appearance of the real name in "sent"

I posted a message yesterday but nobody answered. So I try
to do it again. I cannot find the answer to this question
in  help (OL 2000). I setup my contact list, with the
names, the way I want them to appear, the email address
etc...
When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I
want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the
email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to
appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It
would be more friendly, and more polite and I know it can
be done, as I receive some to my name.

0
anonymous (74722)

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I
> want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the
> email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to
> appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It
> would be more friendly, and more polite and I know it can
> be done, as I receive some to my name.

Set the "Display As" value for the contact to whatever you want to show up.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/28/2004 9:13:06 PM
Thanks, but where can I find it ? I see "file as", but
cannot find "display as"
Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)
4/29/2004 2:27:13 AM
wrote:

> Thanks, but where can I find it ? I see "file as", but
> cannot find "display as"

Double-click a contact to open it up.  The "Display as" field should be on
the right side of the contact page, underneath the "E-mail" field.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/29/2004 4:01:00 PM
No, it is not, what happens ?
On the right side (in General), I have Email (email, email-
2 email-3), then a box "send using plain text", then Web
page address, and below a big box That's all. Are you
talking about OL 2000 ? So, it might be corrupted ? What
can i do ?
Thanks a lot

0
anonymous (74722)
4/29/2004 9:21:46 PM
You haven't posted your mail support mode. If it is Internet Mail Only, you
will have no access to the Display As field.
Always post your mail support mode when asking about Outlook 2000 so you can
get an accurate answer.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> No, it is not, what happens ?
> On the right side (in General), I have Email (email, email-
> 2 email-3), then a box "send using plain text", then Web
> page address, and below a big box That's all. Are you
> talking about OL 2000 ? So, it might be corrupted ? What
> can i do ?
> Thanks a lot

0
russval (3097)

Cancellations are being sent for meetings that I do not want cancelled
I have been experiencing some issues with the updating of recurring meetings that I have set up. Some of people have noted that when I send out an update to a meeting, they receive an update notice and then a cancellation immediately right after. This action removes the meeting from their calendars and the update cannot be applied. This only happens when I use Outllok 2003; if I use Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP the cancellations do not go out automatically. Please help. ...

Sent Mail date
Why does my "sent mail" folder only have dates on the emails sent within the last 2 months. All email that I sent prior to Tue 11/10/2009 have "None" in the Sent column. ...

Emails not sent, stay in Outbox
Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box. Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out. Help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks Carol Carol Sitea wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box. > Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also > in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out. > > Help is greatly appreciated!! > > Thanks > Carol Also now found out messages are sent when using Outlook XP but not in Outlook 2003. Check...

SENT TO PRINTER BALLOONS
HOW CAN I STOP THE BALLOONS THAT APPEAR SAYING "THIS DOCUMENT WAS SENT TO PRINTER" IN EXCEL AND WORD 2003 In Windows XP, click on Start | Control Panel | Printers and Faxes | File | Server Properties | Advanced. The bottom four options relate to print notifications... uncheck the ones you don't want. "PAULA" wrote: > HOW CAN I STOP THE BALLOONS THAT APPEAR SAYING "THIS DOCUMENT WAS SENT TO > PRINTER" IN EXCEL AND WORD 2003 ...

Strange characters in my sent email
Using WLM beta I typed "black list" (including the commas) and sent the email. The recipient replied and I see that the words are now “black list” I thought that this was a problem with his computer but when I now look at the mail I sent in my "sent folder" it also shows “black list” What is causing this? My keyboard is a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro and I only use UK keyset. "nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:nFc5o.11324$zo4.9570@hurricane... > Using WLM beta I typed "...

Where are copies of e-mails that I've sent?
I just switched to Outlook 2000 (the old version, I realize), and can't find a file or cache of "Messages You've Sent." I assume there is one! Please advise, friends. Thanks, Stuart The default location is the Sent Items folder. Make sure you are viewing the folder list and you should find it easily. You can also drag and drop your Sent Items folder to your Outlook Bar if it's something you access regularly. Hope this helps. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes...

emails not sent through CRM
I have CRM 3.0, and cannot send any emails but to myself. Emails are shown as sent but the recipients never get them. I have run a CRM repair, and got some errors in the reporting services so the repair failed. My SMTP server configuration is set to default. can you please help me out? Maria, Are you using exchange and have you installed the exchange connector? Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:26:01 -0800, Maria <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have CRM 3.0, and cannot send any emails but to myself. Emails are shown as >sent but the recipi...

