Another Program is trying to access.... do you want to allow

I have a program that needs to sync with the outlook calendar on about 20
stations.  I have everything set up and working, however, on a handful of
stations, and only on a handful of them, I get the prompt that another
program is trying to access contacts (I believe it says contacts).  I am not
syncing the contacts - there would be 60,000 contacts in everyone's Outlook
and we do not want that.  We are just syncing the calendar.

Problem is, this is an annoyance to my users (and myself) and most users are
just canceling the process.  Is there ANY way we can get rid of this prompt
and continue to sync our calendars?  Again, this only happens on a handful
of computers.

It is Outlook 2002 SP3.

Any suggestions/ideas are very appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark

0
mpiontek (8)

See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to =
the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later =
versions.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Mark" <mpiontek@NOSPAM.wi.rr.com> wrote in message =
>I have a program that needs to sync with the outlook calendar on about =
20=20
> stations.  I have everything set up and working, however, on a handful =
of=20
> stations, and only on a handful of them, I get the prompt that another =

> program is trying to access contacts (I believe it says contacts).  I =
am not=20
> syncing the contacts - there would be 60,000 contacts in everyone's =
Outlook=20
> and we do not want that.  We are just syncing the calendar.
>=20
> Problem is, this is an annoyance to my users (and myself) and most =
users are=20
> just canceling the process.  Is there ANY way we can get rid of this =
prompt=20
> and continue to sync our calendars?  Again, this only happens on a =
handful=20
> of computers.
>=20
> It is Outlook 2002 SP3.
>=20
> Any suggestions/ideas are very appreciated.
>=20
> Thanks!
> Mark=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
3/29/2005 3:27:50 PM
Changes can be made on Exchange to allow certain access.  Please see link
below

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011364471033.aspx

Regards,

Francine

--
Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
"Mark" <mpiontek@NOSPAM.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a program that needs to sync with the outlook calendar on about 20
>stations.  I have everything set up and working, however, on a handful of
>stations, and only on a handful of them, I get the prompt that another
>program is trying to access contacts (I believe it says contacts).  I am
>not syncing the contacts - there would be 60,000 contacts in everyone's
>Outlook and we do not want that.  We are just syncing the calendar.
>
> Problem is, this is an annoyance to my users (and myself) and most users
> are just canceling the process.  Is there ANY way we can get rid of this
> prompt and continue to sync our calendars?  Again, this only happens on a
> handful of computers.
>
> It is Outlook 2002 SP3.
>
> Any suggestions/ideas are very appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

Thanks.  I downloaded the security tool from outlookcode.com or whatever
that site was.  Thanks.

"Francine Otterson" <frankie68_mail-outlookmsnewsgroup@yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:u1gFJgHNFHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Changes can be made on Exchange to allow certain access.  Please see link
> below
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011364471033.aspx
>
> Regards,
>
> Francine
>
> --
> Francine Otterson
> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
> "Mark" <mpiontek@NOSPAM.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I have a program that needs to sync with the outlook calendar on about 20
>>stations.  I have everything set up and working, however, on a handful of
>>stations, and only on a handful of them, I get the prompt that another
>>program is trying to access contacts (I believe it says contacts).  I am
>>not syncing the contacts - there would be 60,000 contacts in everyone's
>>Outlook and we do not want that.  We are just syncing the calendar.
>>
>> Problem is, this is an annoyance to my users (and myself) and most users
>> are just canceling the process.  Is there ANY way we can get rid of this
>> prompt and continue to sync our calendars?  Again, this only happens on a
>> handful of computers.
>>
>> It is Outlook 2002 SP3.
>>
>> Any suggestions/ideas are very appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Mark

0
mpiontek (8)

about selling your program #2
you said that it is ok to sell my program, what about legality? do have to patent it or copyright it? Jeff gaje, philippine -- Jeff_gaj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeff_gaje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 Hi this is a different question depending what program you have developed and if it may afdfect other patents/copy rights. My statement was only that MS does not prohibit selling excel sheets. So you don't have to p...

Problem when trying to export messages
I have a fresh (8/1/03) install of OE6 and XP Pro all completely up to date via Microsoft's updater website. The problem I'm having is that when I try to export my messages for backup purposes I get the following error message: "The export could not be performed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI." I've looked in the Knowledge base, but to no avail. Can anyone enlighten me and help me solve this problem? Darla ...

