Anonymous LDAP Browsing in OL2K3 Address Book

Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email addresses to
my LDAP directory server.  Anonymous users are able to resolve email
addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able to browse or list the
LDAP directory.  Is their a permission I need to set for anonymous users to
be able to browse and list the LDAP directory?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0
Jose (88)

You need to ask this in a group that supports your mail serve, not the
client.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Jose asked:

| Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email
| addresses to my LDAP directory server.  Anonymous users are able to
| resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able
| to browse or list the LDAP directory.  Is their a permission I need
| to set for anonymous users to be able to browse and list the LDAP
| directory?
|
| Any help is greatly appreciated.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

How do I transfer addresses from Outlook Express to Outook?
I'm changing from Outlook Express to Outlook and want to import my address list so I don't have to enter each one. I'm using XP. In OE, File>export your mail In OL, File> import your addresses "Rosebud2029" <Rosebud2029@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66D47EA5-7F66-40E7-9F46-ABADB5D98EF1@microsoft.com... > I'm changing from Outlook Express to Outlook and want to import my address > list so I don't have to enter each one. I'm using XP. Rosebud2029 <Rosebud2029@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm cha...

OL2003/EXH2003 Forward rule to external SMTP mail address
Hi! Just upgrading from Office 2000 SP3 to Office 2003 we ran into a strange problem. We used to have server based rules for sending a copy of any received mail to an external mail account. This is a "cheap workaround" now and then, when somebody is traveling and wants a copy of their e-mail forwarded to some webmail. In OL2003 it seems that the rule only works for internal recipients. As soon as I specify an external SMTP address, nothing happens. Any solutions for this problem? Best regards, Jens-Peter Is the option to allow auto replies/forward on at the Exchange server? ...

Exporting Autocomplete addresses from outlook 2k3
I would like to know if it is possible to export the email addresses that are saved by the autocomplete function of outlook 2003? thanks,. Nate Weldon. Do a search on the harddrive for an *.n2k file and when outlook is closed copy that file over. "Nate Weldon" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:e1p$kPj3FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I would like to know if it is possible to export the email addresses that > are saved by the autocomplete function of outlook 2003? > > thanks,. > > Nate Weldon. > > while copying the NK2 will copy the file, ...

adding country in the Ship To Address
I've tried adding country to the ship to address to no avail. I was able to add it, got no errors and all but still the country is not showing up. I made 5 calc fields that have this expression: FUNCTION_SCRIPT(rw_SelectAddrLine1""POP_PO.Address 1POP_PO.Address 2POP_PO.Address 3""POP_PO.CityPOP_PO.StatePOP_PO.Zip CodePOP_PO.Country ) ** shown above is the first calc field. address lines 2 to 5 are similar to that it's just that the integer after rw_SelectAddrLine is set to appropriate line number. any ideas why the country is not appearing? t...

Importing Contact list to Address Book
All, After searching KB, can't seem to find instructions on how to export Contact list to Address book in Outlook 2002 (XP). Does this have to be manually done or can I use the Import feature of Outlook? Thanks for all your help, Phil In Outlook unlike Outlook Express the address book doesn't actual contain anything, it is basically just a view where all address type objects are shown, the actual information is stored in folders like your Contact folder or in Containers like the Global Address List. Although the actual address book has an Import/Export command in your version of Ou...

choosing which address to reply from using Rules Wizard
How do I choose which email address / account Rules Wizard uses to send a reply or forward from? Rules will automatically use the default account. It is not configurable for sending from different accounts. (Note - in the future, please post your version of Outlook). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Howard asked: | How do I choose which email addres...

Cannot import subfolders into address book
I just posted a note but did not give a descriptive subjest. I want to import outlook express address book into outlook. I have subfolders I created under "Bill's Contact" in express. addresses in Bill's Contacts did import but the subfolders under Bill's contacts did not. Also I understand you can have multiple address books in Outlook 2000 but I don't know how to creat or import them. Can anyone help me import the subfolder address books from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000? Or take the outlook address book, wab, and make it available to outlook express...

