An Outlook 2003 Problem

I just upgraded from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2003. However, when trying to
reply, forward, and compose with Outlook 2003, I got this error message:

"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem
persists, restart Outlook."

The problem persisted. I restarted Outlook 2003, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

0
someone913 (592)

How did you upgrade Outlook 2003 from Outlook 97?
Anyway If you use Hotmail or MSN mail,
check MSKB info below.

You receive a "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error " error message when you try to use Outlook to make a change to
a recurring appointment in the Calendar of your Hotmail account or of your MSN e-mail account
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892450/en-us

otherwise please post more detailed info.

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:YQJ3e.640$Q26.303@trnddc05...
>I just upgraded from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2003. However, when trying to reply, forward, and compose with Outlook 2003, I got this
>error message:
>
> "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."
>
> The problem persisted. I restarted Outlook 2003, but it didn't help.

0
yoshikawa (22)
4/3/2005 4:14:10 AM
Thanks trying to help. I simply installed Office 2003 including Outlook 2003
and didn't do anything special.

"JR K Yoshikawa" <yoshikawa@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> How did you upgrade Outlook 2003 from Outlook 97?
> Anyway If you use Hotmail or MSN mail,
> check MSKB info below.
>
> You receive a "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error "
> error message when you try to use Outlook to make a change to a recurring
> appointment in the Calendar of your Hotmail account or of your MSN e-mail
> account
>
> otherwise please post more detailed info.
>

> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just upgraded from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2003. However, when trying to
>>reply, forward, and compose with Outlook 2003, I got this error message:
>>
>> "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem
>> persists, restart Outlook."
>>
>> The problem persisted. I restarted Outlook 2003, but it didn't help.

0
someone913 (592)
4/3/2005 4:26:25 AM
Did you install Outlook 2003 on Outlook 97 PC?
What is your OS?
Did your Outlook 97 was corporate/workgroup mode or Internet only mode?
what kind email service do you have?
(smtp/pop3, http, imap, or exchange)

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:RfK3e.1515$%b1.1016@trnddc08...
> Thanks trying to help. I simply installed Office 2003 including Outlook 2003
> and didn't do anything special.
>
> "JR K Yoshikawa" <yoshikawa@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> How did you upgrade Outlook 2003 from Outlook 97?
>> Anyway If you use Hotmail or MSN mail,
>> check MSKB info below.
>>
>> You receive a "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error "
>> error message when you try to use Outlook to make a change to a recurring
>> appointment in the Calendar of your Hotmail account or of your MSN e-mail
>> account
>>
>> otherwise please post more detailed info.
>>

>> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I just upgraded from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2003. However, when trying to
>>>reply, forward, and compose with Outlook 2003, I got this error message:
>>>
>>> "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem
>>> persists, restart Outlook."
>>>
>>> The problem persisted. I restarted Outlook 2003, but it didn't help.

0
yoshikawa (22)
4/3/2005 5:14:05 AM
Thanks for your help. I solved the problem by creating a new profile.

> Did you install Outlook 2003 on Outlook 97 PC?
> What is your OS?
> Did your Outlook 97 was corporate/workgroup mode or Internet only mode?
> what kind email service do you have?
> (smtp/pop3, http, imap, or exchange)
>

> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks trying to help. I simply installed Office 2003 including Outlook
>> 2003 and didn't do anything special.
>>
>> "JR K Yoshikawa" <yoshikawa@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>>> How did you upgrade Outlook 2003 from Outlook 97?
>>> Anyway If you use Hotmail or MSN mail,
>>> check MSKB info below.
>>>
>>> You receive a "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error "
>>> error message when you try to use Outlook to make a change to a
>>> recurring appointment in the Calendar of your Hotmail account or of your
>>> MSN e-mail account
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892450/en-us
>>>
>>> otherwise please post more detailed info.
>>>

>>> "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
someone913 (592)
4/3/2005 6:13:13 AM
FYI - Outlook 97 did not support modes, only Outlook 98 and 2000.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, JR K Yoshikawa asked:

| Did you install Outlook 2003 on Outlook 97 PC?
| What is your OS?
| Did your Outlook 97 was corporate/workgroup mode or Internet only
| mode?
| what kind email service do you have?
| (smtp/pop3, http, imap, or exchange)
|

| "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
|| Thanks trying to help. I simply installed Office 2003 including
|| Outlook 2003 and didn't do anything special.
|| "JR K Yoshikawa" <yoshikawa@ameritech.net> wrote in message
||| How did you upgrade Outlook 2003 from Outlook 97?
||| Anyway If you use Hotmail or MSN mail,
||| check MSKB info below.
||| You receive a "The messaging interface has returned an unknown
||| error " error message when you try to use Outlook to make a change
||| to a recurring appointment in the Calendar of your Hotmail account
||| or of your MSN e-mail account
||| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892450/en-us
||| otherwise please post more detailed info.
||| "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MillyS (3228)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

Excel button problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails