eliminate this error but I had no success Are you doing this from an account which has been delegated rights to Exchange? ...

Changing the controls' size on the dialog
I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the easy way to do that? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-D/dislog/resizabledialogs/article.php/c1989 "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1146251529.491759.108270@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to > change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the > easy way to do that? > This one works pretty good. http://www.code...

ActiveSync and Outlook 2003 #2
Is anyone having problems syncing contacts and calander to Outlook 2003? I'm running ActiveSync 3.7.1 and keep getting the following error: The following contact cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80040107. The item will be skipped This is an invalid entry ID; have you tried deleting the contact and recreating it? "Nathan Guidry" <nguidry@jjma.com> wrote in message news:eSZ$6EuqEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is anyone having problems syncing contacts and calander to Outlook 2003? > I'm running ActiveSync 3.7.1 and keep getting the follo...

Exchange Server 2003 and BES
we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I assume only 1 right? I don't believe that there is such a limitation. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "RC" <RichChristy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166813039.169810.49430@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our > sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I > assume only 1 right...

Help Configuring Message Size Limits
All, I am looking for some recommendations on how to configure my message limits based on my current exchange 2003 configuration. I want to restrict the size of messages bound for the internet to 10 mb while allowing internal delivery of 20mb messages. My current configuration is a simple 10mb global send receive restriction. I have a single routing group with an internet mail service connector with no size specified in the content restrictions. I also have a default SMTP virtual server configured for each of my servers (3 gateways and 4 internal) all with no message restrictions. I ...

changing font size
I use Styles to define 3 or 4 different combinations of font, size, alignment etc. If I save and close the document, then come back to it some time later, I often find that font sizes have been changed. For example if I set a style called "Detail" at Garamond 12 Italic, when I reopen the document "Detail" may have been reset to Garamond 10 Italic, and this may have happened to several other styles as well. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? Publisher 2003 under Win XP Pro. Thanks in advance! Did you install the updates to Publisher 2003? -- H...

Bad Mail log full (2003)
Running exchange 2003 on server 2003. The Bad Mail log fills up until the drive runs out of space. If I try to open that folder or delete the bad mail folder, it locks up and i have to reboot. The only way to clear it is to format that drive. I can find no settings to limit the amount of space the log files take up. Right now, i have the log files on a 25 GB partition and its full, i just ignore the notice that i'm running low on that disk drive and everything seems to be running ok. I'm sure there has to be a way to limit it. Thanks for any suggestions. Jason "...

Exchange 2003 Hosting Enviroment
I set up Global Address List specific to companies that we host email for. Everything works fine (I get the custom list) until I click Send/Receive - Download Address Book, or a user in Cached Mode downloads it. Instead of downloading the custom list it downloads the list containing every mail object in the domain. I set the QueryBaseDN for OWA, and the MSExchUseOAB settings for OAB in ADSI but whereas OWA works fine, OAB doesn't work. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thank you. Check the Default OAB - does it include all the custom Address Lists? Here's a tutorial on setting up G...

Mailbox permission in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's mail. I suspect someone accidentally grant everyone to have privilieges to all the mailboxes. Need advise on how to remove everyone privileges in all the mailboxex to resolve this problems. Thanks. On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:34:01 -0800, Sim YF <Sim YF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the >mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's...

Outlook 2003 Auto Attachment
Hi all, not sure if this is possible but I would like to know if it is possible that when you hit the NEW icon in Outlook an attachment is automatically attached to the email being sent. Its for a marketing exercise and getting fed up of having to attach the "flyer" - thank you if you use VBA, yes. See outlookcode.com for samples. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a w...

formatting numbers in excel 2003
In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals, place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the tools, options. When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in cell. I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as describted above I get 3.29 in either case. Please tell me what to do. 20 years of entering this way will not change overnight if I cannot find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. tammie This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003. See this thread from a google sear...

Macro query + excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range A21:S81 on this sheet it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. Thanks Hi Neil Try the below macro.. --Edit the extternal workbook name and path --Edit the destination sheet name... --Edit the copy desitnation. Currently that is mentioned as cell A1 Sub Macro() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set wb1 = ActiveWorkbook Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("c:\1.xls"...

Microsoft Office 2003
Installed on my Windows Xp/sp2. I'm unable to erase this from my computer! I have been researching this for the pass couple of days but just can't find an answer as to how to completely delete it. Many drop down mini windows appear with each one refering me to another window but all follow-ups are vague. Can someone point me in the right direction? Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs -- HTH, George "neverontuesday" <meadows28> wrote in message news:2C3F6446-4A2E-4125-8662-70D53E710C75@microsoft.com... > Installed on my Windows Xp/sp2. > I'm u...

