All Emails Have Disappeared

When I went today to check my emails in my inbox, my
computer froze and I rebooted and went back in but to find
that all my emails have disappeared from my inbox;
however, all my other folders (sent, drafts, deleted, etc.
emails are there).  I thought it was comcast and called
them but they said it is in OUtlook. This has never
happened to me before and have rebooted in the past and
all my emails have been there.  Where are they and how do
I retrieve them back?

Desperate - please respond - I need someone's intellect
and wisdom to resolve this problem.

Thank you - Deborah
0
anonymous (74722)

What version of Outlook?  Have you searched (turn on searching =
hidden/system folders) for all files with a .pst extension?

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After a lot of head-scratching, Deborah asked:
=20
| When I went today to check my emails in my inbox, my
| computer froze and I rebooted and went back in but to find
| that all my emails have disappeared from my inbox;
| however, all my other folders (sent, drafts, deleted, etc.
| emails are there).  I thought it was comcast and called
| them but they said it is in OUtlook. This has never
| happened to me before and have rebooted in the past and
| all my emails have been there.  Where are they and how do
| I retrieve them back?
|=20
| Desperate - please respond - I need someone's intellect
| and wisdom to resolve this problem.
|=20
| Thank you - Deborah
0
MillyS (3228)
10/8/2004 5:34:25 AM
Outlook Express.

searching hidden/system folders) for all files with a .pst=20
extension?

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>

>After a lot of head-scratching, Deborah asked:
>=20
>| When I went today to check my emails in my inbox, my
>| computer froze and I rebooted and went back in but to=20
find
>| that all my emails have disappeared from my inbox;
>| however, all my other folders (sent, drafts, deleted,=20
etc.
>| emails are there).  I thought it was comcast and called
>| them but they said it is in OUtlook. This has never
>| happened to me before and have rebooted in the past and
>| all my emails have been there.  Where are they and how=20
do
>| I retrieve them back?
>|=20
>| Desperate - please respond - I need someone's intellect
>| and wisdom to resolve this problem.
>|=20
>| Thank you - Deborah
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/9/2004 11:46:55 AM
Try this...
From the Toolbar in Outlook, click on View \ Current View and choose
Messages.  You may have unintentionally turned on a different View that
won't show All of your messages.

"Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Outlook Express.

> [...]

0
robertsxx (2)

Can't Forward email headers
The one thing that's making me seriously consider not using Outlook 2002 for reading email, is that it simply refuses to forward full email headers. The only way to do it is to manually open the email, and start navigating menus until you get to where they are hidden (someone explain to me why an email header belongs under something called "Options"), then reconstruct the incoming email by hand, cutting and pasting. It's like Outlook 2002 was designed to be spammer friendly, by making spam reporting as hard as possible for the user. Kevin Another option is to just atta...

Can't receive email, have run out of things to check
Outlook 2007 New install on brand new laptop, running Windows 7 Setting up Account and [Testing] shows success (POP and SMTP settings identical to working machine) When clicking [send and receive] dialog shows no errors (and shows success for account sending and receiving tasks) Using ZoneAlarm (Turned off email checking) Wireless Connection Internet works (Can download etc.) Send works, can't receive. Don't know what else to check. Is there is some new security setting someplace? Ralph You have the right Port? Also turning off the email scann...

Outgoing Email stuck in Queues
I just completed a SBS2003r2 installation. Running 2003SP2 and Exchange SB2, ISA2004. I increased exchange to 50GB and restored the mailboxes, approx 40GB - everything seemed ok. however, NO email is going OUT. ALL email is getting stuck in the Outgoing Queues. I tried to look at the the ISA, but whenever I try to view a firewall policy i get an MMC error. Any suggestions on where i can look to try and resolve. dac Have you run the CEICW since installing ISA? If not, that's the first thing I'd do. Check the system and application logs for errors. If CEICW does...

Outlook 2007 invisable emails
I run Outlook 2007 on Win 7. I have 1 (one) and only 1 folder where the emails are not visible, it started this afternoon. I know there are emails, 25 is listedon Outlook and when a new one arrives that is moved by a rule, it shows up next to the folder, ex. (5). I have closed and opened Outlook, rebooted, and run "Repair" from the CD, nothing, nada, zero. When I click on the "From", "Subject", "Received", bar it comes up as an unknown error message. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you, Richard "Richard" <Ric...

