Archive Modified date

QQ, I have just moved users from one mail server to another. Now, archiving
no longer works. I looked at this and found out that archiving works with
modified dates and since this was changed recently I am stuck.

Do you guys have any idea, if their is a work around for this. Users have
lots of sub folders.

Thanks

AA

Not really...you can manually archive by dragging and dropping items to the
archive folders, or you might be able to use one of the 3rd party solutions
listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"AA" wrote:

> QQ, I have just moved users from one mail server to another. Now, archiving
> no longer works. I looked at this and found out that archiving works with
> modified dates and since this was changed recently I am stuck.
>
> Do you guys have any idea, if their is a work around for this. Users have
> lots of sub folders.
>
> Thanks

Thanks decided to break it up using exmerge.

Cheers

<JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not really...you can manually archive by dragging and dropping items to
> the
> archive folders, or you might be able to use one of the 3rd party
> solutions
> listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "AA" wrote:
>
>> QQ, I have just moved users from one mail server to another. Now,
>> archiving
>> no longer works. I looked at this and found out that archiving works with
>> modified dates and since this was changed recently I am stuck.
>>
>> Do you guys have any idea, if their is a work around for this. Users have
>> lots of sub folders.
>>
>> Thanks

AA

Creating Date Field in Excel
let's say i want to A1 cell to have today's date A2 cell tro have tomorrow's date and so on. but i don't want to enter the dates by hand. is there a way to do it automatically.? I tried selecting the first column adn do format cells and select date format but nothing appeared.. thanks a lot in advance for all the responses. Yes, A1: =TODAY() A2: =A1+1 A3: =A2+1 etc. That will update each day. If you want them static, in A1, hit Ctrl-: (colon), and then just drag A1 down the other cells. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (rem...

Defining X-axis scales as dates or times
I often plot measured data as a scatter plot with the value on the Y-axis, and a time or date on the X-axis. The wizard will pick default values for the X-axis that usually need to be altered. Since moving to Excel 2007 I have been unable to specify the X-axis min and max values as dates or times. With '2003 I used to be able to specify, say, a minimum of 08/09/2008 09:00 and a maximum of 08/09/2008 09:10. Now I would have to use numeric values of 39699.375 and 39699.3819444. Does anyone know a way of doing this? Thanks Hi, That convenient auto conversion does not occur in 2007. Y...

Report Writer (Modify Stock PO Form)
I need to add a comment to all PO's forms. (ie. "All corespondents must reference the above PO number.") Can someone walk me through the process from start to finish or show me where to find this info. thanks, GP9.0 SP3 -- Christian S South Carolina Christian, If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can create a comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup > Company > Comments) by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and setting the series to Purchasing. When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the lookup. ...

Converting integers into dates
I have a large database where the Date of birth has been set to type integer of the form dd/mm/yy. I need to perform some calculations on the dates but when I try to just change the type to date it seems to come up with a totally different date. Can anyone suggest how these can be converted and still keep the correct values? Thanks How are you attempting to convert the integers, and how are you attempting to use the resultant dates? If you're trying to use the dates in SQL statements (which includes the Domain Aggregate functions such as DLookup), regardless of what your Short D...

plotting dates
I entered some dates on which houses were sold and the price. I want an unconnected scatter chart with date on the X axis. Excel does not sort the date correctly at all. It displays them correct in the data section, but will not sort correctly. (I expected to find the Y2k problems fixed by now). How can I get the dates to sort out so my chart will be meaningful. Thank you, -- Bryan Kelly Time is the medium we use to express out priorities. I once had the same problem Try changing the chart type to line, set chart options, axes primary t 'time scale', as set your chart series f...

Comparing Dates
hi gurus! I struggle with this one repeatedly! I am an Australian and our date format is normally "dd/mm/yyyy" ie 10/12/2007 is the 10th of December 2007 and not the 12th of October 2007. The current situation I have is:- ScheduledDates stored against courses in an Access Table A form with a Date field (normal format is dd/mm/yyyy) I want to do a comparison in VB SQL as follows:- "....WHERE ScheduledDate >= #" & me.formcontrolDate & "# ..." what I am getting is failing due to the fact that the ScheduledDate from the table is being returned as 1...

