Appointment times won't post correctly

On the calendar, appointments, meetings, etc. made or received show up on
the date and time received or sent; regardless of the actual date or time of
the appointment.  Is there a setting that will correct this? I've exhausted
myself trying to find a fix.

Outlook 2003

There is a seperate calendar time zone setting that has to be set in
addition to your system clock. Pain in the ass. Go to Options and then
select Calendar. You should see the Time Zone button there. Set it
accordingly, but be aware that everything in your calendar up to that point
will change.

"Keith Wilson" <keith.wilson@singermanagement.com> wrote in message
> On the calendar, appointments, meetings, etc. made or received show up on
> the date and time received or sent; regardless of the actual date or time
> of the appointment.  Is there a setting that will correct this? I've
> exhausted myself trying to find a fix.
>
> Outlook 2003

0
harris1 (37)
1/6/2005 5:34:26 PM
Don't think that was the problem. The time zone was listed correctly. Not
sure how this would affect how appointments show up on Calendar.
What happens:
I Select new appointment, select start and end time and date (lets say same
date) in the future.  The appointment flag shows up on the calendar as today
(the day I'm doing this) and the time is the time I saved the appointment.
The start and end time and date fields remain as I set them, and alarms
still key off the desired time.  The calendar view is useless, though.

"John Harris" <harris@fake.com> wrote in message
> There is a seperate calendar time zone setting that has to be set in
> addition to your system clock. Pain in the ass. Go to Options and then
> select Calendar. You should see the Time Zone button there. Set it
> accordingly, but be aware that everything in your calendar up to that
> point will change.
>
> "Keith Wilson" <keith.wilson@singermanagement.com> wrote in message
>> On the calendar, appointments, meetings, etc. made or received show up on
>> the date and time received or sent; regardless of the actual date or time
>> of the appointment.  Is there a setting that will correct this? I've
>> exhausted myself trying to find a fix.
>>
>> Outlook 2003

Offline post-callouts?
Hello, We're using a post-callout to add some business logic to the MS CRM, but now we want that business logic available to the Outlook client when working offline as well. We've installed the COM+ component on a test client, and registered it with CRM, and it gets called at the appropriate time, but it doesn't work: the component blocks when trying to create a CRM object (e.g. BizUser). An alternative would be to access the local MSDE datastore directly, but we can't figure out how to do that (we always get "connection refused"). We're unable to find any docu...

Formatting cells with Time data
I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but every time I try to enter data into the cells, the system automatically converts the hours I've entered into a date and leaves the time value at 0 any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Are you entering as hh:mm regardless of the cell format? -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "yimkhoc" <yimkhoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A481A01F-0938-4F38-A93C-F2B9CB0BD34C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but ev...

General Ledger - General Posting Journal
On the General Posting Journal Printed Report (print JE's), how do I add a column on the printed report to show the Distribution Reference (next to the account description)? Example: Journal Transaction Transaction Audit Trail Entry Type Reference Code 2,083 Standard Adj Aug Interest GLTRX0000318 Account Description **DISTRIBUTION REFERENCE** Debit Credit 000-1000-000 Interest Exp Book interest to actual xx xx ...

Help Please- How to offset Date to correct column for Ageing
Hi All, I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup table, on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next three columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9 months 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability provision. What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the quantity is automatically inserted into the correc...

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

SP2 Post-Installation Problem
I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, or externally. Any e-mails sent from outlook clients simply reamin in the outbox and refuse to move. All services seem to be running ok. Can anyone offer any help or pointers for which direction I need to look in ? Thanks I guess you already tried reboot? SkySurfer wrote: > I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the > ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, > or ...

Payroll Posting Accounts #5
v9.0 / SQL2000 When you have the payroll posting accounts set up, how does GP know where to post transactions to, if only 2 of the 3 segments match? We have our accounts set up according to the following examples: ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING > SALARY ACCOUNTING > ALL > SALARY ALL > ACCOUNTING > ALL ALL > ALL > ALL Say if an employee had a transaction, and only the first 2 of the 3 segments match (ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING) Where would GP post the transaction amounts ? ...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, I am trying to develop a query where my client wants to track how much time in minutes does a nurse spend in various activities (staff education, patient/family education, answering drug relation questions etc. etc.) to assist nurses in other units. What query type should I use? How do I write the query? There is a start time (when the nurse recieves the call) and completion time (when the nurse hangs up). Thanks Mrinalini <drmrinalini@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176645431.981118.294870@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to develop a query wher...