Multiple Email Accounts #2
How do you manage multiple email accounts with Outlook? Very easily - what version? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Sister" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030101c3b46d$716e12e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... | How do you manage multiple email accounts with Outlook? ...

Configuring Exchange 2003 to resolve outbound email
Exchange 2003 server on lives on 2003 domain hosting its own DNS: The box that runs AD also runs DNS. This Exchange server resolves internal mail fine. External mail just sits in the queue stating that the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. 1. I configured external DNS servers through the Default Virtual SMTP server connection. No luck. 2. Created an Internet mail SMTP connector with default option to use DNS to route to each address. Used Wizard for this configuration. Still no luck. We have 2 different forests, 1 corporate the other (this is the one I’m having pro...

Laptop Needing POP3 & Exchange For One Email Account
Ok, here goes. I have a user that needs a laptop set up for 2 locations. Her primary location is on the network and will use the Exchange server to get mail. Her secondary location is a remote site that uses POP3 to get to the Exchange email. I have licenses to either Outlook 2000 or 2003 available. Is it possible, using either version (prefer 2003), to set up her email account on this one laptop to access her company email via direct network connection AND POP3 when she is at another site? Thanks in advance! Jeff Jeff wrote: > Ok, here goes. I have a user that needs a laptop set ...

Word template used for emails?
Older versions of Office had an email.dot template used for sending emails using Outlook and Word as the editor. Cannot find the template using 0ffice 2003. Any ideas? Becky <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Older versions of Office had an email.dot template used > for sending emails using Outlook and Word as the editor. > Cannot find the template using 0ffice 2003. Any ideas? I think it just uses the Normal.dot template. -- Brian Tillman ...

Missing eMail content
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3344321199_316276 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Entourage 2008 Version 12.1.5 Mac OSX 10.4.11 Mail from some correspondents always arrived in my inbox with no content. I have found that if I redirect the mail to myself I can see the content of the returned redirected mail 1. what is happening here? 2. can I find a more elegant way of recovering the situation without being...

Multiple email addresses #2
How can I switch between email addresses. Business and home What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Matt" <k3msb@wowway.com> wrote...

send excel work sheet as the body of email.
I am unable to consistenty control whether rows or columns remain hidden when I send an excel document as the body of an email address. My proposals are sent to customers in this fashion. When they are viewed by the recipient, they are receiving my hidden fields which is confidential work data. I am somewhat stumped because up untill recently I very seldom had this problem. Any ideas???? Hi c_worc You can use my SendMail Add-in (Outlook version) http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Or code examples from my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm If you not use Outlook...

setting up mutiple email accounts
I have 4 different mailboxes and I need them to go into 4 different inboxs. I dont need them to got into a community inbox. How do I do that? The help assist tells me to setup different profiles but doesnt tell you how to do it. please help With a single profile; Create mailbox specific Folders, as subfolders of Inbox Create rules to move received mail to specific folder "thephoneplace" <thephoneplace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28D1499D-B5C6-49F0-94D8-F9659341D06D@microsoft.com... > I have 4 different mailboxes and I need them to go into 4 differen...

deleting old email recipients from the "To" field
Can anybody tell me how on earth I can clear out the recipient suggestions from the "To" field in outlook. This is a very annoying feature when outlook suggests recipients that do not exist anymore. Thanks, Christoph Using your arrow keys, cursor to the entry and hit the Delete key. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Christoph" <cstreubert@disney.com> wrote in message news:9f5101c43466$d5a9a570$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anybody t...

Unable to send email #6
All of a sudden I can no longer send emails. To my knowledge I have not changed any settings. The following message is what appears in my inbox within the "undeliverable email:" The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'jsscmack@carolina.rr.com' on 8/13/2004 11:35 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for jsscmack@carolina.rr.com Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks, Sherry Sherry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > All of a sudden I can no longer send emails. To my > knowledge I have not changed any settings. The ...

all email from a domain to one user
hi my name is aaron what want to do is have all emails from mail.mydomain.com goto user123 and only for that subdomail i still want mail from user@mydomain.com i have exchange 2003 EE and windows server 2003 EE is this posable i tryid in the users smtp *@mail.mydomain.com, @mail.mydomain.com, %@mydomail.com can some one please help i wold be very aprecative i can also be contated on ajm228@msn.com but do not send email to this address as i will not get it "aaron" <aaron@aaronms.info> wrote: >hi my name is aaron what want to do is have all emails >from mail.mydo...

