Alternate calendars

I just reinstalled office , when I attempt to enable the
alternate calendards the box is grayed out. How do I fix
this
0
anonymous (74722)

No idea. What version of Outlook???

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bz asked:

| I just reinstalled office , when I attempt to enable the
| alternate calendards the box is grayed out. How do I fix
| this

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Outlook 2007 calendar conflict
There are several ways how to calculate the weeknumbers, meaning from where the first weeks starts. If one want's to use other than outlooks default scheme (First week of a year starts on First 4-day week) that seems to conflict to where outlooks sets the accepted meeting request. There is one weeks difference in the scheme. How to fix this so that regardless of users calendar settings the meeting reguests are set to according to the date and does not adjust to recipients calendar settings? Could some command fix this? like Start | Run | outlook.exe//cleanschedplus http://www.outlook-ti...

Shared calendar not showing popup reminders; way to do this?
A colleague and I have access to our respective boss' calendars. We have them open yet minimized. What we're finding is that the 15min reminder pops up for our bosses but not for us. Is there a way to get our shared copies to also remind us of an upcoming meeting for our respective bosses. This would be of enormous help! Thanks. :oD ...

OWA - Shared Calendar
Hi I am running Windows 2003 Small Business Server R2 and Exchange 2003 SP2 In Outlook I have granted a user A Publishing Editor permissions on user B's Calendar, which works fine via Outlook, however when user A accesses the calendar via OWA using the URL https://servername/exchange/username/calendar user A only has Reviewer permissons, they are unable to create a new appointment or edit an existing appointment, is there something else I need to configure to grant Publishing Editor permissions via OWA ? Regards Kevin ...

Advice, help on code using winapi and month-calendar-object of Comctl32.dll
Hello, I tested the following VBA-code (see below) in excel 2000 on Windows XP. And it works The code is used in a userform called CalendarUserForm (height 216 points, width 170 points) with two CommandButtons (OKButton, CancelButton) on the userform.On the userform, the code creates a month-calendar-control using the WIN-API. I know i could use the Microsoft MonthView Control ActiveX-object in MSCOMCT2.OCX. But it is difficult to distribute and install these ocx-files on other systems. info about the month-calendar-object: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en...

Shared Calendars #2
I am using outlook 2003 and in my calendar portion I have an option to open shared calendar. When I browse to pick out names from contacts to share calendar with. I get an error "Unable to display the folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user". My question is how do I configure this option, also is there a better way to share 2003 outlook calendars without investing in Exchange or SBS 2003. Thank you. SM Calendar sharing is only available through Exchange. See this page for some alternatives: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --�...

Outlook calendar heading
Please can somebody tell me how to include the day of the week alongside the date in the Calendar day page heading ie. "Wednesday 19 November" instead of the default "19 November". Thanks ... Rob Change your Long Date Format in Control Panel | Regional and Language Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1069228721.350563@ananke.eclipse.net.uk, Rob wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to include the day of the week...

Strange problem with dragging mails to the calendar.
Hey, i use outlook 2000 SR 1 here. When we drag a mail to our calendar the mail is added to the calendar. But we have a strange problem. The body of the mail is not shown when the mail has been dropped in the calendar. When we go out of the calendar and into the calendar again and open the appointment then the body is shown. but this is not easy to work with. because when you drop the mail in the calendar you are not able to adjust the body because it is not show. is their anyone who knows what may cause this problem and how to solve it maybe? greetz. Have you tried right clicking and dr...

Web calendar question
I keep my Outlook calendar with our school's events. I then can save the calendar to our school's webserver as a webpage. However, events that occur on Monday show up on the webcalendar on Sunday, the day before. What do I need to do to remedy this? Thanks so much. Known problem with Outlook 2000, making the Save as Web Page unusable from January 2005 forward. No workaround in Outlook 2000. For alternative methods of publishing an Outlook calendar to the Internet, see http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/olpubcal.htm . -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook...

Outlook 2003 - Calendar
Hello, I am working on Outlook 2003. When I put the calendar on the screen with a 5 working days week, I can right click on the hours and choose to split the hours in 60, 30, 15, 10, 6, or 5 minutes. Is it possible to split them into 20 minutes? If yes how? Also instead of seeing the hours from 03:00am to 11:00pm, I would like to see the hours from 06:00am to 08:00pm. Can we do this? If yes how? Many thanks in advance for your help & regards, Jacques infojacques@gmail.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote: > I am working on Outlook 2003. When I put the calendar on t...

Calendar entries return NDR
Greetings, When I put in a calendar entry inviting a specific user to a meeting I get a messge back that contains the following: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. The account being returned is not the account I sent the meeting invitation to, but was her administrative assistant who is no longer with the company and THAT account does not exist. I checked the user's account for rules that might auto-forward and there are none. Any ideas? th...

Outlook 2003 Calendar sharing Privacy problems
On Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003, any user can check on other users availability without permission. Is this an error or a fix is on the way? The permission does not work and the menus under the Administration tab is grayed out. David A wrote: > On Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003, any user can check on other users > availability without permission. Is this an error or a fix is on the > way? The permission does not work and the menus under the > Administration tab is grayed out. Exchange "out of the box" doesn't allow this, so it sounds like someone may have mista...

How do I stop Outlook 207 from deleting my calendar entries
When outlook does a save in personal folders it deletes new entries to my calendar. How do I stop this? I use save after entering the entries so don't know why this happens. Where is your calendar? If you want copies of the appointment on 2 calendars, you need to copy it, not move it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:E...