Snooze->Recreate appointment?
I was wondering if there's a way to re-create an appointment whne snoozing. That is, if you snooze an appointment within minutes no problem, but when you snooze for a week, you end collecting enldess to-do lists.... Would be nice to have an option to chooser to re-create the same appointment on a given date... Are you talking about appointments or tasks? Also What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyu...

convert Times New Roman Special G1 into arial
hello. I need to convert a text written with font Times New Roman Special G1, which I downloaded from the internet, into a font availanble in most computers, such as arial. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot. Fabian This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I suspect you're asking about how to do this with some other product. I'd recommend reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever product it is you're trying to use. If you are talking about Access, please explain what exactly it is that you downloaded fro...

Publisher 97 and date/time print
I am designing an office card using 1997 Publisher. No matter what I do it prints day, month,year and time on every page. I have checked background and there is no text box even there to delete to stop this problem. How can I find and delete? This will be an option of your printer driver. Disable that option and your trauma will be over. -- ...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Calculate meeting timings
Hi, I had one requirement. I want to calculate my total meetings time i spent througout the week, month or year. This will help how to manage my time between my work and meeting. Any solution to this??? ...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

Appointment Activities 12-05-04
Hi, It appears when an appointment passed its scheduled time, it would complete itself without user input, and disappearing from the Home\Past Due Activities view. Other activities, such as phone calls and tasks etc are OK (or it seems). Does this make sense to anyone? If yes is there a solution or workaround? Thank you for your help in advance. Tony Tony, I am getting the exact same behavior, for what unknown reason, I don't know. It's pretty ridiculous if just because the date has passed that an appointment would be autocompleted. Bob "Tony" wrote: > Hi, >...

Sales taxes are not correct.
How do I make the sales tax post correctly. The sales taxes are posting per actual money received. They should post per total invoice. (This is per the Florida Sales Tax office.) I have accounts receivable and I need to be able to change the way the sales taxes are posting as far as sales tax collected and sales total sales tax. I am using MS$ Small Business 2005. I have the same issues. We get partial payments on invoices, then final payments when work is completed (landscape contractor). This doesn't cause us a problem unless payments fall in two different months. The onl...

program loading time
The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it still loads slow. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote: >The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it >still loads slow. Any suggestions? Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data. Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget if you think that would be appropriate. Set your start page t...

entering time
Is there a way to set up a cell so that I can type in 1330, and have Excel put in the colon so it reads 13:30 (military time)? right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. As written, works on a1:a100 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> Dim InputRange As Range Dim Temp As Variant Dim i As Integer Dim Separators(2) As String Separators(0) = ";" Separators(1) = "," Separators(2) = "." Application.EnableEvents = False Set InputRange = [A1:A100] 'or whatever If Intersec...

processor time allocation
My app routinely only gets 10 to 30 % of CPU time - the system idle process gets the rest (indicated by windows task manager) My app is multithreaded and has one thread that requires lots of CPU time at 20 Hz intervals. I sleep this thread for an amount of time that would put it at the next 20 Hz interval. My other threads sleep when they are not busy. My 20 Hz thread does not recieve the processor time that it needs - even though the system idle process is taking up 70 to 90 % of the CPU time. If I remove the sleep call from my 20 Hz thread then it hogs all of the CPU time and the s...

test post
Testing my ability to Post. ...

after some time sent mail turns as i symbol mail why?
sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? It means you are tracking that email for voting or other purposes. =20 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Stalin asked: | sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using | outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? ...

Appointments acceptance through a Queue
We have very recently started using a Queue to assign speaking engagements to our Community speakers. When we first setup the Queue peole would accept the assignment and it would populate their calendar. This suddenly stopped. When looking for knowledgebase articles to help troubleshoot the issue I found that synchronization can often help correct issues like these. Then I tried to sync and got an error message stating that a SQL error occured. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

How to make Bullen's FilterCriteria() data refresh real-time?
Using XL 2003 & 2000 OK, with help, I was able to utilize Steve Bullen's FilterCriteria() Function. That said, apparently the only way to refresh the data in the display cell is to re-activate the formula by pressing <ENTER> in the Fx Box. Can the display cells be made to refresh in real-time or, second best, by F9? FYI (Background Info): ************************************************************II placed this formula into cell A1: =FilterCriteria(A3) Cell A3 contains the Autofilter down-arrow for column A ************************************************************* Fu...

Outlook meeting request time off
User A sends User B a meeting request for Thursday at 2:00pm til 4:00pm. User B accepts. The problem is that the meeting shows up on user B's calendar at 1-3. One hour behind. It shows up on User A's calendar at the correct time from 2-4. I checked all the time settings in the OS and Outlook on both computers and they are correct. The only difference is that User A has Windows NT and User B has Windows XP. I try the same test from another user's computer who has NT. Same problem. When the XP user sends a meeting request to the other XP user the time shows up in both of the...