Archive file size #2

Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size.  So
I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived archive.pst to
that.  It all seemed to work, but the size of the original file is to all
intents and purposes the same!  How can that be?  I thought archiving MOVED
the files rather than copying them.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my
original archive file?

Many thanks

rdc

0
rdc

You need to compact the PST file after removing items out of it.  This is
done by right clicking on the top folder ("personal folders") and select
properties > advanced > compact now.

"rdc" <rdc at richardcooke.co.uk> wrote in message
> Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size.
> So I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived
> archive.pst to that.  It all seemed to work, but the size of the original
> file is to all intents and purposes the same!  How can that be?  I thought
> archiving MOVED the files rather than copying them.
>
> Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my
> original archive file?
>
> Many thanks
>
> rdc

0
Neo (372)

lookup with 2 criteria
I'm working on utility data for a chain of stores. I need to lookup an account number based on both facility # and meter # b/c some facilities have multiple meters. This formula only matches the account # and does not cross reference meter #. =VLOOKUP(A96,Gaps!$A$8:$D$2102,3) A96 = fac # on sheet 2 Gaps!A8:D2102 = where data is kept On gaps page, fac # is column A, account # is column C, meter # is column D Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom! Hi try the following array formula entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX(Gaps!$C$8:$C$2102,MATCH(1,(Gaps!$A$8:$A$2102=A96)*(Gaps!$D$8:...

How do I print 2 charts to 1 page?
Hi Cloudy Maybe http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cloudy Amie" <Cloudy Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9890E25-B186-4140-B829-AEF7EB1ED109@microsoft.com... > ...

Macro to save file using vlookup...
Here's what I'm trying to do... I want a macro that will take a date value from a cell (say B2 on sheet1) and compare it to a list of closing dates (month's end closing). It needs to then make folders for the year and month (if they don't already exist) and save the file in that folder. The sheet with the closing dates is setup like this: Month Ending Fiscal Year November 11/28/04 2005 December 12/31/04 2005 And so on... Thanks for the help up front! ...

cannot open file 'mfc42.lib'
I converted a mfc project from vc 6.0 to vc 7.1 and am getting the following link error. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42.lib' I don't know why it's trying to link with the old mfc libraries, what do I need to do to get it to link with the mfc71 libraries? Are you still linking with other libraries that may use MFC and have not been ported to 7.1? They would try to pull in that lib. Tom "Brian Adams" <BrianAdams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AED12865-4395-4414-96B5-DC2993F051A4@microsoft.com... > I converted a mfc projec...

Can't open a Publisher 2K file in Publisher 2002, edit text only .
Why can't I open an existing Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2002, then make minor text edits and re-save the file in Publisher 2000 without getting the error message, "There is a picture on page 1 that is too large to be converted to previous versions of Publisher." Publisher 2000 did not use compression... PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253973 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Art Frustrated with Publisher...

cannot open excel file
I go to open an excel spreadsheet that was working perfectly fine on Friday (it is now Monday), and I get the following error message (regardless of Macro settings): "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I did a search of all "*.log" files on my computer, and the only one modified at the same time as the error is drwtsn32.log. Here's the entry I get from the log file: "Application exception occurred: App: (pid=624) When: 6/6/2005 @ 10:28:51.290 ...

Importing Text Files #2
Anyone know how to create an overflow for text files? I import massive amounts of data from a text file into Excel, and I always must do this several times after opening text file and deleting top 62000 lines. I found a macro online once, and had it set up on my computer, but have since reformatted and lost the macro. Anyone know where to find this macro again? Or know how to force the import to continue on a second sheet? THank you in advance for any help..... Adam HI, Play with this code - it'll ask you how many lines to put on a page before adding a new page and filling it u...

Outlook 2000 in XP #2
I've just installed my copy of Outlook 2000 onto my new computer that has Windows XP, and I'm confused by the fact that when I send/receive, I'm no longer told how many messages I'm receiving. Is this no longer information they think I'm interested in, or is it some option I'm just not finding the switch for anywhere? It never was an "option" before, and it certainly IS information I want to know - am I in the midst of receiving 4 messages or 40! Anyone know? Thanks! Lisa Can we assume you were using Outlook 2000 on your previous computer also? A...

2 Questions #3
What are some -strategies- to testing formulas? :confused: Please describe the steps to creating a chart. :confused: Thank you! :cool -- shein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sheiny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26857 Hi Sheiny If you want to know the correct way to create a chart - these are the steps. Enter ytour data into the cells. Select the data and then click on the Chart Wizard on the Standard Toolbar - (the one w...

NDR Problem #2
Hi All, I have a problem. In my installation of Exchange in SBS 2003 whe I use Outlook such as client everything is ok. If I use Outlook Express (or different client using standard SMTP) when I mistake the email address I do not receive the NDR from the server. Some suggestions? Thanks Bonato Pierantonio P.S. I use the same windows account for outlook and express Hi, by default exchange SMTP service is deliver a NDR, you can check under the SMTP Virtual Server or the routing group (Delivery Advanced), if something changed from the defaults you can see it over there. Cheers, N. -- ...

opening older/newer files
my Publisher 2000 wil not open files from a different version, but my other versions will-is there a plug-in or patch for this-THANKS luhkeekid <luhkeekid@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > my Publisher 2000 wil not open files from a different version, but my > other versions will-is there a plug-in or patch for this-THANKS No, there is no plugin or patch. Publisher 2000 will not open files from Publisher 2002 or 2003, or Publisher 1.0. Publisher 2002 and 2003 will open files from all versions of Publisher apart from 1.0. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micro...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #2
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ hi on sheet 2 in your specific cell put this =sheet1!A1 regards FSt1 "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do not...

outlook express removing incoming files
Recently incoming messages have attached files removed with the message, 'OE removed access to the following unsafe files.' Any ideas how I can stop this. tools->options-security tab. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexpl...

