Archive File Backup

The default archive.pst folder location for Outlook 2002
is under a folder called "local settings" (the actual path
is quite a bit longer).  It does not appear this folder
can be shared so the archive.pst can be backed up.  Is
there a way to share this file for backup or other method
I'm missing?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Diane
0
dmc_mail (3)

I would go to options in Outlook and change the path for
the archives...to say My Documents. That way if you back
up My documents (with Outlook closed!) then all is
saved...

0
anonymous (74722)
1/25/2004 12:43:40 AM
Thank you. I thought I might have to change the path.
Several users have the "local settings" set up which I
was hoping I could retain.   Appreciate the reminder
about closing Outlook!

Diane

0
dmc_mail (3)

How to do incremental backup in Win2008 SP1
Hi there, I'm using backup via task scheduler to backup server to network storage: wbadmin start backup -backuptarget:\\Storage\BACKUP\NTBackup -allcritical -vsFull -quiet In performance settings checked - always perform incremental backup. All works well but - I can do restore only for the last date backup was done. Instead of this I want to be able do restore to any date of backup. Is this possible? Thanks in advanse, andrey. ...

creating excel file on the internet
Hi, I have a report that I generated on a web page, and I might have the need to get the information to an excel file. I have tried the export to excel, but because I am using cold fusion to generate the report, the normal way of exporting to excel doesn't work. Currently, I just select the complete report and do cut and paste to Excel manually. Just want to see if anyone can help me to automatically do this manual part using JavaScript or other method. Thanks! ...

File->Run Missing in Task Manager
Hi, I lost my desktop and Task Manager. I could still see my start menu. I followed instructions on the forum to enable my Task Manager again using the admin cmd prompt and running a script ws... vbs something. Now I have Task Manager but when I click File, the only choice I have is Exit Task Manager. I thought that if I kill the process Explorer.exe and restart it, it will restore my desktop icons and the task bar at the bottom of my screen. I killed the process but couldn't restart it. I did a shutdown from Task Manager, but on reboot the problem still exists. I alr...

Converting files from one version of Publisher to another.
My files won't open when I upgraded fron Office 2000 to Office 2003. how do I use all my old files with the new version? Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking". If that doesn't do it, in Norton, options, disable Office Plug-ins". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "J Robinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2773c01c4637e$1e0d3e30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My files won't open when I upgraded fron Office 2000 to > Office 2003. how do I use al...

word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
hello I have a PC and I recently started using Microsoft Office 2010 (Beta). Everything was fine until today, when everytime I tried to save a file (in word) it looked as if I had clicked on the Save As button. When I clicked on OK to saving it to te same name (I thought it would replace the old one), this message came out: word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. I changed the location of the file and then I was able to save it. Some of the files are .doc and others .docx, but i don't know if it has something to do with it. Thank you for your help!! :) ...

Multiple files opening in Excel
Transcript of Helpdesk session with solution: User reports Excel is "going nuts" Every time she opens it, Excel starts opening all sorts of files. Some of them DOC PPT etc, and they are erroring out. On Site. True confessions time: She was changing her "Options" "General" to open the S drive by default and accidentally changed "At Startup, Open all files in" to s:\ as well. Excel was trying to open every file on her S drive (which has a couple of thousand files on it). From Google: Delete *.xlb - no help Delete personal.xls - no help Delete everyt...

Excel Files Locked for Editing
I hace a network install of Office XP Pro and when I start Excell i get file is locked for editing. referring to a temp file in the xlstart folder on the network. I cannot delete the file because it is opened but I can rename the xlstart folder and create a new xlstart folder, to correct the problem for a short period of time. Then the problem comes back. any suggestions on how to correct this file lock situation? Thank you, Peter Peter I have no idea why you have a Temp file in your XLSTART folder. That is not the default location for Temp files. You may be opening files from ther...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
You're in Serious Trouble - It's a Proven Fact! FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES THERE ARE THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED. !!!!BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE!!! Click here for details on the EVIDENCE ELIMINATOR Clear your computer of incriminating files that you cannot delete. www.removefiles.com THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! www.removefiles.com ew5r4325435435435435 43 543 5 435 435 43 5 435 435435 4360i0iretret=reyt-=erfgytkretretretretretretretretredfgfdgfdgfd ...

