annoying error...

I am setting up a Terminal Server and any time someone logs in for the first
time and executes Outlook I get an annoying error.  It says:
"Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'pdfmoutlook'
was opened.  Would you like to disable this add-in?  ..."
When I hit "no" and just cancel out of the profile creation then execute
Outlook again the error doesn't happen.  However, when I logout then log
back in and execute Outlook the error is back.  This is a problem because
everyone that logs into my terminal server will experience it as well.  So,
how can I get Outlook to stop showing me that message?  TIA.

Billingsley <billingsley@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

> I am setting up a Terminal Server and any time someone logs in for
> the first time and executes Outlook I get an annoying error.  It says:
> "Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in
> 'pdfmoutlook' was opened.  Would you like to disable this add-in? ..."
> When I hit "no" and just cancel out of the profile creation then
> execute Outlook again the error doesn't happen.  However, when I
> logout then log back in and execute Outlook the error is back.  This
> is a problem because everyone that logs into my terminal server will
> experience it as well.  So, how can I get Outlook to stop showing me
> that message?  TIA.

By uninstalling the PDFMaker add-in.  Go ingo Control Panel, select Adobe
Acrobat, click Change, and remove the PDFMaker add-in.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

error when trying to restore Money 01 backup after hard drive crash
I recently had to replace my hard drive. I installed Money (04 Deluxe) and tried to restore my Money back up that was on an external hard drive. I got this error: "Please insert next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".)" Probably the most useless error message ever since a) i'm pretty sure this is the entire backup and b) it doesn't tell me what file it's talking about. I realized that my previous Money file might have been from Money 2001 Standard so I uninstalled Money 04, installed Money 01, and tried to restore the file again. Same error message. ...

ESM Error viewing Public Folders
I am receiving the following error when I nav to Administrative Groups -> OntrackUS -> Folders -> Public Folders: There is no event log error. I have not run PFMIGRATE yet, but manually replicated some PF using E 5.5 Admin program. Also, URLSCAN is installed. I can't find any info on this error...? Error: -------- Could not locate the root folder. Ensure that your default virtual server is running and it is configured correctly. If you have used the IIS Lockdown or URL Scanning security tools on your server, go to http://support ..microsoft.com for more information about...

OWA Error #7
When I try to create a new message on OWA 2003, I get a red x where the message content box should be. Like when a picture is unavailable on a website. This is unique to my laptop. I have no problems when access OWA from another machine. I DO have the problem whether I am connecting to a mailbox on my server, or any other Exchange 2003 server that I have access to (customer sites). Any ideas? I seem to have had quite a few annoyances pop up ever since I installed Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. Something got screwed up and I did a system restore to a point before the BCM inst...

Why do I get a print error light trying to print an excel sheet ?
I received a spread sheet by email, saved it to my hard drive. When I print it, it cuts off the first 4 columns, and the error light comes on my printer. I've set the print area and the print set up more than once, my other excel sheets print just fine, as do my other files. Any suggestions? I checked with the sender and it was created on a PC, not a MAC. Try this File | Page setup | Page Tab | Scaling - Fit to 1 page(s) wide by blank tall Pamela "SMC" wrote: > I received a spread sheet by email, saved it to my hard drive. When I print > it, it cuts off the f...

Error: not enough memory message
Every time I open an email or try to reply to an email, I get this message. What are some possible fixes for this? thanxs! ...

Printing Error on Purchase Order Blank Form
When I try to print a Purchase Order in GP 8.0 I'm getting the following error "Error in equation 'nsuppresDocSeqFooter.'" How can I fix this printing problem. Thanks in advance, ...

syntax error with INDIRECT fuction in line chart
Hello Excel users! I'm using Excel 2003 (beta w/ technical refresh). The INDIRECT function works well for me in a cell formula, ie. when I insert rows above row 3, the following formula doesn't change =SUM(-972,INDIRECT("D3")) But I tried it in my chart as well and it gave out about the syntax of it. Here's what the _partially_ working Series is like in my Line Chart: =Sheet1!$B$3:$B$37 That works, but just follows the old row when inserting a row above it and becomes =Sheet1!$B$4:$B$38 I want the first cell to remain the same (presumable using INDIRECT??) but the...