CRM4 Email Tracking
Hello, I just recently upgraded to CRM4 in my Production environment and I am having email tracking issues. Have setup up the new Email Router directly on my Exchange Server and I have the users setup with the following config. Email access type Incoming - Forward Mailbox Email access type Outgoing - Email Router The rules are published and I can see the email show up and dissapear in the Forward Mailbox, but when they show up in Outlook they are not showing that they are tracked. You can see the tracking token in the subject line, but the replies are not showing tracked and they ar...

Outlook express 6, schedule an email
How do I schedule an email to be sent later at a future date? Michael Morris <mikemorris1@hotmail.com> wrote: > How do I schedule an email to be sent later at a future date? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. I think the answer, however, is "you can't." -- Brian Tillman ...

How to hide the email addresses of the contacts in a distribution
I need to create a distribution list that is saved in our Global Address List (that all employees can access), but don't want those who are looking at the contents of the distribution list to be able to view the listed contacts' email addresses. (Note this is before sending an email to the dist. list using Bcc:). Is this possible? Any input is much appreciated. Thx. If you create nested distribution groups within it they can't. For example if you make a DL called DLS: All Yourcompanynamegoeshere E-mail Users, instead of adding in each person one at a time put them into a DL ...

Archive Email
User wants to Archive email from Inbox. I right click on Inbox and select AutoArchive tab. Then check mark the AutoArchive for 3 months. Then I add Archive Folder through Services. When I open up Archive Folder, there is not INBOX Why?? ...

Shared email address, can't privatize apptment
I have two secretaries who share an email address. However they have each created a calendar on their own laptop for themselves. It seems that one cannot mark an item on her calendar and keep it private from the other secretary. I don't understand why not?? Thanks. kamp "kamp" <kamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:763AB811-6D9C-4C9A-B661-16C2EA4804A2@microsoft.com... >I have two secretaries who share an email address. However they have each > created a calendar on their own laptop for themselves. It seems that one > cannot mark a...

Exchange 200 - Outlook 2003
i've a problem with my users. In fact I want to limit the attachments size to 5MB. I succeded in sopping relaying them but when a client tryes to send bigger email It' late beacuse this mail is already put in DB. Two days ago a user tried to send a mail with and 650 attachment. So in DB I found the rejected email and the 650 relply to the user. How to configure excange to completly reject all these mails? Thanks Mat Hi Mat, There are a few different ways to achieve this; here is how I would do it if I wanted everyone to have the same Message size limit. Open Exchange Sys...

can i remove background images from mailbox emails?
my users have had the bright idea of using background images in all their emails lately, so now every time they send an email or get a reply, they have some stupid graphic wasting space on the server. is there any tool (FREE) that i can use to delete these files from the information store? On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:08:16 -0500, "newsgroups.bellsouth.net" <none@newsgroups.bellsouth.net> wrote: >my users have had the bright idea of using background images in all their >emails lately, so now every time they send an email or get a reply, they >have some stupid grap...

Sending Email in Outlook
I'm running Windows XP Pro and Office XP Pro and set up a profile in Outlook. The profile is identical as profile on another system but when I try to send a test message, I get the error, 'Can't send message, check email address". I've retyped the email address and password several times but it won't send. The other system who's settings I copied work fine. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. ...

returned mail
--------------------------------------- There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <servername #5.5.0 smtp;552 MS-Office file containing VBA macros found inside of the email> --------------------------------------- I cannot figure out why this error continues to come up. This just started after loading the patches from last Tuesday, and it does not happen with all office files. These files probably do have macro's, but they had no problems sending before last Tuesday's patch day. A googl...

CRM 4.0
I have a CRM 4.0 Professional (with Exchange mail router integration) user who is trying to send email that CRM reports is too big... no attachments, single paragraph of plain text. I'm aware of the max size setting for attahments but have not seen one for messages themselves. To my knowledge no changes have been made in the system and this user has sent emails recently with and without attachments. Thoughts? Much appreciated, JD See registry setting for maximize the email string etc. Can you check log if its not sending, whats log saying, email me. -- Regards, MS CRM Certifi...