Archive command does not remove anything

We have not tried to archive since installing exchange 2003
Trying to get users in a good habit I put a warning
message to tell people to start archiving to a .pst file
on there local machine, It does not work for any one, this
feature was fine when we used to use microsoft mail with
everyones mail on their own .pst files. We click file then
archive and the icon shows in the lower right corner that
it is doing something but nothing leaves the inbox and no
copies of messages appear in the archive folders. There
are no error messages. It looks like the process has
worked but nothing happends.Clients are outlook 2003,
Server is win2ksp4 with exchange 2003 no sp1 yet.

Need help before users profiles get too large and exceed
therir mail box limit.
..

0
anonymous (74722)

steven wrote:
> We have not tried to archive since installing exchange 2003
> Trying to get users in a good habit I put a warning
> message to tell people to start archiving to a .pst file
> on there local machine, It does not work for any one, this
> feature was fine when we used to use microsoft mail with
> everyones mail on their own .pst files. We click file then
> archive and the icon shows in the lower right corner that
> it is doing something but nothing leaves the inbox and no
> copies of messages appear in the archive folders. There
> are no error messages. It looks like the process has
> worked but nothing happends.Clients are outlook 2003,
> Server is win2ksp4 with exchange 2003 no sp1 yet.
>
> Need help before users profiles get too large and exceed
> therir mail box limit.

See
http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1000&faqname=Exchange%205.5&sectionID=1013&sectionName=Why%20PST%20=%20BAD -
if you store the files locally, you really can't support them or back them
up, and if you instead store the PST files on the network, note that this
isn't supported by MS.

It may be time to uprade to Enterprise if you're using Standard, or if it's
just a disk space issue, add another drive on that server & move the
databases there.

OK, back to the point. To address your question - note that archive works on
the date *modified*, not the date you see. Could that be related?

> .

0
lanwench (7567)

Mailto Command
Does anyone know how to autosend using the mailto command? Also having trouble using the mailto command with the old exchange email client, any ideas? In what context are you trying to use the mailto command? If as a link note that mailto is not an autosend feature but merely a way to fill in the To address and/or subject. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mail...

how do i remove telephone number hyphens from a list in Excel?
I have a long list of telephone numbers in an Excel spreadsheet that i need to remove the hyphons from. Do you have a quick formula for doing this? One way is to highlight the column, then do Edit > Replace > put - in the "Replace" box and leave the "replace with" box empty, then press ReplaceAll Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mediazoo" wrote: > I have a long list of telephone numbers in an Excel spreadsheet that i need > to remove the hyphons from. Do you have a quick formula for doing this? =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") -- HT...

Removing Prefix and Suffix of a Text String
Hi, How can I remove the 1st two characters and the last character of a text string which is of dynamic string length? (that is my text string can be of different length). Example: PM1236-5685Z --------> 1236-5685 HP25899-21158Y --------> 25899-21158 HM2125-3214Z --------> 2125-3214 HB125-256Y ---------> 125-256 Thanks and Regards, Ringo Always 2 at the front and one at the back? =MID(A1,3,LEN(A1)-3) ringo tan wrote: > > Hi, > How can I remove the 1st two characters and the last character of a text > string which is of dynamic string le...

remove reason code from description
I used custom button to calculate the price of an item and add to current transaction. Because this item is created in the database with original price set to 0, I have to set up a discount reason code for that. When I add the new transaction entry, I also created description string for that. Everything works fine except that the reason code will be automaticly added to my customized description string. The description looks like "... Discount Code: CF". Is there any way to get rid of this part from the description? The following is part of my code: 'Add new entry TranEntry = S...

Archive Modified date
QQ, I have just moved users from one mail server to another. Now, archiving no longer works. I looked at this and found out that archiving works with modified dates and since this was changed recently I am stuck. Do you guys have any idea, if their is a work around for this. Users have lots of sub folders. Thanks B Not really...you can manually archive by dragging and dropping items to the archive folders, or you might be able to use one of the 3rd party solutions listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to m...