Event ID 9348 and Error 8004010F #2
We have reset our system folders on and Exchange Server 2003 (MS KB 822444) because of the errors listed below. After resetting the system folders we are still receiving the error messages and have found that in ADSI Edit there are duplicate records for the 403 and 81A records listed. The first of each is just 403 and 81A with the related information in the right-hand pane. The other two are listed as CN=403 CNF:1ba8fd50-0f60-48a8-89d0-ce36b85b9397 and CN=81A CNF:4be6223e-5a74-45ed-b8a5-cf5d17e844a3 with nothing in the right-hand pane. Can these two items be safely deleted from ADS...

Application log errors
Suddenly, I'm seeing Event ID 2003 Source Perflib event messages for the "w3svc", "msftpsvc", "ASP", and "InetInfo" services. Why are these message appearing? I don't seem to recall any changes being made on the Exchange 2000 server (on Windows 2000 Server). Also, I'm seeing Event ID 1000 Source FTPCtrs. Is this because the FTP Publishing Service is disabled? thanks. I think this is what you are talking about. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267831 "wli2k2" <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

FRx webport error message
When trying to print a report through the webport, I have a user that receives this error message: We are unable to verify that the Frx PDF Server (FRxPDFSvr.exe) is running, it may be offline. Please contact your system administrator. Other people can print this report. Thanks for any help with this issue. The FRxPDF Server.exe needs to running on the web server at all times if you want to print. "Jamie H." wrote: > When trying to print a report through the webport, I have a user that > receives this error message: > > We are unable to verify that the Frx ...

HELP!!! SQL Server Error when opening an Account on the server
All of a sudden when trying to open an account or add a new account on the server we are getting an SQL Server Error: A SQL server error occurred, contact your system administrator. Tried re-booting the server, nothing particular in the event logs... Any ideas! The obvious one here is that you have changed the datatype of an attribute between customisation imports. Have you done anything like this? R. "DBuggy" wrote: > All of a sudden when trying to open an account or add a new account on the > server we are getting an SQL Server Error: A SQL server error occurred, ...

How do I put error bars in front of markers in an excel chart?
How can I move my error bars so that they are in front of the data markers in an excel chart? If the error bars are smaller than the marker they will still be visible that way. Hi, The markers are displayed above the error bar. One way to make the error bar appear over the markers is to use a duplicate data series on the secondary axis. Format the series on the secondary axis to have no line or marker, only the error bars. Format the series on the primary axis to have line and marker formatting as you require. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info...

Buisness Portal 3.0: Locking error and Purchase Order Failure erro
I'm new to the company and have landed smack dab in the middle of a GP 7 to 9 upgrade. The company was using eRequisition and must implement Business Portal and is having two errors that haven't been resolved. #1, The selected purchase request is being modified by another user. In order to create this issue all you have to do is open a request and close the browser while the request is in a "being edited" (i.e. save, cancel, approve, etc not pressed) state. Any further attempt to modify the requisition fails withe this error. Is there any way to clear these locks? ...

how to eliminate the "image too large" error?
Hi, I build a debug version of OS image. The file size is approximately 40 MB and will generate an error message: ERROR: WriteImageToNand: Image too large (0x277593c) ERROR: WriteImageToNand: Image Too large (0x277593c) I found that BSP\Src\Bootloader\oemfmd.c includes the following two if statements. #define NK_IMAGE_OFFSET (512 * 1024) if ( dwImageLength > IMAGE_WINCE_CODE_SIZE - NK_IMAGE_OFFSET) { OALLog(TEXT("ERROR: WriteImageToNand: Image too large (0x%x)\r\n"),dwImageLength); // SpinForever(); } if ( dwSector >= dwReserveSector ) ...

store.exe error #3
Has anyone ever encountered a stop error that reads: store.exe-Application Error Instruction at "0x627ec356" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memeory could not be written. If you have and you found a way to fix it please let me know. I have been digging for weeks and my exchange server keeps crashing on me. It also will not let me move my mailboxes to my new Exchange server that I built to replace it. Need more information. Please list the relevant errors in the Application or System logs. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "aidanwil" <...

