Appointment Status = Free ???

Hi,
we're using in our Company Outlook 2000 with EXC 2000.

If I open up a new appointment in a Public Folder calendar, the status
("Show time as:") is usually "Busy". Is it somehow possible to have this
field showing "Free" when opening up a new appointment?

Weird question, I know, but my customer wants to know that!

Thanks for your answers!
Florian

Appointment reminders continue to show up after the time has passe
I am on Outlook 2007 at a new employer. I set up reminders (usually 5-15 minutes) for appointments on my Outlook calendar. The reminders accumulate and continue to pop up every time I open Outlook, even after the appointment time has passed, until I go into each calendar item and remove the reminder. I never had this issue with Outlook 2003. Can someone explain what's happening and how to fix? Thanks. Hi, try the command line: /CleanReminders Cleans and regenerates reminders. http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/Santhosh/Reminders.asp Maybe it helps. -- ...

Free/busy question
I'm sharing free/busy info for some users between my Exchange org and another company's Exchange org. Using an ftp server and referencing KB 827775 to do this. Each user in question from the other org must have a Contact record in the Contacts of each user in question in my org. A problem has arisen with three of the users from the other org: The three users also have mail-enabled Contacts set up in my org. For some reason when users in my org create new Contact records for these three users the email address seems to be saved as the LDAP/UPN form (e.g: O/=xxx/OU=xxx/CN=xxx). Fo...

PowerPoint 2007 Free Viewer
I installed PP 2007 free viewer on a new Dell desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64. When trying to launch the application, an error notice appears: "This program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer." The file is located in several different folders in the system and reinstalling PP 2007 as suggested doesn't help. No Norton programs installed. Any ideas? -- - Regards Ron Badour Ron, Maybe these will help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937158/en-us http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&a...

Reoccurring Annual Yearly Appointment/Events
I am haveing an issue when syncing my PC with Active Sync. Every Annual reoccurring event or appointment changes on the PC to "Every 12 Years". It appears to be some kind of glitch in MS Outlook 2007 that is confused between Months and Years. I did several tests and research and it appears that active sync, Windows Mobile and Outllook 2003 are not the problem. Initially I thought my older version of MS Win Mobile could be the problem but recently upgraded to Win Mobile 6.1 and same issue. So my last test was to take all annual reoccurring events out and sync that w...

ActiveX control to send appointment?
Currently I use Microsoft MAPI Session and Messages Controls to programatically send mail. I don't see how to use these controls to send an appointment. Does anyone know what ActiveX controls are available to send appointments to Outlook clients or how to use the MAPI controls to do this? Thanks You have to use actual Outlook automation code to do that by sending out meeting requests. Look at www.outlookcode.com to see examples of Outlook automation code. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003...

Best Free People Search
I came across this site that looks pretty amazing. You can conduct your own people searches and best of all it's free to sign up. http://www.bestfreepeoplesearches.info ...

Flag Status
I would like to know how to add more categories to the Flag status field. Currently, there is None, Completed and Flagged. Better yet, how do I set up a user-defined field that I can determine the drop-down selections? ...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Excel 2008 Status bar

Increase Free Space
Hi, I have deleted all un-used emails, now I want to increase free space of my hard-disk by reducing the exchange server database size. How to do that ? Run ESEUTIL with the /d parameter. If you Google for 'eseutil /d' you'll get a bunch of hits. Take a backup first. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Eddy" <eddy@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23vRuCykJGHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have deleted all un-used emails, now I want to increase free space of my > hard-disk > by reducing the exchange server database size. > > H...

Delegate cannot edit apointments / Error with Free/Busy data
Hi, I have a problem with one of my users using the delegate option in Outlook 2000, mbx is on Exchange 5.5 SP4. UserA is a delegate on UserB's mailbox. UserA binds the mailbox of userB into her profile, so she can see the mailbox together with her own one. UserA is able to open the calendar of userB and delete items from it, also create new items in it. No problem! But, by SOME of the created items, especially when they are on a Friday (!!), when UserA opens them to modify them (i.e. set a new time or day), she gets an error, that she does not have the appropriate permissions, al...

Changing PO Status from "Received" to "Closed"
There are several old "received" purchase orders in our system. The POs were entered primarily to get the inventory in place. They were paid though, by just a standard invoice entered into accounts payable. Since then, the entry created by the PO to A/P has been reversed (since the regular invoice takes care of A/P). Otherwise, there would be 2 paybles in the system. Can these old POs be changed from "Received" to "Closed" without any consequences? Once closed, they won't show up on the "Select Purchase Order Items" screen when ...

changing category color for one appointment in a series
I have reoccuring weekly appointments with clients...at times one appointment will be cancelled. In 2003 I could change the category color/lable for the single occurance within the series without changing the category color in the whole series. IE: I could color code one Tuesday appointment as cancelled without changing the following Tuesday appointments on the calendar for the next 6 months. Is this still possible in 2007? When I try to do so...I get a prompt that says I can only change category colors within the series. Dana, I was replicating this using our companies t...