My WMP library contains wav files best way to convert to mp3
I'm loading my Vinyl albums into WMP as WAV files. I've completed 100 and now have a very large file (48G). How can I convert the WAV files to MP3 without having to recreate my WMP library. i've split all the tracks and renamed them and added art work. I've converted the wav files to MP3 but when I drag the converted files into my WPM library I get a red X next to track that is associated with that file. If I do nothing will WMP automatically convert the files when I sync a device to the WMP? WMP supports transcoding When syncing, the files will be translate...

CRM 1.2 and Change Domain
Hi, I know Microsoft CRM is tightly integrated to Active Directory and Windows Domains. However, we've been acquired by another company to which we need to merge our systems to their AD. Our CRM has a lot of data and our current Windows domain should go after every systems are migrated. Does anyone ever tried a domain migration with a Microsoft CRM installed ? Do we need to export everything and then reimport everything? Thanks for your help! Sylvain Belanger Well, I would definately make sure you do a complete backup prior to doing anything. Depending on how they merge the Forests...

Interactive Web Frame Size
Does anyone know of a way to increase the size of the Excel spreadsheet that is displayed in the web page when a file is saved as a web html and interactive is selected? I would like to be able to see more of the Excel spreadsheet without scrolling within the Excel window. Any ideas? Thanks, Christi ...

Database #2
Please, I exclude a lot of message storage in my Exchange Private Database, near 4 GB. I made an online and offline desfragmenter procidure, but my priv.edb file stay with the same size, only priv.stm decrese a few MB. Please, what I can do to compact my Exchange Privat Database. Tanks, Luis http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Defragmenting-Exchange-Database.html But really, 4 GB is nothing for an exchange database. "Luis Buratto" <LuisBuratto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF36663B-9470-4202-8274-264479704B71@microsoft.com... > Please, >...

Font Size in Outlook 2003 Too Large
When I open Outlook to compose an email, the font size that is displayed while I'm typing is large, probably at an 18 font size (I am using Word as my editor). When I send the message and then look at it in the sent folder, the font is not enlarged. In the sent folder the font size corresponds to the setting that is shown on the toolbar while I am typing. It seems that the only place that the font is out of whack is on the display. Any suggestions as to how I can correct this? Thanks for your help. You're probably zoomed in. Hold down the CTRL key and roll the wheel o...

saving a workbook #2
I have a small problem and don't know if what I am trying to do is possible? I want to save a spreadsheet giving it a name which is entered into a cell within the sheet. I can do this manually by copying the contents of the cell and then pasting them into the file name box after selecting the 'save as' option. However, I need to simplyfy this for a non-excel literate colleague, so I want to record a macro to perform the whole process, when I record the macro and then run it, it simply reverts the cell in question back to it's original content and then tries to overwri...

Recipient Policies with more than one condition #2
Hi Guys, Listen i just had a server crash and i now need to resetup the Recipient policys for the various domains, I need to make a custom filter for anyone in a spefiic security group, and if possible i also would like it to contain a attribute of 1 for the distribution groups? I had is setup before for Description and and group attribute 1? but i think the first one would be better? please let me know as i can't recall the custom script???? Thanks in advance. Greg Remer Can you post what you want to do? Members of SecurityGroup1 OR Members of DistributionGroup1?? -- Bharat Sunej...

Copy data between 2 instances of Excel
Hello, I have 2 windows of Excel with data. The data are separated (not in one workbook). I would like to copy the data from one Excel to another via VBA or Macro. How can I do that ? Thanks If you look at the Object Model you'll see that Workbook is a collection. Any open workbook should be part of that collection. So, if you only have these 2 books open you should be able to switch from workbook(1) to workbook(20, using the sheets collection, and the cells collection, ranges, etc to grab the data from one book and copy or move this to the other. E.g. Workbooks(1).Sheets("...

SP3 Install Error #2
I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when upgrading a company: ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON. I have tried it with and without the Native driver. How did our system get out of sync with the updates? GP is running on Srv2008 64bit and SQL2008, same machine in a test environment. Any help is much appreciated. Steve Steve, First, Check if you have Field Service registered. If not, You can run...

How do I separate data in address field? #2
I have over 1,000 records in an address data base. The street address field contains both the house number and the street name. I need to place these in separate fields so that I can sort by street name. Is there a shortcut to doing this so that I don’t have to cut and paste each individual record? Thanks for your help. Look at data>text to columns -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Baylynx" <Baylynx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CA0894C-2652-4448-BEC4-399B45F56373@microsoft.com... >I have over 1,000 records in an ...

install Office Assistant character file?
I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode? Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise. Thank you, William (Bill) Camp The information in this post by Office MVP Beth Melton may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=%23vKbLA91EHA.2572%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl billcamp wrote: > I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present...

create an acess report from multiple exel files
Hello guys, I have billing statements that are all done in exel with a template and stored in folders by month order. At the end of the month, I need to make a report giving: name, account number, payment due. This information is stored in the same cell in each bill as a template is used. I am doing it manually by opening each individual exel file and copy information and paste to another spreadsheet to create my report. Is it possible to extract some data from multiple exel files and create a report? Does anyone have any idea how to work around this? I really appreciate your time ...