Is there a file converter for Excel 200 that I can use to open a .
I need to open a file created in Quattro Pro version 10.0.0.671 in my Excel 2000...How can I possibly do that? Hi Excel does not have such a file converter. You either save your file in QP as Excel file or you may have a look at www.dataviz.com for a commercial converter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Amy wrote: > I need to open a file created in Quattro Pro version 10.0.0.671 in my > Excel 2000...How can I possibly do that? ...

share varibles for multiple instances with same file handle
I am using CreateFileMapping() to obtain file handle and passing to MapViewOfFile() Can I use same file handle to share another / multiple memory variables or I have to redefine it ? Akshay Create a Named Memory mapped file. You can give a name to the memory mapped file by passing a name as the last parameter to CreateFileMapping(...). In the ProcessB when you want to open, use the same name when calling CreateFileMapping, and you are ready to read the data dumped in the memory mapped file by the ProcessA -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP <akshay4friend@yahoo.com> wrote in messa...

how do you convert charts into high quality tiff files?
I have to convert a seies of charts into a tiff file for a research artcile. I have tried it on power point and then save as tiff but the rersulting quality of the image is horrendous, any tips anyone? You could try exporting the chart using VBA: ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Chart1.tif", "TIF" I don't know if it is any improvement over PowerPoint, and bitmapped charts are limited to screen resolution. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ignacio" <ignaci...

How to Read MS Vista .doc files with Office 2004 Mac
I am getting .doc files from Vista users and this Intel iMac wants to open the some strange PC notepad application. What I have been doing is save the document to the desktop, Get Info then tell change the app to MS Word. It then sort of works but the format is hosed Has Microsoft released a translator for the Mac that will open Vista generated .doc files in Word? arkay I'm guessing the documents were created in Office 2007 and saved in the new ..DOCX format. You can try using the beta converter from Microsoft to open such files in Word 2004: <http://snipurl.com/1qcn4> I&#...

who last opened a file
I read on someones site that you can open notepad file and it will show who last used a particular excel file. can anyone telll me how its done, or where to find that article? thanks, tonso File > Properties > StatisticsTAB will show who last SAVED the file........and when it was last accessed...............don't know how to tell who last just opened it without saving.......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Billy" wrote: > I read on someones site that you can open notepad file and it will > show who last used a particular excel file. can anyone telll me how &...

compact money 2004 file
How do you compact or compress a money 2004 file. As the years go by, the file starts getting pretty big, and takes a while to back up. Would like a way to reduce file size. Thanks. ______________________________________________ Mike Shick Civil Engineering Student California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo 805.610.9545 (Cellular) ______________________________________________ Archiving will reduce file size but is not recommended for many, many reasons. Beyond that, removing historic stock quotes is about all that is left to reduce file size. "mts" <HHDTNZ...

Lotus 123 files in Excel?
Is it possible to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? If so, what would I need and or how would I go about this? From XL, File>Open & navigate to where the files are stored. If they don't appear in the content window, open the 'Files of Type:' list @ the bottom of the dialog box & choose 'Lotus 1-2-3 Files (*.wk?)'. Good Luck |:>) "KLB" wrote: > Is it possible to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? > > If so, what would I need and or how would I go about this? > > > Only if they are the older .wk4 type or before. There is no ...