Shared Calendar Problem (AD Account, not Public Folder)
We have a number of Shared Calendars such as Conference Room resources. Most of these work flawlessly with the exception of any that are on a specific server. These calendars are constantly having problems where users are unable to access, either receiving free/busy error or the calendar cannot be found. If I log in as the account with Outlook using the /cleanfreebusy it sometimes resolves, other times it does not but the problem eventually goes away for whatever reason (temporarily). Assuming the common thread with this problem is the public folder data on this server since this is ...

Calendar Start Date
I need to make a yearly (academic) calendar that starts with the month of September. When I click on change the date after choosing the yearly option, I can only change the year, not the month. How can I make a yearly calendar with a different start month? What version Publisher are you using? Do you want a one page calendar? In Publisher 2000, there is a date on the taskbar. Change the date from Sept. to whenever you want the end. Publisher will make a number of pages for the requested months. When this is finished click yearly. You will have to ungroup the calendar and adjust the a...

Moving calendar entries #2
Hi, how can I move my exchange mailbox calendar entries to my archive (pst) file located on my local PC. Thanks in advamce. Atilla. use autoarchive or use a table view (such as all appointments) and drag them to the archive pst? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: h...

Dummy Outlook account for calendaring?
Is there a way to set up a dummy Outlook account so that a user can share a calendar by syncing from a PDA? Our new principal has an Outlook icon on her desktop that does not connect to any mail server and she uses that for her calendar. She wants to set up the same scenario on the secretary's computer. Our company email is on an Exchange Server but she does not want the calendar on the network, nor does she want to share the desktop. I have looked at using profiles but that requires shutting down the secretary's exchange login, which is not acceptable. Any ideas? Steve...

Outlook Calendar disappears after upgrade
Upgraded a user from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2003 (actually, it was an Office upgrade). His calendar appointments completely disappeared. The Outlook .PST file was only in the KBytes. So I found the latest Archive .PST from Outlook 97 (it was approximately 60MB). First, I tried opening it - nothing. Then I tried importing folders from it - the Outlook .PST file grew to 60MB also, and import of the Calendar took quite a while. But still no appointments show up in the Calendar! What am I doing wrong? All this user uses Outlook for is to keep track of his appointments in the Calendar, so thi...

When are the Microsoft Calendars for 2006-2007 SY available
We start our school year July 17, 2006. I would prefer to use some of the educational materials from your download section, attendance sheets, calendars, etc. but need 2006-2007 on them ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/c...

transferring data from one calendar to another
I finally received a computer at work, after having done all my calendaring for appointments on my home computer for several months. I work in a large school district and the new e-mail system seems to utilize Outlook (the calendar looks identical). Is there a way I can transfer the data from my Outlook (2002) calendar at home to my calendar through the system's network at work? The computer is brand new so I assume that it would be the most recent version of Outlook on the work computer. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly! You can export your calendar to a PST file in...

problem to import calendar items after saving in csv file (with MD
Hello, I have lot's of outlook's mailboxes that are corrupted. I use MDBVU32 to remove corrupt item. Before remove, I export calendar in csv format. I delete the folder calendar with MDBVU32 tool and I restart outlook with /resetfolders to force the re-creation of calendar folder. I do the import from my csv file but all works except that Meeting organizer and attendees are not copied into calendar. We use outlook 2002 with domain controller 2003 and exchange server 2000. Thanks a lot for assitance. Eric See your other post -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.c...

Calendar search
Outlook 2007 I suspect this is easy but I can't find the answer in HELP or google. Outlook Calendar Search only finds items listed in the current week view. An item in the previous week, next week, or any time other than current week is not found in a Search. How do I get Outlook to search in more than current week? j lunis, you wrote on Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:49:11 -0400: > How do I get Outlook to search in more than current week? Please install following hotfix that improves the search reliability: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961752/en -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP...

DST Exchange Remediation: Running Exch or Outlook Calendar Update
We plan on doing the recommended steps Microsoft has said to take to remediate the Daylight Saving Time change in the Exchange environment: applying server OS updates, Windows XP updates, and Exchange patches (in that order). However, the last step is optional: running the Exchange Calendar Update Tool for our 1800+ affected users or have the affected 1800+ users run the Outlook Time Zone Update tool themselves. I haven't tested either tool in the lab yet, but I am not enthusiastic on running either tool (which sound like the same tool from what Microsoft has said). I can pictur...

Gmail Calendar
I don't suppose anyone has a way of syncing Gmail calendar with Entourage calendar? On 1/22/10 10:24 AM, in article C77F3B65.6D5E%johnn1jm@gmail.com, "John Merrill" <johnn1jm@gmail.com> wrote: > I don't suppose anyone has a way of syncing Gmail calendar with Entourage > calendar? Not that I am aware of... Sorry! -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy> <-- Entourage mailing list Twit...

Alternative to excel if nest function
Hello. I have the following problem. In the attached file you will see part of a program that I have been working on. This part should multipl columns F and H from workshhet called finisaj with cell g51 from th first worksheet. The result is copied into the second table and ther it should be multiplied with the column D from finisaj. And that� exactly what it�s doing. What I would like to know if there is different way of doing what I have just told because of the limitation of the if nesting function. Thank you very much +-----------------------------------------------------------------...

Public Folder
I have a request I'm having trouble filling... Notes: - The idea is (and to stay) contained within our Exch Public Folder(s). - We have task and calendar objects in this location for the specified action described below. The goal: Assign a task and have it display for the user(s) in a calendar view. So far: - I've looked around at views of Tasks, nothing that comes close to a calendar layout. Is this an over-sight on my part? - I've tried making the new task object relate to the new calendar object, no luck. Is there something I pebcaked? - I know the SDK package ca...