AOL #2

I know that Outlook can be used to check AOL mail using IMAP.

I am having some difficulty doing this with a third party ISP, changing the
SMTP settings to that third party ISP.
E-mails are coming in OK but failing to go out. I do know that the ISP
allows outgoing mail from other ISP's.

I have tried changing the port number and authentification as suggested in
AOL guidelines but this
strikes me as wrong since in this scenarion the SMTP settings are normally
changed to that of the outgoing
ISP.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually possible and what settings to use.

THANK YOU,

Robbie

Have you asked the ISP for assistance with this?  You are paying them for
service after all.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Robbie asked:

| I know that Outlook can be used to check AOL mail using IMAP.
|
| I am having some difficulty doing this with a third party ISP,
| changing the SMTP settings to that third party ISP.
| E-mails are coming in OK but failing to go out. I do know that the ISP
| allows outgoing mail from other ISP's.
|
| I have tried changing the port number and authentification as
| suggested in AOL guidelines but this
| strikes me as wrong since in this scenarion the SMTP settings are
| normally changed to that of the outgoing
| ISP.
|
| Can anyone tell me if this is actually possible and what settings to
| use.
|
| THANK YOU,
|
| Robbie

0
MillyS (3228)
6/26/2006 1:21:32 AM
Typically, it is just a matter of changing outbound SMTP server name to the
correct name.
Then almost certainly checking that the SMTP server requires authentication
and adding your username and password.

"Robbie" <robbie@misterb.co.uk> wrote in message
>I know that Outlook can be used to check AOL mail using IMAP.
>
> I am having some difficulty doing this with a third party ISP, changing
> the SMTP settings to that third party ISP.
> E-mails are coming in OK but failing to go out. I do know that the ISP
> allows outgoing mail from other ISP's.
>
> I have tried changing the port number and authentification as suggested in
> AOL guidelines but this
> strikes me as wrong since in this scenarion the SMTP settings are normally
> changed to that of the outgoing
> ISP.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is actually possible and what settings to use.
>
> THANK YOU,
>
> Robbie

0
william8023 (152)

Slow Login #2
I am having issues with a machine which does not host the Store Operations DB being slow to sign in. When the cashier signs in it thinks for about 10 seconds then lets you in to POS. They are on a 100mb network but suspect it is a comms issue backto thw SO. ...

How does one install 2 versions?
I am planning to upgrade from Money 2002. Since I have shifted country and have acquired a version which is localised I am afraid I will have to deal with problems of upgrading the software. Exporting to .qif doesnt work well. I would rather enter txns afresh. In order to do this I would like to have two versions of Money installed so that I can look up from one and enter txns selectively in the new version. How do I install 2 versions of Money? Install the second version in a different directory. All Money setup routines provide a way to do this--in some versions, mostly lately, the w...

Dup check 2 columns
Using Excel 2007, I have a two column list with over 100,000 rows. Example: Jane Doe U Jane Doe John Doe John Doe U John Doe Jack Doe Jack Doe I want to run a dup check to make sure there is only one Jane, Jack or John Doe, but the copy I want to stay is the one with a U behind it if there is one (wouldn't matter which row is kept for Jack). From what I've done so far, the dup check simply keeps whichever record is in the top row. Seems like it should be an easy fix, but I'm lost. Please help. Hi, If the rows you want to keep ar...

AOL email
We are experiencing problems receiving AOL email. Whenever an AOL user sends us a message they get the following message: Deferred: Connection reset by ourDomain.org and the email times out. We can send email to AOL recipients. We also checked our DNS setting, we have reverse DNS entries for our domain and email server, both show the correct IP address. Our SMTP server has the same IP address for both incoming and outgoing email. Any ideas? Windows 2000 server sp4 Exchange 2003 Are you having problems receiving mail from other domains/servers? Have you tried contacting AOL support? Kar...

Latest Version #2
What is the latest version # of Money Plus Deluxe? I have version 17.0.120.1415 In microsoft.public.money, Kevin wrote: >What is the latest version # of Money Plus Deluxe? >I have version 17.0.120.1415 > That is the latest version number. The pre-update version was 17.0.120.727 Thanks Cal "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:ngjq44dk15nds4tnvla883orvrgj4bmr3a@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, Kevin wrote: > >>What is the latest version # of Money Plus Deluxe? >>I have version 17.0.120.1415 >> > ...