Expiration date on Layaways and Quotes
Hello to all. I am trying to include on printed quotes and layaways the expiration date that can be set by pressing CONTROL-F9 on the POS screen. I tried using the Order.EpsirationOrDueDate field name but al I get is the dreaded "invalid token" error. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance. Transaction.OrderDueDate "Vargas" <Vargas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0D497F0-8944-4B94-9621-C49262291848@microsoft.com... > Hello to all. > > I am trying to include on printed quotes and layaways the expiration date > that can be set...

count the presence of a date as 1
I am building a sales tracking chart which includes a date when an item is sold. I need to count the number of sales based on whether or not a date has been entered. I'm pretty sure we'll need at least some of the details! -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "WLWTNG" <WLWTNG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E5CF06C-23C1-497D-9CCB-DFA08BFD7921@microsoft.com... >I am building a sales tracking chart which includes a date when an item is > sold. I need to count the number of sales based on whether or not a date > has > been enter...

Archiveing 98
When I archived my records from last year not al of them went to the archive file. How do I get them all to archive? In microsoft.public.money, Gregg wrote: >When I archived my records from last year not al of them >went to the archive file. How do I get them all to >archive? Investment transactions do not get removed from the file upon archive. They did all go to the archive file; the archive file is a copy of the Money file as it existed at the time of archive. See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. This is just one of many shortcomings of t...

Convert a column of data from Text to date format
I have a column of dates, that excel isn't recognizing as dates, but instead as text. When I double click in the cell and press enter, excel converts to a date. Is there a technique I can use to convert all of the cells in the entire column to date format in one step. Thanks for any suggestions. FYI, I am using excel 2003. On Sep 16, 2:36=A0pm, Dave K <fred.sher...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a column of dates, that excel isn't recognizing as dates, but > instead as text. When I double click in the cell and press enter, > excel converts to a date. > > Is there a...

Showing the Sent/Recieved date in views listing email activities
Hi does anyone know of a way that you can display a sent or recieved date when displaying a list of email activities? TIA Antony Antony, Interesting question. I never thought about it before, but I did some research. For incoming e-mails, it seems that the date/time it was received can be either the createdon or modifiedon attributes. They seem to be the same values. For outgoing e-mails, the modifiedon attribute seems to be the correct attribute. So, my guess is that the modifiedon attribute has the information you need. You can tell if an e-mail is incoming or outgoing using the di...

formula to count matching days between two date ranges (for large list of names)
I have two sheets. Sheet 1 and sheet 2. Sheet1: has a list of Social Security Numbers, followed by a date Range (i.e., start date field and end date field). The date ranges are discrete (i.e., do not overlap) with each other for any given name. SHEET 1 Name A Start Date A End Date SSN1 1/1/09 1/5/09 SSN2 4/1/09 4/15/09 SSN1 3/2/10 3/15/10 SSN3 ETC... Sheet 2 has the same information (i.e., multiple records with SSNs, followed by date ranges Name B Start Date B End Date RESULT NEEDED SSN1 1/1/09 1/31/09 5 SSN2 4...

Text to Date
I imported a spreadsheet where they didn't format date values... so i get dates including 12/12/2006, 1/1/2006, 12/1/2006, 1/12/2006 (all mo/day/yr) and I'm trying to import them in as a date value. Here's what I did that works until I get a 1/1/2006 type of entry: Format(DateSerial(Right([f1],4),Left([f1],InStr([f1],"/")-1),Mid([f1],InStr([f1],"/")+1,InStrRev([f1],"/")-4)),"mm/dd/yyyy") so the year and month is no prob; I just need help with the middle 'day' value when they can be 1 or 2 digits....thanks You're working too ...

xy scatter
I have an xy scatter chart, which is plotting info for 3 different series. My end date is 2006, yet the X axis shows an end date of 2008. I have not plotted any data for 2007, or 2008. The years appear on my x axis with no info plotted on the y axis. Any ideas how to adjust to reflect just up to the actual date of 2006? Thanks, Alicia I saw your other post. Could you paste a sample of the data for the three series? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Alicia" <A...

Date formatting in Excel XP
I am just starting to use Excel XP having been using Excel 97 for sometime. Already frustrated by some code that wouldn't run (which runs fine in Excel97), I next encounter this date formatting problem. I have just typed "1/8" into a cell to get returned 08/01 (American format). In the formula bar it shows 01/08/2003 as it should. I normally custom format the dates to dd:mmm:yy. On trying to this nothing happened at all. My first thought was that the regional settings were set for American formats but on checking this I found them to UK and all appeared OK. Am I being particu...