IMAP email missing sent, drafts
When I setup an IMAP account in Outlook XP, the only default folder provided is the inbox -- I'm missing the drafts and sent folder. When I send things or save as a draft, it uses the local personal folders. The sent and drafts folder load correctly using Outlook Express. Any ideas? -Brian ...

SENT ITEMS
Hi, When accessing MS CRM via internet explorer and I click 'Send E-mail' on an Account record the email gets sent but it is not appearing in my Sent Items folder in Outlook. Has anyone else experienced this? Surely this can't be how the system is designed to work. Thanks Lee Lee The only integration with Outlook occurs if you are sending mail from the SFO client. Even then it does not place a copy of the eMail in the Sent Items, but does update contacts, tasks etc. What you are seeing is by design, no integration with Outlook happens when you send mail from the browser ...

Move received & sent mail to folders based on Contacts
Hi there, I have a large number of people I sent mail to and get mail from (professionally). I have made folders in my pst for each category of contact (say sales, management, technical, personal) and then sub folders for each person. I want to move all mail I sent to a person and receive from to the corresponding folder. How do I achieve this? I know I can set up rules for this (I already have a bunch), but I'm talking about > 150 people here. I have to create 2 rules for each person (on for messages being sent, other for received). Doing this using the Outlook UI would takes ...

How do you flag messages sent to you that have a Bcc?
How do you know if others are Bcc'd on mail you receive? You don't. That's what makes the 'B' of BCC (Blind). No info is carried in the header of the mail item to say that it's been BCC'd "Dparadise" <Dparadise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAAD5FA5-570F-481E-81E3-5973B37B3241@microsoft.com... > How do you know if others are Bcc'd on mail you receive? ...

Exchange 2003 reports
Is this possible with Exchange 2003? Or, is it only available through a third party reporting tool? If it is available could you please tell me how, if not, could you reccommend an acceptable third party tool? On 17 Jan 2007 07:14:19 -0800, JoshRountree@gmail.com wrote: >Is this possible with Exchange 2003? Or, is it only available through a >third party reporting tool? If it is available could you please tell me >how, if not, could you reccommend an acceptable third party tool? Not out of the box with Exchange. You'll want something like Promodag or Spotlight Mark Arnold [M...

Policy to delete Sent items
Is there anyway to make Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 automatically delete Sent Items older then 30 days? I would prefer a policy so users could not alter the timeframe. Thanks Use mailbox manager, look it up in the help section for exchange 2003. Matt >-----Original Message----- >Is there anyway to make Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 automatically delete >Sent Items older then 30 days? I would prefer a policy so users could not >alter the timeframe. Thanks > > >. > For slightly more details, you would create a new Recipient Policy of type Mailbox Manager....

Sent mail will not send immediately
I want my mail to send after completing a message, but it goes into the outbox. This is not a big deal except that then I have to hit send again. I have Outlook 2002 (Not Outlook express). I have tried clicking the "send immediately when connected" in the Options, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you Not until you state you mail account type and connection type. Also, make sure you didn't set your profile to work offline. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Misha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414801c3fe43$ea92...

Headings change when sent to email recipeint #4
Thanks for your input Dave------- : -- johnf4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnf45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1644 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27806 ...

No sent Items!
have a user who is remote. She recently had her Dell laptop motherboard replace 10/12/03. She noticed today that Outlook has not been keeping record of her sent emails. I'm sure the MB has nothing to do with this but I have look at all the Options and Outlook 2002 is configure to record sent items but there is nothing after that date. She sent me several test messages while on the phone together that were not recorded in her sent items. I checked her views and everything is standard. Listed by date and by names, nothing. I had her do an Outlook repair and I had her run the scanpst ...