Combo Box #2
Dear all; I am using Microsoft Office 10 for Window XP. I can't find the Contro tab in the Format Control in the Combo Box. I have seen many questions about this elsewhere, but I can't find an answers to those questions. Please help. Many Thank -- chrisdtra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- chrisdtran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27492 Chris, It sounds as if you have a Combo Box from the Controls Toolbox, not the Forms To...

RMS 2.0 Software Update?
I just recevie a RMS 2.0 Software Update with RMS 2.0 Store Ops CD-ROM, three license keys and a return envelope for the dongle for a store we setup in corporate before the store open. I have email my VAR, but I am wondering if all of these will be coming to the corporate location or the location where the dongle is register out in the field? Has anyone else notice how their update are being mailout or have receive so far? ED One of my stores just told me today that their RMS 2.0 update came in the mail. I haven't received my HQ v2.0 yet, so it's going to be a while before...

Manual Workflow Rule fails (v1.2)
Hello I have a very simple Manual workflow rule (on Account) that updates a field on the Account. When I try to apply it (Actions>Apply Rule) the standard "an error has ocurred..contact administrator" appears 1) The instance never appears in the WF monitor at all 2) I have switched debugging on in web.config - no change 3) The MSCRM Event log is attached below 4) when I have EXACTLY the same action but have a rule triggered by Create (not Manual) it works fine 5) All other Manual rules fail in the same way, and regardless of the object (have tried Contact) 6) have rebooted server...

Extracting data #2
Hi, If I have the following data: Fruits Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Apple 1 3 4 5 Orange 1 8 2 6 Pear 1 9 2 6 Apple 2 6 3 8 What can I use to extract for example only the info on "apple", wit summations, on another worksheet with the result looking like this: Fruits Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Apple 1 3 4 5 Apple 2 6 3 8 Total 3 9 7 13 Tried using pivot t...

OL2003 from 2 PC's: is it really this simple?
OK, this is probably a simple question but all new to me. I think I know most of the answers but I'm looking for conformation, to be sure before I mess up. - in our office I use a PC with XP Pro - we have a LAN with W2K Server - the clients all run OL2003 and we have Exchange Server - all messages are stored on the server, no laptops, no dial-up, no VPN, nuffin like that (yet) My questions: 1. Can I open my OL2003 on another PC in the same LAN? Do I just logon with my LAN username and password and open OL? 2. I guess Start - Settings - Control Panel - Mail has to be identical on both P...

Outlook Address book problem #2
I used to work at MS and my PC was set up via ITG install and pointed to the global address book. Now I can't find or enter addresses and I don't know how to point to another address book/file. Bueler...bueler.. "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315201c428f6$9a1575a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I used to work at MS and my PC was set up via ITG install > and pointed to the global address book. Now I can't find > or enter addresses and I don't know how to point to > another address book/file. Bueler...bueler.. This newsg...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Transfering Emails #2
Can some kind soul tell me how to copy the contents of my Inbox on Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Outlook Express? It's got me stumped! Thanks Patch wrote: > Can some kind soul tell me how to copy the contents of my Inbox on Microsoft > Office Outlook 2007 to Outlook Express? It's got me stumped! > > > Thanks > > In OE do File-Import. Outlook (not Express) must be set as default Email client. "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:63b6mvF26nourU1@mid.individual.net... > Patch wrote: >> Can some kind ...

Global Customers #2
Hi Does anyone know if it is possible to change a global customers info at the store level? We run into problems when a customer comes in and wants to change their phone number and the cashier cannot do this. We are currently running HQ V1.3 We have a Store and HQ Utilities that are a whole series of add-ons bundled together. Amongst which there is one that allows you to change the Global Customer info from store. For more info contact me. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "mbonin" <mbonin@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Deleting Specific Rows #2
I use a spreadsheet for taking orders on the phone. The spreadsheet has all of the items we carry listed on it. At the end of the sale I have to delete the columns that have no value in them so I can print the worksheet at a size that can be read. Is there a way to automatically delete those cells without having to select and delete them individually? Use Data>AUtofilter to show the blanks, then delete all visible rows. -- HTH Bob Phillips "ScaffoldingDepot" <ScaffoldingDepot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E805CC80-6847-405A-9E14-0E7B8B18D234@micr...

compare 2 excel files
How do I compare 2 books with the same items one has more items then the other,it should show me the difrance. Or even the item is there but the qty or price changed it should show me the difrence if nothing else changes the filesize should indicate the file with the most items. Perhaps the last edit date would do so, as well. >-----Original Message----- >How do I compare 2 books with the same items one has more >items then the other,it should show me the difrance. >Or even the item is there but the qty or price changed it >should show me the difrence >. > jacob wro...

transaction reports #2
I have MSN Money Plus, which came with Windows XP two years ago. I have no idea what version I have (probably around 2001), but I would like to simply print bank account transactions, sorted by category and date, for a period other than the 30-day and 90 day alternatives offered in the menu. Isn't there some way I can do this without exporting to excel and going through a lot of brain damage? Quicken can easily do this in a heartbeat! Isn't there supposed to be some "report" menu? Mine doesn't seem to have one. I would gladly upgrate to Money 2004 or whatever, ...