Download Free ebooks of MCTS Exams (70-431, 70-529, 70-528, 70-526, 70-536)
Download Free ebooks of MCTS Exams (70-431, 70-529, 70-528, 70-526, 70-536) 1. Download free ebook MCTS Exam : 70-431 ebook 2. Download free ebook MCTS Exam : 70-529 ebook 3. Download free ebook MCTS Exam : 70-529 ebook 4. Download free ebook MCTS Exam : 70-526 ebook 5. Download free ebook MCTS Exam : 70-536 ebook http://free-tech-ebooks.blogspot.com/2007/02/download-free-ebook-of-mcts-exams-70.html ...

What is Microsoft's free upgrade policy for purchasers of Money?
I'm considering Money 2004 for Small Biz. I sense that the 2005 version is about to be released. Will I get a free upgrade for, say, 60 days? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C47742.2D27B3A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable No upgrade policy exists "John B" <jb@noapam.com> wrote in message = news:10gqc1370asfs75@corp.supernews.com... I'm considering Money 2004 for Small Biz. I sense that the 2005 = version is about to be released. Will I get a free...

Appointment requests appear with 1-hour difference to US-based recipients.
Hello, Our organisation is based in Europe but we have a branch office in New York. When staff in the NY office send appointment requests to NY-based correspondants outside our organisation, the proposed times appear one hour later. When they send appointments internally, or back to us in Europe, the times are fine. Is this because of the DST update or just the wrong timezone setting? We're using a mixture of Outlook 2003 and even Outlook 2002 clients with Exchange 2003. We have allthr major SPs and hotfixes at both client- and server-level. Thanks, - Alan. On Mon...

Change admin account for Delivery Status Notificaiton?
Some how a test account our consultant setup is now the sender of our Delivery Status Notificaiton reports. How/where can I change this? This account is also a Exchange Full Administrator (inherited) whatever that means so I'm afriad to delete the account. Thanks! ...

How can I change the email account when sending Invitations to Appointments?
I have created a large list of appointments in Outlook's calendar. I have invited attendees. However, my ISP's email server has crashed or something. No outbound emails are possible at this time. So, I tried to change the outbound email server, but there is no option that I can find to do this. I tried it with a normal email. When it failed to send I opened it in the Outbox. I clicked on "Accounts" and changed it to the good email server. But for whatever reason I cannot see a similar option for the appointment invitations. ...

Is Report builder for excel a free prodcut?
Do you need to have purchased smart list builder? It is part of SmartList Builder, so it is not free. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Tom S" <TomS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB8AA691-4A1D-4A60-8B24-3F4150DBDDD8@microsoft.com... > Do you need to have purchased smart list builder? > > ...

Checking focus status
Hi I have two list controls on a form with a couple of buttons. I need to know which list is currently highlighted by user so when the user presses a button I know which list to process. How do I find which list is currently selected/highlighted? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >I have two list controls on a form with a couple of buttons. I need to know >which list is currently highlighted by user so when the user presses a >button I know which list to process. How do I find which list is currently >selected/highlig...

Count Status Bar
There used to be a status bar count when I did a filter saying for example "107 of 1707" at the bottom of the screen. This is not longer there and I cannot find out why. Any ideas When your list has many formulas, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode" instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal function to count the visible rows. The following MSKB article has some information: XL2000: Excel AutoFilter Status Bar Message Shows "Filter Mode" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886 And there are a couple of worka...

create a new appointment from outlook toolbar
I try to create a new appointment from the outlook toolbar, and use the "Set regarding" feature but get this error message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. This item has been saved to Microsoft Outlook but is not being tracked in Microsoft CRM." I have no problem when I don´t use the "Set regarding", and have administrative rights. I have no problem using the "set regarding" AFTER the appointment has been sa...

Stock Status Valuation errors...
Can someone tell me the calculations that take place in the Inventory Stock Status report in order to create the Inventory Valuation? We have several items that show an On-Hand value of Zero (0) which is correct, yet the Inventory Valuation has some value which is in some cases POSITIVE and in others NEGATIVE. Using the Resources capability, I have displayed the Report Layout for the Stock Status, but cannot seem to find the actual CALCULATIONS for creating the Inventory Value. (There are multiple Quantity Fields including On-Hand, but in the records that I am tracking (using SQL Ente...

free space on outlook account
Hello ! i have outlook 2003, with exchange server. I know i can go in my account properties to get the amount of space taken by my folders. but is it possible to get the info without goiing there and in percentage ? i would like to have a button, when i click, it would say "Inbox = 25% free space, Sent items = 60% free space" is it possible ? maybe with vba ? thanks Tiah Not that I am aware of, but you would be better served asking this in a group for Outlook programming if you are thinking of a programmed solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to t...

Contract Meter Monthwise Free Copies
Dear All, We are facing some problems on how to make GP Contract Meter reading to give Free Copies Monthly on a contract. Below is the example we want from the system: ----------------------------------------- ContractNo: 0000001 Contract/Billing Period(prepaid): Jan-01-2008 To Dec-31-2008, Billing Cycle: Monthly Item/Equipment No: KMMC00001/ PC0123456789, US$120.00 Meters: Base = 0, Overage1 = 100 Charge1 = 0.000000 Overage2 = 999999 Charge1 = 0.039000 First Invoice amount = $ 10 Meter Post Reading = 450 First 100 = 0 remain = 350 (450 - 100) Meter charges = 3...