Unix Date Conversion
I am using the DateAdd() function to convert a unix code to date/time format. My problem is access seems to be adding 6 hours to the date/time. Has anyone every exp. this? Does anyone know what I can do to fix it? (Example 1073519077 should convert to 1/28/2004 12:15:32 AM, right?. In a web GUI, the date is displayed as 1/27/2004 18:15:32 PM-which is right? I don't want to question the developer of the web app until I can pin point the source of the problem. Any help is appreciated. -Corey I get the following: ?DateAdd("s", 1073519077, #1/1/1970#) 2004-01-07 23:44:37 wh...

How do I display months and years between two dates
I need to display the months and years between two dates in two separate fields. I want a result such as 3 months, 2 years with months in B1 and years in B2. Any suggestions? Thank you! later date in f5, earlier in f4 =DATEDIF(F5,F4,"m") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "JSmith" <JSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38B86996-E173-4EC9-9528-E272FC179D4B@microsoft.com... > I need to display the months and years between two dates in two separate > fields. > > I want a result such as 3 months, 2 years with months in B...

CRM for Outlook does not display Email Sent Date
I feel this issue is critical because I am getting enormous grief from customers who wish to use CRM for Outlook to upload all historical emails into CRM. Some have been waiting since Feb 06. The reason why they can't at the moment is that when you select "Track in CRM" it promotes the email to a CRM activity and uses the system date instead of the date the email was received or sent (I understand it worked correctly in v1.2). THIS IS A MAJOR BUG IN CRM AND I AM ASTOUNDED THAT IT "STILL" HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. I have read in numerous postings on the web of similar ...

rolling 12 month date filter for pivot table?
Is there a way to add a rolling 12 month date filter for 'last 12 months' to a pivot table? I see how to add last year, last month, etc., but I need a way to filter for last 12 months (or even last 6) so that I don't have to update the date filter every month. This pivot table is for manufacturing production data and is connected to an analysis services data cube. Excel 2007 PivotTable Last x months. Two ways: http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/01_05_10.xlsm Mr. Seidenber, Thank you for your help. I tried the first solution so far. Since this pivot ...

PST/OST archiving
Hi everybody! I have a doubt regarding archiving items on Outlook 2003: moving mails from the Inbox to the archive, I see that the PST archive file does not grow, instead another file in the same folder grows: the OST file. Why this behaviour? Since this is happening, to backup my mails I suppose I have to burn both PST both OST files: otherwise I would like to have only the PST file to burn. Is there a way to obtain this? Many thanks, any help appreciated! Antimo The OST file is simply an offline copy of your Exchange server mailbox if you synchronize Outlook, for example if you travel an...

Lost "Sent Date" Column in Sent Items
Somehow I lost the "Sent Date & Time" column in the "Sent Items" folder. How can I get it back? Thanks Mike Thomas ...

How to get calendar appointment date when searching
I want to be able to search the calendar using OWA for meetings with a particular person. When I perfrom the search, the results returned show the received date, not the meeting date. Can I change this view? is there another way to get the date of the meeting on the calendar? Oultook client returns the date of the meeting when doing a search. ...

A way to modify pattern applied to every other row
Hello, I do see how to use the autoformat and List 1 to produce shading for every other row. Is there a way to modify the color of the shading? Thanks very much in advance bartmacl Using List1 from the Styles dialog you will find that inserting/deleting rows or sorting/filtering will mess up the alternate row formatting. If you use Conditional formatting you can choose the color and the banding will hold through the above functions. Select a gaggle of rows then Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Format to a color you like and OK your way ou...

Direct Deposit Dates
I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have direct deposit for my monthly wages which get deposited on the first of the month unless the first of the month falls on a weekend-in which case the deposit is made the friday before the first of the month. This creates a problem with reporting in that it shows I made twice my normal income because it shows a direct deposit on 10/1/2008 and 10/31/2008. How can I manually push the 10/31/2008 direct deposit to 11/1/2008 so that the reports and calculations within Money make sense. Thanks for your help. I'm assuming you are not ...

IMF Archive Manager:
What version is the best to use on Windows 2003 Standard with Exchange 2003? IMF Archive Manager: On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:50:27 -0500, "North Coast Sea Foods" <jleonard@northcoastseafoods.com> wrote: >What version is the best to use on Windows 2003 Standard with Exchange 2003? > >IMF Archive Manager: > Doesn't matter. You're just using something that sits outside or parallel to Exchange. Use the latest version as they'll provide free updates anyway. ...