Email address auto completion doesn't always work in Outlook 2003
When I type in the first few letters of the email address of an outgoing email a menu of suggested email addresses appears, but it is sometimes empty when I would expect it to show email addresses in my address book or email addresses of people I have sent emails to or received emails from previously. How do I correct this? Autocompletion is not a robust or reliable feature. It frequently stops working usually because Outlook loses its connection to its autocompletion cache. This can happen for a number of reasons, most often because Outlook is not exiting completely and thus n...

address book #16
I am running office XP (2002) and in outlook I have my contacts the problem is when I go to the address book there is nothing there at all (checked Outlook Address book and contacts from the Show names ). If select "Contacts" from the Show names from I get a box come up saying "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with the address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have the permissions." I wondered if anyone knows how I could sort out this minor problem out. NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply...

how do i know my email address
i dont know how i can give friends addy of outlook look in to tools, accounts, view or change email accounts or if you have mail in your inbox, open a message and double click on your name in the to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to E...

Transfer Address to New Computer
How can I transfer e-mail addresses from my old computer to my new computer? I was using Outlook Express 5 and Windows 98 on the old machine and have Outlook 2000 and Windows XP on the new machine. All the files from the old machine are copied into the new machine, but I cannot find where to copy the *.pst files (if that's what I'm suppose to be doing) in the new Windows XP system. Please don't tell me I have to retype all that information! If you weren't using Outlook before, you have no files you can import into Outlook now. You'd have to import into Outlook E...

Force New Contact creation when sending mail to new address
Hello, When sending a mail through Outlook to an address that isn't in my Contacts is there a setting that I can activate so that Outlook will tell me that this is a new contact, and then ask me if I wish to save the new details in my Contacts ? (this is what happens in Hotmail, so why not in Outlook aswell!) (Or do I have to come up with a VBA solution) Any help greatly appreciated. Regards Jason No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add t...

Booking a meeting
Hello, we have a user who booked a meeting room from April 10 - June 15 for all day sessions during that time frame, set the room as busy, and when the room is viewed through anyone's Calendar it shows as busy for that full time frame. But, if someone tries to re-book the same room as if they are booking a new meeting the room only shows as busy up to and including May 1st. Anyone know why we see a different outcome between the 2 options? Thank you. Regards, Randy ...

LDAP and Check Names
Our current setup is Outlook 2003 connecting to an Exchange 5.5 server. For reasons I shan't go into, this configuration cannot be changed. I have added our organisations LDAP server into Outlook and if you open the adress book and search the LDAP directory it returns the expected results. However, if you set Outlook to search the LDAP directory first (via the Tools menu in the Address Book), type a name into the "To" box and then click Check Names, Outlook fails to return any matches, but does give the following error: "The search request to the LDAP Direc...

Addresses
How can I print a newsletter and then put the address on the back to send it to my customers? Ie I have a publised document on www.scge.net\newsletter and want to add addresses to the back of the newsletter in order to send it to customers in my area via snail mail. What version Publisher? Look at the mail merge entry in the help menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kaine260" <Kaine260@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F0E54E2-9043-4488-93D6-CC5B507E85DB@microsoft.com... > How...

OUTLOOK- Address list limit
Hi There, I want to know if there is an option in Exchange to limit the number of entries a user can add in an address list if this address list is saved in a public folder. I get a prompt when I add up to 120 E.mail addresses that this is the limit. Any help please. -- M.B Yes, there is a limit and it is defined by mail client (i.e. Outlook). Search at http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 for exact error message to get more information. M.B wrote: > Hi There, > > I want to know if there is an option in Exchange to limit the number of > entries a user can add in an...