Bank Reconcilation #2
I am working with a customer that when the reconcile their check book, no adjustments needed, the printed outstanding transaction report totals did not match the bank posting journal. They said this has been going on for a while now, but are now just calling. Upon research, when i go into the reconile, there were some items that were previously marked and cleared with the last bank rec, still showing in the bank rec sreen, when clicked on, says previously reconcile and removed from the window--reports now match. They had no posting issues during the bank rec process. They had a sim...

Sales Transaction Entry #2
Where can I enter the SOLD TO address when entering a Sales Order or customer maintenance screen. The BILL TO and SHIP TO is available, but I can not find where to enter the SOLD TO. regards, There is no concept of "sold to" in GP. As you said, the only addresses available in SOP are Bill To and Ship To. What is the difference in your case between Bill To and Sold To? My only thoughts are to treat one of the addresses as the Sold To address or use Extender to add Sold To fields. -- Charles Allen, MVP "tintin91" wrote: > Where can I enter the SOLD TO add...

Using POS in Grocery Store #2
Hi ... I have just finished setup of RMS system in my grocery store ... I'd like to know has anyone complete grocery store inventory database and can share with me, or is ther any link to download an inventory.? Like I just can't figure out ... I have to put each item in database, like scanning each items barcode, than adding it's name and so on ? I thing it's not operative waste of time ... I've found a few links with yearly $5000 fee . It's something like crazy you don;t think so ? I'm agree to pay like $50 one time payment for full inventory, otherways I w...

two bars and a line on 2 axes
Need a custom chart with 2 vertical bars side by side, on one axis, and a line on a second axis. Anyone know the series of steps I need? I was having trouble figuring out the order of what set of the three data goes where, and how to define which of the pieces is on bar and which is on line, and which is second axis, etc. Thanks for any help. -- Boris Hi, Create your own combination chart by starting with a clustered column chart. Then right click the column series you wish to change to a line. From the context menu pick Chart Type. Choose the appropriate line chart. Cheers Andy...

Problem with Outlook 2003 and automatic formatting #2
Hello all, My company uses Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5/2000. I'm using Outlook 2003 on my computer, and I have a number of rules that automatically sort email into different folders. Within those folders, I have views defined that are supposed to automatically format messages that contain a certain word. The rule language and the automatic formatting language appear to be the same. The rule correctly processes messages containing that word (my boss' name). But the automatic formatting doesn't work. Outlook cheerfully ignores the automatic formatting UNLESS the word in question...

Exchange 5.5 Restore problem #2
We are trying to restore an Exchange 5.5 server and keep getting the same information store error 3355443752. The only tech notes on this say don't run isinteg -patch (Article 231299) but we have not. We have tried multiple restores and 3 different tapes and still get the same error. We have done many older restores and some recent ones as well with no problems. so you did not run isinteg -patch before trying to start the IS? when it starting the IS fails, are you getting the error telling you to run sinteg -patch? is this an online backup you're restoring, or offline? -- Su...

Exmerge issue #2
One of my Exchange 2003 DBs had some corruption in it so I was advised to create a new DB, dump everyone's mail to a pst and then import it. I noticed that when it dumped most of the mailboxes it created the file as login.pst but some it did firstname.lastname.pst and on some it left off some letters like SarahZ becoming SaraZ.pst. When I went to do the import some of the directory names were screwed up. Rather than showing up as login they showed up as login2651262 and so the file it was looking for was login2651262.pst. Is this a bug in the program? Any idea what is causing this? ...

Please help to recover missing file #2
I am faced with a strange problem. I was working with worksheet in Excel when there was a power shutdown. The worksheet was in saved condition. When power resumed my worksheet simply vanished. Now whenever I try to access the worksheet I get the message that worksheet could not be found. As my pc is window xp pro. the worksheet should have saved itself as it does in word program. I have cheeked Recycle Bin and ran search program without any success. System Restore is of no help as it was off. Is there any way to retrieve the file. TIA. ...