Creating a .LIB file (OT)
Hi, I need to create a .lib file from a .dll for use with MSVC6, and I'm not sure how to do this. I'm told I can use Lib.exe . How do I do this? "Hamish" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:<Kf43d.4042$JQ4.357618@news.xtra.co.nz>... > Hi, > > I need to create a .lib file from a .dll for use with MSVC6, and I'm not > sure how to do this. I'm told I can use Lib.exe . How do I do this? Hi there, if you have the source of the dll that you want to create a lib for then you should create a def file out of the functions that are exported ...

Outlook data file check #2
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message that Outlook did not shut down properly, is doing a file check and performance may be slow. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent it? -- Thanks, Bob BBran <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. > > Quite often on startup I get a message that Outlook did not shut down > properly, is doing a file check and performance may be slow. > > Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent it? Typical reasons for Outlook not closing the time befor...

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

Importing text file #2
I am importing a rather larger text file into excel, the entire thing will not import onto one sheet. How do I import what did not fit onto the first sheet without reimporting what I just imported You can slice it into several text files offline. Copy the code at the end of this message into Notepad and save it with a .VBS extension. Double-click it to run. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jillianno" <Jillianno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F387E681-1D4A-424E-8E00-7A9F4A14E565@microsoft.com... |I am importing a rather larger text file into excel, the entire t...

Importing contacts to OWA from a .csvc file.
Hi, I'd like to import contacts into OWA using a .csv file as source, is it possbile? Rgds /PL On Oct 16, 4:08 pm, "per.lan...@fouredge.se" <per.lan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to import contacts into OWA using a .csv file as source, is > it possbile? > > Rgds > > /PL Sorry for posting in the wrong group, please disregard.. Rgds /PL ...

reading a cell from multiple files that are not currently open.
I fear that I'm in trouble here. I have hundreds of xls sheets in different directories, however they all used the same template when they were created. So I need to read one cell from all these files, then count the instances of the contents of that cell, then finally graph it all out. well the graph is optional, but would be nice now how do I go about doing this? I know you can read cells from open files, but how about unopened ones in different directories and completly different file names I tried writeing a program for it with Qbasic (small buisness :)) but the xls format is strange...

Database file for populating cascading combo box error
I followed Greg Maxey's helpful instructions on List and Combo Boxes to create a template that loads a form when the user creates a new document. This form allow them to choose either a fax/letterhead and insert the appropriate address for the user. The address combo boxes are populated from a table in a Word document. This template will be used across 15 offices so I located the Word file on our server where it could be accessed by all. However, the database file comes up as read-only (by the last person to access it) whenever my test users try to access it. While you can p...

Why does Excel file size increase GREATLY with only a SMALL pictu
When I insert even a very small picture file (e.g., a 6 kB .tif file) into an Excel Worksheet, the Excel file size increases to a much greater degree (by about 400kB). This becomes a real problem when I used 10 or more picture files. What can I do to avoid this? I have tried other picture formats (.jpg, .png, .wmf), with similar results. I am using Excel 2003, running on Windows XP. I would appreciate any suggestions. Interesting. And how weird that I got a 21K XLS after inserting a 48K BMP! I have no idea what's going on<g> -- Jim "Bandar" <Bandar@discussions.mi...

need help exporting a report and setting the location of the file...
This code acts like it's running. It scrolls through the pages anyway. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rpt_OutreachContact-Report", "Rich Text Format (*.rtf)", "Outreach Contact - Report.rtf" When I rerun it, it doesn't ask if I want to over write the old file. And I don't know where it's putting the file... I thought I could put the file on the desktop by adding this "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\desktop\" but no luck. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rpt_OutreachContact-Report", "Rich Text Format (*.rtf)"...

PDF files
I have been asked to send pages from Publisher in PDF format, but I don't know how. Any advice? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kevin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have been asked to send pages from Publisher in PDF > format, but I don't know how. There are a number of programs that can create PDF files Try: Adobe Acrobat - www.adobe.com PDF-Xchange - www.docu-track.com PDF995 - www.pdf995.com Adobe also has a free trial service where you can create 5 PDFs absolutely free. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publish...