Command Button
I'd like to create a COMMAND BUTTON that would delete any unused rows in an order form I've created. The Excel sheet is locked/protected, so end-users cannot edit or delete any content. I'd like them to be able to select the COMMAND BUTTON to remove any unused rows to make printing and viewing easier. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks! Define unused. Unused could mean that there are formulas in the cells returning blank characters. It could mean blank rows/columns sandwiched in the middle fo the sheet. It could be that the used range is larger than the size of the data f...

command button in excel will move when print.
I have some command button and list box in my excel worksheet. When i print his worksheet, some of the button at right sides will move to left sides. Why? ...

Why is the sort command in excel 2003 shaded out?
suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot get the sort command and icon to be usable. Is the worksheet protected? "jico" <jico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50391B74-4CC0-4410-9693-7DC3ED145C6A@microsoft.com... > suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot > get the sort command and icon to be usable. I don't know about "protecting" a worksheet. I did notice that "[Group]" appeared after the filename at the top of the window. I've been using the Micr...

Errors occurred while archiving
I had had some recent problems with opening outlook after an old version of WinFax Pro was installed. It has since been uninstalled and outlook works. Now, however, I am getting the following errors which show in in the archive log: Error while archiving folder "All" in store "Personal Folders". Cannot read archive properties from folder All. Cannot create archiving properties. Could not complete the operation because the service provider does not support it. Error while archiving folder "" in store "Personal Folders". Cannot read archive proper...

Removing a window's frames does not remove it from the scrollbar
I have a dialog box with a tree control that will automatically holds a scrollbar. In the dialog's OnInitDialog I load the tree with so much content that the tree automatically creates a vertical scrollbar. I want to remove the tree's frame, but when I do the frame is removed from everything except the scrollbar. It isn't until I move the mouse over the scrollbar (causing it to highlight) or force the bar to scroll that the frame will disappear. I have tried invalidating and repainting the tree but that does not help. I have even dragged the dialog box offscreen and pull...

Repeat a command in a Macro
I have a macro that simply looks like this: Sheets("Template").Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect ActiveSheet.Next.Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect ActiveSheet.Next.Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect etc................ I have 72 sheets, and don't want to keep having to go in and paste in more lines everytime I add a new sheet. Is there someway to tell it to repeat the Select & Unprotect lines x number of times, which would give a MUCH shorter code! Or, maybe there is a way to tell it to keep repeating that until it gets to the last sheet in the workbook ??? Phil ...

News command missing
News has disappeared from Go menu on Outlook 2003 , and from the Tool---> Customize command list To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mtboston" <mtboston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35C74BA7-8A24-4AE0-88E9-AB64C03AA0CE@microsoft.com... > New...

Outlook 2003 Archive Problem
Hi I am using Outlook2003 SP2 on Windows XP SP2 on my laptop with VPN connection to my office Exchange 2003 server. I try to run archive from FILE > Archive > , to archive all my inbox folders but it doesnt work. It worked ok previously in my outlook 2000. Any tricks I missed? Many thanks MWGP Is the archive PST file still available on your machine? Have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on it? Do you receive any error message? "Microsoft" <gpwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OLWHcx2HHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using Outlook2003 SP2 ...

Any Command to remove spaces
Hello All, Is there a command to remove all the spaces in the cell ( prefix, suffix and in between ) basically all spaces in the cell . Thanks in advance. SD Select the range (at least two cells) and Edit|replace what: (space character) with: (leave blank) replace all SD wrote: > > Hello All, > > Is there a command to remove all the spaces in the cell ( prefix, > suffix and in between ) basically all spaces in the cell . > > Thanks in advance. > SD -- Dave Peterson You can use Find & Replace (CTRL-H). Highlight the cells, CTRL-H, then: Find what: ...

Outlook 2003 removing "extra" line breaks...
I upgraded from OL2000 to OL2003 SP2 the other day. I had a few problems covered in other threads. Now I discovered yet another strange phenomenon: When I open plaintext email that was generated by a script on our website Outlook shows a message in the top of the mail display saying it has "removed extra line breaks", and the message is now not in the intended format anymore. The message is the result of an on-line request and has short lines with special markers, yet some of the lines have been concatenated into long lines... Where do I switch off this strange behaviour in OL 2003...