Alternative From: addresses....
I really want to use Outlook....really! I have Outlook 2003 and a Dell Axim handheld and am able to work well with syncronised tasks and calendars but email is giving me a nightmare. For security and ease of filtering, etc, I have my own domain and register with forums and internet sites with seperate @bryans-place.com addresses (ie, amazon@, tesco@ etc). I currently use The Bat! for email and when I send an email I can simply place my cursor in the the From: field and overtype the From: address. I can't do this with Outlook it seems, unless I create a new account for each alias I use.....

CRM Ooutlook address book empty
Nothing is listed when one of my users creates a new email to an account or contact All my other users are fine? any ideas? She has full admin priviliges "Brian McFarland" <BrianMcFarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D421BB4-FF07-44AF-9867-B633A6EC75EC@microsoft.com... > Nothing is listed when one of my users creates a new email to an account > or > contact > > All my other users are fine? > > any ideas? She has full admin priviliges We have one PC that has been having this problem for a long time. I've received several...

Show This Folder as E-Mail Address Book DIMMED can't check box
Outlook 2003. When I am sending a New Email Message or replying, I must manually type in the To, CC, BCC fields. I can't mouse on the To..., CC..., or BCC... and then select contacts from a list because nothing appears in the "Show Names From the:" drop down list. I assume this is because I must (one at a time) right click on my Contact Folders, Outlook Address Book TAB, and check the box "Show This Folder as E-Mail Address Book". But I can't check the box because it is DIMMED. John "J.J." Jackson You need to install the Outlook Address Book service...

Allow user to choose reply to address
Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003. A user has two smtp addresses, and they want to be able to change the reply to address and from address depending on who they are sending too from these two assigned SMTP addresses. This is only one Exchange account with multiple SMTP addresses though. Is this possible? Third party app, or you will need to create two separate objects that has send as rights to the other. http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 1:22 pm, "Kevin Nickell" <knickell@yahoo_....

Verify sender's address to stop SPAM?
It seems that most SPAM emails come from invalid email addresses. Can anyone recommend an anti-spam solution that will do a lookup on inbound email addresses and reject the messages if the FROM address is invalid? I am familiar with a couple filtering solutions, already, but this seems like a feature that could put a stop to a lot of it. BTW, I already realize that this could use up system resources and bandwidth, but for low-volume mail servers, it seems like it would work quite nicely. A quick solution is to enable "Reverse DNS lookup" on your default SMTP virtual server. Th...

Help: Want to use French characters in name and email address
I have a client with an English installation of Windows and Exchange. They have a French employee who wants to be able to use the accents in their name in their email address. 1. To institute this is it just a matter of renaming the user and/or adding another email address using the accented characters or is there more to it (and if so what)? 2. Would there be any problems with OWA as a result of this? 3. Any other issues I should be aware of? Thanks. Kevin From my experience in practice these characters tend to give problems. I worked on many software products and it does happen som...

Exchange 2003 virtual smtp server and anonymous connections?
When I open up Exchange system manager and go under the smtp virtual servers I noticed there is an option for anonymous smtp connections. This is enabled. Should this be deselected, and what is it's purpose? With it selected does it mean anyone can send an email message on the internet and they don't have to be authenticated on the Windows 200X system? Thanks Internet-facing SMTP virtual servers accepting inbound internet mail should allow anonymous connections - else they can't receive internet mail. (... because remote smtp hosts from outside your Org have no way of ...

outlook express address book #4
Getting new computer and want everything in my address book to move to new computer. Besides email address I also have other info like people's home addresses and phone numbers and birth dates. How do I get those all to go to my new computer. I really don't want to have to retype them all. copy the .dbx file to the new machine. You will find several. Also, please note, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress f...

multiple email addresses #3
I was attempting to send an email to several recipients and I got an error message stating that "outlook does not recognize "". would you like to create an address? Your address book or contacts list doesn't have an address in the email address line, therefore it doesn't know where to send it to. >-----Original Message----- >I was attempting to send an email to several recipients >and I got an error message stating that "outlook does not >recognize "". would you like to create an address? >. > ...