Editing an Automatically Sent Message
We have a user that setup a message to automatically be send each Monday. They now wish to edit that message, problem is, I cannot seem to find it. It doesn't even show up in her sent items. I am sure it is an easy fix, but it has alluded me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark Winning Systems Administrator Martin Memorial Health Systems ...

why do I get sending message 2 of 2 when I only sent 1 email
When I send an e-mail, the status says sending 1 of 2 , sending 2 of 2. I only sent one e-mail. What was the second one for? There are no attachments, CCs or BCCs. Using Outlook 2007? This is quite common then when you have multiple accounts configured. Outlook 2007 has a counting bug which is partly fixed with Service Pack 2. It's just a counting issue, no additional mail is actually sent. Of course, it never hurts to look if you actually have a stuck Read Receipt. To do this see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

pst: import of the back-up
I needed to reinstall Vista, so, using the (.pst) export file wizard, I backed-up a copy of my Outlook 2007 file. I reinstalled vista and Office 2007 and the only content I can access in Outlook are the Inbox and the sub folders. There are no contacts/calendar detail - which I'm not too concerned at. However, all the content from sent mail is missing - the folder is empty - does a .pst backup not include the sent mail? If the backup should include the sent mail, how do I access them? I've ran the repair tool but it's made no difference? Why would you export to ...

Problems with emails sent from Hotmail
Whenever I send emails from my Hotmail account (my default account in Outlook), a copy of the sent message immediately appears in my Inbox, and no copies are delivered to the "Sent Items" folder. This is really annoying! :-) When I try to modify the Hotmail account through "Tools", "Email Accounts", "View or change existing email accounts", "[hotmail account]--MAPI (default)", "Change", I get some pop-up window for Outlook Connector that prompts me to sign into my Hotmail account. When I do, it takes me to the web access fo...

Can't sent word files
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When attaching a word file the receiver doesn't get my mail at all. This started months ago, when I received a word-file, asking if I would like to open it with makro. As I knew the sender I said yes. Since that I can't even send a word file by bluetooth. What can I do? Thanks! Nisa In article <59b79e25.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <Nisa@officeformac.com> wrote: > When attaching a word file the receiver doesn't get my mail at all. > This started months ago, when I received a word-file, as...

Windows Mail Messages Sent and Received Cannot find Contents
Been trying to delete the Recovered Messages folders and following suggestions after downloading and running WMUtil, but now have damaged the mail so badly now with my troubleshooting that now most of my messages are empty in the sent and about 90 percent of the 542 messages in the inbox. They have the blue i and Message cannot be found, The contents of this message cannot be found. Error. Help please. I have been messing with this all day. I now have a local folders (2) that when I drill down I have Local Folders 1-664 but, I don't know what to use to open, it is a winma...

Sent Items not appearing after mailbox transfered from one MS Exchange 03 server to another
I just transfered a users mailbox from one MS Exchange 2003 server to another within the same domain. The transfer was successful on the first time, however when the user goes in and attempts to bring up her "Sent Items" in outlook it just hangs there and says Loading.... Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to resolve it -- again, the mailbox transfered just fine using the MS Exchange Task / Move Mailbox Wizard. Thanks everyone in advance for your assistance. Are you using classic or cached mode? Did you repoint the profile to the new server? ...

read message sent to distribution group mailbox
Hi, in Exchange 2000 (SBS 2000) I have setup a distribution group with a mailbox as Invalid_Users and added all pervious employees and common spam email addresses to the list. Now I need to be able to retrieve/read certain messages sent to a particular address that was incorrectly added to the "invalid_users" group. How can I do this? I've tried using Exmerge, but I can't see Invalid_users user in there. I can see the message received by Invalid users group from Message Tracking Center in system manager in Exchange, but I can't find a way to retrieve it. Thx. Distr...

Word .doc formatted in caps/lc sent to PC via email opens ALL CAPS
Version: 2008 Not all the time but enough to worry me...my resume nicely formatted in caps and lower case in Word...saved as a .doc formatted...arrives via email to a PC user and opens ALL CAPS? Yikes... embarrassment. Looks awful. What is up? do they have there settings wrong or at my end? THANKS experts!! Leslie An issue of that nature is most likely caused at the receiving end or induced somewhere along the way. If you *must* submit your resum� in a Word format zip/stuff the file & send that. FWIW, I strenuously object to sending anything of that nature in an editable form... That...