Good Archiving Products
I am a consulting who works with mostly small networks of 40 or 50 users. Several of my customers are hitting the 16GB limit of Standard Exchange. Needing to go to Enterprise version for such small networks seem extreme and expensive. We are exploring archiving products. There are several on the market. Any recommendations? You might want to call up Gartner. They just called me doing a survey on Email Archiving products. They'll be releasing three studies on the topic. EAS, KVS, and CommVault make great products for this. There are a few others out there but I don't have ...

How do I remove "Fix" from my bottom toolbar?
I am trying to get rid of "fix" as it appears next to the NUM & SCRL indicators on the bottom right hand side of the screen. How do I remove FIX??? Hi! That means you have Fixed Decimal Places set. Goto Tools>Options>Edit Uncheck Fixed Decimal Places Biff "Swaytan" <Swaytan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77E0C9A8-54D3-411A-A9F9-95066B111E5C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to get rid of "fix" as it appears next to the NUM & SCRL > indicators on the bottom right hand side of the screen. How do I remove > FIX??? ...

Make Table query, but remove character from field
I already have a rroutine set up and part of that is a make table query. One of my fields has some values as G35.X and some as G35X. I want to make this field in my make table query read G35X for all. I do not want to run update queries or find/replace and want in my make table definition some code that when creating this field to remove the "." where it exists. Is this possible? Thanks Sorry, I should have made clear I can't just set the field to "G35X" as there are other values with the "." ! "Andy" wrote: > I already have ...

Is there a way to remove carriage return in Excel exported frm Out
I am trying to remove carriage returns in Excel. The information I needed was exported from Outlook. Please Help! Select the data, press Ctrl+H, hold down the Alt key, and type 0010 from your numeric keypad. Leave "Replace With" empty. Replace all. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to remove carriage returns in Excel. The information I needed >was exported from Outlook. Please Help! >. > Rachel If you have carriage returns in a cell you should be able to see them if you turn off "text wrapping" on that cell. You wil...

Chart Doesn't Appear when Excel started from Command Line
I have a Excel Workbook which creates a chart from a text file when the Workbook is opened by using a Macro. This works fine, however, when I use a Command from the Windows Command LIne to open the workbook the Chart doesn't appear. This only happens with Excel 2002. If I use Excel 97 or 2000 everything works fine. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem??? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step...

Removing a partition (with apologies for cross-posting)
(I originally submitted this question to ms.public.windowsxp.hardware, but, belatedly, it occurred to me that it isn`t really a hardware question after all, so I hope that I have now chosen the correct NG.) My HD has two partitions : F:/ is the main one I use, running Win XP SP3, but the other uses Win 98SE. I very rarely use this partition and it was only created so that I could run old software. I increased RAM to 1.5 GB a while back, and when I tried to boot into Win 98SE today, I got the "Insufficient memory to initialize Windows. Quit one or more memory-resident programs...

Archiving New Folders Without Manual Configuration
After many hours of research and testing with Outlook 2002, I have discovered that when a new folder is created with the Inbox, or even in the "Outlook Today", in order for it to be AutoArchived I have to configure the folder to use the Global AutoArchive setting. Is there a way to make all new folders use the Global AutoArchive setting without manually configuring it to do so? I am using WinXP Pro, Exchange, and OL2002. ...

Removing "Apply" button from the dialog
How do I get rid of the "Apply" button in the PropertySheet based dialog ? ...

microsoft outlook 2003 archive problem
Hi, When i select my mailbox and then select archive from file menu and select a valid archive criteria. It says archiving but this process only archives folder structures not email messages. Does anyone know what is wrong with outlook archive ? Thanx Perhaps you don't have anything old enough to archive yet. Outlook archives according to the Modified date. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "CARETTA" <mail@mail.com> ...

How do I remove picture bullets that I have deleted from the list?
-- Jacqueline http://pptblog.tlccreative.com/index.php?s=picture+bullets&sentence=AND -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Jacqueline" <Jacqueline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D829539C-8DA3-4F13-AD4B-2D16BD25130B@microsoft.com... > > -- > Jacqueline In article <uXAKKtdfKHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Echo S wrote: > ...