An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar

I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in
their inbox that contains emails.  Last week he received an email which went
into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format,
so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there.  I've
never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually
change it.  Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get
access to the emails it originally contained?

Cheers,
Gavan Blunt.

0
gavanb (1)

What happens if you use Advanced Find?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, MS asked:

| I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a
| folder in their inbox that contains emails.  Last week he received an
| email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post
| to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that
| were previously in there.  I've never seen or heard of this before,
| and I don't seem to be able to manually change it.  Has anyone seen
| this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it
| originally contained?
|
| Cheers,
| Gavan Blunt.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Offline folder problems #2

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Public Folder link to Excel File

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003