Custom report sample error when upload
I was trying to recreate the sample Account Activities Report from one of the CRM training guides. It works correctly in SQL Server BI, the preview works, etc. But when I go to upload the report to CRM, I get the following unhandled error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? -Melissa Hi Are you running your MSCRM Application Pool as Netowrk Service or a domain account? Goto Reports Manager and check that either the Domain Account or NT...

Error updating Access DB through ODBC classes
I have an MFC app originally written using Visual Studio V6 VC++. I upgraded the project to run under Visual Studio 2003. Now I am getting an error when I try to do an update on an derived MFC CRecordset object. The database is an Access database developed using Access97. the error is: "Invalid attribute/option identifier" the state Native origin is: "State:S1009,Native:87, Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access driver} Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Rob ...

Unknown Error Message
Windows XP Home. Dell Inspiron Laptop. MS Office 2003. When I open any document in Word 2003 (but not in Excel) I get the message...: "This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document." I have checked in Options etc but I cannot find any reference to registering. I do not know what this is. Can anyone help? I would like at least to get rid of the notice as it is very annoying every time I open a document. TIA for any help. Ed (I posted this earlier but it has not appeared in my OE. Apologi...

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

Error in "Desktop properties"
Hi, I have a PC with operative system WXP Pro SP3. When a go to "desktop properties" it open the window but it only shows the "theme" tab. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Lidia. Hi Lidia, I got some help for you from kelly-korner click on the link below for the fix. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/desktoptab.reg danny "Lidia" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a PC with operative system WXP Pro SP3. When a go to "desktop > properties" it open the window but it only shows the "theme" tab. > Can an...

unable to view folder error on public folder
I would appreciate any help with this problem, as the it is occuring to our general manager who cannot access our members details that we (perhaps erronously) store in public folders. We are not sure what he did, but whenever he highlights one of our public folders so that he can see the contacts in that folder he has the "unable to view folder". We have tried various permissions and rebooting the exchange server. One of my colleagues thinks it is a "locked file", and the culprit said that he was trying to select one of his personal custom views. Another fact that might...

time out error downloading email from MSN to Outlook
when ever I have emails over 3 meg in size I get the error " a timeout occured while communicating with the server" You can see that it the download starts, I believe its a timing issue with http:// accounts. If I go to MSN 8 and look at the mail its fine, any ideas would be appreciated. Sometimes my Norton Antivirus chokes on large attachments, and the resultant delay processing the file times out the server. If you're running an AV program, try rebooting and resending with the AV disabled (scan the file manually first before saving, to be a good citizen). The problem m...

I keep getting errors when I send recieve email in outlook prof
I backed up my outlook when the shceduler asked if ai wanted to do so. now I can no longer send or recieve emails. I keep getting a timed out message and the error reads it can find the smtp server but it does not respond. What scheduler asked you to backup Outlook? Just to double check, have you checked with your ISP to see if they're having any issues? Did anything else change in your PC/network setup? "Ed P" <Ed P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45FB87FA-FFBF-4260-90B3-CA1D9276013C@microsoft.com... >I backed up my outlook when the shceduler ask...

Error messages
i have created a graph this graph needs to show the values of a very wide range i dont want the scale to become unreadable, so what i have done is select the Logarithmic scale this shows the two lines(values) clearly, however i get an error message telling me i cant use zero values if i input zero values they are accepted and plotted correctly Is it Possible to stop an error message box showing ? thanks in advance kevin ...

XML parsing error: Invalid unicode character value for this platform
I've seen a couple other posts on this but no real answers. I'm trying to do a bulk insert and everything is fine until I run the objCom.ExecuteNonQuery() statement at which point I get the XML parsing error. Of course, it would be easy to simply wrap unicode characters with CDATA <![CDATA[ &#xD;&#xA ]]> but is this doable when passing values to fields to create a row since a whole row is treated as a single element? I.e.: <FileProperty File_ID_FK=\"80\" Property_Name_VC=\"Categories\" Property_Value=\"\" Property_DataType_VC=\"ol...