Archive settings do not work

When I try to archive my calendar manually, the archive
feature does not work. I have an Archive folders in my
Folder list and Outlook Today - Mailbox [Barry Beljak]

My auto archive file is set to D:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst

If I go to properties in Archive Folders the same location
is specified.

I tried to set an appointmant on 8/18/03 and than I
specified in Archive options to archive all the calendar
items older than 8/19/03. This appointmant did not get
archived.
0
bbeljak (1)

Check the Last Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you
think they should.  That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not
an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the
item to another folder can change the Last Modified date.  More information
and a list of actions that change the Last Modified date can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295657

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:0c0001c39971$920f0d40$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Barry Beljak wrote:

> When I try to archive my calendar manually, the archive
> feature does not work. I have an Archive folders in my
> Folder list and Outlook Today - Mailbox [Barry Beljak]
>
> My auto archive file is set to D:\Documents and
> Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Archive.pst
>
> If I go to properties in Archive Folders the same location
> is specified.
>
> I tried to set an appointmant on 8/18/03 and than I
> specified in Archive options to archive all the calendar
> items older than 8/19/03. This appointmant did not get
> archived.

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Capital One Downloads (and other Yodlee Downloads) not working
I use MS Money to download transactions of Capital One and Bank of America credit cards. For the last 4 days, MS Money has been unable to download these transactions, and when I log into the "My Money" section of the MSN Money web site, I cannot download the transactions either. Both of these downloads are handled via the Yodlee service. Is this a known outage? Are others experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution? I've tried logging in and out of Passport, but the downloads continue to fail. Thanks, Reddog None of these are working for me today. I assume i...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Retrieving (re-importing) .pst archive files in Outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in Outlook 2000? I have tried Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File (.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook ... and can't see any .pst files. In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on in Tools/Folder...

Naxian Email Archiving and Compliance now available WorldWide
Naxian Message Tracker is an ideal solution for anyone looking for a cost effective solution that has all the features and more of the major email archiving tools. Visit www.naxian.co.za Unlike many solutions Naxian has been developed in the harshest internet environment in the world, South Africa where poor bandwidth and connectivity place harsh restritions on email traffic and how it can or should be archived. Naxian copes in an environement where 26 emails are processed every second! Visit www.naxian.co.za ...

Message tracking not work on XP SP2
Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager 2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:26:05 -0700, Pol <Pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager >2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is >still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! Your workstation needs to be abl...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Exchsrvr\Imcdata\In\Archive
Hi, We're running out of space on our exchange server, I've had a look at priv.edb and thats about 3.7GB, which I guess is okay, but havingl looked in the two directories below, they total around 8GB. Exchsrvr\Imcdata\In\Archive Eexchsrvr\imcdata\out\Archive Can I safely delete this files or move them someplace else? Thanks Lavan Lavan You can safely delete contents of ARCHIVE folders as it contains copy of each in|out going message. You also can stop this logging in IMC props\diag logging\Message Archival lavann wrote: > Hi, > > We're running out of space on our e...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search not working.
I installed Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2. The instant search does not work and desktop search can find everything except email messages. I have rebuilt the index and uninstalled and reinstalled Window Desktop Search 3.0. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I fixed mine by doing two things, not scientific, doing only one may have worked. I unchecked Outlook Express. (Maybe it only likes one email client) (It search OE fine by the way) I ran the repair option for Office 2007 in add remove programs. (I installed search after Outlook prompted me on its first use, maybe Search should be...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Setting up an email server
I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. All the routing looks good, I have the new MX pointing to the domain of my external port on my firewall. And the new domain is added into Exchange. But when I try to send an email to a new recipent using the new domain name I recieve: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Any ideas? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:57:41 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. &...

Works Portfolio
I accidently deleted my WksSb.exe application, how can I get this application back? -- Sugarpiemims ...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Contact categories & Exchange 2003: do they work together?
In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are all located in a public folder. "Paul van Egmond" <paul@oenone.nl> wrote: >In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange >to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have >been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. >Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are >all located in a public folder. ...

How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?
I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi Ann, I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of manufacturing and shipping a washing machine. It may help you to get going. It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price of different options and shipping prices based on different zones. Regards, Howard "Ann from CCC" <Ann from CCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58874DF-8329-48B7-ACB0-4567A8BBBA89@microsoft.com... >I am trying to f...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

Transfer Settings
I have searched all over for a way to export my outlook setting from one PC to another, but have found nothing. I exported data and the import seems to have gone fine. Can someone tell me if there is a way to export my settings from outlook on one PC to another - including my account and display settings?? Settings such as display the preview window below the email list... Thank you.. My reply is at the bottom of your sent message. In news:056D480D-3A27-46DE-910D-EE8966BF2A8A@microsoft.com, MVP - WannaB <nospam at here dot priv> typed: > I have searched all over for a wa...

Server settings for message addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

how do I set up spread sheet for demographical data to get graph.
I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service usage numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, region, percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff DoHi, Do you want to show these results graphically, or in the form of some sort of output table? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10355820.aspx How are you intending to get the data or enter the data into this sheet? How many worksheets or tables will you need? What is the final display options: Examples, Reports, Charts, Pivot = table? And lastly who are the end users, and how do they...

archiving e-mail .pst file limit
Hi , is ther a file size limit for the .pst file? I have had problems with users who have a pst file close to 2gig not being able to archive files unless they create a new pst file and then they are able to archive. Also if there is a size limit , can it be reset to a higher size? Thanks 2GB is the file size limit for pst-files created in Outlook 97-2002 and cannot be extended. The pst-files created in Outlook 2003 by default can become 20GB but can be extended to a virtual unlimited size. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up ...

set excel always on top
Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other programs. TIA Todd L. that is a windows question. this is excel workgroup. >-----Original Message----- >Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and >other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other >programs. > >TIA > >Todd L. >. > Take a look at this post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3D3DD50A.CF0CACC5%40msn.com Todd wrote: > &g...

Retry/Work Offilne???
need some help, one of our machines takes about 10 minutes to get into outlook (OL2K, exch5.5) and gives the screen for Retry or Work Offline. You have to hit the retry to get it to logon. There arent any errors, it just takes forever. I can ping the exchange consistantly and quickly so i'm kinda lost. any ideas? thanks vince ...