Another users account appearing

We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200 users
accessing email through Outlook 2000.
We have one user who will sometimes receive another users
email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network
under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and
will have the other account. The account that keeps coming
up is the Administrators account. It is always the same
account that will come up. We have not been told of
any other circumstances with any other staff. It is always
the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles
on the machine and are running mandatory profiles.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
anonymous (74722)

Do you use roaming profiles?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, tigsboy asked:

| We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200 users
| accessing email through Outlook 2000.
| We have one user who will sometimes receive another users
| email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network
| under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and
| will have the other account. The account that keeps coming
| up is the Administrators account. It is always the same
| account that will come up. We have not been told of
| any other circumstances with any other staff. It is always
| the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles
| on the machine and are running mandatory profiles.
| Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/11/2004 2:58:25 AM
I mentioned we are running mandatory profiles. We have=20
deleted all the stored profiles in Documents and settings=20
as well. It is only a new problem, 3 weeks, the system has=20
been running for 3 years without this issue. We are=20
imaging the workstation now to eliminate that as an issue.

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
tigsboy asked:

>| We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200=20
users
>| accessing email through Outlook 2000.
>| We have one user who will sometimes receive another=20
users
>| email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network
>| under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and
>| will have the other account. The account that keeps=20
coming
>| up is the Administrators account. It is always the same
>| account that will come up. We have not been told of
>| any other circumstances with any other staff. It is=20
always
>| the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles
>| on the machine and are running mandatory profiles.
>| Any help would be greatly appreciated.=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

What GL Account does the Adjust Cost Process affect?
We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to the Inventory account but on the Credit side the Account is blank. What account should it be used for the Credit side? FYI: We don't have (use) Inventory Offset account. Thank for your help. It's using precisely the one you are not using: Inventory Offset. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "ThongD" wrote: > We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to > the Inventor...

yet another resource editting thread
I need to edit resources at runtime (i.e. the string table, menus, and dialog control sizes). I would like to use the BeginUpdateResource, UpdateResource, and EndUpdateResource functions. One of the problems I have is this: If I load the menu from file with FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, I have the binary menu data, and I can't really manipulate raw binary. If I load the menu with LoadMenu, i have a CMenu, that I can change but I don't know how to convert the final menu back to binary data that I would update with the UpdateResource command. So, how do you update? Another...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

Alert user to check the filed when it is final
Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if date_issued is enter. if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and how? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 mls via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if >date_issued is enter. >if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and >how? Based on just that one requirement, you can use the date text b...

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

Outlook XP closes when user clicks Send/Receive
Hello All, I've got a laptop with XP Professional running Office XP SP3. When the user clicks Send/Receive, Outlook says nothing and closes immediately. I know there's a KB article dealing with an Exchange account and a POP account stepping on one another and causing similar problems, but there is only one POP account set up here. After much googling, I've been unable to find a solution. I've repaired Office XP, as well as uninstalled/reinstalled it. Any suggestions? TIA Brett Brett Kelly <inkedmn@gmail.com> wrote: > I've got a laptop with XP Professional...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

Preveting the business fax appearing as a contact
When I select a name to send an e-mail to, I type in part of the name, press Alt K and the contacts matching that partial name appears. Unfortunately, it gives me two choices for anyone with a fax number. I don't fax from e-mail. Short of modifying the details for hundreds of contacts, is there a way to turn off this "feature" so fax contacts aren't showing up? Thanks No. Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses. One method to hide fax numbers from the address b...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views with user-defined functions?!
MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views (queries) containing user-defined functions?! What's wrong? And how to work around this? Using the latest version of Microsoft Publisher and MS Access (2003 sp2 with all latest updates), I am trying to create physical asset labels, with a unique serial number on each label. And in Microsoft Publisher, when I go to "select data source" and select my MS Access database "20060117pst2301pmb primary.mdb" (which generates such serial numbers), I get a popup entitled "Select Table" which lists all its tab...

switch users without closing program
Hi, Is there a way to switch profiles without closing Outlook 2002? Thanks, Duane ...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

reconnect to mailbox after Disabling user?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a easier way then to recycle the Exchange Services to renable a mailbox after a users mailbox has been disabled for x amount of time. I want to give access to this mailbox to another user so right now.. I simply go to Mailbox Rights -> (add the user I want to add) -> give allow rights to Read / Full but this requires a recycle of the services. Is there another way without recycling the services? G. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:08:36 -0400, "Just Another Admin" <just@dmin.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering if there ...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

How to let OWA users to change their password ?
How to let OWA users to change their password ? On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 01:58:03 -0800, "Enid" <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to let OWA users to change their password ? There are quite a few steps but if you follow this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 carefuly, you'll be ok. Thanks for your information. Follow the document to enable the change password funcation, but got error when using IE6 w/ SP2 to do change password "error number : 5". It is so tricky if using FireFox, the password change is work. Any suggesti...

Renaming Accounts in CRM
We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way to have it not go back through all of the cases ? What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!! "Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> w...

Cannot add user to CRM
I have trouble adding user to the CRM. I have 50 users in AD, however, when it comes to adding user in CRM, I can only choose from 15 of them. I wonder why!? I suppose I should be able to pick from all 50 users whoever is in the AD, right? If anyone have any clue on this problem and give me some feedback, I would surely appreciate that!!! CRM deployment manager will not display certain categories of users - eg if they have been migrated from NT domains or Novel NDS without passwords. Search the group archives for UserAccountControl "Martijn van Halen" <MartijnvanHalen@d...

Accounting prediction tool for wages with excel?
Dear All, I have a series of employees (with different payrolls) and a series of accounts (with money coming in and going out during the year). I would like to develop a tool where I can assign employees over certain periods on specific accounts, to forecast the evolution of the corresponding accounts. For example: - Mr. X is paid from January to April from account A and from May to December from account B, his monthly wage is xx. - Mrs. Y is paid from January to June from account A and from July to December from account C, her monthly wage is yy. - Mr. Z is paid from January to August fro...

User authentication/protection
I'm a professor and use Excel extensively in my classes. I need to be able to assign Excel projects to my students and have some increased assurance that the students have submitted their own work. I've tried my hand at VBA programming and also simply used track changes. None of these solutions (even the track changes) worked reliably across both mac and pc platforms. I would like some advice about whether what I need from Excel is even possible. I Here's what I need and what I think would work: 1. I'd like to prevent a student from getting someone else's sol...

Outlook 2003 account problems.
There are 2 active accounts in this Outlook 2003 setup. 1. Connects to an internal Exchange 5.5 server - this server does not have internet access and is only used for internal email between employees (set as Default account in Outlook) 2. Internet email account hosted by an outside vendor. Here's the problem. When you create a new message and use a combination of email address that points to an internet email (Ex. you@yahoo.com) and addresses from the global address list (you@internal.only), then select to use the internal Exchange account to send it, everything works fine. But if the ...