Messages not delivered to another Routing Group HELP NEEDED
I have three routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to another ( in one branch office routing group ) is getting stucked in MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working just fine. After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to the connector to be albe to send mail it shows the queue now in the connector but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from my branch office to my headquarter correctly sends mail. Any help would be gre...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

copy and match data from one worksheet into another via script?
Hi all I have two worksheets 2 columns each The first sheet has ID and Name Column for example: Code ------------------- ID[/B] NAM 193948 Michael 684588 John 535279 Luke 098734 Matthe ------------------- my 2nd sheet Code ------------------- ID [B]NAM Michael John Luke Matthe ------------------- How do i use the first sheet to match up the names on the 2nd sheet and ultimately copy the ID numbers onto the 2nd sheet? This is just a simplified example. There are thousands of entries. Thank you if you have ...

One line is killing my program!
The following line works, where it specifies the first 4 characters of two area codes (403, and (587. .Range("C2:C" & q).FormulaR1C1 = _ "=MID(R[0]C[-2],INDEX(FIND({""(403"",""(587""},R[0]C[-2]),MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(FIND({""(403"",""(587""},R[0]C[-2])),0)),14)" I need to substitute two variables - areaCode1 and areaCode2 to replace (403 and (587. I think I've done so, but the following doesn't work: .Range("C2:C" & q).FormulaR1C1 ...

Restoring another PST?
Hi everyone, I use the MS Outlook Backup tool, and it backs up daily. Early this week I imported the backed-up PST file ( over 1GB ) into my new PC and after a bit of fiddling to show the folders it did open up all the ones I wanted, yet seemed to be an old backup - maybe 12 weeks out of date. I had to use the machine so kept it like this, and have of course received many mails since then. I see another copy of the backup[ PST file and the date says it was created on Feb 19th, which would be right. My ( evantual! ) question is: how do I, in idiot-proof steps, go about restoring this other...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

touchpad programming
Would like to adapt my shareware to these new touchpad handhelds (I hope I find one running Windows), but how can I develop for and simulate a touchpad device on a standard desktop PC in VB6? And, if possible, can this be done also under VISTA instead of Win7? Any hints appreciated. Thanks, HHD. On 27/04/2010 12:42, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote: > Would like to adapt my shareware to these new touchpad handhelds (I hope > I find one running Windows), but how can I develop for and simulate a > touchpad device on a standard desktop PC in VB6? And, if possible, can > th...

Trying to use Outlook Tasks
Please help me! Recently, at my job, we switched from using Lotus Organizer, to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (SP2). I really like it, overall, but I’m having a lot of trouble with the “Tasks” portion of it. Under the “Current View” of “Simple List,” I typed in about 30 Tasks that I need to get done. I didn’t specify a category then, so they all went under the category of “none.” By right clicking on the “Categories: (none) (30 items),” and selecting “Categories,” “Master Category List,” I was able to type in the categories that I wanted to use. When I clicked “Ok,” the cat...

Try again: Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? Hi Hall, No, I don't think it is possible without some amount of VBA - I c...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

everything wants to connect to net
I've been happily running Outlook 2002 for a year or more. Recently uploaded activsynd and reinstalled Outlook 2002 with my new pda (ipaq h2210). Now everything seems to want to connect to the net and it didn't before. I don't have broadband so, this is irritating. Can I stop that happening? Martin ...

Unableto access "greater than or equal to" Where is it?
Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a function, so that all the numbers written in a specific area/column (greater than some number but less than another) come out highlighted. Could you please email back regarding how to access this "greater than or equal to" function? Thank you very much. greater than or equal to.......>= less than or equal to............<= -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "ddewdrops522" wrote: > Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a > function, so that...

Please explain the steps to use the Dlookup function in Access?
explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Balu" <Balu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00601393-C86C-47BD-9103-52D0FAA292C9@microsoft.com... > explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL ...

SendInput to a window belonging to another application thread
I'm trying to develop a simple application that can send input to a window belonging to another application thread, such as the microsoft on screen keyboard. The matter is that I don't understand how to know what was the last active window to which send the input from my dialog application. Looking on internet I've found a simple application called "Typematic" but it hide the application dialog before use the SendInput() api, it works well but I wish to obtain the same effect without hide the application dialog as the on screen keyboard does. How I could do it? Ho...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...

Fixed Assets
for example: cost of assets: $60,000 dept start on 1/1/2006, for 10 years, 10% yearly, so each yr is $6,000. but, for this type of assets, a special additioal allowance is allowed for 3 year, each yr $1,600. ie. dept for year 1 = $6,000+$1,600 = $7,600 dept for year 2 = $6,000+$1,600 = $7,600 dept for year 3 = $6,000+$1,600 = $7,600 dept for year 4 to year 9 = $6,000 x 6yr = $36,000 total for 9 yr= ($7,600x3+$36,000)=$58,800 then, dept for year 10 = $1,200 (ie. $60,000-$58,800) how to achieve above? ...