Installing Business Contact manager for outlook 2003
Error message: Business contact manager for outlook 2003 requires file and print sharing to be enabled. Please enable this service and run setup again. How do I turn on file and print sharing ??? Is this done through Outlook? I Just reinstalled windows XP today! ...

word 2003. new document does not recognise right hand margin
When openning a new document in 'Word' it will not accept typed input to the right hand margin. However, after selecting the 'Column Icon' and choosing single column, it will rearrange text to fill to the right hand margin. There is no sign on the top ruler that it is a 2 column document at the beginning. It is easy to correct, but is there any way of making sure that a new document will automatically accept text to the right hand marginwithout having to select 'single column'? this is in Office 2003 - Student Teacher edition. This situation appeared ab...

Outlook 2003 and Read receipt problem
Hello, No Microsoft guy is willing to step in and answer my question? I am having problems sending a read receipt when someone asks for one. The problem is that the application (Outlook 2003 on XP Prof SP2) is trying to send a receipt but not using the email address people used to send the email "TO". The first time I installed Office 2003 Prof when someone asked for a read receipt I set it up so I can confirm whether I want to send a receipt or not. When I choose to send a "response" the people that suppose to receive it said it did not arrive. Because since "r...

'Selection too large' message in Excel 2003
When I fill down or copy and paste formats only, I continue to get a 'Selection too large' popup. It's happened on several different spreadsheets over a few weeks, so it's not an isolated incident. The PC I work from (a P4-2.8, 512MB RAM) was upgraded recently, as was Excel 2003, and I don't remember this being an issue using Excel 97 on a P4-2.4, 256MB system which I had prior to the upgrade. Also, we're running Windows 2000 on a Novell network. My config.sys has the following lines which may have some or no bearing on the problem: Files=40 Buffers=40 Stac...

2003: Remove File Dropdown Entries ???
Hi... Running Access 2003; & when I go to 'File' on my Command Bar, there are a few old databases in the dropdown menu that are long gone from my system. I know this as an anal type question...but I want to get rid of everything in that menu I no longer use. Can someone please explain how? Thanks, mark4man In news:eUF7U6L8HHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT <trct.drc@verizon.net> wrote: > Hi... > > Running Access 2003; & when I go to 'File' on my Command Bar, there > are a few old databases in the dropdown menu that are l...

Outlook 2003 Calendar views
How can I get today always to be in the middle of my calendar view? For example, when I have calendar set to Week view, I can't see Monday if today is Sunday (last day of the week) unless I change the view to next week. I'd like Week view to show 3 days on each side of today. Is there a way? What about in Outlook 2007? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF TreeView Control With Filtering of Nodes Based on Their Levels http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc841e66-3aac-4bd9-baba-bf26b9783a9b/wpf-treeview-control-with.aspx Its not possible, ...

Excel 2003 Charts slow to refresh
I have a user whose charts are slow to refresh. I have reinstalled Office 2003 and made sure it is patched. I have also tried logging on to the PC as a different user. Neither made a difference. If the document is opened on a different PC (still 2003), then the charts up date quickly Any ideas? Thanks, Jim Fixed! - it was the graphics card Turned down hardware acceleration by 2 notches and hey presto, normal service was resumed! Jim "JimXOX" wrote: > I have a user whose charts are slow to refresh. I have reinstalled Office > 2003 and made sure it is patched. I ha...

Lost "News" Button During Configuration in Outlook 2003
I was following the instructions** for adding the "News" option to the "Go" task bar menu and managed to "lose" the news button! It is no longer in the Add/Remove Buttons->Customize box and I can't find it under any of the other task bar buttons. Any suggestions on finding the button or restoring it?! Thanks! Don **Add/Remove Buttons->Customize->Go->drag news button to GO in task bar. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If...

Exchange 2003 send as permission,please help!
Hi All I have Exchange 2003 standard. Put simply I have followed the exact ms knowledge base item on how to allow "send as " permission to another mailbox. I have selected the mailbox in question,selected avanced,security,and added in a user who i want to give the send as permission to. Then selected give send as permission to the user and got them to log off and back on again. It doesn't work and you get "you do not have permission to send on behalf of the specified user". I gave it a day in case it had to read its configeration but still no joy. Can you hel...

merging cells excel 2003
Hello, I have a spreadsheet which has 3 headings each 3 columns wide. bcd - efg - ghi Now on the 2nd row each on of the 3 columns has been merged so you can write in the title, "Available for Monday" "Available Later" "Never Available". So far so good. But the columns below (about 100 of them) are not merged. |----------------|-----------------|----------------| |---|-----|------|----|-----|------|---|-----|------| |---|-----|------|----|-----|------|---|-----|------| |---|-----|------|----|-----|------|---|-----|------| .... .... |---|-----|------|----|-----|---...

CToolTipCtrl 80 char limitation
CToolTipCtrl does only display the first 80 characters of the tool tip string that I passed to it in AddTool. But I need it to display up to 150 characters. How can I get around this 80 char limitation? Thanks for any comments Stefan "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62F29CBF-89E6-4C0A-816B-6FA0C43E366F@microsoft.com... > CToolTipCtrl does only display the first 80 characters of the tool tip string > that I passed to it in AddTool. But I need it to display up to 150 > characters. > > How can I get around this 80 char limitat...